Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:24

War On Drugs cancelled their Canadian shows.
And Elton had to postpone the 2 Toronto arena shows, again. Strangely, they were postponed from February to March when our restrictions still won't be fully lifted yet. Not sure what will happen. Canada is not very concert friendly right now.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:36

Zero tour postponed. Was supposed to see them at the Fillmore in SF next week.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 28, 2022 13:20

Dalgtor
And Elton had to postpone the 2 Toronto arena shows, again. Strangely, they were postponed from February to March when our restrictions still won't be fully lifted yet. Not sure what will happen. Canada is not very concert friendly right now.

The War on Drugs also dropped opening acts from the whole tour to decrease the size of the travelling bubble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-28 13:20 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 28, 2022 21:02

Wow, hadn't heard of bands doing that. Might be a good idea.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 28, 2022 22:16

Coldplay postponed early dates of tour

[www.coldplay.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 28, 2022 22:59

Shawn Mendes has postponed UK/EU tour to 2023:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 28, 2022 23:17

crholmstrom
Dalgtor

The War on Drugs also dropped opening acts from the whole tour to decrease the size of the travelling bubble.

How does that work, given that the opening bands usually don't travel with the headliners, on bigger tours anyway? Were they all travelling together on this tour, for bubble purposes? I would also have thought that they could recruit local bands to open at each stop, but maybe that's too much of a hassle.

Date: January 28, 2022 23:38

Various reports that Adele's postponed Vegas residency was not COVID related as claimed.

[www.reviewjournal.com]

[variety.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 29, 2022 00:03

daspyknows
Coldplay postponed early dates of tour

[www.coldplay.com]

Doesn't seem to be Covid related, though. They are also going to be starting their tour in March in Costa Rica, and so far that seems to be going ahead.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 29, 2022 00:25

Aquamarine
crholmstrom
Dalgtor

How does that work, given that the opening bands usually don't travel with the headliners, on bigger tours anyway? Were they all travelling together on this tour, for bubble purposes? I would also have thought that they could recruit local bands to open at each stop, but maybe that's too much of a hassle.

Actually, I don't really mind. It's getting very hard for me to go to shows & under current conditions very painful. I'm still trying but that could easily come to a screeching halt. A shorter show isn't a bad thing always.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 30, 2022 01:40

crholmstrom
Aquamarine
crholmstrom
Dalgtor

Actually, I don't really mind. It's getting very hard for me to go to shows & under current conditions very painful. I'm still trying but that could easily come to a screeching halt. A shorter show isn't a bad thing always.

Oh no, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just wondering in what sense it decreased the bubble. Glad you're still able to get out to shows, long may it last!

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 30, 2022 07:12

Supposedly Kanye will be playing stadium shows in Australia in March, provided he is fully vaccinated. This seems to go against everything happening in Austrlaia right now. Aren't there capacity restrictions, closed borders, quarantine times, etc?

Nothing is announced yet, but this article makes it seem like it's certain that he will play Melbourne's Marvel Stadium on March 12
[www.foxsports.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 07:15 by podiumboy.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 30, 2022 13:01

Most of the restrictions have been removed. There is variation state by state (which makes it all a little difficult to follow) but for international travellers:

Modified quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers
Modified quarantine measures may apply if you’re fully vaccinated against COVID-19, depending on the state or territory you arrive in.

If you’re planning to travel on domestically to another state or territory after arrival, check their entry and quarantine requirements. You may not be able to enter or may be required to quarantine, regardless of your vaccination status.

Proof of vaccination
You need to provide evidence of your vaccination status for modified quarantine measures to apply to you.

If you got vaccinated in Australia, you can use your International COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
If you got vaccinated overseas and haven’t registered your vaccinations in the Australian Vaccination Register (AIR), you can use a foreign vaccination certificate. The certificate must meet certain requirements to be accepted. To use your foreign certificate at the Australian border, you must complete the Australia Travel Declaration with your vaccination status before you check in at the airport.

I don't think there are capacity limits anymore at events.

I am in Queensland and COVID was supposed to have peaked here this weekend.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 31, 2022 20:37

Aerosmith just cancelled their entire European tour.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2022 20:44

BowieStone
Aerosmith just cancelled their entire European tour.

What?!? I didn't even know they were going on tour! Last I knew they just... disappeared!

The Cult are doing a few shows in the US prior to the Alice Cooper UK tour in April. So far the Mississippi date is on. I hope it sticks, I need to get my head cleared.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 31, 2022 21:02

podiumboy
Supposedly Kanye will be playing stadium shows in Australia in March, provided he is fully vaccinated. This seems to go against everything happening in Austrlaia right now. Aren't there capacity restrictions, closed borders, quarantine times, etc?

Nothing is announced yet, but this article makes it seem like it's certain that he will play Melbourne's Marvel Stadium on March 12
[www.foxsports.com.au]

Probably not if he isn't vaccinated, which he isn't. We all saw what happened to Djokovic in Australia.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 31, 2022 21:09

The Aerosmith tour was originally supposed to happen in 2020. It got rescheduled twice. And yeah, now cancelled, just got the e-mail about the Krakow show.

Bummer, but what are you gonna do. Now let's see what happens with Pearl Jam (I originally had Aerosmith and them lined up back-to-back in Krakow)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-31 21:16 by Topi.

Date: January 31, 2022 22:03

Such a disappointment to get those emails today. Had tix for Lisbon and Madrid, since their original 2020 dates. I don't think things look bright for them. Troubles with Joey Kramer's drumming, Brad Whitford has expressed his indifference with the band even continuing. Time is running out for them. They do still have their 50th anniversary show scheduled at Fenway Park in Boston in Sept., carried over from a few years ago. Maybe they will try to build a tour around that.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 31, 2022 23:55

Topi
The Aerosmith tour was originally supposed to happen in 2020. It got rescheduled twice. And yeah, now cancelled, just got the e-mail about the Krakow show.

Bummer, but what are you gonna do. Now let's see what happens with Pearl Jam (I originally had Aerosmith and them lined up back-to-back in Krakow)

Ah man me too (but Budapest) hopefully pj will stiLl do Hyde park dates

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2022 06:50

Yeah, I think I can change (not refund) my Krakow flights free of charge up until Feb 28. So, it "would be nice" to know if the Pearl Jam show will go ahead or not. Of course the pandemic is still a very big elephant in the room here.

If both concerts get cancelled, I guess we'll just make it a few days trip to Krakow. I don't think the airline lets us change the destination, just the dates on the flights.

Date: February 1, 2022 19:21

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: February 1, 2022 19:31

Lionel Richie has also postponed his EU Tour.

“As Covid and its variants continue to impact the world, I have decided to hold off on my European tour this summer. The most important thing to me is the health of my fans, band and crew. “I hope you all understand and I hope to see you very soon when we can all gather safely. Please visit individual festival/event websites for further information and details on how to collect refunds”.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 1, 2022 20:43

This thread is now closed. For details please see the last post I made on the corona virus thread.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home