Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:28

crholmstrom
Made the decision to cancel myself out of the Mammoth WVH show on Monday. My immune system is not good right now & the delta variant is starting to get out of control where I live. Fortunately, the tickets were inexpensive. It's the smart move.

Would have liked to have seen this show. Wolfie's band sounds pretty good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:37

crholmstrom
Made the decision to cancel myself out of the Mammoth WVH show on Monday. My immune system is not good right now & the delta variant is starting to get out of control where I live. Fortunately, the tickets were inexpensive. It's the smart move.

Wise choice crholmstrom considering your health - there will be another time when things are hopefully better where you can go out to live shows and not have to worry.
I've been reading the delta is blasting your neck of the woods up north, and we're getting it all over the place here in SoCal and the entire state really.
Didn't think I'd be saying that a year ago as I thought the coast would be mostly clear in the summer of 2021, but things continue to spiral out of control.
It's even a gamble right now for the healthiest people to go out and about whether vaccinated or not - the damn delta variant is wreaking havoc.

-----------------------------------

edit: Read about this news the other day coming out of Washington, and would guess those numbers have increased quite a bit since then:

COVID cases linked to Watershed Festival at the Gorge rise to more than 200

"Cases have been identified among Washington State residents of King, Grant, Pierce, Skagit, Kitsap, Whatcom, Kittitas, Okanogan, San Juan, Lincoln, and Stevens counties.
There has also been a case tied to a resident of Oregon State. These cases are all still under investigation,” the update says. “We urge the public to self-quarantine and seek testing if you attended the music festival.”

More - > GORGE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 00:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 22, 2021 02:04

DNA Lounge San Francisco releases statement after canceling several bands who are unvaccinated.

They broadcast everything and I was looking forward to recording Flotsam & Jetsam

[www.dnalounge.com]

dnalounge.com
Wherein the antivaxxers are still trying to make this nightmare last as long as possible for all of us.
3 minutes

21-Aug-2021 (Sat)

Wherein the antivaxxers are still trying to make this nightmare last as long as possible for all of us.

We had a show booked for next week with Flotsam and Jetsam, Suburban Paranoia and Rage of War, and then we learn that several members of Flotsam and Jetsam are unvaccinated. That's right, they are on tour, traveling through who-knows-what COVID-19 hotspot hellholes, and they're not vaccinated.

But wait, the story gets stupider.

We ask their agent, "So, are they planning on getting vaccinated?" He says he's not sure. Which means we can't even reschedule the show for a later date when they have their shit together, we have to just cancel. Great.

So then after cancelling, we also learn that one of the members of Suburban Paranoia was unvaccinated "because his doctor recommended against it". Uh huh.

Meanwhile, support act Rage of War was talking shit about their own show on Facebook, saying that our vax policy was going to "kill the turnout" and that "at least people will 'feel' safe..... right lmfao"

And then...

Wait for it...

Now one of the members of Rage of War has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

In the Before Times I probably would have been feeling some kind of schadenfreude about this, but I don't. It's just tragic and sad and stupid and completely avoidable and I want it to stop!

If you want to feel terrible about the state of the world, just read the comments on this Blabbermouth article about the cancellation. Apparently it's a "poison jab" and we're "commie libturds" when we're not "nazis". Good to know that that the metal community still has that same old MAGA problem. Good job everybody.

We have another metal show coming up tomorrow, with Lich King, and as far as I know, everyone involved is vaccinated. So, fingers crossed on that. But that's only after we had to kick Helsott off of that bill for being unvaccinated. They tell us that their name means "Fatal Illness" in Old Norse, and while I appreciate their commitment to the bit -- guys, you're taking it too far.

By the way, before you comment here telling me to "do my own research" about drinking bleach or whatever, let me remind you that as of yesterday it is the law that all customers, performers and staff be vaccinated.

That had already been our policy for some time. It just took the law a while to catch up. But at least now I get to stop arguing about it.

Date: August 22, 2021 05:52

Las Vegas Raiders announced that anyone attending their games has to show proof of vaccination.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 22, 2021 07:51

DNA Lounge, now there is a blast from the past. Didn't know they were still in business. Right next door to Boz Skaggs one time Slim's nightclub. Used to see the Roots Radics there and other reggae greats pretty often. Had some great post-punk shows there too. Still have a pen from the coat check room. Fun times.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:17

College Football joining in on the "vax or test" requirements..
Drip, drip.. these policies are the path back to large events.
That and the incentives to get the jabs they motivate (US now avg 1+ million shots a day again).

By the time the Stones hit the stage, the protocols to handle large crowd verifications will likely be routine.

UO, OSU to require COVID-19 vaccination or negative test for games

PORTLAND, Ore — Both the University of Oregon and Oregon State University will soon require everyone 12 and older to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination -- or a recent negative COVID test -- in order to attend university events, including games.
[komonews.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:18

Dan
DNA Lounge San Francisco releases statement after canceling several bands who are unvaccinated.

They broadcast everything and I was looking forward to recording Flotsam & Jetsam

[www.dnalounge.com]

dnalounge.com
3 minutes

21-Aug-2021 (Sat)

We had a show booked for next week with Flotsam and Jetsam, Suburban Paranoia and Rage of War, and then we learn that several members of Flotsam and Jetsam are unvaccinated. That's right, they are on tour, traveling through who-knows-what COVID-19 hotspot hellholes, and they're not vaccinated.

But wait, the story gets stupider.

We ask their agent, "So, are they planning on getting vaccinated?" He says he's not sure. Which means we can't even reschedule the show for a later date when they have their shit together, we have to just cancel. Great.

So then after cancelling, we also learn that one of the members of Suburban Paranoia was unvaccinated "because his doctor recommended against it". Uh huh.

Meanwhile, support act Rage of War was talking shit about their own show on Facebook, saying that our vax policy was going to "kill the turnout" and that "at least people will 'feel' safe..... right lmfao"

And then...

Wait for it...

Now one of the members of Rage of War has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

In the Before Times I probably would have been feeling some kind of schadenfreude about this, but I don't. It's just tragic and sad and stupid and completely avoidable and I want it to stop!

If you want to feel terrible about the state of the world, just read the comments on this Blabbermouth article about the cancellation. Apparently it's a "poison jab" and we're "commie libturds" when we're not "nazis". Good to know that that the metal community still has that same old MAGA problem. Good job everybody.

We have another metal show coming up tomorrow, with Lich King, and as far as I know, everyone involved is vaccinated. So, fingers crossed on that. But that's only after we had to kick Helsott off of that bill for being unvaccinated. They tell us that their name means "Fatal Illness" in Old Norse, and while I appreciate their commitment to the bit -- guys, you're taking it too far.

By the way, before you comment here telling me to "do my own research" about drinking bleach or whatever, let me remind you that as of yesterday it is the law that all customers, performers and staff be vaccinated.

That had already been our policy for some time. It just took the law a while to catch up. But at least now I get to stop arguing about it.

That's awesome.

It's really good to know who not to support.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:24

From The Lefsetz Letter:

Re-Florida Georgia Line

They canceled because they didn’t sell any tickets. Covid was just a cover-up. Crowdsourcing, i.e. my readers, hipped me to this.

Not that it’s fully explicable, the act had two top ten hits in 2020 and one already in 2021, but to know more I’d have to investigate locations, ticket prices, etc.

Failure in the marketplace is always a complicated story. What makes people stay home is unclear. Yes, now we’ve got the Delta variant, but Florida Georgia Line is a country act, and country leans right, and it’s those on the right who say they’re not afraid of the virus.

But Florida Georgia Line had its first hit in 2012, which is almost ten years ago, and it has a strong appeal to adults who may not want to risk a show, then again they’re going to see so many acts in the amphitheatres.

But looking at the data, sales of FGL’s albums have declined over the years, the act was strongest when it debuted. Then again, in the interim streaming has burgeoned and it’s a bit apples and oranges, but the mania is gone, the act is not brand new, people are either fans or they’re not, they’re going to buy tickets or they’re not. Maybe FGL is now seen as a singles act, which have a harder time selling tickets.

But what we do know is some of our biggest heroes obfuscate, lie, to avoid telling the truth, that they’re canceling dates because they couldn’t sell tickets.

As a matter of fact one of classic rock’s legendary artists, with A+ credibility, canceled an arena date saying it was in solidarity with the unions when the truth was tickets just weren’t selling.

So there you have it.

[lefsetz.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:14

FGL had a twice postponed stadium tour opening for Kenny Chesney (now in 2022) so a lot of fans already have tickets though opening acts are never assured especially with multiple postponements but KC prefers a strong undercard for his stadium shows.

Ticket prices were insane. Market is just completely oversaturated with country shows. And amphitheatre shows on the east coast into late October. Shed shows are often strong on walkups/day of show sales due to weather issues. A warm and sunny day in mid October and half sold might sell out with people still in line at the box office.

But yes, even red state country show ticket sales are plummeting. At least where unsold secondary market ticket sales are concerned. You can even find day of show bargains for excellent seats Luke Bryan and Kane Brown day of right now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:20

In Germany the Heavy-Metal-Festival Wacken (Bullhead City 2021) doesn't take place in September 2021 - [www.Wacken.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 17:30 by Irix.

Date: August 23, 2021 17:34

^

Still early Monday morning here in California and already one cancellation - wondering how many others there will be by the end of the day?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:06

DGA35
crholmstrom

I think the Mammoth WVH record is excellent. It's been my favorite car cd this summer. I was watching the Seahawks game on Saturday & noticed probably over 80% of the crowd were unmasked. Things are going to get uglier. On a more positive note, the strictest state mandates in the country are going into effect today. Those fans won't be unmasked next game. Also, although Saturday's game attendance was announced as sold out at 63,000 it looked like about 20,000 fans stayed home.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:20

Hairball
crholmstrom

Wise choice crholmstrom considering your health - there will be another time when things are hopefully better where you can go out to live shows and not have to worry.
I've been reading the delta is blasting your neck of the woods up north, and we're getting it all over the place here in SoCal and the entire state really.
Didn't think I'd be saying that a year ago as I thought the coast would be mostly clear in the summer of 2021, but things continue to spiral out of control.
It's even a gamble right now for the healthiest people to go out and about whether vaccinated or not - the damn delta variant is wreaking havoc.

-----------------------------------

edit: Read about this news the other day coming out of Washington, and would guess those numbers have increased quite a bit since then:

COVID cases linked to Watershed Festival at the Gorge rise to more than 200

"Cases have been identified among Washington State residents of King, Grant, Pierce, Skagit, Kitsap, Whatcom, Kittitas, Okanogan, San Juan, Lincoln, and Stevens counties.
There has also been a case tied to a resident of Oregon State. These cases are all still under investigation,” the update says. “We urge the public to self-quarantine and seek testing if you attended the music festival.”

More - > GORGE

It was looking we had turned the corner on infections when I bought the tickets a few months ago. Again, luckily they were inexpensive so I'm not getting dinged too badly. I'm not even trying to sell them as I think it would be bad karma to pass them along especially to friends.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:21

The Pixies just cancelled all of their U.S. dates:

[jambands.com]

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:49

Javadave
The Pixies just cancelled all of their U.S. dates:

[jambands.com]

Included Riot Fest 2021 which I have tickets for. I bought the tixs mainly to see NIN and Pixies. NIN cancelled all 2021 shows on Friday/Saturday. Riot Fest announced Slipknot would replace NIN on Sunday. Then Monday, Pixies cancelled all shows and the singer of Slipknot announced he had COVID and was "very, very sick." But yeah, who's excited about these Stones shows starting in a month!? LOL.

Date: August 23, 2021 21:01

New York @BeaconTheatre

Shows Rescheduled for January 2022

[widespreadpanic.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2021 21:03

bye bye johnny
New York @BeaconTheatre

Shows Rescheduled for January 2022

[widespreadpanic.com]

[twitter.com]

good to see the panic is limited.

Date: August 23, 2021 21:24

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

I think the Mammoth WVH record is excellent. It's been my favorite car cd this summer. I was watching the Seahawks game on Saturday & noticed probably over 80% of the crowd were unmasked. Things are going to get uglier. On a more positive note, the strictest state mandates in the country are going into effect today. Those fans won't be unmasked next game. Also, although Saturday's game attendance was announced as sold out at 63,000 it looked like about 20,000 fans stayed home.

I was at home watching the Bears get their asses handed to them by Buffalo with Mitch Trubisky looking like a young Tom Brady. I know it's only preseason but the Bears better get their act together.
Saw Wolf with VH twice in Van, 07 and 12. My only hope is that he and Alex go through the VH vaults to release some material. There is very little officially released concert footage from 78-84. Oakland 81 seems like the holy grail for VH fans. That show was less than 2 weeks after I saw them in Vancouver.

Date: August 23, 2021 21:35

From The Toadies:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 23, 2021 21:42

From Phoebe Bridgers:

Let’s try this again…
In the interest of safety, I’ve decided to only play outdoors for the upcoming tour. We are moving all previously scheduled indoor shows to outdoor venues and we’ve needed to postpone shows in a couple cities so please check the updated schedule.

[twitter.com]

At my request, there are updated health and safety requirements. Entry will require proof of vaccination against COVID-19.

[twitter.com]

Where that’s not permissible by law, we’ll agree to proof of vaccination OR proof of negative test result (PCR preferred/Antigen accepted) within 48 hours prior to entering those venues.

And please wear a mask. I love you. See you soon.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 23, 2021 23:42

From Low Cut Connie:

ANNOUNCEMENT about the scheduled Minnesota State Fair performance…

[twitter.com]

Date: August 27, 2021 03:17

Tonight's #KISS show at The Pavilion at Star Lake in Burgettstown, PA is unfortunately postponed due to Paul Stanley testing positive for COVID. More information about show dates will be made available ASAP. Everyone on the entire tour, both band and crew, are fully vaccinated.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 27, 2021 04:13

Even with all those safeguards and protocols in place, including all being vaccinated, the virus strikes again...........

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 27, 2021 04:14

Kid Rock Cancels Shows, Reveals “Half The Band Has F**king Covid”

Kid Rock canceled his weekend concerts at Billy Bob’s in Texas due to half his band having Covid.

The singer announced the news on Thursday (Aug. 26) via his social media, revealing that despite being vaccinated, half of his band has Covid but he does not.

“Billy Bob’s Shows This Weekend… I am pissed,” Kid Rock said in a social media post. ”Over half the band has f**king covid (not me), and before u shit for brains bloggers and media trolls run your mouths, many of them, like me, have been vaccinated. I was gonna come and rock the house anyway, play acoustic, DJ or even just Juggle…. Deez Nutz!! – or at least try to entertain u good folks. But seriously, shit is way out of my hands on this one. I am beyond upset and you real ones know I would never cancel if I absolutely didn’t have too. For this, I am sorry.”
[musicmayhemmagazine.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 27, 2021 04:27

Damn..... Be safe fellow posters

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 27, 2021 04:35

MisterDDDD

Kid Rock canceled his weekend concerts at Billy Bob’s in Texas due to half his band having Covid.

The singer announced the news on Thursday (Aug. 26) via his social media, revealing that despite being vaccinated, half of his band has Covid but he does not.

“Billy Bob’s Shows This Weekend… I am pissed,” Kid Rock said in a social media post. ”Over half the band has f**king covid (not me), and before u shit for brains bloggers and media trolls run your mouths, many of them, like me, have been vaccinated. I was gonna come and rock the house anyway, play acoustic, DJ or even just Juggle…. Deez Nutz!! – or at least try to entertain u good folks. But seriously, shit is way out of my hands on this one. I am beyond upset and you real ones know I would never cancel if I absolutely didn’t have too. For this, I am sorry.”

So every cloud does have a silver lining after all.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:07

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Bet they had vaccination cards, not vaccinations.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:14

daspyknows
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Most likely the same with every other band that canceled/postponed in this thread.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:33

bleedingman
daspyknows
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

Most likely the same with every other band that canceled/postponed in this thread.

Many of them, not ALL of them.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 27, 2021 06:47

Stevie Nicks cancelled her tour, siting worries about Covid's Delta variant. I bet there will be a lot more in the next 2 weeks. Labor Day is a holiday in the States, picnics, gatherings galour....more super-spreader family fun! And the stupidity continues. Many of the States the Stones are supposed to travel to are " red states". extremely under-vaccinated and with a population of anti-maskers to top it off. Just more crap to worry about!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home