Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17
Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:31

Papo
Over here in Germany, Elton Johns arena shows, scheduled for October 2020, postponed to Sep/Oct 2021 have now been rescheduled to May 2023 (!). Yes, 2023 that is.
Other shows in Europe in September/October/November/December 2021 are still on the list. Maybe they will be rescheduled too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:56

bye bye johnny
August 18

From Neil Young:

A Message From Neil

Farmaid and the Pandemic

8-18-21
Lots is going on in our world right now. I find myself wondering whether Farmaid will be safe for everyone with the Covid pandemic surging. I worry about that. I don’t want to let anybody down, but still can’t shake the feeling that it might not be safe for everyone. I worry about audiences coming together in these times. The show is sold out.

All you people who can’t go to a concert because you still don’t feel safe, I stand with you. I don’t want you to see me playing and think it’s safe now. I don’t want to play until you feel safe, and it is indeed, safe.

My soul tells me it would be wrong to risk having anyone die because they wanted to hear music and be with friends.

No matter where you are. I am with you. Do what you must, but think it through. We will be back. There is much work to do together.

Since we know vaccinated people can catch and spread Covid, I worry about the children who could become infected after Farmaid, just by being with someone, maybe a parent, who caught the virus at Farmaid and didn't know it. There are already too many children in hospitals.

While I respect Willie, John and Dave's decisions to stick with it and play, I am not of the same mind. It is a tough call.

As time passes, I hope the path ahead will become clear. be well love ny

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Neil is right on so many levels. Vaccinated or not, people can still catch the virus and then spread it to others - including immunocompromised, and children who are not yet eligible for the vaccine.
I have a strong feeling the rest of Farm Aid will also throw in the towel - saving farms and jobs seems a bit less urgent than saving lives right now in the thick of the Delta surge - Neil has his priorities straight.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:28

Yes, Neil gets it.

The only way to cancel these cancellations is to stop the virus. And for that we need as many people vaccinated, so it will stop spreading and mutating.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:55

Belinda Carlisle's UK/Irish 'Decades' tour scheduled for October and November has been postponed.

[facebook.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 17:28

From Alan Parsons:

It is with huge disappointment that I have postponed our upcoming US tour dates in August and September. Nothing is more important to me than the safety of my band, crew, the concert staff, and most importantly of course, you - the fans. This has been a very difficult and devastating decision - we were so thrilled to be returning to the stage for the first time in over a year and a half. The world could use more music right now, however, it just isn’t safe yet for us to come together indoors for events like concerts. All shows should be re-scheduled. If you already have tickets, please hang on to them - they will be honored at the re-scheduled dates, which will be announced shortly. Until we can safely join together again, please take care of yourselves and each other. “I wanted you to know - you’ve always shared my deepest thoughts - you follow where I go.”

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 20, 2021 18:00

Curiously, Elton John's September 2021 shows have now moved to October 2021 - postponed by just a couple of weeks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2021 18:12

Topi
Curiously, Elton John's September 2021 shows have now moved to October 2021 - postponed by just a couple of weeks.

The Elton John show in Norway at Telenor Arena, same as The Rolling Stones performed at during their 2014 tour, has been rescheduled from Sept 25 to Oct 22, i.e. for a month.

It's just a gamble. I don't know about rules in other countries, but in Norway, a show with a crowd of 25,000 at Telenor Arena is not possible according to current covid-19 law. There is today in Norway a maximum of 5,000 people allowed at public events like football, concerts and so on.

I don't think Elton John is prepared to perform at a 20% capacity crowd. So I assume they just reschedule one month at a time, and hope for things to open up. Meanwhile, covid numbers go up in the area, because the weather is getting colder, people stay more indoor, school start, and Delta is around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 20, 2021 19:16

maybe it's easier to compile a list of tours that have not canceled (yet)…

Date: August 20, 2021 21:56

From Kings Of Leon:

Out of an abundance of caution, Kings of Leon will postpone their next few tour dates due to an individual on the band’s team testing positive for COVID. Shows are set to resume on August 27th at Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 21:59

bye bye johnny
From Kings Of Leon:

Out of an abundance of caution, Kings of Leon will postpone their next few tour dates due to an individual on the band’s team testing positive for COVID. Shows are set to resume on August 27th at Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA.

[twitter.com]

yup...a whole week and things should be right back on track.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 22:21

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
From Kings Of Leon:

[twitter.com]

Hey Treacle, did you see local news reports that covid numbers might hit 12000 a day in BC by fall if stricter measures aren't taken!!

Date: August 20, 2021 22:32

bv
Topi

The Elton John show in Norway at Telenor Arena, same as The Rolling Stones performed at during their 2014 tour, has been rescheduled from Sept 25 to Oct 22, i.e. for a month.

It's just a gamble. I don't know about rules in other countries, but in Norway, a show with a crowd of 25,000 at Telenor Arena is not possible according to current covid-19 law. There is today in Norway a maximum of 5,000 people allowed at public events like football, concerts and so on.

I don't think Elton John is prepared to perform at a 20% capacity crowd. So I assume they just reschedule one month at a time, and hope for things to open up. Meanwhile, covid numbers go up in the area, because the weather is getting colder, people stay more indoor, school start, and Delta is around.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the Sweden shows, I should have been more precise. His Helsinki and Copenhagen September dates haven't been moved yet, but they probably will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 22:34 by Topi.

Date: August 20, 2021 23:32

From Florida Georgia Line:

While we’ve been able to see some of y’all at shows recently, everyone’s continued safety has been weighing heavy on us. We’re so bummed to have to cancel this tour, but we love y’all and can’t wait to be back out when the time is right.

[twitter.com]

From Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 20, 2021 23:39

Buddy Guy has just announced that his shows scheduled for Aug/Sept will now be rescheduled for sometime after Oct 1st.

Date: August 20, 2021 23:39

Buddy Guy just postponed.

Date: August 20, 2021 23:50

From Buddy Guy:

Tour update: Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you all stay safe and healthy out there. - Team BG

[twitter.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 20, 2021 23:54

Glad its postponed. I have tickets to Saban Theater.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 21, 2021 00:12

no shortage of caution abundances though.

Date: August 21, 2021 01:11

Saints And Sinners Tour Cancellation

Friday, August 20, 2021 —

Dear Fans,

After almost two years of planning, delays and replanning, the Saints & Sinners Tour has yet again been met with immovable pandemic related roadblocks and regional restrictions, making it impossible to keep our dates for this November and, as a result, we are cancelling the tour with no plans to reschedule. Please hit up your place of purchase for refund instructions.

On behalf of all four bands, thank you all for continuing to support us over the past 18 months and our combined efforts to do this great thing together. We kept trying to make it happen because of your support and frankly, because it would have been a f*ck of a lot of fun.

Music says it all - we miss the conversation and sharing it with you - it means everything to us. Whatever the coming days and months have in store, let’s face it together, so we come out the other side of this thing still talking to each other and ready to fill the venues across Canada with music again.

~Headstones, Moist, Sloan & The Tea Party.

[saints.prezly.com]#

Date: August 21, 2021 03:38

The amount of shows and tours being postponed or cancelled seems to be picking up momentum and snowballing from one day to the next...damn...

Date: August 21, 2021 03:45

Hairball
The amount of shows and tours being postponed or cancelled seems to be picking up momentum and snowballing from one day to the next...damn...

Yes. I'll be curious to see how many pages this thread is this time next week. I'm going to guess at least 20.

Date: August 21, 2021 04:01

Delta Goodrem postpones her Australian tour:

Keep the love and the music beating in your heart through this time everyone. Sending rays of light and can’t wait to be with you at the tour in March / April 2022. Tickets remain valid for all shows.
[deltagoodrem.com]
love you all xx D

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 21, 2021 04:49

Widespread Panic Napa Concerts Moved to August 2022

We are sorry to announce that our shows at the Oxbow RiverStage in Downtown Napa on August 27, 28 and 29, 2021 have been rescheduled to the same weekend in 2022: August 26, 27, and 28, 2022.

Date: August 21, 2021 06:11

John Carin via FB

"I keep seeing people booking, then canceling their tours.
Every day is another cancellation.
Do people really think it’s ok to tour now going into this incredibly dangerous autumn?
And is it really a kind thing to do to your fans?
Just curious, not judging at all, just bewildered..."

Jon Carin - professional musician, multi-instrumentalist, and producer who has collaborated with
Roger Waters, The Who, latter era Pink Floyd, Pete Townshend, Kate Bush, Richard Butler, et al >

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 06:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 21, 2021 06:44

DGA35
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
From Kings Of Leon:

[twitter.com]

Hey Treacle, did you see local news reports that covid numbers might hit 12000 a day in BC by fall if stricter measures aren't taken!!

yeah, just saw that tonight, which flies in the face of the bravado they're exhibiting at the moment with Lion's games and the stage 4 opening they insist will take place on Sep. 7.

So if it's true, why aren't they starting to take action?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 15:20 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 21, 2021 07:02

Once the vaccine was announced, ticket sales started to slightly tick upward in December, picking up rapidly thru March, mostly country music but other genres soon followed.

Then the Bad Bunny 2022 instant sellout blew the doors off. With a light at the end of the tunnel in the spring, there was a mad rush to get your shows booked and tickets sold before anybody else.

Some acts postponed til 2022 but mostly due to visa uncertainty issues as they still weren't being issued as late as last month.

There was a lot of optimism is the air that events would come raging back with unprecedented demand. For a moment that seemed true. But even as vaccination rates plateaued and the Delta variant gained steam, there already seemed to be market oversaturation.

In a lot of areas, ticket sales started falling off in late July. As it was a lot of people were buying late due to uncertainty if they would happen, then a lot started not buying at all, Delta fears, vaccine resistance, confusion over rules, a lot of factors playing in.

GNR was 99% sold last night but so many empty seats. Not just unsold broker stock (because there wasn't much a few weeks ago) but people are just staying home and eating their tickets.

But almost everyone buying a ticket all year were agreeing to both releasing the artists and organizers from liabilty and that any rules could be imposed at any time.

Date: August 21, 2021 07:15

treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
From Kings Of Leon:

[twitter.com]

yeah, just saw that tonight, which flies in the face of the bravdo they're exhibiting at the moment with Lion's games and the stage 4 opening they insist will take place on Sep. 7.

So if it's true, why aren't they starting to take action?

Well Lions game was only 12500 and now I see they might backtrack on the Sept 7 stage 4 opening if numbers keep rising, which I'm sure they will.
I'm sure the Canucks are waiting to see what happens since they haven't put any of their home games on sale yet.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 21, 2021 07:20

SIMPLE PLAN (co-headline tour with New Found Glory, on sale since early 2020, many shows sold out)

We are very disappointed to announce that we have made the difficult decision to drop-off of the “Pop-Punk’s Still Not Dead” tour with New Found Glory. If you bought a ticket for the tour and would like a refund, you will be able to request one – keep an eye out on your email.
When we announced the rescheduled dates for the tour last May, the situation with the pandemic was very different from where it is now and we were cautiously optimistic that going back on tour could be safe for everyone.
Although we are all vaccinated and despite the very strict protocols we had planned to put in place, we are very concerned at the thought of going out on such an extensive tour.
After many tough discussions and internal debate, we have come to the conclusion that it just feels too soon for us.
There’s nothing we would love more than to be out there and play for all of you, but we have to follow our gut and do what feels right for us at this time.
We know a lot of you were really looking forward to seeing us play live again and will be disappointed by this news and might disagree with our decision. We want you to know that we acknowledge and respect your opinions, and that we are so sorry to let you down.
Our friends in New Found Glory have made the decision to move forward with the shows. They’re an amazing live band and we’re sad we won’t have the chance to see them play every night. We wish them the best and hope that everyone involved in the tour and all the fans who choose to attend will stay safe and health

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 21, 2021 11:48

Made the decision to cancel myself out of the Mammoth WVH show on Monday. My immune system is not good right now & the delta variant is starting to get out of control where I live. Fortunately, the tickets were inexpensive. It's the smart move.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 21, 2021 12:53

Add Buddy Guy to the list.Peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home