Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:20

For those of you who are surprised that the Stones are trying to pull off this tour, are you also surprised that their will be approximately 30-40 stadiums full of college football fans in just 2 days all across the country? And then next weekend and every weekend thereafter, for approximately the next 17 weekends, there will be over 50 stadiums full of people at college and NFL football games (more than at Stones shows) every single weekend?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:21

bv
The vaccination rate is increasing rapidly in Norway, and is soon 90% among adults, so it seems like the level 4 i.e. complete reopening might be just in time for the Elton John concerts at Telenor Arena next month, October 22/23.

[www.fhi.no]

Can't say the same about the vaccination rate in the US, and looks like that high percentage will never be reached.
Currently slowly slogging along at apprx. 52% fully vaxxed adults meaning the various incentives and FDA approval have hardly made a dent.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:31

Vaccination Rates Rose In August As COVID Cases Surged Due To The Delta Variant

Vaccination rates were up in August as COVID-19 surges due to the delta variant led more people to seek the vaccine. That's according to White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeffrey Zients, who spoke at a briefing for reporters Tuesday. About 14 million U.S. residents received their first dose of a COVID-19 shot in August, he said, which is about 4 million more than in July.

Zients credits the widespread adoption of vaccine mandates by governments, schools and businesses. He pointed to the jump in vaccinations in Washington state, where the weekly vaccinate rate rose 34% after the state announced vaccination requirements for state employees, teachers and school staff.
[www.npr.org]

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:31

keefmick
For those of you who are surprised that the Stones are trying to pull off this tour, are you also surprised that their will be approximately 30-40 stadiums full of college football fans in just 2 days all across the country? And then next weekend and every weekend thereafter, for approximately the next 17 weekends, there will be over 50 stadiums full of people at college and NFL football games (more than at Stones shows) every single weekend?

I have tickets for Vegas where the Raiders play, indoors. Raiders games have a vaccine requirement. Vegas Stones show has no vaccine or test requirement. I'd feel more comfortable if the situations were equal, but they aren't.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:37

COVID Deaths Drop to New Lows in U.S., While Vaccination Rates Climb

TUESDAY, June 22, 2021 (HealthDay News) --
The United States reached two promising pandemic milestones on Monday: COVID-19 deaths dropped below 300 a day and 150 million Americans are now fully vaccinated.

COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in America in 2020, behind only heart disease and cancer, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But as the pandemic loosens its grip on this country, it has fallen down the list of the biggest killers, the Associated Press reported.

CDC data suggests that more Americans are now dying every day from accidents, chronic lower respiratory diseases, strokes or Alzheimer's disease than from COVID-19, the wire service said.
[www.usnews.com]

Date: September 3, 2021 02:39

bye bye johnny
slewan
it seems that Bob Dylan has cancelled his fall tour before it was announced…

That's the talk on Expecting Rain.

[expectingrain.com]

Bob Dylan and Neil Young-----always knew they were the wisest of 'em all...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 3, 2021 03:15

keefmick

Yes, actually I am, quite surprised.

But then, you know, they get hit in the head quite a bit so it kinda shouldn't surprise anyone.

jb

Date: September 3, 2021 03:22

Wondering how many of those football fans and players will become infected with coronavirus, and how many games will be cancelled, and how many stadiums will have to reinstate capacity restrictions..

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 03:54

My concerns would be the closed domes. St. Louis won't be a problem with no NFL team now. I think the Stones kind of missed the best possible window which seemed to have been early Summer. Kind of feel this one...Slipping Away before it starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 03:55 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 3, 2021 04:10

Add Umphrey's McGee to the Covid list. What is the over/under on Stones shows before someone in the touring party tests positive for Covid. I will take the under at 3.5.

[www.jambase.com]

Umphrey’s McGee‘s next eight concerts have been canceled due to a case of COVID-19 within the band’s team. Shows in California, Texas and Oklahoma originally scheduled for September 2 – 12 will not take place as planned.

“We’re saddened to share the news that due to Covid within the Umphrey’s team, the upcoming shows scheduled in California, Texas & Oklahoma are being cancelled,” explained the band in a statement. “All ticket purchasers will receive a full refund for tickets at the point of purchase.”

The run was supposed to start tomorrow, Thursday, September 2 at Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael, California. UM was then slated to play Oakland on Friday, Los Angeles on Saturday and San Diego on Sunday. Additionally, the sextet scrapped next weekend’s shows in Austin, Houston, Dallas and Tulsa. “We were eagerly looking forward to the shows and despite our best efforts to keep everyone healthy, we have to do what is right. We hope to return to these cities sometime in 2022. Onward & upward,” added Team Umphrey’s.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 04:13

Man I'll take the under. I'll say 2.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 3, 2021 05:25

keefmick

No Im surprised that a couple of 70 plus year olds are going out on tour amidst a pandemic.
Im concerned for their health.
But I guess I've been surprised for the last 20 yrs that they are still touring.

Date: September 3, 2021 06:12

Park City Song Summit 2021
Park City Utah, September 8 2021 – September 12 2021 - Postponed to 2022
Ft. Gary Clarke Jr., Elvin Bishop, Ivan Neville, Father John Misty, Mavis Staples, Charlie Musselwhite, John Doe, and many others...............

Official statement:

Park City Song Summit will be postponed this year in the interest of public and artist safety. “Our ICUs are at 100% capacity. Our county went from ‘MODERATE’ to ‘HIGH’ level of transmission late last week. School-age children are being admitted in increasing numbers to our local hospitals with the Covid delta variant. And late last week we matched our single day high for new positive Covid cases,” says Park City Song Summit founder Ben Anderson. “After countless conversations with top health officials, infectious disease experts, and local government, we cannot hold this multi-day, festival-style event safely this year and will need to postpone the Song Summit until 2022,” said Anderson. He added, “This is the statement I never wanted to write, but it’s what the current Covid climate has required us to do.”

Anderson says Song Summit organizers have tried their absolute hardest to make the event work in the current mid-pandemic environment. “We’ve tried valiantly to adapt to the rising dangers by moving all of our long-scheduled indoor events outside, reducing our capacity significantly and implementing various Covid protocols, but even these extreme precautions were not enough to overcome the risk of a dangerous COVID-19 spread,” Anderson adds.

Park City Song Summit is targeting September 8-11, 2022 for its new dates. Refunds will be issued within the next 14 business days. Follow Park City Song Summit on social media for the latest updates. The team behind Park City Song Summit has been so moved and inspired by the support of artists and fans and would like to express their gratitude in advance for your understanding and patience as they build toward 2022.

Pandemic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 06:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 3, 2021 07:47

Hairball
bye bye johnny
slewan

[expectingrain.com]

I still believe Mick is going to pull the plug. Just no incentive to lead on this...they're playing passive-aggressive and will throw in the towel when forced to, and say, "well, we tried!"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 3, 2021 20:02

From Dinosaur Jr.:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 20:19

treaclefingers
Hairball
bye bye johnny
slewan

[expectingrain.com]

I still believe Mick is going to pull the plug. Just no incentive to lead on this...they're playing passive-aggressive and will throw in the towel when forced to, and say, "well, we tried!"

I agree. With all those other cancellations and postponements by younger artists, the tour must now be in serious doubt.An old band playing in front of a predominantly older audience with slow ticket sales. The band will be on a guarantee with the promoter likely to take a big loss.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 20:28

grzegorz67
treaclefingers
Hairball
bye bye johnny
slewan

[expectingrain.com]

I agree. With all those other cancellations and postponements by younger artists, the tour must now be in serious doubt.An old band playing in front of a predominantly older audience with slow ticket sales. The band will be on a guarantee with the promoter likely to take a big loss.

I would think it's the insurers who would take the biggest bath, with some sizable losses for the promoters as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 20:29 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 20:46

Dougratajczak87
grzegorz67
treaclefingers
Hairball
bye bye johnny
slewan

[expectingrain.com]

I would think it's the insurers who would take the biggest bath, with some sizable losses for the promoters as well.

Good shout. I forgot about them. I'm surprised they got insurance at all and the premium will not have been cheap!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 3, 2021 20:52

grzegorz67
Dougratajczak87
grzegorz67
treaclefingers
Hairball
bye bye johnny
slewan

[expectingrain.com]

Good shout. I forgot about them. I'm surprised they got insurance at all and the premium will not have been cheap!

I wouldn't just assume any cancellation would be insured.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 3, 2021 22:00

There previously was some talk about the Stones supposedly having insurance in case health authorities pull the plug on a show due to COVID. I saw it as a headline somewhere. Not sure if that was only on a show-by-show basis though.

[iorr.org]

Rick Lindsey-led Prime Insurance Company has insured the upcoming Rolling Stones US tour, providing cover in the event of civil authority shutdowns due to Covid-19 contamination at a time when most carriers are excluding communicable diseases from contingency policies, The Insurer can reveal

Not sure how accurate that is. But it's from an industry magazine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 22:05 by Topi.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 3, 2021 22:00

I have been to several shows myself, including this past Saturday (and hopefully again tomorrow) to see my cousin's band. Bar was packed, many dancing, no masks that I noticed, no issues that I have heard of. And, this has been going on for months, I see many of the same people. Some covid cases here & there (myself included), some are not vaccinated (I am). LIVE, don't play dead.

Date: September 3, 2021 23:45

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 4, 2021 00:37

Topi
There previously was some talk about the Stones supposedly having insurance in case health authorities pull the plug on a show due to COVID. I saw it as a headline somewhere. Not sure if that was only on a show-by-show basis though.

[iorr.org]

Rick Lindsey-led Prime Insurance Company has insured the upcoming Rolling Stones US tour, providing cover in the event of civil authority shutdowns due to Covid-19 contamination at a time when most carriers are excluding communicable diseases from contingency policies, The Insurer can reveal

Not sure how accurate that is. But it's from an industry magazine.

The way it’s written implies The Stones would only be covered in the event
the show was forced to cancel due to new governmental restrictions. If the
band felt doing the show was simply too risky for all involved - then the
insurance would not cover. If true, it sounds like a very uncomfortable
decision to make.

Date: September 4, 2021 01:26

Did Bangor Infect KISS? What a rock concert shows us about the COVID pandemic.

Michael J. Socolow
September 3, 2021

[bangordailynews.com]

Date: September 4, 2021 02:31

LeonidP
I have been to several shows myself, including this past Saturday (and hopefully again tomorrow) to see my cousin's band. Bar was packed, many dancing, no masks that I noticed, no issues that I have heard of. And, this has been going on for months, I see many of the same people. Some covid cases here & there (myself included), some are not vaccinated (I am). LIVE, don't play dead.

Some people do not learn.

Date: September 4, 2021 02:38

bye bye johnny

Michael J. Socolow
September 3, 2021

[bangordailynews.com]

"A recent study about delta breakthrough infections traced an outbreak (with fatal consequences) to an outdoor wedding
in Texas where everyone was vaccinated. Because delta is so new, evidence about its transmission outdoors remains scanty;
yet outbreaks have already been tied to concerts in Oregon and Michigan where fans were tightly packed together"

Wondering how it will be possible to have social distancing at massive Stones concerts - especially in the Pit and rear GA areas where it's standing room only? Or any large concerts for that matter?

Date: September 4, 2021 03:16

Hairball
bye bye johnny

Michael J. Socolow
September 3, 2021

[bangordailynews.com]

"A recent study about delta breakthrough infections traced an outbreak (with fatal consequences) to an outdoor wedding
in Texas where everyone was vaccinated. Because delta is so new, evidence about its transmission outdoors remains scanty;
yet outbreaks have already been tied to concerts in Oregon and Michigan where fans were tightly packed together"

Wondering how it will be possible to have social distancing at massive Stones concerts - especially in the Pit and rear GA areas where it's standing room only? Or any large concerts for that matter?

It won't be. Shows with a vaccine and mask requirement will be a moderate risk, no mask and no vax venues will be super spreader events.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 4, 2021 03:32

I just attended three DeadCo shows on the East coast and two Phish shows in the Bay Area.......and no COVID for me.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 4, 2021 05:20

You might need a miracle.

jb

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 4, 2021 06:09

Every day!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

This Thread has been closed