Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:30

Feel bad for Genesis and Primus fans....keeping fingers crossed the Stones can get to the finish line of this tour unscathed...still a ways to go...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 9, 2021 04:31

Please stick to the topic here.
It is saying "OTHER BANDS AND ACTS".
This is NOT the place to discuss Stones touring.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 31, 2021 14:40

Jon Bon Jovi tests positive for COVID-19, cancels Halloween concert in Miami Beach

by Chris Jordan
October 31, 2021

[www.app.com]

Date: October 31, 2021 14:45

Bryan Adams Tests Positive for COVID-19, Pulls Out of Tina Turner Tribute at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

By Michelle Amabile Angermiller
October 30, 2021

[variety.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 15, 2021 07:37

My first postponement in awhile. Allman Family Revival tour postponed due to positive cases in touring party.

[jambands.com]

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 15, 2021 13:15

Faith no More 2022 dates cancelled - lead singer’s existing mental health challenges exacerbated by the pandemic. Get well soon Mike, will miss seeing the band in Manchester in June

[www.kerrang.com]

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: December 15, 2021 17:51

I wouldn’t buy tickets for any event outside of the US for 2022.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 15, 2021 19:57

podiumboy

Ya, doesn't seem like a good idea right now. Watching the news regarding NBA & NFL players going down & it is escalating rapidly. I don't know how good an idea attending large events right now is. I went to a few concerts in October that had mask mandates. Problem is the loophole that you don't have to wear mask when eating & drinking. I saw plenty of people who just kept a wine or beer glass filled & near them for the whole show.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 16, 2021 17:31

crholmstrom
podiumboy

Ya, doesn't seem like a good idea right now. Watching the news regarding NBA & NFL players going down & it is escalating rapidly. I don't know how good an idea attending large events right now is. I went to a few concerts in October that had mask mandates. Problem is the loophole that you don't have to wear mask when eating & drinking. I saw plenty of people who just kept a wine or beer glass filled & near them for the whole show.

My Manchester Faith No More ticket was actually bought pre-pandemic. It was an australian bushfire benefit show, it's been in the offing THAT long. But yep won't be buying any more tickets just now (not when i have pearl jam, green day, aerosmith, alanis morisette, bon iver and others all pencilled in as rescheduled shows in 2022)

Date: December 16, 2021 21:12

Message from THE CHARLATANS (UK)

Tour postponed

In light of the current, rapidly evolving situation regarding the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 and the advice from the Chief Medical Officer not to "mix with people you don't have to" we feel it is unfair for our audience to have to choose between exposure to the virus or to avoid the show. We are also aware with every extra day, the band and crew are further exposed so have decided it is in the best interests of all to postpone.

Details of rescheduled dates will follow as soon as availability is confirmed.

The Charlatans
The postponed dates are:

December 2021
16 - Nottingham, Rock City
17 - Leeds, O2 Academy
18 - Glasgow, O2 Academy
20 - Aberdeen, Music Hall
21 - Edinburgh Corn Exchange

Sending love to all our fans in Nottingham, Leeds and Scotland. We’ll be back x x

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 18, 2021 08:08

Bryan Adams just cancelled his New Years eve concert in Vancouver because it was just announced today that all sporting events/concerts with over 1000 people can only be 50% capacity in BC.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2021 21:44

The Stones timing was amazing...somehow they squeezed into a window of opportunity this fall. There's no way they'd be playing now.

Date: December 19, 2021 01:33

treaclefingers
The Stones timing was amazing...somehow they squeezed into a window of opportunity this fall. There's no way they'd be playing now.

I doubt capacity limitations are coming back to the US, that horse is out of the barn. Mask mandates and vaccine mandates are the only tools the US will use anymore. I am fully vaccinated, and therefore I consider myself free to live my life as I see fit and do whatever the hell I want. If a place tells me to wear a mask, I will, no big deal.

Date: December 19, 2021 02:36

SNL cancelled the live audience for tonight, but the show will go on with Paul Rudd as host, and with a limited cast and crew.
Musical guest Charli XCX has cancelled her appearance.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 19, 2021 23:09

LCD Sound System just cancelled the rest of their residency in Brooklyn.

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

Date: December 20, 2021 00:06

[twitter.com]

--

Miami Jingle Ball Canceled Due to Covid-19 Concerns

By Michele Amabile Angermiller
December 19, 2021

[variety.com]

Date: December 20, 2021 01:04

Not a cancellation, but Brian May posted he and his wife both just had covid. He's grateful that he's fully vaxxed or things could have been a lot worse.

Date: December 20, 2021 01:43

From Brian May:

Yep. The shocking day finally came for me. The dreaded double red line. And yes - definitely NO sympathy please - it has been a truly horrible few days, but I’m OK. And I will tell the tale. PLEASE take extra care out there, good folks. This thing is incredibly transmissible. You really do NOT want it messing up YOUR Christmas. With love - Bri

[www.instagram.com]

Date: December 20, 2021 01:53

podiumboy
treaclefingers

I doubt capacity limitations are coming back to the US, that horse is out of the barn. Mask mandates and vaccine mandates are the only tools the US will use anymore. I am fully vaccinated, and therefore I consider myself free to live my life as I see fit and do whatever the hell I want. If a place tells me to wear a mask, I will, no big deal.

I'm just saying I think the Stones would have pulled the plug themselves. It's one thing to organize a tour in the middle of a pandemic, when things look like they're getting under control, but when the world is going back into lock down and the trendline is straight up you don't plan a tour of the americas.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 20, 2021 06:24

Zebulon in Los Angeles is closing early for the holidays canceling the El Vez Christmas show tonight

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 20, 2021 08:43

bye bye johnny
From Brian May:

Yep. The shocking day finally came for me. The dreaded double red line. And yes - definitely NO sympathy please - it has been a truly horrible few days, but I’m OK. And I will tell the tale. PLEASE take extra care out there, good folks. This thing is incredibly transmissible. You really do NOT want it messing up YOUR Christmas. With love - Bri

[www.instagram.com]

I love that people are saying what's that, is he pregnant or something, etc.--because, facetiousness aside, most of us here in the US have never seen those tests and don't know what the image means. Because we can't (but should) get fistfuls of them for free, like other countries can. Get well soon, Brian.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2021 08:48

Aquamarine
bye bye johnny
From Brian May:

[www.instagram.com]

I love that people are saying what's that, is he pregnant or something, etc.--because, facetiousness aside, most of us here in the US have never seen those tests and don't know what the image means. Because we can't (but should) get fistfuls of them for free, like other countries can. Get well soon, Brian.

What do you mean "for free" like "other countries"?

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: December 20, 2021 12:44

They're free in the UK. In Scotland we're now asked to use them before any social activity.

Date: December 21, 2021 01:04

Just read that L.A. band X had to cancel show last night.

From the band:

Sorry San Diego. Out of an abundance of caution, we have postponed our show tonight due to a crew member testing positive for COVID.
Thank you Belly Up for your support and quick action today. We will reschedule in 2022. Be kind and be safe. ~X~

Date: December 21, 2021 01:30

Not another act, but both NHL and NBA are postponing a lot of games right now. Canada won't be sending a team to the Spengler Cup hockey tournament in Switzerland over the holidays and right now it's doubtful whether or not NHL players will participate in the Olympics coming up.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2021 01:38

Batten the hatches .... Troubles a comin ..... ya can just feel it

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2021 01:43

Mayor of NYC said he doesn't want to cancel events, because of the city's high vaccination rate. He encouraged people to wear masks at tonight's Billy Joel concert at MSG, and all other events. I think that's 100% the correct course of action to take. Require vaccination, recommend masks, and let the events continue as planned.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 21, 2021 02:08

Hairball
Just read that L.A. band X had to cancel show last night.

From the band:

Sorry San Diego. Out of an abundance of caution, we have postponed our show tonight due to a crew member testing positive for COVID.
Thank you Belly Up for your support and quick action today. We will reschedule in 2022. Be kind and be safe. ~X~

Just saw them last week in SF.

Date: December 21, 2021 03:03

Rockman
Batten the hatches .... Troubles a comin ..... ya can just feel it

yeah, this is already ugly.

only hope at this point is that the new strain turns out to be more benign, and yet another new strain doesn't evolve in the meantime which is again worse.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: December 21, 2021 03:38

treaclefingers

... I'm just saying I think the Stones would have pulled the plug themselves. It's one thing to organize a tour in the middle of a pandemic, when things look like they're getting under control, but when the world is going back into lock down and the trendline is straight up you don't plan a tour of the americas.

Yep. In a combination of patient, careful yet nervey planning, discipline on the road, and pure luck, they fit the postponed U.S. leg right into the only brief window in which they had any realistic chance of getting in 13 stadium shows + 1 uninterrupted during 2021.

Cheers to them!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home