Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- RIP Ed Asner
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:06

Another legend passes.

Ed Asner Dies: TV Icon Who Played Lou Grant Was 91

Ed Asner, legendary actor, activist and philanthropist, passed away peacefully Sunday morning, surrounded by family. He was 91.

Asner, former president of the Screen Actors Guild, is best known for his role as Lou Grant on both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff Lou Grant, pulling off the extremely rare feet of playing the same character in both a comedy and a drama series.

He is the most awarded male performer in Emmy history with seven wins — five of them for playing Lou Grant. He also received the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award in 2001.

Asner’s long list of credits also include the movies Elf, one of several movies in which he played Santa Claus, and Pixar’s Oscar-winning Up, in which he voiced the lead, Carl Fredricksen. He was most recently seen guest starring on the Emmy-nominated comedy series Cobra Kai, playing Johnny Lawrence’s step-father, Sid Weinberg.
[deadline.com]

Re: OT- RIP Ed Asner
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:19

Sad news indeed - loved him in Elf, one of my favourite Christmas movies. A brilliant actor who will be extremely missed. Asner always reminded me a bit of the late Jack Klugman who was also able to pull off comedy (Odd Couple) and drama (Quincy) equally well. Asner was masterful in any type of role. Condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Not a great week (or month) with too many of these sad notices of celebrity idols passing.....

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:21

Oh my. I remember watching him on the Mary Tyler Moore show on Saturday night. It was a must watch before heading out for the night. I also watched his show Lou Grant which was rather good. RIP sir.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:37

Another guy who remained active until the end. Over here he was primarily known as Lou Grant. RIP.

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:54

I'll never forget his portrait as Nick Noltes father in "Rich man poor man". Rest in peace

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 30, 2021 16:25

May I add my own compliments and condolences too please? A wonderful actor, and even more importantly, a wonderful human being. rightly recognised for his acting capabilities he was equally deserving of recognition for his generosity, decency and philanthropy.

I loved him in ALL the roles mentioned by everyone else here. Rich Man, Poor Man, Elf, MTM, Lou Grant, Up and Cobra Kai.

God rest you Ed Asner. And thank you for the hours of pleasure your acting gave me.

Way to go sir.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home