Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17
Re: OT: Garth Brooks Cancel's remainder of 2021 tour due to Delta varient
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:32

treaclefingers
gavin95
Saw KISS last night and had an amazing time. They put on a fantastic show!

and you're SHOUTing it OUT LOUD! smileys with beer

Love em or hate em, KISS always puts on a great show, lots of lasers/pyro. I saw on ticketmaster two days ago there were lots of tickets still available for the show. I was wondering if there were lots of empty seats in the upper bowl and grass area or did they do a groupon and basically give them away just to fill the venue?
My brother has tickets for The Gorge in Washington State for next month. Canadians can't cross the border yet and looking at ticketmaster again, there's tons of tickets for sale so even trying to resell them will be difficult.

Re: OT: Garth Brooks Cancel's remainder of 2021 tour due to Delta varient
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 20, 2021 12:51

Hairball
Incredible how many US tours and shows are continuously being postponed or canceled... Garth. Lady Gaga, Brad Paisley, the Cadillac Three...and that's just from today....

Nine Inch Nails
[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Re: Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:54

Life of Agony (from New York) cancelled their Europe Tour.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:05

Carl Palmer with The Allan Parson Project just announced they are cancelling their fall 2021 US tour.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:21

Reposting postponements/cancellations announced in the last two weeks here:

8/7

Michael Buble has postponed 10 upcoming shows:

Michael’s US tour dates in August are being postponed due to concerns over the rising number of Coronavirus infections. Shows are rescheduled to October. All tickets will be honored for these shows.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:23

August 8

Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Rickey Medlocke has tested positive for COVID-19:

Skynyrd Nation,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Lynyrd Skynyrd is unable to perform the next four shows in Canton, OH, Jackson, MI, Atlanta, GA and Cullman, AL. Longtime band member Rickey Medlocke has tested positive for COVID-19. Rickey is home resting and responding well to treatment. We will continue to update you on his condition.
The show in Atlanta, GA on Friday, August 13 is being rescheduled and will now be Saturday, October 23.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:24

Augus 8

Limp Bizkit has canceled their tour after pulling the plug one hour before a scheduled show in Asbury Park NJ on Friday.

Limp Bizkit postpones Stone Pony Summer Stage concert an hour before the show

By Chris Jordan
August 6, 2021 Updated: August 8 202

Statement from Limp Bizkit.
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of the band, crew and most of all the fans, the Limp Bizkit show this Monday and the remaining August tour is being cancelled. Refunds are available at their points of purchase. All tickets purchased online will be automatically refunded.

[www.app.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:25

August 9

Unfortunately there has been a confirmed COVID case within the Counting Crows touring party. Out of an abundance of caution, we are postponing tonight’s show in Boston, as well as the Aug 10 show in Youngstown, OH. We’re working quickly to find new dates for these shows.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:26

August 10

From Tesla:

Attn: Fans
TESLA to postpone their next few engagements due to members of the touring party contracting COVID. The band look forward to returning to the road soon. Please check the official website TeslaTheBand.com for updates.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:28

August 12

Shakey Graves postponed shows scheduled for this week due to COVID-19 concerns:

Hey guys!

Look, the truth is that touring is back but it is certainly not back to normal. Playing shows makes me happier than ever before, but health concerns can not be denied.

I've chosen to postpone the next three shows in Wichita, KS (8/10), Kansas City, MO (8/11) and Oklahoma City, OK (8/12) so that our team can take a second to redesign our personal health and safety protocols and hopefully increase the safety of venue staff and especially you, the fans. On that note, please PLEASE do not come to shows if you are unvaccinated and/or feeling off. Also, wash your damn hands, and wear a mask at the show. I’m sorry about any inconvenience but we are figuring this out day by day. I hope you understand.

The August 10, 2021 show in Wichita, KS at Wave will be rescheduled to Friday, September 24, 2021
The August 11, 2021 show in Kansas City, MO at The Truman be rescheduled to Thursday, September 23, 2021
The August 12, 2021 show in Oklahoma City, OK at Tower Theatre OKC will be rescheduled to Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Your tickets will be valid for the new dates. If you are unable to make the new dates, refunds and/or more information will be available at your point of purchase.

Sg

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:29

August 12

From The String Cheese Incident:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:31

August 13

John Bell of Widespread Panic has tested positive for COVID-19:

Important Update: This weekend’s @acllive shows are being rescheduled for October 8-10, 2021.

See link for details >>

[widespreadpanic.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:33

August 13

From Wolf Van Halen:

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:34

August 14

Shakey Graves postponed three shows earlier this week and has now postponed the remaining August dates:

Hey folks,

Due to the current rise in the Delta variant I’ve decided to reschedule the rest of my August headline shows to later dates (TBA). My main concern is my team and the safety of every audience member and having shows right now just doesn’t feel right. Most venues and cities are starting to take the right precautions, but for the moment the stakes are too high, and hospital beds too few. The shows can be made up, be safe. I truly apologize for any inconveniences.

More info on the new date will be made available as soon as possible and your tickets will be honored for the new date. Please contact your point of purchase with any questions.

- love A

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:35

On the flip side, artists that are following Isbell (and others) lead are, imo, the ones that have gotten this thing right.
Just like the virus, that's subject to change with rising cases, but- someone like Neil Young pulling out because he would somehow feel responsible if someone were to catch the virus at the vax or proof Farm Aid, is absurd imo, and the wrong approach/message- caving to those that are unvaxxed, as opposed to banishing them from the event (or travel, entertainment, employment, etc).

The vax or proof requirement reduces the already minuscule chance that a vaxxed person is going to get seriously ill or die from attending a show substantially.
The rest is on the individual to consider.

I went to three fantastic Isbell/Lucinda shows in Austin.
I masked etc while traveling, took all the standard precautions, got tested when I returned, and essentially isolated myself from people outside my vaxxed family for the last week and a half. So worth the extremely small risk, as again, it's not the vaxxed people filling up the hospitals.

Date: August 20, 2021 14:35

August 16

From Pop Evil:

To our Evilz, we always want to be fully transparent with our fans and the status of our shows. All of our band members and crew have been vaccinated prior to us starting tour. Yesterday, and again this morning, Leigh Kakaty tested positive for COVID-19. Leigh wanted to make…
sure his test wasn’t a false positive before postponing any more shows. With his second positive test this afternoon, out of an abundance of caution, we will be postponing our shows and be back for our show in Virginia Beach on August 27.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:38

August 17

The String Cheese Incident has canceled some upcoming August shows and postponed others until 2022:

Please see our website for an important update on our August Tour Dates: [stringcheeseincident.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:40

August 17

Bluesfest cancelled for the second time in five months and a second year running

The Byron Bay festival will not go ahead for a second year after the statewide lockdown forced it to be cancelled for the second time this year.

Jack Mahony
August 17, 2021

[www.skynews.com.au]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:40

Jason Isbell on the Concert Biz’s Shift Toward Vaccination Mandates: ‘Some of Us Saw the Building Was on Fire’
In a Q&A, the rocker talks about why these requirements are essential to avoiding another live-music shutdown, why he credits capitalism for the move to adapt new measures, and why he engages adversaries on social media

Rocker Jason Isbell may usually have one of the funniest celebrity accounts on Twitter, but when it comes to his engagement with other users on subjects related to the COVID explosion in the last year and a half, it’s been no laughing matter — or at least a subject of acerbic gallows humor, at most. And he’s not just a social-media or magazine-profile warrior. In early August, he started putting his touring livelihood where his mouth is, declaring that henceforth only patrons who could show proof of vaccination could get in… even if that meant he had to cancel gigs at venues of festivals that can’t or won’t allow the requirement, which he has.

In the second week of August, that was a lonely stand to take. By the third week of the month, he had company, not just from some like-minded artists and venues, but from concert business giants AEG and Live Nation. The former promoter will be instituting a similar vaccinations-required policy for its owned-and-operated venues beginning in October; the latter will be requiring either a vax card or a recent negative test for its owned halls, arenas and amphitheaters. But the business — or the individual states — may have to learn some lessons the hard way before everyone joins Isbell in making this an industry-wide norm.

As the tide was dramatically turning last week, Variety spoke with Isbell for our story in the current issue, “For Those About to Vax: Why Vaccination Proof is Suddenly Becoming a New Standard for Concert Entry.” He’s an eloquent enough spokesperson for the emerging point of view on the way forward for the music industry that it felt worthwhile to break this conversation out into a separate
Q&A (in link)

"But if we can do it in a way that feels safe, like we did in Austin, everybody has a really good time. It felt fantastic, and it also felt hopeful. It felt like this is a way forward and maybe we can continue playing shows. And after the last year of sitting at home, nothing feels better than that kind of hope."
[variety.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:41

August 18

GARTH BROOKS CANCELS NEXT FIVE CITIES ON THE STADIUM TOUR THIS YEAR - TICKETMASTER WILL AUTOMATICALLY REFUND - NEW CONCERT DATES WILL BE SOUGHT IN 2022

LOS ANGELES- August 18th, 2021- Since restarting the tour in July, The Garth Brooks Stadium Tour has entertained over 300,000 fans across the first 5 cities. Now, with a new wave of the Covid-19 virus spreading across the nation, the tour has arrived at the very difficult decision of cancelling and refunding approximately 350,000 tickets in the tour's next 5 cities.

For ticket holders, no action is required to obtain a refund; Ticketmaster will issue a refund to the original method of payment used at time of purchase.

"In July, I sincerely thought the pandemic was falling behind us. Now, watching this new wave, I realize we are still in the fight and I must do my part. I have asked the wonderful cities of Cincinnati and Charlotte to wait too long and I don't want to now do that same thing to the great folks in Boston and Baltimore. As far as Nashville, we are looking for a make up date from the July rain out and though this is not COVID related, to make them wait makes me sad, as well. So, it is with a heavy heart we announce the decision to cancel all 5 shows but with a hopeful heart, we will reschedule and start over when this wave seems to be behind us," said Garth Brooks.

The 5 concert locations being cancelled are Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, scheduled for September 18th, Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, scheduled for September 25th, M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, scheduled forOctober 2nd, Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, scheduled for October 9th and Nissan Stadium in Nashville which has not been rescheduled yet.

"The joy I have seen in everyone's faces as live music returns has been more than worth our constant diligence to maintain safety protocols not only for the fans, but for our band, the crew and the hard working staff in these stadiums. Their dedication to safety for the people who fill those seats has been a miracle to watch and a blessing to receive. I am truly grateful."

A spokesperson for the tour said the team will continue to monitor the virus' impact and watch how schools, sports, and other entertainment entities are handling this stage of the pandemic. "I'm sincerely hoping we are back on tour before the year's end," said Brooks. "With that said, the most important thing to me is fulfilling my end of the Stadium Tour by making sure every show is doable before putting tickets on sale (that is why we pulled the Seattle on sale) and making sure the environment these people are trading their time and money to put themselves into is not only the best experience ever, but also the safest one we can provide."

[garthbrooks.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:42

August 18

From MetLife Stadium in NJ:

LADY GAGA – POSTPONED TO 2022

Lady Gaga's Chromatica Ball show scheduled for August 19, 2021 at MetLife Stadium has been postponed. Information on new show dates will be shared as soon as possible.

[www.metlifestadium.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:43

August 18

Brad Paisley's 9/5 concert on the Ocean City MD beach has been postponed due to "sponsor concerns":

Brad Paisley - Postponed

September 5, 2021

[www.ococean.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:44

August 18

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:46

August 18

From Neil Young:

A Message From Neil

Farmaid and the Pandemic

8-18-21
Lots is going on in our world right now. I find myself wondering whether Farmaid will be safe for everyone with the Covid pandemic surging. I worry about that. I don’t want to let anybody down, but still can’t shake the feeling that it might not be safe for everyone. I worry about audiences coming together in these times. The show is sold out.

All you people who can’t go to a concert because you still don’t feel safe, I stand with you. I don’t want you to see me playing and think it’s safe now. I don’t want to play until you feel safe, and it is indeed, safe.

My soul tells me it would be wrong to risk having anyone die because they wanted to hear music and be with friends.

No matter where you are. I am with you. Do what you must, but think it through. We will be back. There is much work to do together.

Since we know vaccinated people can catch and spread Covid, I worry about the children who could become infected after Farmaid, just by being with someone, maybe a parent, who caught the virus at Farmaid and didn't know it. There are already too many children in hospitals.

While I respect Willie, John and Dave's decisions to stick with it and play, I am not of the same mind. It is a tough call.

As time passes, I hope the path ahead will become clear. be well love ny

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:48

August 19

Hardly Strictly Everywhere 2021

After consultation with our team of COVID safety advisors, and in close communication with City Of San Francisco, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass has reached the difficult conclusion that we are not able to hold the festival in Golden Gate Park this year; we can’t waver from our mission of providing the safest and most magical musical environment, with all the care and consideration for our festivalgoers and artists, that has been at the heart of Hardly Strictly for over two decades.

We are delighted to bring you Come What May - Hardly Strictly Everywhere 2021.

27 sets. Three days of performances. All live-streamed on hardlystrictlybluegrass.com, facebook.com/hardlystrictlybluegrass, and youtube.com/user/hsbfest. Tune in October 1, 2, 3 starting each day at 1pm PT/4pm ET to see this year's fantastic line-up, brought to you *live* from the Bay Area, with additional sets filmed in New Orleans and SF earlier this year. Invite your friends and join us!

[www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:49

August 19

Tonight’s Kings of Leon show at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH is unfortunately postponed due to an individual on the band’s team testing positive for COVID. More information about show dates will be made available ASAP.

[twitter.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:51

August 19

REO Speedwagon postponed their 8/17 show and have announced additional postponements:

[twitter.com]

Attention Helena, MT and Hampton Beach, NH fans!

written by REO Speedwagon August 19, 2021

Attention Helena, MT and Hampton Beach, NH fans!

The REO Speedwagon concert originally scheduled for August 21, 2021 in Helena, MT has been rescheduled to September 13, 2021 to allow additional time for some of the REO touring family to recover from COVID-19. Please hold on to your tickets as they will be honored for the new date. [helenamt.showare.com]

Additionally, the concert originally scheduled for August 24, 2021 in Hampton Beach, NH has also been postponed. We are working to get a rescheduled date. As soon as we have the new date, ticket holders will have the option to request a full refund or keep their seats for the newly scheduled show. [casinoballroom.com]

Stay safe & get vaccinated everyone!

[reospeedwagon.com]

Date: August 20, 2021 14:51

August 19

BTS confirm the cancellation of all dates for their postponed 'Map of the Soul' world tour

[www.allkpop.com]

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:00

[bringmethenews.com]

“DSL Dire Straits Legacy will no longer be performing at the Minnesota State Fair this year.
The Fair confirmed to Bring Me The News that the group had travel issues coming back from Europe, so had to cancel their Aug. 26 and Aug. 27 shows at the Leinie Lodge Bandshell Stage.”

Minnesota State Fair runs from Aug 26 to Sept 6

Statement from the band:
"As the majority of the band live in the UK and Europe, we found it extremely difficult to clear the red tape that would have allowed us to return to the U.S. and perform the Dire Straits music we all so dearly love. We are extremely disappointed and saddened by this unfortunate turn of events.” said the band in a statement. “We certainly plan to do our best to tour the U.S. in 2022.”

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:22

There's some good news in all this mess: Tha artists mentioned above and their managements are taking the Covid issue very seriously, as the bands and the touring Crew are tested regularly/daily, as it seems.
Very responsible.

Over here in Germany, Elton Johns arena shows, scheduled for October 2020, postponed to Sep/Oct 2021 have now been rescheduled to May 2023 (!). Yes, 2023 that is.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home