Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Travel international to USA fall 2021
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:10

glimmertwinz

Have there been any indication/rumours as to when the States will let Europeans in without the 14 day stop over?

Yes - [iorr.org] . Indication/rumours are currently November 2021 or US-Thanksgiving.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:14

Would be interesting if they opened up Canada and the UK in Sept or Oct.
Fans from both countries could potentially make this tour then.
Wonder how many would?

U.S./U.K. Travel Picks Up–Airlines Hope For September Or November Lifting Of Travel Ban

There were repeated calls in the U.K. this week for the U.S. to revoke the travel ban, which has been in place since March 2020. But as JetBlue launched its new London/New York service, there were signs of increased confidence, despite the airlines believing that the travel ban won’t be revoked before September and possibly as late as November.

Heathrow airport is the busiest airport in the U.K. and before the pandemic, it was the busiest in Europe, but it has called on the government to do more to increase travel–in July, it said that 1.5 million people passed through its terminals, which is well below pre-pandemic levels. As reported by inews, it has asked that PCR tests be replaced with lateral flow tests (which are much cheaper and faster) and that the U.K. government pushes harder for the U.S. to open up its borders and reciprocate by rescinding its travel ban.

A spokesperson for Heathrow airport said this week, “with fully vaccinated U.S. visitors now able to travel to the U.K. without the need to quarantine, the joint U.K./U.S. travel taskforce must capitalise on the U.K.’s world-leading vaccine rollout and reach a reciprocal agreement for fully vaccinated U.K. travellers.
[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:20

MisterDDDD

[www.forbes.com]

This article is from 15-Aug-2021. There're newer ones by Forbes - [iorr.org] .

Date: September 15, 2021 17:38

Irix
MisterDDDD

[www.forbes.com]

This article is from 15-Aug-2021. There're newer ones by Forbes - [iorr.org] .

Sure.
No new insights than article linked, which had more relevant info imo.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 20, 2021 17:45

Looks like our European and British friends can come to the U.S. in November

US to Ease Travel Restrictions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-20 17:47 by BFR.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 20, 2021 18:09

BFR

Yes. They say "early November". You will need to be fully vaccinated, and also having a negative covid-19 test no older than 72 hours prior to department to USA.

Bjornulf

Date: September 20, 2021 18:11

bv
BFR

Yes. They say "early November". You will need to be fully vaccinated, and also having a negative covid-19 test no older than 72 hours prior to department to USA.

The Vegas show on the 6th is VERY early November.......not looking hopeful.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 20, 2021 18:20

What a knife-edge. I have tickets to Vegas, I had all but given up hope of attending, now it seems so close but so far! I could really do with early November really meaning early November!!!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 20, 2021 18:28

Yessssssss good news!!!!!! I still have got my tix for Dallas on 2nd November. Please pray for me I can make it on that date from Europe..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-20 18:28 by RG.

Date: September 20, 2021 18:31

Manofwealthandtaste
bv
BFR

The Vegas show on the 6th is VERY early November.......not looking hopeful.

Dallas is VERY early November... good chance Vegas makes the cut for this imo.
Atlanta, Detroit & Austin could all be planned on.

Was hopeful this announcement would include good news for Canada, but the report made a point to state that it didn't include the land borders.
Perhaps the land borders opening will still come prior, would be good news particularly for the Detroit show Nov. 15th.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:34

I have flights to Dallas on October 31 :-) Hopefully we'll be able to see some shows! Really looking forward to it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:03

BFR

Hope it happens - one of the many reasons this tour has been a bit off w/bad vibes is due to the travel restrictions.
Might be too little, too late, but if fans from abroad can at least make a couple shows, would be nice and help lift one of the dark clouds.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:27

I should be travelled to the US this week from the U.K. for Ohana Festival. Absolutely devastated I’m missing it.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:51

I really wish the USA would announce exactly when in November so our friends across the pond could make plans. Then again, everything is subject to change without notice these days so concrete plans are near impossible. Will be interesting to see if tickets for the November shows start getting snapped up. Fingers crossed for the Euro folks.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 20, 2021 21:18

[www.theguardian.com]

Looks like early November.

Date: September 20, 2021 21:24

Yeahh but what is early November? If it's November 1st I could attend Dallas too, If it's November 12th I can't even attend Vegas and Atlanta...the exact date is now very important.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 20, 2021 21:42

It's come a little too late. Vegas was a possible when the dates were first announced but I've given up . It would have to be very early November as you would need a day before the show . Too many what ifs . Roll on RAH in December (a guess)winking smiley I will follow the tour remotely . Hope everyone has a blast.

sc uk

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 20, 2021 22:25

hockenheim95
Yeahh but what is early November? If it's November 1st I could attend Dallas too, If it's November 12th I can't even attend Vegas and Atlanta...the exact date is now very important.

Soon come. Details are supposed to be officially announced a day before Boris Johnson visits the White House, per The Times, and all I can see for that visit is "early" this week.

As for whether AZ is OK, that's up to the CDC, per the WH.

Date: September 20, 2021 22:49

DeanGoodman

Soon come. Details are supposed to be officially announced a day before Boris Johnson visits the White House, per The Times, and all I can see for that visit is "early" this week.

The US approved AZ for air travelers from Canada earlier this year.
Can't imagine it will be any different for other countries.

Fully vaccinated’ after two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, U.S. says
By JUDITH LACHAPELLE and ARIANE KROL, La PresseLaPresse Torstar
Fri., July 16, 2021

MONTREAL - Although the AstraZeneca vaccine is not licensed for use in the United States, U.S. health authorities now officially consider people who have received two doses of the vaccine (or of Covishield, the version of the vaccine produced in India) as “fully vaccinated.”

But there is a catch: this does not apply to people who switched vaccines between the first and second dose, which at least two million Canadians did. The interchangeability of vaccines, approved in Canada, is not yet authorized in the U.S.
[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: September 21, 2021 09:40

LOL I booked to fly from the UK to Vegas a couple of months ago. Flying on 4th November. Now sweating on what early November means!!!!

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:38

Is anyone going solo from the U.K. to any of the gigs in November? Offered the mrs’s to pay for everything and she’s not interested so that ain’t gonna stop me trying to go

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:33

DeanGoodman
hockenheim95

CDC website said "any WHO-approved" vaccine for a long time.

US travel restrictions: Vaccinated travellers from UK and EU allowed to enter from November
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 21, 2021 19:32

Non-US citizens will finally be allowed into the country from November onwards. They will, however, have to prove they are fully vaccinated and show a negative COVID test result.

White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients announced the new rules yesterday. He said that authorities will require all foreign travellers to show proof of being fully vaccinated and a negative COVD test taken in the 72 hours prior to arrival.

It was not immediately clear which vaccines would be accepted. Zients said that decision would be up to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Fully vaccinated passengers will not be required to quarantine.

Unvaccinated American citizens will need to show a negative COVID test taken in the 24 hours prior to arrival, and they will need to be tested when in the US. Full details on the rules for returning American citizens will be announced soon.

The CDC will also require airlines to collect contact information from travelers to facilitate contact tracing.

The new rules replace the patchwork of travel restrictions created by Donald Trump last year and tightened by Biden earlier this year.

"This is based on individuals rather than a country based approach, so it's a stronger system," Zients said.

The EU and UK had previously moved to allow in vaccinated US travellers without quarantining, in an effort to boost business and tourism. But the EU recommended last month that some travel restrictions be reimposed on US travellers because of the spread of the Delta variant in America.

[www.euronews.com]

Re: US travel restrictions: Vaccinated travellers from UK and EU allowed to enter from November
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 21, 2021 19:36

Vaccinated AND a negative test.. wow

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 22, 2021 06:37

At least with the Canadian border open to vaxxed Americans, bands from the US can come up and play small to mid-sized gigs here for now.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 22, 2021 11:14

mosthigh
At least with the Canadian border open to vaxxed Americans, bands from the US can come up and play small to mid-sized gigs here for now.

Yup! Hopefully we get a few shows announced soon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 22, 2021 18:37

Please do NOT post covid-19 related opinions here. They will be deleted. There is a separate covid-19 thread on IORR. On the page linked up below I just posted some of the reasons why the US federal authorities do require BOTH fully vaccinated AND a negative test before visitors may enter USA in November:

Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world

Bjornulf

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: September 23, 2021 04:18

I booked flights between Tokyo and US yesterday.
Fortunately flights from most of east asian countries are not required 14 days restriction so far.

Now I have to do is go to a clinic within 3 days before arriving and its result should be negative.
PCR test costs about $150 here in Tokyo.

I will have a test on Sunday and land on San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon.

Date: September 23, 2021 08:05

Still no word on when exactly we can enter the States. I am quite nervous now :-)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 23, 2021 18:49

hockenheim95
Still no word on when exactly we can enter the States. I am quite nervous now :-)

The exact opening date is supposedly going to be announced next Monday.

Nate

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home