Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 24
Re: Is it time for the Stones to stop rolling?
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 29, 2021 17:00

JumpingKentFlash
I can only state my opinion. Do this US Tour in Charlie’s honour and then maybe a single indoor show in London early next year - After that, call it quits.
The US Tour is unfinished business from last year. They’ll be able to honour CW there.
And then a London show to get a proper ending.

I agree with you now.

Having watched the video footage.

The thrill has gone. Three great men playing their parts well.

But it's not a band now.

A touring ensemble. To honour Charlie - -YES. To continue longer, than London maybe, no.

All Good Things come to an End.

Honourably we pray.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 17:09 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: September 29, 2021 18:46

We forget there are still 2 more living Rolling Stones. 60th anniversary shows or tour with 5 Rolling Stones would be a great farewell.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 29, 2021 19:09

I never forget! 2 of the best.

To me it feels ultimately hollow without the human hear eat at the centre.
And for creative purposes.

But one final hoorah - preferably with all five - YES ( as per Jumping Kentflash).

A week to month of shows. Back to the beginning.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2021 04:17

Witness
Naturalust
Well its good to see so many vintage posters back!

Hope you yourself will remain among them, Naturalust, still posting!

Whoo Hoo Witness! Likewise my friend. Stay on the right side of the lawn.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2021 04:43

Gazza
It's the remaining band members' choice obviously but its also everyone else's choice to agree or disagree with it.

It's over for me, sadly. The comparisons with bands who lost key members and carried on or re-formed isn't realistic as the remaining members were young/middle aged men who had decades more of living and playing ahead of them.

The remaining band members are 78,77 and 74. They're all capable of performing to a high standard but in the near future they probably won't be. The Stones have never until now had a reason to wrap it up as a live act. Yesterday they finally did. This was nature's way of telling them that enough is enough. Better to go out with dignity IMO. It's been an amazing ride. They dont owe any of us anything beyond fulfilling the shows they're scheduled to play later this year - and even then, I dont think anyone could blame them if they cancelled.

The Stones as a 'business' will continue and they dont necessarily have to dissolve the band. There's probably enough material laid down with Charlie to finally finish that long overdue final album and they could polish up more outtakes for some kind of career spanning boxed set to come out in a year or two (the 'fully finished outtakes' set sounds like it could be a template for that) but whilst I can see both sides of the argument regarding going ahead with the upcoming shows, I personally dont believe they should schedule any more after it and I really hope they won't.

Yeah Gazxa, great post from a great poster. I have missed your keen thinking.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 21, 2021 06:31

The boys can still play and excite an audience.

If I hadn't seen them before I might spend big dollars to see them.

For me personally, I wouldn't spend the money to see HTW, SMU, SFM, etc. played live again.

I still follow the setlists and stuff and I love them to death but a live show is over for me.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 21, 2021 10:46

It's the first time in years that I don't follow a tour and got no interest in it.
Charlie's death is the point here.
How could they keep on rockin' that way ?
I'm glad with everything that band bring me and fortunately I will get their legacy for ever.It's part of my life.
$$$$$$$ doesn't explain everything.
I don't think the current tour should have been done, where are the shivers now ?
Do we really need to see them ending like the late Chuck Berry ?
At the rock'n roll hall of fame, PT wished the boys will old gracefully.
It's now or never.

HMN

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: November 21, 2021 12:18

No Charlie No Stones

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 21, 2021 12:20

Daft question.Is it time for the sun to stop shining?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 21, 2021 12:34

Honestman
At the rock'n roll hall of fame, PT wished the boys will old gracefully.

Pete Townshend actually said:
“They epitomize British rock for me. And although they’re all now my friends, I’m still a fan.
Guys, whatever you do, don’t try and grow old gracefully. It wouldn’t suit you.”

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 21, 2021 12:44

z
Time or no time, it's over. Our band is no more.
The Rolling Stones are history.

This didn't age well from page one winking smiley
Your thoughts now Guy ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-21 12:58 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 21, 2021 16:54

To answer your question - NO! I saw three shows in this tour - Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. They were all spectacular. No need to stop now.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 21, 2021 19:37

i think it the bands choice...why not do what make them happy
i think everyone going out to tour..isnt there a jimmy page rumor
zombie.. monkee;;nick mason ect
i think we need a no filter doc...hoping christmas brings more outtakes
crack the vault..you only hit 60 once.in jan i will hit it..long strange
journey. please keep sharing your stone stories

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 21, 2021 20:33

No, of course not. 60th Anniversary shows back in England where it all started at a minimum.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: November 21, 2021 20:39

Just one show in London would not go down well with the rest of the UK. There's no reason not to play at least London, Manchester(or Leeds, or Sheffield) and Glasgow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2021 20:47

Not sure if tours should be in the cards anymore as evidenced on this current one as they're simply running out of gas after only 13 shows, but being as elderly as they are with all the health issues, it's totally understandable
Some fans would still enjoy whatever remnants remain of the band no matter how low the energy or the lack of high standards, but realistically it all seems to be fizzling out. Some can see it and hear it, while others don't.
Maybe a couple of shows here and there would work, but anything beyond that seems alot to ask for near 80 year olds. The 60th anniversary is approaching and hopefully they will do whatever is best for them.

Date: November 21, 2021 21:01

They can do some shows in Europe and anniversary shows in London next year.
Then it's up to them, but they should be conservative with the future. It's best to stop while you are still great.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:02

I'm hoping for a grand finale in London next year. After that it's whatever they can do I guess. I won't put any restrictions on them.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:02

It's also up to them if they do anniversary shows

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:07

I think they over-extended themselves with the number of dates--as small as it is. Quantity eventually effected quality. Less than 10 shows seems the way to go. Not sure if it's financially sound to do such a short tour but it's clear that Keith needs it to be a shorter tour so he can deliver consistently.

Not gonna make a huge deal out of it. Who knows? Perhaps Keith is bummed because they're at the end of the tour rather than the start. Some people say he looks like he's ready to go home--maybe. To me it looks like he's sad to have it end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-21 21:36 by Justin.

Date: November 21, 2021 21:23

Justin
I think they over-extended themselves a bit with the number of dates--as small as it is. Quantity eventually effected quality. Apparently, less than 10 shows is the way to go. Not sure if it's financially sound to do such a short tour but it's clear that Keith needs it to be a shorter tour so he can deliver consistently.

Not gonna make a huge deal out of it. Who knows? Perhaps Keith is bummed because they're at the end of the tour rather than the start. Some people say he looks like he's ready to go home--maybe. To me it looks like he's sad to have it end.

Yes that is possible. And don't forget that we do not know many internal details about what's has been going on that Mick, Keith and Ron know.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:32

jumpingjackflash5
Justin
I think they over-extended themselves a bit with the number of dates--as small as it is. Quantity eventually effected quality. Apparently, less than 10 shows is the way to go. Not sure if it's financially sound to do such a short tour but it's clear that Keith needs it to be a shorter tour so he can deliver consistently.

Yes that is possible. And don't forget that we do not know many internal details about what's has been going on that Mick, Keith and Ron know.

Sure - yes all that needs to be taken into account. Not just what we watch on YouTube recordings. The band has gone through some huge things in the last 6 months. They are at the end of it now and while the music has been an amazing distraction and therapy to get through the hardships up to this point, perhaps the reality of what's hidden underneath the distraction has begun rearing its ugly head recently...They've seemed distracted during the second half of the tour. Can you blame them?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:40

They had an initial thrill of what is possible with Jordan but they've come to realize they're not the Stones anymore

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2021 22:15

Nikkei
They had an initial thrill of what is possible with Jordan but they've come to realize they're not the Stones anymore

Many of the fans are probably realizing the same if they hadn't already.
I'd say they're still the *Stones, but not truly The Rolling Stones anymore - without Charlie, that's not really possible.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2021 22:21

Stones have taken massive whacks over the
last few months ... Charlie .. Ronnie's
health .... other deaths around them that we
know of .. Sarah ... Lee Scratch... brother in law...
Surviving Covid's gloom which we all know about ...then touring...

wish theyd back off the big live shows
bunker down in the studio and work the shit
out of each other .... Jordan can whip them inta
an R&B garage punk drive ... churn out studio stuff ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 22, 2021 00:20

I guess we will never hear a Glimmer Twin convey that it is time to stop rolling now. Maybe as a response to all the times this question has been asked at press conferences?
They will carry on till it's no longer possible to continue. Anyway they will never make a public statement about it. So it seems, anyway.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 22, 2021 00:34

I hope only Another year touring Europe for the 60th with the new studio album with Charlie's part...But I think that they'll continue for other three years at least with a come back in Us (N.Y.C, Chicago, Philly...), and maybe a miscellaneous of Australia/Japan/Argentina or a short last Tour in UK.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 22, 2021 00:41

Stoneage
I guess we will never hear a Glimmer Twin convey that it is time to stop rolling now. Maybe as a response to all the times this question has been asked at press conferences?
They will carry on till it's no longer possible to continue. Anyway they will never make a public statement about it. So it seems, anyway.

Such an approach is what I have wanted all the way. That is, what will in the end be their final concert, we will first discover in hindsight, both when and where. No sentimental declared last concert.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 22, 2021 00:53

Witness
Stoneage

Such an approach is what I have wanted all the way. That is, what will in the end be their final concert, we will first discover in hindsight, both when and where. No sentimental declared last concert.

Exactly.

- Doxa

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 22, 2021 01:35

they have to go out next year. they surely will. they are just playing too well, with drive and focus. it's nice to see mick, keith and woody enjoying themselves. the shows are 100% percent successful and the presentation matches. someone like me can tell charlie's not there, and having the bass and now drums drop out means a hard pass for me. but it's clicking and it's not fair to them to not admit that. it's rough because if this focus had been the standard after 'blue and lonesome' we would have had "Best Stones Evah!" but they've been the "World's Greatest Rock n Roll Band" since the beginning and they have truly earned this time based on the great, historic work that will stand for eons. hopefully next year they are even more self-indulgent.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home