Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 4, 2022 23:53

Bruce Springsteen's summer stadium tour of Europe is rumored to be postponed until 2023. It was supposed to be announced at the end of November and go onsale in December.

Other acts like Guns'n'Roses, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran have stadium tours already booked with sold out dates all over Europe. Pretty unlikely those will go ahead as well.

Like I said earlier, anything outside of the US and the UK is iffy for 2022.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 5, 2022 01:47

The Light Of Day Foundation's annual Winterfest, which often features "surprise" guest Bruce Springsteen, has been postponed:

With health & safety remaining our top priority, the LOD Foundation has postponed WinterFest 2022 shows & events scheduled for Jan. 7-17. Bob's Birthday Bash "The Main Event" scheduled for Jan. 14 at the Count Basie Center in Red Bank NJ will now take place on Sat, Mar 12, 2022.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: January 5, 2022 02:34

According to all the articles I have read, Omicron will hit hard now and will drop fast. Summer should be fine. If we don’t get additional surprises.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 6, 2022 03:21

STRFKR at Novo postponed (not sure about whole tour)

Motion City Soundtrack tour postponed.

Guerilla Teens LA debut at the Redwood Jan 22 postponed

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 6, 2022 08:03

John Mayer of Dead and Company tested positive for covid and has had to drop out of their weekend shows in Mexico. They are going ahead without him and their drummer Bill Kreutzman, out for health reasons.

Date: January 6, 2022 15:55

The Widespread Panic concerts scheduled for January 13-17, 2022 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City have been rescheduled for July 21-25, 2022.

[twitter.com]

Date: January 6, 2022 15:57

“Nothing is more important to me than the safety and well-being of my band, crew, and the fans; so due to unfortunate COVID-related circumstances, we made the decision to reschedule the January 14th concert at MSG.” - Billy Joel
More info: [www.billyjoel.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 7, 2022 01:20

Halup
John Mayer of Dead and Company tested positive for covid and has had to drop out of their weekend shows in Mexico. They are going ahead without him and their drummer Bill Kreutzman, out for health reasons.

update...
"With much sadness and after great consideration of every possible scenario, the Playing in the Sand shows in Riviera Cancun on January 7-10 and January 13-16 have now been canceled by CID Presents due to the spiking COVID-19 cases," the band wrote in a statement. "Dead & Company and CID Presents tried everything possible to bring normalcy and to deliver a great experience and amazing music, but with each day it became increasingly clear that canceling is the correct thing to do for the fans and for our crew. Please refer to the Playing in the Sand email that will be sent shortly with all details about refunds. See you soon, hug your loved ones, stay safe and be kind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-07 01:21 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2022 08:25

Tucson Jazz Festival postpones two headliners

Omicron

Two shows for the 2022 Tucson Jazz Festival have been postponed, organizers announced Tuesday, Jan. 4.

Headliner Jon Batiste is postponing his concert, originally scheduled for Jan. 21 at Centennial Hall, due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Herb Alpert has also had to postpone his concert. Organizers say they’re working with both artists to reschedule their concerts at a later date. “We realize that due to the Omicron virus this is a fluid situation and that further changes in the festival schedule may be necessary”, Khris Dodge, the festival’s executive director, was quoted as saying in a news release. “We will keep the public informed of any further changes.”

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 7, 2022 18:29

Hairball
Tucson Jazz Festival postpones two headliners

Omicron

Two shows for the 2022 Tucson Jazz Festival have been postponed, organizers announced Tuesday, Jan. 4.

Headliner Jon Batiste is postponing his concert, originally scheduled for Jan. 21 at Centennial Hall, due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Herb Alpert has also had to postpone his concert. Organizers say they’re working with both artists to reschedule their concerts at a later date. “We realize that due to the Omicron virus this is a fluid situation and that further changes in the festival schedule may be necessary”, Khris Dodge, the festival’s executive director, was quoted as saying in a news release. “We will keep the public informed of any further changes.”

I have 1st row tix to see Alpert in Vancouver in April. It's been postponed 3 times since 2020. Crossing my fingers.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: January 7, 2022 18:52

Poi Dog Pondering cancelled 5 nightly shows the week of New Year. A Stones tribute band this week and Samantha Fish next week were my plans to start this year. All missed for COVID. Though the last two are because of my positive test results. My 4 kids, wife and many relatives all positive currently. Fortunately after 3 jabs no real sickness amongst our dozen plus extended family members currently infected.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: January 8, 2022 08:13

2120Joe
Poi Dog Pondering cancelled 5 nightly shows the week of New Year. A Stones tribute band this week and Samantha Fish next week were my plans to start this year. All missed for COVID. Though the last two are because of my positive test results. My 4 kids, wife and many relatives all positive currently. Fortunately after 3 jabs no real sickness amongst our dozen plus extended family members currently infected.

How cool to cross paths with another Poi fan on here! Their unique energy never seizes to amaze me. I've seen The Stones a lot... every tour since
'81 multiple shows and have seen Poi at least 4/X that amount.

Samantha Fish is a tough one to miss a!so.... she puts on an amazing show and is super down-to-earth with a lot of bluesy roots.

I have tix for Buddy Guy and Billy Branch tomorrow and am bowing out... playing it safe for all even though we were celebrating my 65th. If anyone is looking to go to the show, they refunded my tix tonight and the seats are now available on the Legends ticket site, section 103, right next to the stage.

Healing thoughts sent to you and your family!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-08 08:14 by wineaux.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 8, 2022 11:38

Rina Sawayama cancelled her European Tour.
I was really looking forward to that.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 8, 2022 13:02

If I only knew half of the bands/artists mentioned in this thread. winking smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 8, 2022 13:12

Topi
If I only knew half of the bands/artists mentioned in this thread. winking smiley

As a wise man once said "what a drag it is getting old". winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2022 13:29

Topi

Topi, to make ignorance more international phenomenon, you could start listing the Finnish artists canceling... winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: January 8, 2022 17:18

Doxa
Topi

Topi, to make ignorance more international phenomenon, you could start listing the Finnish artists canceling... winking smiley

- Doxa

you try that, and you two are Finnished.

Date: January 8, 2022 19:30

Who Let the Dogs In? Covid-Sniffing Canines Are Helping Keep Metallica, Eric Church on the Road

Some tours are using specially trained dogs to detect the virus before a show needs to be canceled. The dogs are even adapting to Omicron

By David Browne
January 7, 2022

Ohio-based company Bio-Detection K9 provides Covid-sniffing dogs to artists on tour. This German Shepherd worked Eric Church's
Gather Again Tour. / Anthony D’Angio*

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: January 8, 2022 19:48

bye bye johnny
Who Let the Dogs In? Covid-Sniffing Canines Are Helping Keep Metallica, Eric Church on the Road

Some tours are using specially trained dogs to detect the virus before a show needs to be canceled. The dogs are even adapting to Omicron

By David Browne
January 7, 2022

Ohio-based company Bio-Detection K9 provides Covid-sniffing dogs to artists on tour. This German Shepherd worked Eric Church's
Gather Again Tour. / Anthony D’Angio*

[www.rollingstone.com]

Kind of puts a new twist on "obey your master~!".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 8, 2022 20:08

Instead of using antiperspirant, the antivaxxers will start using antivirus spray to avoid detection.

Date: January 8, 2022 21:55

Hairball
Instead of using antiperspirant, the antivaxxers will start using antivirus spray to avoid detection.

They use anti perspirant? confused smiley

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: January 8, 2022 22:27

Covid sniffing dogs.. ok, now it's complete madnessconfused smiley

Date: January 9, 2022 01:13

calipachangero

I mean if it actually works, madness or sheer brilliance?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 9, 2022 02:02

treaclefingers
calipachangero

I mean if it actually works, madness or sheer brilliance?

They better not confuse the covid sniffing dog with the bomb sniffing dog.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: January 9, 2022 09:41

Wolf Alice has postponed their 18-date U.K. tour that was scheduled for this month. 17 of the 18 shows were sold out.

As of right now they haven't pulled the plug yet on their Feb-March continental Europe tour dates.

(Grateful I got to see them Nov 15 & 16 in DC. Those shows and almost the entire U.S. tour was also sold out.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 13, 2022 02:58

Baroness postponed (cancelled Nashville and Tucson) their tour today.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 15, 2022 19:40

Violent Vickie performing a live score for "The Wicked Darling" was canceled last night.

The entire Celine Dion and Brockhampton tours were also canceled.

Date: January 15, 2022 20:29

Big controversy going on in regards to the Wilco expensive Mexico shows. They are still happening but a lot of people want to get out of it. The promoter is pulling a caveat emptor trip.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 15, 2022 21:21

crholmstrom
Big controversy going on in regards to the Wilco expensive Mexico shows. They are still happening but a lot of people want to get out of it. The promoter is pulling a caveat emptor trip.

The (quite awesome) band My Morning Jacket is still promoting a long weekend of shows on the Riviera Maya, (March, I think?) after having just cancelled NY Eve shows in DEnver.

Date: January 15, 2022 23:28

DEmerson
crholmstrom

The (quite awesome) band My Morning Jacket is still promoting a long weekend of shows on the Riviera Maya, (March, I think?) after having just cancelled NY Eve shows in DEnver.

Ya. MMJ are moving up the favorite band list quick. Saw them in October & they were amazing. I'd seen them before but this was magical. I can't do the destination shows. Way too rich for my blood. I have rocked....haha

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home