Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's Only Rock'n Roll deluxe versions next or what?
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 19, 2021 20:44

I like that record so I'm hoping something special for that...

Do you know what might be the next one?

Re: It's Only Rock'n Roll deluxe versions next or what?
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 20:48

rollingon

I really look forward to a remastered and expanded (5LP) version of Dirty Work winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2021 20:53

jackflash27
rollingon

I really look forward to a remastered and expanded (5LP) version of Dirty Work winking smiley

That would be too dirty...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 19, 2021 20:54

Gosh, is there a post ABKCO era Stones album of any prominence? IORR isn't a biggie.

Date: August 19, 2021 21:01

24FPS
Gosh, is there a post ABKCO era Stones album of any prominence? IORR isn't a biggie.

Dance Little Sister is a biggie IMHO.

Date: August 19, 2021 21:07

And "Time Waits For No One" is a very special Stones song... Mick Taylor playing is absolutely beautiful on that one. I like the whole record very much. The overall sound and feeling is great. GHS is more special album though I must admit.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:09

I still think Giles Martin should remix it. He did a great job with GHS

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:37

I think TY will be the last Special Edition we get. But if they were gonna do one more I'd say Voodoo Lounge perhaps.

Date: August 19, 2021 23:49

TumblinDice76
I think TY will be the last Special Edition we get. But if they were gonna do one more I'd say Voodoo Lounge perhaps.

Voodoo Lounge is already a retread, a conscious attempt by what was left of the Stones, to sound like the Stones. It's certainly not Golden Era stuff. As good as Dirty Work, better than Undercover, but still sub par.

Date: August 20, 2021 00:20

Tattoo You was also a retread and yet here we go in October. Just can't see them faking enough excitement for IORR, B&B, ER, or Undercover.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:59

24FPS
TumblinDice76

Voodoo Lounge is already a retread, a conscious attempt by what was left of the Stones, to sound like the Stones. It's certainly not Golden Era stuff. As good as Dirty Work, better than Undercover, but still sub par.

eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:15

I would prefer a Bridges to Babylon orUndercover

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:41

I was just wondering about when a Black & Blue deluxe version would be coming. I would think they could put something interesting together and that was an album that I really liked. I know a lot of people do not agree.

IORR on the other hand really really needs a way better mix or a deluxe edition would do little for me. Its kind of full of weak songs to my ear. Title track the definite exception.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:59

jbwelda
I was just wondering about when a Black & Blue deluxe version would be coming. I would think they could put something interesting together and that was an album that I really liked. I know a lot of people do not agree.

IORR on the other hand really really needs a way better mix or a deluxe edition would do little for me. Its kind of full of weak songs to my ear. Title track the definite exception.

jb

Don't like Time Waits for No One, or Til the Next Time We Say Goodbye?

I've always quite liked IORR as an album, Short and Curlies notwithstanding.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:21

TumblinDice76

I agree that I think TY will most likely be the last of the deluxe-album sets. If they were to do another, however, I would guess it could be Steel Wheels. Not because it's considered a classic or iconic album, but moreso that it was billed as a comeback for the band (it really did seem the band would break up after Dirty Work, and it was euphoric when they came together again). Plus, SW had some interesting outtakes that deserve to receive a greater status, such as their cover of "For Your Precious Love".

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:27

Bridges to Babylon needs a super deluxe based on the outstanding tracks on Fully Finished Studio Outtakes!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:39

24FPS

Sticky? Exile? GHS?

Rod

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 20, 2021 06:01

treaclefingers
jbwelda

jb

Everything sounds kind of funny on that LP, exception the title track which fairly jumps out of your speakers at you. Those songs you mentioned are amongst the best on there but still doesn't really do it for me. Maybe I would like it more with a decent remix if such a thing exists anymore.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:32

jbwelda
treaclefingers
jbwelda

jb

Everything sounds kind of funny on that LP, exception the title track which fairly jumps out of your speakers at you. Those songs you mentioned are amongst the best on there but still doesn't really do it for me. Maybe I would like it more with a decent remix if such a thing exists anymore.

jb

I don't disagree with you reL the mix...but would also counter that if we got this selection of songs as a new release right now our collective minds would be blown.

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: August 20, 2021 11:08

TTY Deluxe seems like the final look on the 70's unfinished/unreleased material. We may get an 80's deluxe package though.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 20, 2021 11:19

Black & Blue would be a great subject for a deluxe edition. You could promote it as "The Great Guitarist Hunt" and maybe even Jeff Beck finally agrees that some of his contributions can be used.
Just speculating, but the total absence of B&B-era bonus tracks on Tattoo You deluxe might be a hint that they are already toying with the idea as well (if Come To The Ball turns out to be from the Black & Blue-sessions, then quickly forget my theory).

N

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:00

Yeah, can't see IORR happening now with LITHOL and "Drift Away" being used for TY. What's left ? "Slow Down and Stop" the "Georgio Moroder Jams" once mentioned by Peter Dogget in RC, maybe "English Rose" and "Man Eating Woman", but all we know about these tracks is that they were played back (or so it seems) in Rotterdam in 75.

And yes, the "Great Guitarist Hunt" angle could definitely work both for them and the public, see how much mileage they (tried) to get out of the Page/Scarlet connection last year.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:39

Windmill, Traveling Man, Hillside Blues , Nellacote Instrumental,Moroder Jams, Separately, Red Blood Wine, Zipmouth Angeland anything from the Bridges to Babylon sessions including Baby Face’s Already Over Me mix

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 13:54 by Taylor1.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 20, 2021 19:48

I think that Tattoo You is the last deluxe version. Anyway, i hope for a Voodoo Lounge deluxe with "Honest Man", " Zip Mouth Angel", "You got it made", "Randy Whore", "Cocaine Blues"....

Date: August 20, 2021 19:58

Don't forget Jump on top of Me!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 20, 2021 20:01

Bashlets

I still think Giles Martin should remix it. He did a great job with GHS

He destroyed the dark menacing atmosphere, he made it too clean, gone that fearful scream at Dancing With Mr. D.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 20, 2021 20:18

With Tattoo You, I believe the Stones have now covered all the truly essential post Decca-era studio albums. I don’t really know whether any others would genuinely warrant the deluxe treatment; as much as I would love for it to happen.

Date: August 20, 2021 20:50

bitusa2012
24FPS

Sticky? Exile? GHS?

Those were already done. I meant of what remains. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 20, 2021 21:18

rollingon

With the three known finished outtakes from those sessions getting released on Tattoo You Deluxe (an album they may not have even been originally shortlisted for), its a safe bet that an expanded IORR is a non starter.

There are a few albums that could be expanded and reissued based on the amount of material recorded - Emotional Rescue, Undercover, Dirty Work, Voodoo Lounge and (at a push) Steel Wheels - but they're all 'minor' Stones albums and its hard to see it, unless the band choose to put out some kind of multi disc set covering a long period of years instead of rewriting their history to include songs on expanded reissues that were never recorded for those albums to begin with.

That's five of these reissues now in the last decade. Hard to guess where they can go next with this formula unless something can be worked out with ABKCO, because you'd imagine that one for the 1968-69 period would be the most obvious one commercially.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2021 21:51

Taylor1
Moroder Jams

I wouldn't put much stock into this.
Imho the band jammed with "Mr. Eurodisco" for less than honorable reasons (he probably "bought" the right to play with them by offering them free studio time... or a few grams of a pulverulent substance).

The musical quality of this "session" must amount to nothing.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home