Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 4, 2021 08:20

Dave matthews band

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2021 13:50

Dave Matthews Band, citing potential coronavirus exposure, playing Gorge shows in ‘alternate format’

By Janet I. Tu and Michael Rietmulder
Sep. 3, 2021

The Dave Matthews Band will continue its longstanding tradition of playing the Gorge Amphitheatre Labor Day weekend. But this year, just hours before the start of its first show in a three-night stand, the band posted that, due to a potential exposure to the coronavirus, it would be using an “alternate format.”

[twitter.com]

The band did not say initially what the new format would be and confused fans heading to the Gorge for the start of the three-night run took to social media to voice their frustrations and seek answers. Like the thousands of ticketholders, Live Nation, which operates the Gorge, was also in the dark about the “alternate format” the band would perform in.

“We have absolutely no idea,” wrote Jeff Trisler, Live Nation’s Pacific Northwest president, in an email. “It’s up to the artist to perform the show that they want to perform. [We’ll all] find out together.”

A Dave Matthews Band representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

But based on tweets coming from those at the show, it looks like the “alternate format” involves the band performing without founding members bassist Stefan Lessard and drummer Carter Beauford. Fan-shot video showed Matthews addressing the still-accumulating crowd while introducing opening band Dumpstaphunk.

“I hope you’ll bear with us tonight because due to COVID-19, Carter Beauford and Stefan Lessard are not able to be here,” Matthews said. “And so we are gonna do our best with our friends to make tonight a beautiful experience for all of you, and I only hope that it can be. But thank you, and I hope that you understand.”

Dave Matthews Band isn’t the only show to have to make last-minute changes due to COVID-19. The inaugural Day In Day Out festival, scheduled to start Saturday at Seattle Center’s Fisher Green and Pavilion, had to scramble after one of its headliners, Portland rap star Aminé, said Thursday that he would be unable to perform after contracting a breakthrough case of coronavirus. Day In Day Out brass responded quickly, adding hometown favorite Sol to Saturday’s lineup.

[www.seattletimes.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 4, 2021 14:01

daspyknows
LeonidP
I have been to several shows myself, including this past Saturday (and hopefully again tomorrow) to see my cousin's band. Bar was packed, many dancing, no masks that I noticed, no issues that I have heard of. And, this has been going on for months, I see many of the same people. Some covid cases here & there (myself included), some are not vaccinated (I am). LIVE, don't play dead.

Some people do not learn.

Eggzactly!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2021 16:05

With Farm Aid just a few weeks away, wondering if the D.Mathews band will be playing in an "alternate format" there, or following Neil Young's footsteps, will they play at all?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 4, 2021 19:16

All that is missing is "u".

jb

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: September 5, 2021 01:56

DMB still played a full show last night at the Gorge, and will do so tonight and tomorrow as well. They had a replacement bassist, and DMB's keyboard player Buddy Strong filled in on drums for some of the show. Dave and longtime guitarist Tim Reynolds opened the show with an extended acoustic set, which they've been doing as a side-gig for a long time. Fans who were there said it was a great show.

I think as far as DMB, as long as Dave is able to do the show, they'll keep the tour going.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 5, 2021 02:18

podiumboy
DMB still played a full show last night at the Gorge, and will do so tonight and tomorrow as well. They had a replacement bassist, and DMB's keyboard player Buddy Strong filled in on drums for some of the show. Dave and longtime guitarist Tim Reynolds opened the show with an extended acoustic set, which they've been doing as a side-gig for a long time. Fans who were there said it was a great show.

I think as far as DMB, as long as Dave is able to do the show, they'll keep the tour going.

thumbs up
Good on him.

Too many like Neil Young living in fear.
Only way to drive some now to the jabs is to exclude them from live music and everything else imo.

Date: September 5, 2021 02:20

Dave Matthews - not a fan by any stretch of the imagination, but happy for his fans who thought it was a great show.

Date: September 5, 2021 21:46

From Incubus:

[www.instagram.com]

Date: September 6, 2021 02:59

I don't know if anyone noticed this or cares, but the annual Burning Man glamping thing out in the Nevada desert this weekend was officially cancelled. But, instead, there is a "renegade" thing going on in its place, and apparently the BLM or someone said, no festival, but there are 3000 camping places out there so have at it, and that they are doing. I have been watching the live feed on and off, and honestly, this really appears to be the year to have been there, no infrastructure at all, and some real freedom instead of rule-based "freedom" that it has become. Not judging or promoting one or the other, but this year looks like you can have some real fun out there in the dust.

Right now it looks miserable but last night it was jumpin with not nearly as many people as usual.

I actually went the first couple years at Baker and Ocean Beaches in SF, then the Marin Headlands one year but haven't bothered since it moved out to the desert and became a celebrity Instagram moment.

jb

Date: September 6, 2021 18:46

The Killers have cancelled several upcoming shows, but have not released an official statement.

The Killers concert at Bell Auditorium, which had COVID vaccine requirements, is cancelled

By Jozsef Papp
September 5, 2021

American rock band The Killers have cancelled their concert at Bell Auditorium that was scheduled to take place Sept. 30. In an email sent to ticket buyers, Augusta Entertainment Complex announced the cancellation, but no official reason was given.

Concerts in Richmond, Va., on Sept. 25; in Raleigh, N.C., on Sept. 27; in Charlotte, N.C., on Sept. 28 and in St. Augustine, Fla., on Oct. 1 have also been cancelled by the band.

[www.augustachronicle.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-06 18:48 by bye bye johnny.

Date: September 8, 2021 15:58

From Al Stewart:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

With the Coronavirus and Delta variant surging throughout the world, it would be wrong of us to ask you to risk getting sick or dying just to hear our music. We don’t want to let anybody down, but we must do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, friends, band and crew. Consequently we are cancelling all of our shows for the rest of 2021. We promise we will be back as soon as possible. Until then, please stay safe and take care of each other.

Sincerely,

Al Stewart

[alstewart.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 8, 2021 16:19

jbwelda
I don't know if anyone noticed this or cares, but the annual Burning Man glamping thing out in the Nevada desert this weekend was officially cancelled. But, instead, there is a "renegade" thing going on in its place, and apparently the BLM or someone said, no festival, but there are 3000 camping places out there so have at it, and that they are doing. I have been watching the live feed on and off, and honestly, this really appears to be the year to have been there, no infrastructure at all, and some real freedom instead of rule-based "freedom" that it has become. Not judging or promoting one or the other, but this year looks like you can have some real fun out there in the dust.

Right now it looks miserable but last night it was jumpin with not nearly as many people as usual.

I actually went the first couple years at Baker and Ocean Beaches in SF, then the Marin Headlands one year but haven't bothered since it moved out to the desert and became a celebrity Instagram moment.

jb

Isn't that where the Family Dog also got its start, jb?

plexi

Date: September 8, 2021 16:37

The Doobie Brothers at Blossom Music Center is being rescheduled. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new date once announced. More information will be emailed to ticketholders directly.

[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-08 17:14 by bye bye johnny.

Date: September 8, 2021 16:51

From KISS:

We will return to the stage this Thursday, September 9th at the @FivePointAmp
in Irvine, California! All other shows remain unchanged. @LiveNation

Rescheduled show dates & info is now live at [kissonline.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: September 8, 2021 17:57

timbernardis
jbwelda

jb

Isn't that where the Family Dog also got its start, jb?

plexi

Well no, actually, it was the Avalon Ballroom and other venues Chet Helms rented, many in cooperation with Bill Graham. If anything the FD ended there at the Ocean Beach/Playland location. Playland was a large ocean side amusement park that had more or less shuttered its doors already and was eventually torn down.

jb

Date: September 8, 2021 18:24

From Oh Boy Records:

We have made the difficult decision to reschedule “You Got Gold” to next year. You can hold on to your ticket, or get a refund, more details here: [yougotgold.johnprine.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: September 8, 2021 20:40

Hard to keep up with all these postponemnts/cancellations...just today Al Stewart, Doobie Brothers (again), and also the John Prine tribute...

The Al Stewart statement sounds alot like what Neil Young had written a couple of weeks ago:

"With the Coronavirus and Delta variant surging throughout the world, it would be wrong of us to ask you to risk getting sick or dying just to hear our music.
We don’t want to let anybody down, but we must do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, friends, band and crew. ".

Tough decision I'm sure, but he's certainly not alone as many other bands and musicians have had to do the same amidst the latest coronavirus surge.
And with school just starting and Labor Day behind us in the States, hoping things don't continue to spiral downwards in the weeks and months ahead.

Date: September 8, 2021 21:35

From West Virginia Motor Speedway:

RENEGADE REBELLION MUSIC FESTIVAL POSTPONED TO 2022!

Dear Guests,
With an abundance of caution among artists and the rising number of COVID-19 cases, it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that Renegade Rebellion Music Festival has been postponed to 2022 due to circumstances beyond our control.

The first year festival slated for September 10th and 11th will now be held on a to be announced date in the early summer of 2022. We ask for everyone's patience as we diligently work through this situation and gather more information. We know that in all ways this is the last thing our fans wanted to hear, likewise, ourselves, organizers, vendors, staff and many others are equally as effected by this. Patience and understanding as we continue to travel these uncertain times is asked.

“Wood County and the state of West Virginia are seeing some of its highest active COVID numbers ever” stated festival director, Cody Watson. “Demand on local hospitals and the safety & health of our community remains a top priority as we navigate this deadly pandemic still in September of 2021” added Watson. “Active COVID cases within our lineup as well as circumstances beyond our control have left us with no other options than to postpone and try again in 2022” continued Watson. “We ask for your understanding and look forward to seeing everyone at the TBD date next summer” concluded Watson.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 9, 2021 00:20

"With an abundance of caution among artists and the rising number of COVID-19 cases, it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Abundance of Caution...a great name for a new young band...

Their name would be mentioned on a daily basis while these postponements/cancellations with other bands continue to make the news...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 00:22 by Hairball.

Date: September 9, 2021 01:03

From the Santa Barbara Blues Society near my neck of the woods apprx. 20 mile north...
Small time, but even the small time venues aren't immune to the postponements/cancellations...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2021 01:51

bye bye johnny
From Oh Boy Records:

We have made the difficult decision to reschedule “You Got Gold” to next year. You can hold on to your ticket, or get a refund, more details here: [yougotgold.johnprine.com]

[twitter.com]

This one stung a bit.. have a ticket for the week the Stones play.
Considering John passed due to Covid though, understand the family's caution.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 9, 2021 09:33

Hairball
From the Santa Barbara Blues Society near my neck of the woods apprx. 20 mile north...
Small time, but even the small time venues aren't immune to the postponements/cancellations...

I'd like to see Taj Mahal with Van Morrison, too bad it's not closer to the date of the LA Stones show.

plexi

Date: September 9, 2021 14:31

From The Doobie Brothers:

The Doobie Brothers will postpone their three upcoming shows as a member of the touring personnel has tested positive with COVID-19. The band’s shows in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Noblesville, IN and Grand Rapids, MI will be rescheduled and new dates will be announced shortly.

[twitter.com]

Date: September 9, 2021 19:00

From KIX:

KIX CANCELS TOUR DATES AFTER A MEMBER TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
NEW YORK, NY (September 9, 2021) KIX is canceling the following live dates due to a band member’s positive COVID-19 test, despite his being vaccinated.
• Friday, September 10 at Rocktember Music Fest in Hinckley, MN
• Saturday, September 11 at Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL
Future shows beyond these two are not affected. We will be there! KIX’s return to the stage this year was met with much fanfare and encouragement, among promising signs for the current touring landscape. However, the surging COVID-19 pandemic continues to take a toll on the already-struggling live music industry, and KIX fans are the latest victims.
KIX is very disappointed but remains committed to safety of fellow travelers, fans, other bands and crew. The band was looking forward to returning to these great venues and reunited with their enthusiastic fans, and promises a return as soon as possible.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:20

Most bands are cancelling or postponing shows due to COVID-19.

The Rolling Stones are adding dates.

Bad ass rock'n'roll or crazy?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 9, 2021 21:34

treaclefingers

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 9, 2021 21:38

treaclefingers

Crazy. How long until someone in the touring party tests positive?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:11

daspyknows
treaclefingers

Crazy. How long until someone in the touring party tests positive?

They're literally doing the opposite of everyone else. I can't quite get my mind around the logic. I guess we'll see very shortly.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:20

Harry Styles is currently touring in the U.S. to sold out arenas and so far no problems. He requires proof of Covid vaccine or negative test prior to entry and masks are required for the audience at all times.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home