Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT RIP Don Everly
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 22, 2021 09:45

RIP Don Everly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 09:48 by peoplewitheyes.

Re: OT RIP Don Everly
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:01

Oh dear .....
Thanks for ALL and I mean ALL you gave ......

SAFE JOURNEY

ROCKMAN

Date: August 22, 2021 10:44

ROCKMAN

Date: August 22, 2021 10:47

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:59

Rest in peace, Don Everly.

Such infectious rock n’ roll and pop. They driving rhythm of Wake Up Little Susie will always thrill.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: August 22, 2021 11:15

Amazing thing is his mother Margaret is 102 years on the 28th August

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 22, 2021 11:17

A couple of years ago I saw Paul Simon, and he brought out Don to sing Bye Bye Love, and I thought "this is the closest I'm ever going to get to hearing the Everly Brothers." So thankful for that experience, yet again. RIP Don.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 22, 2021 12:59

I Was lucky enough to see them at the S&G re-union tour called Old Friends, they did a career hitory with in jokes about spliting up and arguments. At one point they mentioned being influenced by Phil and Don.........then Paul Simom says "Would you please welcome on stage the Everly brothers!!!"

Did a 10 min melody and a couple of songs with S&G, got the double cd that came with a dvd of a show,

Jerry lee really is the last man standing

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 22, 2021 13:41

ukcal

I Was lucky enough to see them at the S&G re-union tour called Old Friends, they did a career hitory with in jokes about spliting up and arguments. At one point they mentioned being influenced by Phil and Don.........then Paul Simom says "Would you please welcome on stage the Everly brothers!!!"

I saw that tour too. 2003 I think it was. I took my wife, who hates the Everly Brothers, hoping it would change her mind about them. It did not. But what a rare treat for me. Simon and Garfunkel and the Everly Brothers onstage, together? Incredible!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 14:24 by tatters.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 22, 2021 14:44

RIP

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2021 15:13

Bye Bye to another original. RIP Don.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 22, 2021 15:28

RIP Don.

Two of the most heavenly voices have been reunited for eternity.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:03

pjb
Amazing thing is his mother Margaret is 102 years on the 28th August

That is amazing.
They started off as youths as part of The Everly Family, with their mother Margaret and father Ike Everly.
RIP

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:19

RIP Don - “Bird - Dog”

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:19

RIP Don, and thank you.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:39

RIP and thank you for the wonderful music

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:53

My wife and I saw the Everly Brothers many times in the 80's and 90's in venues of various shapes and sizes. Always a great show.

The last time was at that Simon & Garfunkel reunion. Brilliant move on S&G's part. Deflect the inevitable observation of being old by bringing out an act that's even older...

RIP Don

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 22, 2021 17:13

Many times I have watched the clip of them singing Let It Be Me in a reunion show at Royal Albert Hall. It is heavenly and moves me every time. I also saw them at the Simon and Garfunkel show in Seattle in 2003. What a great moment.

RIP Don. Thanks for all the wonderful music.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: August 22, 2021 17:47

RIP Don

The Everley Brothers were an inspiration to so many artists and singers including Mick and Keith, they were like the singers that singers looked to for inspiration, personally their Royal Albert Hall reunion concert was their finest hour, i played that thing on VCR until i wore it out, just magnificent and Don was a brilliant guitarist and writer too, will miss him for sure.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:04

He and his brother brought much great music to our world. Like I noted elsewhere here, their "Wake Up Little Susie", on 45 rpm, was the first record I ever bought. A number of their songs are part of my permanent listening mix. There's much to be discovered from all of the albums they recorded. Here's one where they cover Dire Straights "Why Worry". RIP, Don.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:11

tatters
ukcal

I saw that tour too. 2003 I think it was. I took my wife, who hates the Everly Brothers, hoping it would change her mind about them. It did not. But what a rare treat for me. Simon and Garfunkel and the Everly Brothers onstage, together? Incredible!

[www.youtube.com]

Also, saw them down in Sunrise, Fl (12/18/2003) - one of my favorite concerts over the years. Have the S/G Old Friends DVD - Live On Stage.

Everly's played:

Wake Up Little Susie
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Bye Bye Love (with S/G)

RIP Don

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:37

Lennon and McCartney were heavily influenced by their vocals. Love Me Do was a rip off of the Everly Brothers Bye Bye Love

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:42

2000 LYFH
tatters
ukcal

[www.youtube.com]

Also, saw them down in Sunrise, Fl (12/18/2003) - one of my favorite concerts over the years. Have the S/G Old Friends DVD - Live On Stage.

Everly's played:

Wake Up Little Susie
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Bye Bye Love (with S/G)

RIP Don

They also did "Let It Be Me." It's surprising to me that S&G would take them on the road for an entire tour, just to do a four-song guest spot in the middle of the show. Seems more like something that would normally be done just once, and as an unannounced surprise. I'm glad they did it the way they did it, though. Gave a lot of people the opportunity to witness something really special, and hey, the Stones took Mick Taylor on an entire tour not so long ago to do a whole lot less.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:53

Such beautiful voices. RIP to Don Everly.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:01

Nice to see these heartfelt tributes to The Everlys. A lump in the throat going through all these videos- an era passing away very quickly now. God bless Don and Phil.

From Newsweek- Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards has previously called Don Everly "one of the best rhythm guitar players I've ever heard."

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 19:14 by roryfaninva.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:12

Sad...story from Variety:

Don Everly, Who Set the Standard for Pop Harmony as Half of the Everly Brothers, Dies at 84

> RIP Don Everly

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:42

Awesome...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 22, 2021 20:12

roryfaninva
Awesome...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith was a big fan of their "Roots" album from '68, which was a welcome return to their original sound.

I just found this clip of them doing "Bowling Green" on the Ed Sullivan show around that time. This live take is 100% better than the 1967 soft-rock recorded version, which found them trying to stay current in the worst possible way. Here they redeem the song and rock it Everly style...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: August 22, 2021 21:13

RIP

Enjoyed watching you in Hyde Park in 2003, great memory!

Date: August 22, 2021 22:15

When Will I Be Loved...

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home