Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

St. Louis - might this be the best Stones show left bc of Charlie
Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 25, 2021 23:03

I cannot think of any ock bands who have been together for 59 years. Thats incredible and it probably won’t ever happen again. I don’t think there has ever been a concert so soon after the loss of a founding member of a band who was the band for such a long time. When the stakes are high, the Stones always deliver. They are keenly aware of special events (for example, their show in Cuba) and they rise to the occasion. So this enormous loss sets the stage for a very important and significant show in St. Louis where the band will do something that really has never been done. Play a Rolling Stones show without Charlie Watts. I know they are doing the private gig for Kraft….but thats a different situation. That means they will be extraordinarily motivated to make St. louis a historic event that both honors Charlie and shows that the Stones are still the greatest band in history. My prediction is that this will be a very special show…..surely theywill play something unique to honor Charlie. Salt of the Earth would be perfect. Also As Tears Go Bye, Dead Flowers, Far Away Eyes, Sad Sad Sad, Winter.

Don’t miss St.Louis….its going to be special. I still want them to play Slave!!

Re: St. Louis - might this be the best Stones show left bc of Charlie
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 23:41

I'd like Kraft to say in light of this, I don't feel right having you play for me.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 25, 2021 23:46

VoodooLounge13
I'd like Kraft to say in light of this, I don't feel right having you play for me.

You know, I was just thinking about this very same subject.

Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 26, 2021 00:03

Kraft is getting warhorses and a test run. The Stones care about their legacy. They also love their pay checks. They are not going to do a historic show for a private event. In fact, I predict they will deliberately hold back at Kraft’s show. Quite honestly the setlists for their private shows have sucked. They did Crazy Mama for that San Diego show….at 4mm per night, I would expect a hell of a lot more. Nope….Kraft’s not getting the good dope. St. Louis is getting the good dope. If there is ever a Stones show not to miss, this is it. Just being the first post pandemic show is huge..add Charlie and I would argue this is biggest Stones show ever. How can you not blow the roof off the place when your bandmate and brother of 59 years just passed? I have never read anybody who said anything bad about Watts. Its showtime for the Stones….don’t miss St. louis.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 26, 2021 00:20

The Boys will memorialize Charlie in their own special way. I agree that St. Louis will be good dope.smiling smiley I'm glad you posted this since I was too timid to say anything.

Posted by: Nikkei ()

I really don't get how this Salt of the Earth stuff keeps coming up. What has that song to do with anything about them. It's almost laughably insincere. And it must be such a deeply emotional and heartfelt affair for everone once they get those Honky Tonk Women vibes going

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 01:15

Plenty of seats available for St. Louis. It's been a slow sell. Maybe due to being a COVID hotbed and being an indoor show. Don't know.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 26, 2021 01:43

Re: St. Louis - might this be the best Stones show left bc of Charlie new
Date: August 25, 2021 23:41

or he could let some real fans in to see the show

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 26, 2021 01:45

Posted by: Nikkei ()

I really don't get how this Salt of the Earth stuff keeps coming up. What has that song to do with anything about them. It's almost laughably insincere. And it must be such a deeply emotional and heartfelt affair for everone once they get those Honky Tonk Women vibes going

i think can't you hear me knocking would be a good tribute with a extended jam at the end

Date: August 26, 2021 01:58

I'm going to say the exact opposite. An
They play the first show without Charlie VERY close to the vest and we get a very conservative set of War Horses with Miss You dedicated to Charlie

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 26, 2021 02:01

shattered
VoodooLounge13

You know, I was just thinking about this very same subject.

The guy who took a private jet to Miami for the world's most expensive handy? Doubt it.

Date: August 26, 2021 02:04

Didn't he once brag that he had the last Stones concert in the US before they returned in 2019? No way Kraft cancels.

Date: August 26, 2021 02:12

Yeah he is a prk thru and thru.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 26, 2021 07:05

Just booked flight hotel etc (refundable) for this opener.
Now, just need a ticket cool smiley Seems to be plenty, probably go with a rear GA.

This is going to be a tough one, at best bittersweet, for the fans and the band if it still goes.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: August 26, 2021 08:48

MisterDDDD
Just booked flight hotel etc (refundable) for this opener.
Now, just need a ticket cool smiley Seems to be plenty, probably go with a rear GA.

This is going to be a tough one, at best bittersweet, for the fans and the band if it still goes.

I did samethimg. Got Lucky AF got a ticket Seat 1 in Section B. Right by stage at end of catwalk. No way I could miss this show! Gonna be EMOTIONAL for sure!!! Luckily I work for Major Airline so flights are booked. And got Marriott downtown near stadium for $150 night of show!!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 26, 2021 10:26

Cubanstones
Kraft is getting warhorses and a test run. The Stones care about their legacy. They also love their pay checks. They are not going to do a historic show for a private event.

Yeah I bet it'll be more of a dress rehearsal for the tour and a very well-paid one. (good for the band... though I bet it'll be the saddest gig of their life).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home