Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 50
Re: Charlie Watts Dies at 80
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:05

Randy Bachman
@RandysVinylTap
·
2m
Rock 'n' Roll has lost one of its greatest drummers ever. Often, I’ve said to many drummers, “Please just play like Charlie Watts!" What a legacy of music he leaves behind. Incredible. Sending peace to loved ones. Rock on in heaven, Charlie! #Rollingstones #rip #CharlieWatts

[twitter.com]

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:07

Let me start by saying I'm not going to send out a message to the grave or beyond as I don't believe the deceased can hear or see us. If you do, that's fine, just my belief.

I will say that I've been blessed to have seen Charlie Watts play the drums...much in the same way that I feel about having seen a legend like Michael Jordan dunk a basketball. Pure greatness that will live on long after us mere mortals are all gone.

Posted by: DrPete ()

The St Louis show will be surreal. We knew he wasn't going to be there but now its just so much worse. So looking forward to seeing what the bands does and says in tribute. Tears already flowing

Posted by: Ricky ()

Really sad

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:08

RIP Charlie.

Per Arne

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:08

Maindefender
I would always get emotional when Charlie was introduced during shows, now I'm just numb. We were so blessed......

What's important is that we all knew it.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:11

Thank you, Charlie. You wewre the beat of my youth and adulthood. The best of them all.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:13

Tonight, while watching Sweet Summer Sun, crying and dancing and grooving along, my thoughts are with you, fellow Rolling Stones Fans. Today we are united in grief.
Love to you all.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:15

Even with all the news regarding Charlie circulating lately, it's still a shock. I have no words just tears. It's painful. My heart goes to Shirley and Seraphina. My thoughts go to Mick, Keith and Ron who might have been in the deepest state of sorrow right now. They've lost the brother. I hope they'd met together one last time before Charlie's gone. I have yet to realize and cope that there's no Charlie anymore.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:17

MisterDDDD
Randy Bachman
@RandysVinylTap
·
2m
Rock 'n' Roll has lost one of its greatest drummers ever. Often, I’ve said to many drummers, “Please just play like Charlie Watts!" What a legacy of music he leaves behind. Incredible. Sending peace to loved ones. Rock on in heaven, Charlie! #Rollingstones #rip #CharlieWatts

[twitter.com]

I love this photo of Charlie with his singer!!
He did more with his very basic drum kit than any of the bombastic drummers with all of their gear. He was a true musician, classy, never wanting the spotlight but was the foundation of the Stones' sound. He is truly irreplaceable.

Thanks, Charlie. I never met you but you were a part of the fabric of my life for over 55 years. RIP Mr. Watts.

Date: August 25, 2021 00:17

Forever Hounds Trust
@ForeverHoundsUK
·
30m
We were deeply saddened to hear the news of the passing of Rolling Stones drummer #CharlieWatts
He and his wife Shirley (our Patron) have adopted many dogs from us over the years, latest being Suzie.
We extend our condolences to Shirley and family at this very difficult time.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:23

I've been away from here a long time. I had to come on to express my sadness and condolences to all of Charlie's family and friends and every fan too.

Devastating news. My alternative email address, when I don't want to give out my real name is Charlie because Charlie is/was my darling.

RIP Wembley Whammer.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for an article but this one from The Guardian says it all

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()

MisterDDDD
Slash
@Slash
·
1h
The countenance of rock n roll is forever changed this day. Devastating loss, RIP #CharlieWatts
[instagram.com]

Lovely words, love the countenance.

Date: August 25, 2021 00:28

Stevie Van Zandt
@StevieVanZandt
·
4h
Oh no! This is terribly shocking. Not just one of greatest drummers in one of the greatest bands of all time, but a gentleman’s gentleman. He singlehandedly brought the Rock world some real class. Rock and Roll will miss him profoundly. We are significantly less without him.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:29

No Charlie, No Stones.

No Doxa.

No anything.

I hate the words 'love' or 'god' for their American nonsense and bullshit use but oh god, I truely loved that man.

- Doxa

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:30

Thank you Charlie Watts. Thank you Rolling Stones.
It was great to grow up in the age of the Rolling Stones.

Sebastian Linnerz, Cologne Germany

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:30

Lady Jayne
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for an article but this one from The Guardian says it all

[www.theguardian.com]

Thanks, that was lovely.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:31

Gutted...crushed...shocked...devastated...so sad. I was concerned when it was announced Charlie would not be part of the upcoming tour but this was unexpected and caught me completely off guard.

Don't know what else to say except that the great man has been an important part of my life for the past 55+ years and I offer my heartfelt condolonces to each and every one of you who are grieving this terrible loss.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:34

RIP Charlie.

Photos by me, 2019-08-05, East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:34

Charlie inspired me to pursue music. Because I saw him in 2006 when I was 17, I went on the pursue a Bachelor of Music in Percussion the following year. I have played for jazz bands, R&B, soul and rock bands since. I became an elementary music teacher where I run a program centered on teaching blues, motown and rock. I play bass drum in the official drumline for the Vancouver Canucks. I have an early 1960s Gretsch round badge in natural maple kit, just like Charlie's (took me my whole life to track that kit down). I play with his signature Vic Firth sticks. My old blues band used to introduce me on stage as the "Surrey Slammer" in homage to "The Wembley Whammer" (I'm from Surrey, Canada). I'm currently on holiday for a week in Amsterdam and there's 2 Charlie Watts t-shirts in my suitcase right now.

My dad passed 7 months ago and now I lost Charlie. Charlie was the biggest influence in my life, I wouldn't be where or who I am today without following his leads. I am besides myself. This is the worst year of my life.

-Jess

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:35

Some wonderful tributes pouring in for Charlie, it really hits home how influential the Stones were to so many and what a key role Charlie played in that. I am absolutely floored by this loss.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:37

"Now he belongs to the ages."

I'm sure Brian, Stu, Bobby and Nicky will be there to greet him as St. Peter opens the gates of Heaven.

The sun is shining bright today. RIP Charlie Watts.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:38

I'm devastated......didn't see this coming.......RIP Charlie and thanks for the joy you give me.

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:38

All the sadness actually is an expression of great happiness that our beloved Charlie was part of all our lives for so long. Thank you so much Charlie Watts!

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:39

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:40

All things must pass. So do we, and so do they. We all knew it.

Nevertheless, I'm devastated, have no words.

Then I am incedibly thankful for the man, too, and his swing he gave to the band and us, for so many, many long years. How incedibly lucky we were and still are - to be fans of Charlie and his band!

This is really hard. Let's stay together as long as possible. And enjoy it.
And I thank you all!!!

Posted by: johnypar ()

extremely sad

Thank you Charlie Watts, thank you

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()

So many loving tributes.

Posted by: ParachuteMan ()

The heart of the world missed a beat today.
I am torn between devastation and an immense gratitude to Charlie Watts for providing the rhythm to much of the soundtrack of my life. It has been a tremendous privilege to see him live on many occasions. I am listening to the Stones as I write this and although I have done this thousands of times before, I am still stunned by what an incredible drummer Charlie Watts is, solid as a rock, infallibly laying the foundation for the band’s unbeatable sound.
Thank you for all you have given us, Charlie, your place in the Pantheon of the greatest musicians of our time is secure!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home