Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24
Re: Is it time for the Stones to stop rolling?
Posted by: caesar ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:10

„ Guys, whatever you do, don’t try and grow old gracefully. It wouldn’t suit you.” Pete Townshend, R‘n‘R Hall of Fame introduction, 1989.

But they should end it gracefully!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 3, 2021 13:35

Nikkei
Someone on Twitter pointed out how the Stones have a singer and two guitarists left while the Beatles have a drummer and a bass player
Should they then combine the 2 groups and have them do a permanent residency in Vegas @ Cesar's Coliseum ? They would rake it in and would run out of bank vaults to fill !

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 3, 2021 15:22

Ringo is in Phil Collins’ shape. You all know this.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:40

RawIguanaCologne
LeonidP
RawIguanaCologne
LeonidP
I'm all for lesser songs ... 90 mins is ideal! 120 mins max! I never cared for the 3 hour shows much ('81 I did, but that was my first time).

Hey folks

I just don´t get it - people, who ever they are, thinking they are in charge of deciding when it´s time for Mick, Keith, Ronnie and the band to call it a day??!!??
Who the hell do you think you are?
What "rules" are you talking about?

Did you ever spend a thought that what made the Stones great was them being reluctant to any of these expectations?

Sorry, I don´t GET IT!!!

And I´m looking forward to Europe 22!

Agree on all counts .... just not sure what that had to do w/ quoting me.

Hello - I´m terribly sorry, cause I quoted the wrong thing!
Excuse me please!

No problem, was just curious about that! Again, excellent points!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2021 07:30

At this point, no.

The press/etc keep it up regarding how old they are.

They're a wonder for boomers etc. It's gotten much worse than in the 1990s.

Why not keep going?

It will be soon, though, that enough people will hear a show on a tour with whatever is going bad - Keith, unfortunately - which has already happened, and stop showing up enough.

The wonder of age and continuing. It's highly likely that Keith won't be able to play anymore, worth the admission, and the whole 'die in a wheelchair' trip won't come true to the extent of what the Stones have become.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 6, 2021 02:48

caesar
„ Guys, whatever you do, don’t try and grow old gracefully. It wouldn’t suit you.” Pete Townshend, R‘n‘R Hall of Fame introduction, 1989.

But they should end it gracefully!

Totally agree my friend. I guess there will be a great deal of criticism of this point of view though. The point about ending it gracefully. I have said something pretty similar before and have been blasted to kingdom come for it - 'disrespectful' 'who the hell do you think you are' - and much more abusive and threatening variations on the theme. For what it's worth I intend no disrespect. Far from it. But I want the band to go out with a bang, not a whimper. The biggest threat now is a couple of poor shows that the press will leap upon and ridicule the band. That would be horrible.

No matter how much we WANT the band to continue, and in an ideal world I'd want them to continue forever, the world is NOT ideal, and age, physical health, safety and security considerations to mention just a few things, are realities we cannot ignore for much longer.

Sixty years celebrated next year in the UK seems just ideal to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:01

Set up camp at Muscle Shoals....
Record .... record ..... record ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2022 15:20

wavelength

They don't read this forum but they are clearly aware that opinion is not unanimous. So fans decide their fate to some extent. It will interesting to see how they spin it.

I'm quite convinced that at least Stones related/ PR people lurk here. When Jagger and Richards smile at the camera if BV takes a picture and he posts it here, you know it almost for fact.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 16, 2022 15:56

AS far as I'm concerned, they may not be what they once were.. .

... but they still make the most glorious racket on the planet !

and whilst ever they do, they should keep doing it .smiling smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 16, 2022 16:44

No.

Next topic.

Mathijs

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 16, 2022 16:48

Can we please delete this thread? If the thread creator doesn't want the Stones to be anymore he simply can stop going to the shows and delete any social media related to the Stones. But let the others still enjoy it as they like. Thanks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2022 16:56

Considering the absolute joy given to so many including themselves, the proposition seems selfish.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 16, 2022 17:01

treaclefingers
Considering the absolute joy given to so many including themselves, the proposition seems selfish.
THIS.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 16, 2022 17:03

Circumstances and the Stones themselves will decide when and how they stop rolling. I would never have thought that they would tour without Charlie, but they did and we loved it (in the main). Was very aware at my last show might be just that and happy to have them go out on a high, if that was to be their decision. It's not our choice to make, still buzzing that the last show I saw was magnificent and will roll with the punches regarding future decisions. Trying to be realistic rather than greedy!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 18:00

Rockman
Set up camp at Muscle Shoals....
Record .... record ..... record ...

Exactly Rockman,

It's as simple as that.
And ... whether one likes it or not: Rolling Stones gather no moss. It has been that way since our globe created rolling stones and it will never change as long as there are stones rolling.
It feels great to roll along with Mick, Keith and Ronnie (while the other Stones who stopped one way or the other are and will always be on my mind).

I lost too many Stones fan friends on the way to today, so I don't want to waste time on the question of this thread.
Roll on guys!

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 16, 2022 18:46

Only if THEY want to. I would accept that. On the other hand if they choose to keep rolling I will use planes, trains and automobiles to go.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:00

Seems to me based on the You Tube clips I seen they can keep on Rolling if they like .

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:14

It's their decision.

I understand that they want to play more.

In my opinion, they should have stopped doing concerts under the name "The Rolling Stones" after Charlie Watts death.

They should play simply as "The Stones"

A band without Charlie Watts' drumming under the name "The Rolling Stones" is unacceptable for me.

And this is what they (Mick & Keith) thought before and they both declared.

And it's all about the quality of the music.

Their music is characterized by Charlie's unique drumming, as well as Keith's playing and Mick's singing.

Everything else is replaceable, but these three are not.

This was clearly demonstrated on their "Sixty" tour.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-16 20:28 by 1962.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:43

It's funny. I have no interest in seeing them again. Way too predictable, too costly, etc. After 2013, with the only highlights being Midnight Rambler, Keith's opening chords to JJF, and the chorus on YCWGWYW, I knew it was time to pack it in. Be happy for times you saw them. Still.........I like the idea when they're still out there making people happy. I get worried when they don't tour for a while. What I really look forward to is a new single. They can still pull it together for that.

Charlie's shocking death was the first reminder that what is left does have a limit. So.....as long as they make people happy, and give me a new single, or a killer bonus track on a super deluxe album....roll on.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:55

What kind of thread is this? Right now they don't roll because that's how the tour was planned

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 16, 2022 21:08

No.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 16, 2022 21:12

Keep on rolling...............

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 16, 2022 21:24

Nikkei
What kind of thread is this? Right now they don't roll because that's how the tour was planned

This thread was started shortly after Charlies passing. Until today's response to a nearly year old post, it had been dormant since last December.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 16, 2022 21:32

bye bye johnny
Nikkei

This thread was started shortly after Charlies passing. Until today's response to a nearly year old post, it had been dormant since last December.

Well there was probably a point to it then but now it seems kind of moot

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 16, 2022 22:23

No i think Mick and Keith are taking this to the end, until one of them can no longer perform physically, i thought they might call it a day at the end of this tour but they are just too good to stop.

They still have plenty to offer live and with a new album coming out soon ( i hope ) they have every reason to tour at least once more. Ronnie might not be up to the task next year though so the huge question will be are they prepared to bring on another guitarist to help out at this very late stage, only Mick and Keith know what's in their minds, i didn't think they would ever continue without Charlie when he wasn't well etc so you never know with Mick and Keith.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 22:31

keefriffhards
No i think Mick and Keith are taking this to the end, until one of them can no longer perform physically, i thought they might call it a day at the end of this tour but they are just too good to stop.

They still have plenty to offer live and with a new album coming out soon ( i hope ) they have every reason to tour at least once more. Ronnie might not be up to the task next year though so the huge question will be are they prepared to bring on another guitarist to help out at this very late stage, only Mick and Keith know what's in their minds, i didn't think they would ever continue without Charlie when he wasn't well etc so you never know with Mick and Keith.
Waddy Wachtell would be the replacement. It has to be someone who Keith has played with. But I do not think they will do that and just retire

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 16, 2022 22:44

Taylor1
keefriffhards

Waddy Wachtell would be the replacement. It has to be someone who Keith has played with. But I do not think they will do that and just retire

The Rolling Wino's.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2022 23:24

The Pissed Pebbles ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 17, 2022 03:14

the faces of stoned winos in sodom

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2022 03:58

The Expensive Stones

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home