Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748
Current Page: 48 of 48
Re: Charlie Watts Dies at 80
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:10

Lady Jayne
steffialicia
Steve is a good drummer no doubt but I miss Charlie all the time. It was more than his talent. He was the perfect foil to the personalities of the others.

I always loved how miserable he was being forced to leave his drums and take a bow during intros - as you say, the perfect foil to the show-boating of the others.

Exactly Lady Jayne.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:44

Irix
Time flies: one year ago, on 5-Aug-2021, the Rolling Stones announced that Charlie will be unavailable for the 2021 US-Tour - [Twitter.com] .

It was terrible news, especially for most who already had purchased tickets to see the Stones with Charlie, but of course the most devastating news was yet to come just a few weeks later........

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: August 5, 2022 17:37

I woke up a year ago today in the US with a text from my daughter in the UK sharing the announcement that Charlie couldn't make the tour. And my immediate response was oh no, this feels like Dusty Hill all over again. Then that changed to hope that maybe he'd make later dates, and then a few weeks later to complete shock...Can't believe it's almost been a year.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:23

I listened to Charlie 2010 on Spotify release today..
Maybe university of miami could do a tribute to Charlie
All out jazz night...
How could I pitch this idea
I believe before Cuba he attended a show at university of miami
I raise my glass to ....CHARLIE

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:43

Every time I see this post reappear in the feed it's like a metaphorical knife to the stomach. Such interesting, disparate individuals came together in the early 60s and exploded with something bigger than themselves as individuals. And it stayed that way for the next thirty years. Now that he's gone I do listen to his drum parts much more intently, just as I listened to Bill's parts after he left. I've watched a few Charlie interviews lately. He marveled at how quickly they took off.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 6, 2022 01:04

We all miss him still.
I noticed in the photos of the three taking their final bows at the end of Berlin, Ronnie was wearing a t shirt with a drawing of Charlie on it. I felt they were still keeping him with them.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 6, 2022 09:15

I’m still not over it, I’m not sure I’ll ever be.
I remember standing at the back of the pit in 19 and everyone was pushing toward the front and I said “ you all know what the Stones look like, how close do you need to be? As long as I can see Charlie fckn Watts I’m good” and a couple of people high five’d me.
I’ll never forget that, I’ll never forget him.

Posted by: jana ()
Date: August 6, 2022 19:32

I spent a good first half of SFM crying after the photo tribute at the beginning of the gig this tour… Man, will we ever forget him? Nope. So I just “coincidentally” started learning how to play the drums… cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748
Current Page: 48 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home