Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Travel from Europe to USA fall 2021
Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 10, 2021 16:03

Are there any people from the states at this thread how can tell us if the measures will be lifted for people from Europa in the next weeks? What is the expectation? Does Mick already have talks with Biden..?winking smiley

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: September 10, 2021 17:25

Im desperate for some news as well - hanging onto 2 sets of LDs for Austin and Atlanta......

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 10, 2021 19:05

adamw3405

Im desperate for some news as well

"The Press Secretary for the White House, Jen Psaki, was asked again Wednesday [1-Sep-2021], if there was any news on when the U.S. travel ban might be lifted. The answer was a clear no, that the policy remains unchanged for now [...]" -- [www.Forbes.com] - (4-Sep-2021).

"And the U.S. has yet to lower its borders and remove its travel ban for EU and U.K. travelers–the hope would be that Executive Order 212f, which President Biden enacted during January 2021–is lifted before Thanksgiving" - [25-Nov-2021] -- [www.Forbes.com] - (7-Sep-2021).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 19:25 by Irix.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 10, 2021 19:06

RG
Are there any people from the states at this thread how can tell us if the measures will be lifted for people from Europa in the next weeks? What is the expectation? Does Mick already have talks with Biden..?winking smiley

I hate to say it but don't hold your breath. Right now things are bad and until the anti-vaxxers change there tune this will go on for awhile.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 10, 2021 20:56

RG

Most European airlines are now looking at November being the earliest timeframe for the USA to allow direct travel from Europe.

Nate

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 11, 2021 07:51

Nate
RG

Most European airlines are now looking at November being the earliest timeframe for the USA to allow direct travel from Europe.

Nate

Thanks Nate. I hope I can make it to Dallas in November.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 11, 2021 14:26

Sorry if this was already posted.Has anyone Traveled From Abroad and is in The USA Now? And if so how did you do it? Mostly asking European Stones Fans Thank You.M

Date: September 11, 2021 14:45

mikey C

Has anyone Traveled From Abroad and is in The USA Now?

Yes: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 11, 2021 15:55

Us, too. But i doubt it sad smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: September 11, 2021 17:00

In my case, coming from Canada for the nashville show, I must tell you that you have to be a great fan to go through the numerous hassles.

The three of us going have to pass a test in Montreal before taking our flight (CN $200 each, or US $150).

Then, in Nashville, we have to find a clinic or medical center that provides PCR tests for travellers. I have found a couple so far. The least expensive seems to be US $145 each.

Someone from Nashville here could give me some additional tips/info???

Daniel

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 11, 2021 17:49

daniel t
In my case, coming from Canada for the nashville show, I must tell you that you have to be a great fan to go through the numerous hassles.

The three of us going have to pass a test in Montreal before taking our flight (CN $200 each, or US $150).

Then, in Nashville, we have to find a clinic or medical center that provides PCR tests for travellers. I have found a couple so far. The least expensive seems to be US $145 each.

Someone from Nashville here could give me some additional tips/info???

Daniel

Don't know about Nashville PCR testing, but am hopeful regulations regarding Canada change/loosen on Sept. 20th.
If they wait until Oct 20th that would still work for Nashville.

Renewed monthly since March of '20, many were surprised and angered the border wasn't opened up last month when Canada changed their rules allowing for non-essential travel from the US.
Hopefully, that happens, likely changing the requirement to just your vax proof etc at that point.

%edit- Vanderbilt Health offers them for $119 at various Nashville locations.
[www.vanderbilthealth.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 17:58 by MisterDDDD.

Re: Travel international to USA fall 2021
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 12, 2021 04:55

These are my experiences and advice of my travel from Norway i.e. Europe to USA for the tour:

Travel to USA for The Rolling Stones Tour 2021 (stoneslife.org)

In short, you need 15-16 days in Mexico, Bahamas or similar. And a negative PCR covid-19 test ahead of US departure etc.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-12 05:54 by bv.

Date: September 12, 2021 05:52

Thanks, MisterDDDD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-12 05:52 by daniel t.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 12, 2021 15:46

Travelling these days is not easy, especially if you're from Europe and want to see the Stones in the US.
You need at least 15 days/14 nights days outside Europe before entering the US.
Also a transit in the US is not allowed so that limits the number of airlines from Europe. So KLM was not an option for me this time and I figured out that British Airways was flying direct to Nassau from London.
I used KLM from Amsterdam to London; you need a passenger locator form when going to the UK: negative test result AND a confirmed day 2 test reservation (55GBP) which I wasn't going to use as I was in transit but still had to book it because this was needed to complete the form.
Had to make sure that there was enough time in between flights because of possible delays and long queues; fortunately it all worked out well.
Matt booked the same BA flight so we met at Heathrow Airport and continued our trip together.
For the Bahamas you need another form: Bahamas Travel Health Visa: many questions, negative test result and another 50USD.
In short: lots of rules and paperwork; rules can (and will) change, make sure you are prepared and flexible. Hopefully travelling from Europe will be easier soon but no guarantees...

Matt and I spent the first night in Nassau and the day after we took another flight to Eleuthera: a true paradise with the ocean, beautiful beaches, palm trees, stunning sun rises and sun sets, coconuts, pineapples, cocktails, delicious local fish and very few people.

Counting down...

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 12, 2021 16:17

Probably just because I worry about everything, but if I were traveling in from outside US I would be a little concerned about vax verification(s) at the venues that require it (and elsewhere). I'm sure it will be fine, but the people checking for proofs aren't exactly trained in all the various countries' vax proof systems. They are looking for CDC cards, and at best they'll likely be a bit of a delay getting in with anything other.

Got thinking about this because I live near Canada, and while the border is now open for me to visit, the vax proof system they have in place for a variety of things has me a little nervous about doing so.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 14, 2021 01:06

Hendrik
Travelling these days is not easy, especially if you're from Europe and want to see the Stones in the US.
You need at least 15 days/14 nights days outside Europe before entering the US.
Also a transit in the US is not allowed so that limits the number of airlines from Europe. So KLM was not an option for me this time and I figured out that British Airways was flying direct to Nassau from London.
I used KLM from Amsterdam to London; you need a passenger locator form when going to the UK: negative test result AND a confirmed day 2 test reservation (55GBP) which I wasn't going to use as I was in transit but still had to book it because this was needed to complete the form.
Had to make sure that there was enough time in between flights because of possible delays and long queues; fortunately it all worked out well.
Matt booked the same BA flight so we met at Heathrow Airport and continued our trip together.
For the Bahamas you need another form: Bahamas Travel Health Visa: many questions, negative test result and another 50USD.
In short: lots of rules and paperwork; rules can (and will) change, make sure you are prepared and flexible. Hopefully travelling from Europe will be easier soon but no guarantees...

Matt and I spent the first night in Nassau and the day after we took another flight to Eleuthera: a true paradise with the ocean, beautiful beaches, palm trees, stunning sun rises and sun sets, coconuts, pineapples, cocktails, delicious local fish and very few people.

Counting down...

Hendrik Mulder

I just arrived in Canada from the UK for the 14 "full days" gap before I can enter the USA. Same plan as Hendrik & Matt, only a week later. Major family event means I could not/would not leave earlier and my first gig will be Charlotte.

Smooth process, and helpful staff at both airports. Some paperwork and a PCR test to get into Canada, plus you need to be double vaccinated. But then who wouldn't get vaccinated? Over 99% of UK Covid deaths this year are in un-vaccinated people, and most of those 1% were clinically extremely vulnerable. Do you feel lucky, punk?

I just wonder why the US still enforces that 14 day rule for fully vaxxed people. However if you can spare the time, I know it will be worth it for the upcoming shows.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: September 14, 2021 01:56

Question to Non-US residents planning to go US or already in US.
Do you bringing a vaccinated certification just issued in your home country, in other words, non-US format ?

I am from Japan and this is Japan format.
[family-clinic-kugahara.com]
Mostly written in Japanese, I believe common Americans are not familiar with it.

Still I can not decide should I go.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: September 14, 2021 15:40

Has there been any indication of when Biden will lift the travel ban from Europe?

Date: September 14, 2021 15:50

a bigger nut
Do you bringing a vaccinated certification just issued in your home country, in other words, non-US format ?

Mostly written in Japanese, I believe common Americans are not familiar with it.

This has been a concern of mine for those coming over.
At best, getting into venues that require vax/test proof will be slowed while they have a supervisor check it etc. At worst, one could be denied entry.

As there are only a couple venues as of now where this will be applicable, I would get a test completed a couple days before showtime for those shows.
A lot of other places are starting to require it as well though, (restaurants etc) perhaps a test every three days while you are here would work well in lieu of a CDC card.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: September 15, 2021 03:33

MisterDDDD
a bigger nut

At best, getting into venues that require vax/test proof will be slowed while they have a supervisor check it etc. At worst, one could be denied entry.

As there are only a couple venues as of now where this will be applicable, I would get a test completed a couple days before showtime for those shows.
A lot of other places are starting to require it as well though, (restaurants etc) perhaps a test every three days while you are here would work well in lieu of a CDC card.

Thank you for your comment.
Validity of certification is a totally big issue for me.

My personal reasons allow visiting US dates only between Charlotte and LA.
But LA venue requirement let me hesitate to choose LA x2 shows despite its relatively easy access from Tokyo.

I have to decide in couple of days.
Can not make decision means no go US, no Stones. Ughhhhh.

Date: September 15, 2021 04:02

a bigger nut
MisterDDDD
a bigger nut

Thank you for your comment.
Validity of certification is a totally big issue for me.

My personal reasons allow visiting US dates only between Charlotte and LA.
But LA venue requirement let me hesitate to choose LA x2 shows despite its relatively easy access from Tokyo.

I have to decide in couple of days.
Can not make decision means no go US, no Stones. Ughhhhh.

Not from LA, but free and easy testing where you get emailed your results within a day (or near instant results for a fee) seem to be plentiful. You could almost get by with the same test result for the 72 hour requirement for both shows winking smiley

Resources in Inglewood for testing, that's what I would do.
[www.cityofinglewood.org]

Date: September 15, 2021 14:40

Question for those (like me) coming from outside the USA to see the shows.

Do you think we can be denied entry in the US based on the matter of a Stones' concert being a ''non-essential travel''?

What are you going to answer if the border authorities ask you the reason for you coming to the US?

I have to say these things worry me a bit.

Daniel

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 15, 2021 15:00

I wouldn't think the reason of your visit has any relevance as long as you have spent the previous 14 days in a country other than the 33 countries the US currently denies direct entry from.

[travel.state.gov]

Edit: I read above you're coming from Canada by air, so you should be fine. Air travel from Canada to the US hasn't been restricted, only land travel has.

[www.cbc.ca]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 15:20 by Topi.

Date: September 15, 2021 15:00

daniel t

Question for those (like me) coming from outside the USA to see the shows.

Follow BV's report on stoneslife.org - [iorr.org] .

See also his comments that's not just 14 days because the arrival/departure days don't count - so better stay longer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 15:05 by Irix.

Date: September 15, 2021 15:32

Irix, daniel t is coming from Canada so if he just hasn't visited any of the "banned" countries

(Brazil, China, Iran, India, Ireland, South Africa, the U.K. or 26 European countries in the Schengen Area)

during the 14 days prior to entering the US, he'll be fine. Air travel from Canada to USA is permitted. Only land border crossings are a no-go - at least until September 21 for now.

As to why Canadians can fly but not drive into the US, no one really knows...the US government hasn't given any explanation!

[www.cbc.ca]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 15:41 by Topi.

Date: September 15, 2021 15:49

Topi
Irix, daniel t is coming from Canada so if he just hasn't visited any of the "banned" countries

(Brazil, China, Iran, India, Ireland, South Africa, the U.K. or 26 European countries in the Schengen Area)

during the 14 days prior to entering the US, he'll be fine. Air travel from Canada to USA is permitted. Only land border crossings are a no-go - at least until September 21 for now.

As to why Canadians can fly but not drive into the US, no one really knows...the US government hasn't given any explanation!

[www.cbc.ca]

Funny, I pulled up the exact same clip and was going to post similar.

I believe the Canadian land-border will open up on the 21st of either this month or next, either in time for the tour.
Course, I've been thinking that for a while, but the uproar, on both sides of the border, from it not being reciprocated when Canada opened up, I think will do it this time.
We'll find out next week when the month to month closure is either re-upped or revised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 15:52 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 15, 2021 16:00

Topi

Irix, daniel t is coming from Canada

Didn't know that since there was no mention of Canada in his specific post.

Date: September 15, 2021 16:03

Nope, but I happened to read that above on the same page of this same thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 16:15 by Topi.

Date: September 15, 2021 16:34

Irix
Topi

Irix, daniel t is coming from Canada

Didn't know that since there was no mention of Canada in his specific post.

Sorry, yes, I forgot to mention I was coming from Canada by air. My apologies.

Daniel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 18:15 by daniel t.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: September 15, 2021 16:58

Have there been any indication/rumours as to when the States will let Europeans in without the 14 day stop over?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home