Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17
Cancelations due to Covid 19 - other bands and acts
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2021 11:26

There are other bands and acts who cancel their shows and tours in USA this fall due to Covid-19. Please post any non-Stones cancellations here.

If you want to discuss covid-19, then the following thread is about that:

Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world

For the Stones US Tour 2021, please use this thread:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 13:11 by bv.

OT: Garth Brooks Cancel's remainder of 2021 tour due to Delta varient
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 18, 2021 23:33

Just saw this headline - wonder if other's will follow?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: Garth Brooks Cancel's remainder of 2021 tour due to Delta varient
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 23:47

I think it is almost a certainty the tour will be cancelled/postponed. At this point of their careers I do not think the Stones will want to take the negative heat for carrying on if this Delta variant keeps raging.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 18, 2021 23:56

Garth was scheduled to play Charlotte stadium Sept. 25. Stones scheduled for Sept. 30th

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 19, 2021 00:29

Garth also was going play same nashville stadium

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 00:31

A couple of weeks ago he was saying that masks would be required but now it's an outright cancellation. I'm sure the dominos will start falling with other major tours. Stevie Nicks cancelled hers last week.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 19, 2021 00:40

Garth Brooks audience are unlikely to easily go along with the new concert protocols. The Rolling Stones audience are much more likely to agree to things like mandatory vaccination/negative tests, and masks. I don’t agree with postponing to 2022, because there’s no reason to believe we won’t be in the same situation or worse next summer. Covid is here to stay. Please e either find a way to make these things happen with Covid in play, or we accept a future without large events.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:16

I don't think others will cancel tours based on what Garth does. Stevie Nicks had 5 festival dates. Hardly a "tour".

Those festivals haven't cancelled except for Jazzfest. All of those other dates are still on and there are huge artists still scheduled to play---from George Strait to the Foo Fighters.

Date: August 19, 2021 01:24

Major tours still scheduled:

Eagles
Foo Fighters
Guns N Roses
James Taylor/Jackson Browne
KISS
Harry Styles
Billie Eilish
Dave Mathhews
Steely Dan
Doobie Bros 50th Anniversary
etc..

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:36

And college and pro football are scheduled for full stadiums with no talk of that not being the case. And it starts up in less than 2 weeks. Stones will roll unless something happens in their camp. Otherwise, start me up!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:37

podiumboy
Garth Brooks audience are unlikely to easily go along with the new concert protocols. The Rolling Stones audience are much more likely to agree to things like mandatory vaccination/negative tests, and masks. I don’t agree with postponing to 2022, because there’s no reason to believe we won’t be in the same situation or worse next summer. Covid is here to stay. Please e either find a way to make these things happen with Covid in play, or we accept a future without large events.

If this board is representative, the Garth crowd isn't any less agreeable to masks and vaccinations than the Rolling Stones crowd. The routing of both tours includes many shows in the Covid hot zones. Time will tell who made the correct decision.

Date: August 19, 2021 01:47

I'm not much of a fan of Garth, but this seems like the smart thing to do. Having said that, I'll be amazed if the Stones (or most any other major act) don't at least postpone their dates.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 19, 2021 02:21

Well you should already be amazed then Beforetheymakemerun because there are already a number of major tours out on the road including ones in Kv2915's list above.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2021 02:34

Incredible how many US tours and shows are continuously being postponed or canceled... Garth. Lady Gaga, Brad Paisley, the Cadillac Three...and that's just from today....

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 19, 2021 03:10

King Crimson's US Tour has (so far) been proceeding as scheduled. Next show: 23 Aug, Saratoga Spring NY.

--- OK, they don't play stadiums ...

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 19, 2021 03:34

A lot of bands and their entourage are in a sink-or-swim situation, where if they don't tour, a lot of people will lose their shirts. Garth Brooks & Co. can probably handle it financially, but other bands cannot.

I pulled this from another site, I don't think they're just fearmongering.

"I have to wonder if the general concert going demographic really has an idea what is at stake here. I've been in contact with a number of people within the industry and they are really, really scared that this is the end of touring as we know it. A large number of bands realize that their current tours are all that stands between them and bankruptcy. They don't want to tour but there is no more money unless they finish out tours that were booked previously to the rise of the Delta variant. If they pull out now, not only do they still have to pay their contract workers, they forfeit their advance money AND have to pay out contractual penalties so they will end up in worse shape than if they didn't start a tour in the first place. Tough situation for a lot of people. One of the financial guys I know said that if everyone doesn't get vaccinated and strict entry protocols aren't enacted for everyone, at least 50% of the performers that are out there will have to leave the business and do something else for a living."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2021 04:09

kv2915
Major tours still scheduled:

Eagles
Foo Fighters
Guns N Roses
James Taylor/Jackson Browne
KISS
Harry Styles
Billie Eilish
Dave Mathhews
Steely Dan
Doobie Bros 50th Anniversary
etc..

Yeah...but a quick glance at the list and I'd be a hard pass on any of those acts.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 19, 2021 04:09

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I'm not much of a fan of Garth, but this seems like the smart thing to do. Having said that, I'll be amazed if the Stones (or most any other major act) don't at least postpone their dates.

Postpone to when? To a time when Covid doesn't exist? Good luck with that.

This is our new normal. There won't come a magical time in the summer of 2022 where we no longer have to worry about Covid, and all the concerts can just go ahead without any worries.

Just get vaccinated, wear a mask if necessary, and rock on! That's the only way forward.

Date: August 19, 2021 04:26

timmyj3
I think it is almost a certainty the tour will be cancelled/postponed. At this point of their careers I do not think the Stones will want to take the negative heat for carrying on if this Delta variant keeps raging.

That is probably very close to the truth of the matter. But they'll wait a little while longer for better cover. They win no prizes tossing in the towel first, plus if things change for the better they look ballsy and genius.

Date: August 19, 2021 06:00

NFL stadiums will be full. College football stadiums too.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 19, 2021 06:01

mosthigh
A lot of bands and their entourage are in a sink-or-swim situation, where if they don't tour, a lot of people will lose their shirts. Garth Brooks & Co. can probably handle it financially, but other bands cannot.

"I have to wonder if the general concert going demographic really has an idea what is at stake here. I've been in contact with a number of people within the industry and they are really, really scared that this is the end of touring as we know it. A large number of bands realize that their current tours are all that stands between them and bankruptcy. They don't want to tour but there is no more money unless they finish out tours that were booked previously to the rise of the Delta variant. If they pull out now, not only do they still have to pay their contract workers, they forfeit their advance money AND have to pay out contractual penalties so they will end up in worse shape than if they didn't start a tour in the first place. Tough situation for a lot of people. One of the financial guys I know said that if everyone doesn't get vaccinated and strict entry protocols aren't enacted for everyone, at least 50% of the performers that are out there will have to leave the business and do something else for a living."

I would be happy if 90% of the performers out there find something else to do for a living. Are you listening KISS?

Date: August 19, 2021 06:14

TornAndFried
mosthigh

I would be happy if 90% of the performers out there find something else to do for a living. Are you listening KISS?

Yeah well that just isn't a very nice sentiment, and just for that, KISS will be one of the ones that make it. You know it's true.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:01

Just for that, they are now gonna get that KISS guy to sub for Mick.

jb

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:19

Neil Young just pulled out of Farm Aid over Covid concerns

[pitchfork.com]

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 19, 2021 08:26

To be transparent, the quote mosthigh pulled from vivalazone.org (formerly known as philzone.org, a message board for fans of Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh) is from one of the most alarmist posters on that site. They may have some valid points and insight, but they also have a well chronicled track record of invalid, panicky assumptions.

It's too bad that Neil Young pulled out of Farm Aid, but the event is still planned to go on. Neil is most likely playing it safe as he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore. He probably has a few of the cormobidities that place him at a higher risk. There's a reason his nickname is Shakey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 08:30 by Javadave.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 19, 2021 19:13

Keep in mind Garth Brooks doesn't tour as we understand it. He plays solitary events with low cost tickets in stadiums where most top acts can't even fill the arena. This is all gravy and a fun night out for him (remember he "retired" in 2000?). He can just walk away.

And if you want to go to events now, there is no better time to buy tickets. Between antivaxxers on one side and Delta on the other, prices are crashing and sales are moribund. I mean people are buying for further out but you don't wanna be stuck with tickets the day or even the week of.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 19, 2021 19:24

treaclefingers
timmyj3

That is probably very close to the truth of the matter. But they'll wait a little while longer for better cover. They win no prizes tossing in the towel first, plus if things change for the better they look ballsy and genius.

When things change for the better they will have been ballsy and genius. winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2021 23:14

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
timmyj3

When things change for the better they will have been ballsy and genius. winking smiley

You just wanted to say ballsy and genius. It's ok, I'll give you that. I also wanted to say ballsy and genius again.

There, 'ballsy and genius'.

Sounds nice.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:41

Saw KISS last night and had an amazing time. They put on a fantastic show!

Date: August 20, 2021 01:41

gavin95
Saw KISS last night and had an amazing time. They put on a fantastic show!

and you're SHOUTing it OUT LOUD! smileys with beer

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home