Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 10, 2021 00:29

BFR
Harry Styles is currently touring in the U.S. to sold out arenas and so far no problems. He requires proof of Covid vaccine or negative test prior to entry and masks are required for the audience at all times.

No problems? Between all the fake vaccine cards and people not wearing masks it is safety theater. I attended a show last week where masks required for entry. Once inside maybe 1/3 of the crowd actually wore the mask covering their nose and mouth. The issue I am referring to involves the traveling crew. Many of the acts postponing dates have been doing the same.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 10, 2021 00:34

daspyknows
BFR
Harry Styles is currently touring in the U.S. to sold out arenas and so far no problems. He requires proof of Covid vaccine or negative test prior to entry and masks are required for the audience at all times.

No problems? Between all the fake vaccine cards and people not wearing masks it is safety theater. I attended a show last week where masks required for entry. Once inside maybe 1/3 of the crowd actually wore the mask covering their nose and mouth. The issue I am referring to involves the traveling crew. Many of the acts postponing dates have been doing the same.

No problems as in no one in the band/crew has tested positive yet, thus no shows have been canceled so far. I’m sure you’re correct about fake vaccine cards and people not wearing masks properly. I appreciate Harry and other artists like Jason Isbell making a strong statement by requiring vaccines/negative tests, masks, etc. You can’t make people do right, but you can do your best to try and keep your fans and crew safe so that events can resume.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2021 02:17

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
Most bands are cancelling or postponing shows due to COVID-19.

The Rolling Stones are adding dates.

Bad ass rock'n'roll or crazy?

Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap!

Date: September 10, 2021 03:10

Good for him

Patton Oswalt cancels shows in Florida and Utah, saying venues would not comply with his Covid-19 safety protocols

[www.cnn.com]

(CNN)Comedian Patton Oswalt has canceled multiple shows in Florida and Utah after venues refused to require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test for entry.

Requests to follow such Covid-19 protocols have become increasingly common in the last few months, as venues have reopened to touring musicians and comedians. Chelsea Handler, another comedian going on tour this year, has required a negative test or proof of vaccination for attendees, as did music festival Lollapalooza and bands like Phish.
Oswalt intended to do the same, he said in a video posted to Instagram last week. But his venues in Florida, where he was set to perform in three cities, and his venue in Salt Lake City refused to comply. Those dates, he announced, are now canceled.
"This difficult decision was made due to the rising number of Covid cases," Oswalt said. "And also because I have an ego but my ego is not big enough to think that people should die to hear my stupid comedy."
The other dates on Oswalt's tour are still planned. CNN reached out to representatives for Oswalt for further comment, but did not receive a response.
In Florida, businesses are not legally allowed to request proof of vaccination, a move made by Gov. Ron DeSantis in April. (Venues in the state did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.) In Utah, Oswalt was scheduled to appear at Kingsbury Hall on the campus of the University of Utah, and while the school requires vaccinations for students, a spokesperson confirmed to CNN that it "cannot extend that to patrons at campus venues for experiences presented by the University of Utah."
"However, outside rentals (like Live Nation) may make their own safety protocols. Unfortunately, Oswalt's team had already made the decision to cancel the January show prior to this clarification, but we're looking forward to rescheduling with him in the future," the spokesperson said in a statement.
Oswalt's decision drew some criticism, notably from GOP Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, where Oswalt has multiple shows scheduled. In response to the canceled shows in Utah and Florida, Cruz wrote on Twitter, "Both of his fans were disappointed."
Across the US, Covid-19 cases have been spiking, largely driven by the large swaths of unvaccinated Americans. The Delta variant, at least twice as contagious as the original virus, has also contributed to the rise in cases. Since July, hospitalizations from Covid-19 have been steadily rising, too, with nearly 30% of all hospitalizations occurring in Florida and Texas.

Date: September 10, 2021 03:28

daspyknows
Good for him

Patton Oswalt cancels shows in Florida and Utah, saying venues would not comply with his Covid-19 safety protocols

[www.cnn.com]

(CNN)Comedian Patton Oswalt has canceled multiple shows in Florida and Utah after venues refused to require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test for entry.

Requests to follow such Covid-19 protocols have become increasingly common in the last few months, as venues have reopened to touring musicians and comedians. Chelsea Handler, another comedian going on tour this year, has required a negative test or proof of vaccination for attendees, as did music festival Lollapalooza and bands like Phish.
Oswalt intended to do the same, he said in a video posted to Instagram last week. But his venues in Florida, where he was set to perform in three cities, and his venue in Salt Lake City refused to comply. Those dates, he announced, are now canceled.
"This difficult decision was made due to the rising number of Covid cases," Oswalt said. "And also because I have an ego but my ego is not big enough to think that people should die to hear my stupid comedy."
The other dates on Oswalt's tour are still planned. CNN reached out to representatives for Oswalt for further comment, but did not receive a response.
In Florida, businesses are not legally allowed to request proof of vaccination, a move made by Gov. Ron DeSantis in April. (Venues in the state did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.) In Utah, Oswalt was scheduled to appear at Kingsbury Hall on the campus of the University of Utah, and while the school requires vaccinations for students, a spokesperson confirmed to CNN that it "cannot extend that to patrons at campus venues for experiences presented by the University of Utah."
"However, outside rentals (like Live Nation) may make their own safety protocols. Unfortunately, Oswalt's team had already made the decision to cancel the January show prior to this clarification, but we're looking forward to rescheduling with him in the future," the spokesperson said in a statement.
Oswalt's decision drew some criticism, notably from GOP Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, where Oswalt has multiple shows scheduled. In response to the canceled shows in Utah and Florida, Cruz wrote on Twitter, "Both of his fans were disappointed."
Across the US, Covid-19 cases have been spiking, largely driven by the large swaths of unvaccinated Americans. The Delta variant, at least twice as contagious as the original virus, has also contributed to the rise in cases. Since July, hospitalizations from Covid-19 have been steadily rising, too, with nearly 30% of all hospitalizations occurring in Florida and Texas.

Cruz is a complete prick...but that was funny.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2021 03:35

treaclefingers

I guess..
Maybe found it funnier one of the hundreds of times I've heard a variation of it before.

Agree with the complete prick part.. I blame canada winking smiley

Date: September 10, 2021 03:43

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

I guess..
Maybe found it funnier one of the hundreds of times I've heard a variation of it before.

Agree with the complete prick part.. I blame canada winking smiley

Even though we should take HALF the blame, at least no one actually believes he's half Canadian!

PS, you're right, it's hundreds of times I've heard that too, but when it's true...that makes it funnier. Seriously an Oswald Patton show?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 03:51 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 10, 2021 04:05

I wonder how many people would have gotten vaccinated if that was a requirement for the Rolling Stones tour. I saw a local show and they interviewed a couple of 20 somethings who got vaxxed so they could go to Bottlerock.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2021 14:39

From The Avett Brothers:

[twitter.com]

Date: September 10, 2021 16:48

From Korn, 9/9:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 10, 2021 21:18

Not sure who Munky is, so had to look him up.... Munky

James "Munky" Shaffer (guitarist) is the second member of KORN in a month to test positive for COVID-19. In early August, singer Jonathan Davis came down with the disease, forcing the postponement of six dates and cancelation of two on KORN's current U.S. tour. Last week, Davis said that he was still struggling with COVID-19 after-effects, nearly three weeks after it was announced that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 21:20 by Hairball.

Date: September 10, 2021 21:38

While this thread is relevant, it should be noted that for nearly every act or performer that is cancelling, a gig announcement or review for a current show could be posted.

Plenty of bands are touring, or planning to tour, in the same timeframe as the Stones. Which is part of the way out of this mess imo, as this is a disease of the unvaxxed. Time for more stick, less carrot.. ban them from shows, planes, trains and automobiles (everything else) as far as I'm concerned.

When you've got people scouring the interwebs non-stop looking for people they haven't even heard of, hyperventilating about a show that will go on regardless,
just to gin up more fear etc., the thread has jumped the shark.

Date: September 10, 2021 21:46

Evidently singer Jonathan Davis of Korn was fully vaccinated when he caught the coronavirus.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 10, 2021 21:55

MisterDDDD
Which is part of the way out of this mess imo, as this is a disease of the unvaxxed. Time for more stick, less carrot.. ban them from shows, planes, trains and automobiles (everything else) as far as I'm concerned.

Woo-woo!! I’m vaxxed, will be masked, and ready to rock. The show must go on for those that are willing to take necessary precautions to keep themselves and others safe.

Date: September 10, 2021 21:56

bye bye johnny
From The Avett Brothers:

[twitter.com]

I heard a song of theirs that was used in an advertisment a year or so ago, and had no idea who the song was by.
After a bit of digging, found out it was the Avett Brothers' Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise which led me to dig deeper into their catalogue.

Hopefully everything works out for them, and their tour can continue without any more covid disruptions which seems to be wreaking havoc on many tours.

Date: September 10, 2021 22:22

Hairball
Evidently singer Jonathan Davis of Korn was fully vaccinated when he caught the coronavirus.

Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS were also fully vaxxed.

Date: September 10, 2021 22:57

treaclefingers
daspyknows
treaclefingers
Most bands are cancelling or postponing shows due to COVID-19.

The Rolling Stones are adding dates.

Bad ass rock'n'roll or crazy?

Crazy. How long until someone in the touring party tests positive?

They're literally doing the opposite of everyone else. I can't quite get my mind around the logic. I guess we'll see very shortly.

I guess the only thing to do is hope for the best, but prepare for the unexpected. And at their elderly age status and the various health conditions they've all had, be extra cautious.
Wondering if any of the band members will be wearing masks on stage...there's going to be alot of virus floating around no matter what safety protocols are in place.
Certainly Mick can't wear a mask I wouldn't think, but maybe Keith and Ronnie? Chuck, Sasha, or Darryl? Or some of the others?
Since masks have been shown to prevent some of the transmissions, and some stadiums have mandatory mask mandates, not sure how it will work...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 23:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 10, 2021 23:07

Date: September 11, 2021 00:11

bye bye johnny
Hairball

Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS were also fully vaxxed.

Not sure how severe Paul and Gene's symptoms were, but Jonathan Davis's were quite extreme - much worse than just a cold or a flu.
And I keep hearing from many so-called "experts", that if you're vaccinated no problem...if you catch coronavirus it will be no worse than a mild cold or flu.
While I am vaccinated, I wouldn't want to end up like Jonathan Davis and many others who have experienced far worse than a a mild cold or flu.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 11, 2021 01:33

Nobody knowledgeable is assuring the fully vaxxed that if you still do catch covid, it won't be bad.

Merely that your chances of needing to be hospitalized for it are very low, and the chances of it killing you are exceedingly low.

Lots of the fully vaccinated who still catch covid delta are being made very miserable by it. And it is still killing some fully vaxxed people, although almost exclusively those who have major co-morbidities. Organ transplant recipients, being one example.

No actual experts are telling anybody that the vaxxed can't still be made very sick by breakthrough infections. But there are all kinds of bubbleheaded talking heads on tv filling time, and they might say anything.

Date: September 11, 2021 01:46

MisterDDDD
While this thread is relevant, it should be noted that for nearly every act or performer that is cancelling, a gig announcement or review for a current show could be posted.

Plenty of bands are touring, or planning to tour, in the same timeframe as the Stones. Which is part of the way out of this mess imo, as this is a disease of the unvaxxed. Time for more stick, less carrot.. ban them from shows, planes, trains and automobiles (everything else) as far as I'm concerned.

When you've got people scouring the interwebs non-stop looking for people they haven't even heard of, hyperventilating about a show that will go on regardless,
just to gin up more fear etc., the thread has jumped the shark.

And yet some how, some way, you're STILL on the thread. Huh?

Date: September 11, 2021 01:51

treaclefingers

Sure. It involves logging on, clicking links etc.

Have a sneaky suspicion there's supposed to be something humorous in your reply.
Help a brother out?? Could use a good laugh.

Date: September 11, 2021 01:55

TheBluesHadaBaby
Nobody knowledgeable is assuring the fully vaxxed that if you still do catch covid, it won't be bad.

Merely that your chances of needing to be hospitalized for it are very low, and the chances of it killing you are exceedingly low.

Lots of the fully vaccinated who still catch covid delta are being made very miserable by it. And it is still killing some fully vaxxed people, although almost exclusively those who have major co-morbidities. Organ transplant recipients, being one example.

No actual experts are telling anybody that the vaxxed can't still be made very sick by breakthrough infections. But there are all kinds of bubbleheaded talking heads on tv filling time, and they might say anything.

Exactly this. It's now a disease of the unvaccinated.
And fear mongering is good business for the talking heads.

Date: September 11, 2021 02:01

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Have a sneaky suspicion there's supposed to be something humorous in your reply.

No nothing humorous at all. I just openly wonder why you're trolling a thread you're not supposedly interested in.

Date: September 11, 2021 02:37

TheBluesHadaBaby

I hear it quite often from so-called "experts" saying things like "if vaccinated and you catch covid, it's no worse than a mild cold or flu", though obviously they are wrong.
Even worse from Joe Biden, while clearly not an expert, said this in July:

“You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”

Not sure if you would consider him "bubbleheaded", but based on your post I suppose you do.

-----------------------------------

Edit: With a quick google search, found this from the University of Utah published just last week:

COVID

"Breakthrough infections are to be expected because no vaccine is 100% effective.
You can get COVID-19 after being vaccinated, but it rarely happens and symptoms are likely to be mild—like having the common cold or the flu.
Data from the U.K. shows that, after full vaccination, the Pfizer vaccine was 88% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 from the Delta variant".

The author does say "likely" (meaning it could be worse), and not sure of her "expertise" credentials, but it was published by a University so it's more than just "bubbleheaded talking heads on tv filling time".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 03:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2021 03:07

It is not that complicated.
What was said 3 or 6 months ago was correct at that time.
Then there is a new variant like Delta, whole new virus rules, what was said way back is now no longer valid.
Not that people were wrong 3 or 6 months ago, but the Delta variant do rewrite rules.
Kids get it and spread it a lot more.
We did not know for how long the vaccines would last half a year ago.
Now we do know more, you are protected half a year quite well.
Older people got their vaccine early Jan/Feb so they need a 3rd shot.
And so on. And so on.
It's not that complicated.

Bands do cancel for many different reasons.
I am sure The Rolling Stones do have a proper plan.
They don't just go on tour without a plan these days.

Bjornulf

Date: September 11, 2021 03:11

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

No nothing humorous at all. I just openly wonder why you're trolling a thread you're not supposedly interested in.

Wasn't trolling. I've contributed to the thread.
Was being honest.. the thread has turned into a gaslighting contest.

Still good info in it, but lawd.. some go to such great lengths to inspire negativity and fear. Without some balance, showing shows and tours going on without a hitch etc,
which there are many, it has become a pisssing contest. Just my observation.

Date: September 11, 2021 03:25

First post in this thread started just a few weeks ago by Bjornulf, and already at 10 pages as the postponements and cancellations continue...

bv
There are other bands and acts who cancel their shows and tours in USA this fall due to Covid-19. Please post any non-Stones cancellations here.

If you want to discuss covid-19, then the following thread is about that:

Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world

For the Stones US Tour 2021, please use this thread:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Date: September 11, 2021 03:56

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Wasn't trolling. I've contributed to the thread.
Was being honest.. the thread has turned into a gaslighting contest.

Still good info in it, but lawd.. some go to such great lengths to inspire negativity and fear. Without some balance, showing shows and tours going on without a hitch etc,
which there are many, it has become a pisssing contest. Just my observation.

OK fair enough, if I've misjudged my apologies. On the other hand, seeing Fonzie in waterski's on a Rolling Stones fan site was a little disorienting so that will be my excuse!

EDIT...one other thing. The thread is called 'cancellations due to COVID-19'. This thread is not meant to 'have balance', but to report on which acts are cancelling because of the pandemic. I'm not sure where the 'pissing contest' is supposed to be coming from in your opinion, but the theme of the thread is pretty clear.

Date: September 11, 2021 04:02

Tanya Tucker cancels 2021 shows due to covid-19 concerns and hip problems.

Official statement from Tanya:

Hey Y’all. With my damn hip still healing slowly but surely, and my increasing concerns with covid-19, I've made the heartbreaking decision to cancel all 2021 dates.
It pains me to do this, but I must keep my fans, band and crew safe. I love my team, and most of all, I love you, the fans. We’ll be back in 2022 ready to kick some ass.

All my love,
Tanya

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home