Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Travel international to USA fall 2021
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:49

Great news.

Nate

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:26

Fantastic news! See you Euros in Atlanta smileys with beer

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: October 17, 2021 20:13

Yup, tickets to the US secured for the 8th. Expensive as hell, but nothing compared to hotel + ticket for Miami (if I manage to get one). But if one is to go bankrupt, this is the one, eh?

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 21:38

yes the european people come.

my flight to Atlanta is 11. 9. 2021 for the last 4 Konzerts.

i am very happy to see the Stones and to see friends from USA.

See you at the Konzerts and the Shidoobee parties.

Stones Forever

OT:Negative Covid -19 test to leave the United States
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 20, 2021 12:58

Do you need to have a negative Covid-19 test to be allowed to leave the United States as a foreign citizen? I am fully vaccinated and will travel with a proof of vaccination and a negative test (72h) to show up at customs upon arrival in the US.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 12:59 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Re: OT:Negative Covid -19 test to leave the United States
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2021 13:20

JumpinJeppeFlash

Do you need to have a negative Covid-19 test to be allowed to leave the United States as a foreign citizen?

18-Oct-2021: "C.D.C. travel recommendations continue to differ for those who are fully vaccinated and those who aren’t. [...] They also don’t need a pretest before departing from the United States, though one still may be required by the destination." - [www.NYTimes.com] .

CDC Travel Health: "Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 & planning international travel? You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the U.S. unless your destination requires it." - [Twitter.com] , [wwwnc.CDC.gov] .

Date: October 20, 2021 13:37

Irix
JumpinJeppeFlash

Do you need to have a negative Covid-19 test to be allowed to leave the United States as a foreign citizen?

18-Oct-2021: "C.D.C. travel recommendations continue to differ for those who are fully vaccinated and those who aren’t. [...] They also don’t need a pretest before departing from the United States, though one still may be required by the destination." - [www.NYTimes.com] .

CDC Travel Health: "Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 & planning international travel? You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the U.S. unless your destination requires it." - [Twitter.com] , [wwwnc.CDC.gov] .

Many thanks!smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 20, 2021 17:18

2 weeks ago I got my 3rd jab of the Pfizer for my booster .

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 20, 2021 17:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
Do you need to have a negative Covid-19 test to be allowed to leave the United States as a foreign citizen? I am fully vaccinated and will travel with a proof of vaccination and a negative test (72h) to show up at customs upon arrival in the US.

Thanks in advance!

I'd play it safe and be fully vaccinated with test results. At the very least find out the requirements of your destinations FIRST! The policies seem to be very fluid and it would be better to be prepared for anything. The rules could change before you return home.

CBII

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 20, 2021 19:14

There are no rules of test or vaccine in order to leave USA for travel abroad, or for using domestic flights. Still, at check-in you state you do not have fever or covid-19, you are not supposed to fly if you are covid-19 positive.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 22, 2021 15:02

Pity i did threw back my LD's to Ticketmaster.. Ticket prices are sky high now. Guess it will be Europe 2022 for me.. if not my last show was the last show with Charlie in Miami smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: October 22, 2021 16:03

bv
There are no rules of test or vaccine in order to leave USA for travel abroad, or for using domestic flights. Still, at check-in you state you do not have fever or covid-19, you are not supposed to fly if you are covid-19 positive.

Thank you Björnulf!

welcome back to the US Canadian and Mexican fans
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 8, 2021 19:45

hello my fellow stones fans south and north of the border today the border has opened to fully vacinated people to cross into the us
and i welcome you and hope those of you who are able can see a show
and for canadian and pnw fans (myself included) i hope they add a vancouver show

Re: welcome back to the US Canadian and Mexican fans
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:10

My sister and her husband left Vancouver at 4am this morning to drive down to their place in Scottsdale, where they haven't been in almost 2 years now. She said it took 15 minutes to go through the border.
One thing the Canadian govt. is still requiring is proof of a negative covid test done within 72 hours prior to crossing the border back into Canada and tests can be a couple hundred dollars so that's still a deterrent for people.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:41

DGA35
My sister and her husband left Vancouver at 4am this morning to drive down to their place in Scottsdale, where they haven't been in almost 2 years now. She said it took 15 minutes to go through the border.
One thing the Canadian govt. is still requiring is proof of a negative covid test done within 72 hours prior to crossing the border back into Canada and tests can be a couple hundred dollars so that's still a deterrent for people.

yes the price is outrageous i wish something could be done about it

Date: November 9, 2021 02:12

Fans from Mexico and Canada have NOT had any major limitations in getting into USA and the No Filter tour. The land border may have been closed, but a cheap flight into USA from Toronto, Vancouver, Cancun or Mexico City have been easily available for a long time. I have met fans on this tour from Canada, and I arrived myself from Mexico two months or so ago.

Bjornulf

Re: Travel international to USA fall 2021 - opens Monday Nov 8
Date: November 9, 2021 02:17

Today Monday November 8, 2021 USA is open for travel from abroad, also for Europe/Schengen, and countries having no access so far due to the pandemic. All you need is a vaccine certificate, and a negative Covid-19 PCR test.

So fans from Europe and other places may arrive into the four remaining Stones shows in Atlanta, Detroit, Austin and Hollywood Florida.

Bjornulf

Date: November 9, 2021 02:22

ProfessorWolf
DGA35

The PCR test is complex and expensive, involving high level of protection, lab works, paper works etc. It will always cost $100 - $150. Good news are you do not travel every day.

I have been on the tour for three months, and I have done just two PCS tests, just one of them really needed, the other one was more of a backup for the first LA show. So compared to total travel cost, Covid-19 PCR testing is to be ignored.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 03:10

bv
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

The PCR test is complex and expensive, involving high level of protection, lab works, paper works etc. It will always cost $100 - $150. Good news are you do not travel every day.

I have been on the tour for three months, and I have done just two PCS tests, just one of them really needed, the other one was more of a backup for the first LA show. So compared to total travel cost, Covid-19 PCR testing is to be ignored.

I guess it depends on how long you plan on staying in the US and how many people in your group. If you're a "snowbird" heading down for the winter, it's no big deal but if you're a family with a few kids, it can get pricey wanting to go down for a few days. Reading today reports that Canada might get rid of that mandatory test, which is good since only fully vaccinated people can cross the border anyways.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 9, 2021 03:34

FYI - Covid test is required to enter the United States, but it can be either a PCR or Antigen test.
Regulations in the States do not mandate what type of test is required.
Just a negative test result.

Canadians Considering Traveling To Detroit --- Covid Border Proceedures?
Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:57

Hi everyone; is there anyone from Canada looking to travel to Detroit for the show? (via car / land travel)

I am lost in terms of the proceedures and what is allowed and what is not...

I am double-vaxx'd, wanting to drive in for the show, and then drive back into Canada immediately after

Please only looking for facts here; not opinions

I get stuck in trying to understand the whole idea of what tests are required to get back into Canada...

I am not worried about getting into the USA --- that seems pretty straight forward... it is the Canadian testing requirements which the Canadian government has imposed on Canadians coming back into the country which confuses me to no end...

If anyone has any factual information they can share please, it would be much appreciated...

How do I get a test conducted?
Where do I go to get a test done? Does it have to be in Canada? Can it be in the USA?

Sorry for my confusion...

Re: Canadians Considering Traveling To Detroit --- Covid Border Proceedures?
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:59

I haven’t read through this entirely, I did so just thinking about a trip to Seattle. But it may help:

[www.canada.ca]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 11, 2021 20:57

Land border to US - no antigen test needed to enter (but still needed if arriving by air). You’ll have to provide proof of vax.

Returning to Canada, by air or land (even fully vaxed) you need a negative PCR test done within 72 hours before entry. These can be done in Canada before departure if you’ll be gone less than 72 hours, likely easier to find and also likely cheaper. You’ll get your test result by email around 24-36 hours after getting the test so leave enough time to get your results.

In Ontario you can have a PCR test done at many Shoppers Drug Mart, but have to book an appointment, and have to pay for your test on line at Life Labs (LifeLabs.ca) before you get your test, they will give you a requisition number that Shoppers needs to submit the test. PRINT your requisition - 2 weeks ago their website crashed and I was at the Pharmacy trying to open my email to get the requisition number, couldn’t, had to scramble last minute to ge test elsewhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 21:04 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 11, 2021 22:44

I flew to Vegas on Saturday and flew back on Sunday (under 72 hour trip) from Vancouver.

If you're under 72 hours you need to do a PCR Covid test within Canada and do not need to do a return covid test as long as the time of your test does not extend beyond 72 hours of when you board your plane back to Canada.

You also need a printout proof of vaccination to show to the border control going both ways. That's all I needed to do to make it happen.

If you're there longer than 72 hours you need to book a covid test in the USA and present the results at the gate of your return flight.

When you are at your hotel about to leave for the airport to head home, fill out everything on the arrivcan app (Canadian border app). If you do it at the airport you may have issues with wifi etc. It takes about 5-10 min to fill out. Make sure you have a pdf/screenshot of your vaccine status and your negative covid test to upload. It will also ask you to take a photo of your passport, which was super simple to do. Good luck!

Date: November 12, 2021 04:14

Thank you all so very much for the info, this is great!!

When do the 72-hours start counting down...? from when I get the test done, or from when the results are issued to me?

If I'm driving (that is the plan), should I use the ArrivCan app...? (I don't think so...)

Thanks for the tips about all the printing etc.!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 12, 2021 06:43

72 hour countdown is from the time the test is taken... I did mine on the latest appointment possible on the Thursday at 6PM. I was worried I wouldn't get the results in time (they say roughly 30 hours) but my results came within 14 hours.

I'm not sure if you need to use arrivecan when driving.

Date: November 17, 2021 17:30

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help / knowledge / guidance and assistance... your replies contributed substantially to me being able to be at Ford Field on Monday night --- it was AMAZING (something like my 25th or 30th show since my first one in 1994...)

The crowd around me was singing along SO much... the Rear GA Floor (Section H) was AWESOME, the boys were EXCELLENT

THANK YOU all very much for helping this Canuk make it!

and honestly, it was the Canadian government bu!!sh!t which was the MOST stressful part... driving back into Canada after the show... even though I had everything ready... that took so much effort... whereas getting into the USA and the stadium were SO human and normal and easy

The Canadian government's approach... SO OVER regulated, so much extra money, so unneccesary... I am not complaining about political parties; I am saying that our government is CRAZY about this stuff (sorry, but having spent the better part of week preparing for this concert, and realizing that 90% of that preparation was learning the rules, the proceedures... the paperwork, apps, going for extra testing (I am double-vaxx'd), waiting, timing everything... incredibly stupid, especially if you consider the basic math of it all...

Being double-vaxx'd, I tested negative

THEN I stood in a stadium with over 50,000 people

and then, in order to re-enter my country, I had to show a piece of paper that showed I had tested negative a couple of days ago

what an unintelligent mess, sorry

On the flip side, the show was STELLAR!!!! The people of Detroit, the operations of the stadium --- WELL DONE!!!!!

Thanks again everyone for helping me get to a monumental gig!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 17, 2021 18:48

Glad you made it to the show, Ruskafarian.

That does sound like quite a mess with the border crossing back to CA.

(I too have gone to maybe 25 to 30 or so shows, since my first one in 1994/95)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 18, 2021 14:13

Being allowed into Germany again after an incredible show in Atlanta required upload of a certain document what was checked at the airport before issuing boarding passes, and never again. Since being back I am sitting for at least 5 days at home under quarantine regulations, as coming from a 'high risk country'. So silly, actually its the other way round...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2021 16:29

Hoping the link will play. The testing requirements for re-entry to Canada are changing … and there’s a Stones connection.

[www.cbc.ca]

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home