Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What is the Cause of Charlie's death?
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:48

Like many others here on IORR I am sadden to hear of Charlie Watts death. Call it an end of an era or just call it great sadness. Been hearing about Charlie's death and the medical procedure he had 3 weeks ago but i have not read anything about the said surgical procedure or cause of death. Anyone know?

Re: What is the Cause of Charlie's death?
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:25

illyad1960
Like many others here on IORR I am sadden to hear of Charlie Watts death. Call it an end of an era or just call it great sadness. Been hearing about Charlie's death and the medical procedure he had 3 weeks ago but i have not read anything about the said surgical procedure or cause of death. Anyone know?

Call it both.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:38

That information has not been shared with the public. I don’t remember reading anything about an aortic valve replacement. It will come out soon enough.

Date: August 25, 2021 04:42

Whatever the cause may be, let's just take solace in the fact that, tonight, he's jamming with Stu and Brian.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:49

stevecardi
Whatever the cause may be, let's just take solace in the fact that, tonight, he's jamming with Stu and Brian.

And Charlie Parker, and Miles, and Bix....

Date: August 25, 2021 04:55

24FPS
stevecardi

And Charlie Parker, and Miles, and Bix....

Right On!thumbs up

Date: August 25, 2021 04:55

My sources are telling me liver problems

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 25, 2021 05:29

~ Time ~

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 25, 2021 05:47

stevecardi

Amen to that

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 25, 2021 07:51

jon12345
There's been so many articles and tributes today that I can't remember where I read this today, but I believe I read it was complications from aortic valve replacement.

I think that there may be some confusion. Mick had aortic valve replacement surgery in 2019.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:25

drbryant
jon12345
There's been so many articles and tributes today that I can't remember where I read this today, but I believe I read it was complications from aortic valve replacement.

I think that there may be some confusion. Mick had aortic valve replacement surgery in 2019.

I thought maybe that they were confusing things when I read it. Other articles also mentioned that Charlie had heart surgery, which I don't think has been confirmed either. And now I can't find the article after Googling, so I'm guessing they corrected it or took it town. Apologies for starting possible false rumors, I really did read this earlier today somewhere.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:03

That's private.
That's not our business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 10:04 by MAF.

Posted by: igowild ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:22

Does anyone know, if Carlie was vaccinated?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:25

Charlie was to cool for Social Media .... and Charlie is too cool for speculations.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:28

igowild
Does anyone know, if Carlie was vaccinated?

Seriously ?
Please, not here.

Date: August 25, 2021 10:35

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:49

Whether we know or not is up to the family. Respect that. He's left us behind so let's remember him for all the joy and love he has given us.

God speed, Charlie. You will never be forgotten.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 25, 2021 11:45

MAF
That's private.
That's not our business.

Exactly.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: August 25, 2021 14:08

Date: August 25, 2021 14:15

DeeGee

German Rolling Stone wrote about „Cancer of the throat“

"As various sites report, Watts is said to have died of throat cancer - because he had to undergo two operations in the past. However, this is by no means officially confirmed" - [www.RollingStone.de] .

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 14:16

Heart

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 25, 2021 14:45

DeeGee
German Rolling Stone wrote about
„Cancer of the throat“

https://www.rollingstone.de/charlie-watts-fragen-zur-todesursache-des-rolling-stones-drummers-2347917/

If it's true, it means that when the Stones announced they would tour without Charlie, they were expecting the worst.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 25, 2021 17:31

Who knows...it seems unlikely though because that would have been a rather cynical move as it now makes it "easier" to move on. But then they had to know there was a problem when the tour was announced a couple of weeks before that...Based on the comments on CNN it seems this was not expected at all inside the Stones camp.

He was a public person so it's only natural for people to be wondering about it, especially since his cancer had been disclosed in 2004 when there was no obligation to do so. Does anyone remember how that was made public ? Hopefully not by Keith saying as part of the promo for ABB "With Charlie ill, Mick and I realized we had to do it for him" (or something like that)...However it's also the family's right to withhold the information should they want to.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 25, 2021 17:35

Within the UK cause of death is made public as it is stated on a death certificate. When someone dies a qualified doctor has to fill in a form confirming cause of death. If it is not known then a post mortum may be carried out. That doctor’s form is used to register the death in the area where it took place. When registered, which must happen by law within a few weeks, then a death certificate is issued. After a few months these certificates become available on line and anyone can purchase a copy. As well as stating when and where a person died the certificate also gives cause of death (from which it is often possible to work out what illness or disease someone was suffering from) and will also record whether the person registering the death was present at time of death.

Hope this is of interest.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 25, 2021 17:48

I wonder if they knew Charlie was this Ill before yesterday and I wonder if they had time to say goodbye...

I think the cause of death will be made public eventually. Mick's valve surgery and Ronnie's Lung cancer were no secrets either.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 25, 2021 17:53

Like all of us will, Charlie died of life. His was a little more fun than ours.

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: August 25, 2021 17:57

Agree. He had one hell of a run!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 25, 2021 18:06

does anyone know if woody, mick and keith have been in london these last two weeks? did bill see charlie? nobody knew of patti's bladder cancer. they have been good at keeping things behind closed doors. wishing this never happened naturally leads to wanting to know why. i'm sure we'll know in the next month.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 25, 2021 18:08

ribbelchips
I wonder if they knew Charlie was this Ill before yesterday

Yes, that’s what they found out a month ago when it was decided he would not tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 25, 2021 18:12

It's unlikely they thought he would be gone less than 3 weeks after that announcement...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home