Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 50
Re: THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:12

treaclefingers
hbwriter
treaclefingers
hbwriter
Folks--it's called AN OPINION- you can disagree, no problem. total respect. But to dismiss, insult, belittle etc simply because you think differently- well then F You.

Think of IORR as a "China shop" right now.

What animal is viewed with the most animosity in a China shop?

seriously? some of you are so frail and precious that merely voicing a (heartfelt) opinion about the show going on causes such fervor and hate?

I think you should take a deep breath and stop jumping up and down...that's just my opinion.

if this is your idea of "jumping up and down" then i don't think you've done much jumping up and down. now, if you'd like to address some of the responses....

Re: Charlie Watts Dies at 80
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:13

Rest in Peace, Charlie Watts - Heartbeat of the Rolling Stones.

Thank you for everything you gave us with the Rolling Stones -- your Music and your Drumming Style will live on forever . . . .

sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:13

No. I cannot accept this or find words to express the grief, love and loss. The Stones family is broken. Incomprehensible. I am stunned and numb. My heart is with them and all of us.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:14

Very saddened to hear this. Thanks Charlie!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:15

Oh my! such heartbreaking, gut-wrenching & devastating sad news sad smiley

RIP, Charlie

Posted by: triceratops ()

All I have to say is, "holy cow!". Rest in peace Charlie and don't get offa the clouds up there. UK Daily Mail has many photos and good coverage -- [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 22:16 by triceratops.

Re: Charlie Watts Passes
Posted by: spain73 ()

Thank you for every drum beat and your unique style.

Posted by: dangerous beauty ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:16

RIP Charlie. Thank you for your music. Feels like the end of an era right now. My sympathies to the band, friends and family.

Posted by: Jbargar ()

Rest in Peace Charlie. Last time I saw him was in Denver a couple years back. Thoughts go out to his family and the Stones Organization.

Posted by: TDive25 ()

Oh man… Charlie Watts.
I’m heartbroken.
My condolences to the Watts-family and all his friends.

Posted by: berlinjive ()

What a life, what a legacy... thanks for the memories Charley!

We have the music forever.

Posted by: Bashlets ()

Beyond devastated. My condolences to his family.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:17

He was (is, in the recorded music aspect) the heart of the band. He can't be replaced and the Stones are over.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:17

Current Rolling Stones homepage.

[rollingstones.com]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:21

Rest In Peace,
Mr Charlie Watts

Re: i can t imagine the stones without charlie
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:21

Javadave
Maybe one final tribute concert with special guests Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor at Hyde Park, then one final bow?

daspyknows
Not that my opinion matters, but here it is. Pull the plug on the US tour. Plan a couple of tribute type Stones shows in the UK for 2022 with appearances from Bill and Mick and multiple drummers sort of like the Ginger Baker Tribute. The US tour is jinxed and pushing through it in these times is a mistake.

Yes, final tribute shows and a final bow at Hyde Park.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:22

Absolutely gutted.

A true gentleman and an extraordinary drummer!

Rest in Peace Charlie Watts.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:22

I literally can’t find the words. Absolutely heartbroken.
RIP Charlie. God Bless, and thank you for all the joy you brought every one of us for more than 5 decades.

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:23

So very sad, I cannot begin to express these feelings.

Thanks for a Lifetime, my concert sign said - for the last 20+ years.

Saw him play at the Fillmore with his Jazz group, so sweet.

Looking now at the drumstick we caught from Steel Wheels.

I cannot get a grip to even decide what song i should blare to 11 on a scale of 10.

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:26

Paddy
RIP Charlie, you brought a lot of happiness to so many people in your lifetime.
Sympathy to the Watts family during this time.

To add to what I’ve said.

My favourite Charlie moment was in London Stadium 2018, the Friday night show. During the chorus of satisfaction, Jagger turned the vocals over to the crowd, Charlie was on the big screen and his mouth kinda dropped into an O at the noise the crowd threw back. It was a genuine reaction of wow! Then it changed to a big smile.

Again, RIP to a one off Human

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:26

Have no words just now. Am absolutely gutted and numb.

Date: August 24, 2021 22:27

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:28

I know this will just be another post in this soon to be very long thread. I'm from Germany and 22 years old and the Rolling Stones bought so much joy to my life, with even one concert resulting in me getting together with my first girlfriend.

Those 10 concerts I've been to are all just memories now, and Charlie was part of all of them, one time even one of his sticks hitting my hand, which I sadly didn't get to take home. I'm writing this in tears right now as I was just so excited to see him back in 2022 in Europe and make new amazing meories. This just comes as a shock. I can't put into words what I feel as all those memories go through my head. All those questions about my favourite drummer of all time and my favourite band.

Rest in peace Charlie. You gave my life so much. I will play your music loud tonight.

Posted by: Testify ()

Guys really, let's stick to this bad news, now nobody wants to talk about the tour or the show that has to go on, a minimum of respect!
Thanks Charlie for all you have given us. RIP

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()

Whether or not the band continues after today is going to be up to Mick and Keith. Until they announce that it's over, we can only assume that everything is still on. I don't think that this was a total surprise to them, so I would suppose they've already had that conversation and made their decision to finish the tour dates with Steve.

Either way, it sure seems that the end is in sight. It's hard to imagine them playing any shows beyond any planned for next year's 60th anniversary. Even those will have a shadow over them.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()

Thank you Charlie!!!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:29

Stonesfan2146
I know this will just be another post in this soon to be very long thread. I'm from Germany and 22 years old and the Rolling Stones bought so much joy to my life, with even one concert resulting in me getting together with my first girlfriend.

Those 10 concerts I've been to are all just memories now, and Charlie was part of all of them, one time even one of his sticks hitting my hand, which I sadly didn't get to take home. I'm writing this in tears right now as I was just so excited to see him back in 2022 in Europe and make new amazing meories. This just comes as a shock. I can't put into words what I feel as all those memories go through my head. All those questions about my favourite drummer of all time and my favourite band.

Rest in peace Charlie. You gave my life so much. I will play your music loud tonight.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Ragnbert ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:30

As a Stones fan since 1964 and also a London fan I have visited London at least twenty times. Don't remember exactly the year but in the beginning on the 80's after an evening at a pub I was on my way back to my hotel at Piccadilly Circus (The Rwgent Palace) I met Charlie and his wife Shirley on Shaftesbury avenue. I wanted to go up to him and tell him how much I love the Rolling Stones and also ask for his autograph, BUT I stopped myself from doing that. He had an evening out with his wife and I didn't want to disturb him. I followed them a few minutes and saw that they went to ROnnie Scotts. I went back to my hotel. Though I regret that I didn't ask for an autograph I'm a bit proud of myself that I let him and his wife have a night out without fans disburbing them. Maybe others didn't think the way I did, but he was also a private person not only a Rolling Stone. RIP Charlie.

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:30

At the very end of the Channel 4 (UK)report there was a touching vignette.
No words, just a wink of satisfaction from Keith to Charlie and as Charlie rose from his drum kit, he touched his hand on Keith's shoulder.
In the context of the passion of a concert this was this most tender moment of brothers in arms.
It's so sad that his Charlie's charm is now something for us to remember and cherish but what a memory.
Thank you Charlie, thank you for all the joy.

Posted by: dubclub ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:32

Never met him personally, let alone got to know him.
It's like a stab in the heart and I cry like a little child.

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Charlie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home