Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Voodoo Lounge Should be the Next Deluxe Release
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 28, 2021 06:46

LickĀ“s sessions could be a good one too ....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 28, 2021 17:55

I Go Wild (instrumental)
Play it as loud as you can...for Charlie

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 17:55 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2021 18:44

Lynd8
I'd like to know why we have to have re-releases at all. All I ever want is the outtakes - why don't they just do a boxed set of the outtakes like the Bob Dylan series?

Stones outtakes are almost universally a disappointment. Their method of building a song made the finished product the best. The Beatles sometimes had different rhythms (I'm Looking Through You), or made an entirely new creation (Tomorrow Never Knows), both from Anthology.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: August 28, 2021 18:53

I love Voodoo Lounge. I'd buy a deluxe edition. Moon Is Up, I Go Wild, and Mean Disposition are awesome songs. It could have had Jump On Top Of Me on it with no problems at all.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 28, 2021 21:38

Re: Voodoo Lounge Should be the Next Deluxe Release new
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2021 13:20

Yeah me hardcore .... so there's one copy sold ...... HHHAAA..

2 sold sign me up

but add deep love/talk is cheap/strictly memphis/crushed pearls/victor hugo/putty in your hands/stick it where it hurts

and we got a pretty good set

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 28, 2021 21:49

i don't know if a deluxe album is the right treatment for the outtake from vl
maybe though since there is so much unfinished goodies they could as monkeyman2000 suggested do a second tattoo you album with mick, keith, and ronnie finishing off the best songs into a new album and it wouldn't sound so jarring to hear a 78 year old mick on top of recordings from 30 years ago as opposed to 50 years ago plus keith and ronnies playing styles haven't changed as much from this era as others they have done recently

but if we want something that we "hardcore" could be surprised by i think a deluxe bridges to babylon would be cool as ffso showed there is a lot of quality outtakes from those sessions that no one knew about who knows what else could be out there

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 10:35

Lynd8
I personally love the album but with "Voodoo Stew", "Voodoo Brew" and the easy to obtain B-sides, we mostly have everything we need - no? I'd rather they dip back to "It's Only Rock and Roll" and clear the decks of any outtakes from 71-74 that have not gone out yet.

I could not agree more. Those who dig VL so much, should be satisfied with the 10-disc series: Voodoo Brew, Stew and Residue...
I do not understand how you could be wishing for a VL Deluxe when there are more outtakes (in top quality) available than the Stones would ever release. What are you hoping for an 11th disc of unreleased takes?
I actually love VL and I think the 10-disc series is the Holy Grail when it comes to unreleased takes, songs. We do not have anything remotely close to these discs accompanying any other Stones album. 10 discs of unbelievable material in the best sound quality.
So how about a Black and Blue Deluxe, and -- hate me for it -- a Dirty Work Deluxe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-29 10:41 by frenki09.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 29, 2021 12:19

Yes, VDL is great! I also hope a deluxe with the various outtakes. Chiarlie is in the foreground and it's great to listen to him!

Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: August 29, 2021 17:52

At least Mick could add vocals to the outtakes and no one would know the difference!!!!!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 29, 2021 18:06

yearsinthemaking
At least Mick could add vocals to the outtakes and no one would know the difference!!!!!!!

I wonder at what point Mick graduated to 'old current voice'.

Somewhere between Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge?

Or was it between Dirty Work and Steel Wheels?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 29, 2021 18:40

I have a feeling Jagger's severe nasality started around 1997. His hoarse voice between 1975 to 1982 is more attributed to punk/coke than anything else.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 29, 2021 18:41

treaclefingers
yearsinthemaking

I wonder at what point Mick graduated to 'old current voice'.

Somewhere between Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge?

Or was it between Dirty Work and Steel Wheels?

Imo after Dirty Work his voice gradually became more and more nasal and thinner. Especially after Voodoo Lounge

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2021 22:45

I'm all for a VOODOO deluxe (and BRIDGES). But I'd rather more of the 1970s leftovers (and UNDERCOVER). Perhaps an anthology (Beatles) kind of thing since they're pinching on the LP deluxes. A bit offensive, really, regarding what they have.

Who knows.

Maybe UMG will do some kind of anthology series once they do retire.

Why not. It won't hurt the "legacy". The legacy was established a long time ago and ended in 1981.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 31, 2021 17:58

Besides the sex appeal, the album does have a tremendous amount of unique sounds to it - VL that is. The Harpsicord on New Faces. At the time, I was blown away by it - still am from time to time. Don't think I've ever heard another rock song that features one, or even anything that wasn't Bach, Vivaldi, or Beethoven!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 31, 2021 18:46

KRiffhard
I Go Wild (instrumental)
Play it as loud as you can...for Charlie

[youtu.be]

Obviously nothing against Mick , but would love to hear an officially released complete instrumental VL including the B sides....a great team album

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2021 18:55

Said before - great sounding record, great feel, but the songs are a bit weak. Too bad Mick didn't save his writing from Wandering Spirit and bring it into these sessions..

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 31, 2021 21:09

Harpsicord on Angel in my heart - Wandering spirit. cool smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 31, 2021 21:29

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I clearly need to give that one another spin!!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 31, 2021 21:58

Send It To me
Said before - great sounding record, great feel, but the songs are a bit weak. Too bad Mick didn't save his writing from Wandering Spirit and bring it into these sessions..

Exactly my thoughts too. The best tracks from Voodoo Lounge, Main Offender and Wandering Spirit could have formed a fantastic album, probably up there with their best.

It was not meant to be. They had the song material, but contractual obligations for solo albums got in the way...

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 1, 2021 02:41

VoodooLounge13
Besides the sex appeal, the album does have a tremendous amount of unique sounds to it - VL that is. The Harpsicord on New Faces. At the time, I was blown away by it - still am from time to time. Don't think I've ever heard another rock song that features one, or even anything that wasn't Bach, Vivaldi, or Beethoven!!

Jimi Hendrix - Burning of the Midnight Lamp
Beatles - Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite, Because
Rolling Stones - Lady Jane

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-01 09:51 by terraplane.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 1, 2021 04:44

Bridges to Babylon was better. And listen to how good the leftovers were on Fully Finished Studio Outtakes! It should be next

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 1, 2021 12:24

Voodoo Lounge was a "return to form", but only if you believed the hype machine. If the best stuff made it to this tepid album, the leftovers aren't worth my time.

Now an outtakes anthology of their post-1989 material would be a far more interesting prospect.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 1, 2021 19:55

Black and Blue would be my personal favorite but It's Only Rock'n Roll, Voodoo Lounge or even Steel Wheels would be also interesting.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home