Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20
Re: Is it time for the Stones to stop rolling?
Posted by: caesar ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:10

„ Guys, whatever you do, don’t try and grow old gracefully. It wouldn’t suit you.” Pete Townshend, R‘n‘R Hall of Fame introduction, 1989.

But they should end it gracefully!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:35

Nikkei
Someone on Twitter pointed out how the Stones have a singer and two guitarists left while the Beatles have a drummer and a bass player
Should they then combine the 2 groups and have them do a permanent residency in Vegas @ Cesar's Coliseum ? They would rake it in and would run out of bank vaults to fill !

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 3, 2021 15:22

Ringo is in Phil Collins’ shape. You all know this.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:40

RawIguanaCologne
LeonidP
RawIguanaCologne
LeonidP
I'm all for lesser songs ... 90 mins is ideal! 120 mins max! I never cared for the 3 hour shows much ('81 I did, but that was my first time).

Hey folks

I just don´t get it - people, who ever they are, thinking they are in charge of deciding when it´s time for Mick, Keith, Ronnie and the band to call it a day??!!??
Who the hell do you think you are?
What "rules" are you talking about?

Did you ever spend a thought that what made the Stones great was them being reluctant to any of these expectations?

Sorry, I don´t GET IT!!!

And I´m looking forward to Europe 22!

Agree on all counts .... just not sure what that had to do w/ quoting me.

Hello - I´m terribly sorry, cause I quoted the wrong thing!
Excuse me please!

No problem, was just curious about that! Again, excellent points!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2021 07:30

At this point, no.

The press/etc keep it up regarding how old they are.

They're a wonder for boomers etc. It's gotten much worse than in the 1990s.

Why not keep going?

It will be soon, though, that enough people will hear a show on a tour with whatever is going bad - Keith, unfortunately - which has already happened, and stop showing up enough.

The wonder of age and continuing. It's highly likely that Keith won't be able to play anymore, worth the admission, and the whole 'die in a wheelchair' trip won't come true to the extent of what the Stones have become.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 6, 2021 02:48

caesar
„ Guys, whatever you do, don’t try and grow old gracefully. It wouldn’t suit you.” Pete Townshend, R‘n‘R Hall of Fame introduction, 1989.

But they should end it gracefully!

Totally agree my friend. I guess there will be a great deal of criticism of this point of view though. The point about ending it gracefully. I have said something pretty similar before and have been blasted to kingdom come for it - 'disrespectful' 'who the hell do you think you are' - and much more abusive and threatening variations on the theme. For what it's worth I intend no disrespect. Far from it. But I want the band to go out with a bang, not a whimper. The biggest threat now is a couple of poor shows that the press will leap upon and ridicule the band. That would be horrible.

No matter how much we WANT the band to continue, and in an ideal world I'd want them to continue forever, the world is NOT ideal, and age, physical health, safety and security considerations to mention just a few things, are realities we cannot ignore for much longer.

Sixty years celebrated next year in the UK seems just ideal to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:01

Set up camp at Muscle Shoals....
Record .... record ..... record ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 416
Record Number of Users: 189 on August 24, 2021 20:10
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home