Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Guitar shot at by Keith Richards to go under the hammer,,
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:37

Especially when they got the guns and all you got are the words.

Just wait till they find out about knives and baseball bats.

jb

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:18

rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage
The equation is pretty easy: The more guns in circulation the more shootings and killing around. You may feel safer owning a gun in such a state but in reality you're not.

That is a very easy equation to follow! ... however many cannot follow it, it seems.

I can't believe nobody has thought of that! How would you suggest implementing your equation i.e. implementing the confiscation of multiple millions of guns?

Many ways to go about it, but it can't be done without a beginning. No one is naïve enough to think it would be done in a day...

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 23, 2021 22:24

LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage
The equation is pretty easy: The more guns in circulation the more shootings and killing around. You may feel safer owning a gun in such a state but in reality you're not.

That is a very easy equation to follow! ... however many cannot follow it, it seems.

I can't believe nobody has thought of that! How would you suggest implementing your equation i.e. implementing the confiscation of multiple millions of guns?

Many ways to go about it, but it can't be done without a beginning. No one is naïve enough to think it would be done in a day...

Really? Many ways to go about it? Name just one.

Date: August 23, 2021 22:32

rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

don't know google? ... buybacks/guns for cash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 23, 2021 22:43

...with all the bullets
an hammers there'll be no guitar left

ROCKMAN

Date: August 23, 2021 22:46

LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

AND...how's that working? Did you Google that answer, by the way?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 22:47 by rbk.

Date: August 23, 2021 23:02

rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

How's what working? ... they haven't implemented any methods yet for banning guns. Are you mixing up conversations?

... although one thing they have tried is not banning guns. How's that working, btw?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 23:09 by LeonidP.

Date: August 24, 2021 01:21

The truth is, unless it is made so absolutely hot to own a gun, like for instance the penalty being summary execution on the spot, they are always going to be in circulation. Heroin, for instance, has been outlawed for quite some time, and yet, incredibly...

Whats that old saying, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

Anyway, well, its a deep subject.

jb

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 24, 2021 09:50

lem motlow
It amazes me sometimes what a flaming douchebag Keith is.
The dumbest gun owners are the guys who try to act cool with a weapon, you don’t use them to shoot golf balls or guitars to show everybody how wild you are and you don’t leave them laying around your junkie wife’s house so some depressed kid can blow his brains out.
Fckng thing should be in one of two places, in your hand at a shooting range or in a gun safe.
If you have a carry permit it comes out for one reason- you use it or die.
What a clown.

Care to expand or explain that about Patti?

plexi

Date: August 24, 2021 09:52

rbk
lem motlow
The dumbest gun owners are the guys who try to act cool with a weapon, you don’t use them to shoot golf balls or guitars to show everybody how wild you are and you don’t leave them laying around your junkie wife’s house so some depressed kid can blow his brains out.
Fckng thing should be in one of two places, in your hand at a shooting range or in a gun safe.
What a clown.

Thank you.

Responsible gun use should be taught to kids as a life skill, like swimming or riding a bike. If, later in life, they choose not to include guns in their life that is entirely their prerogative. It would go a long way towards eliminating the irrational fear of an inanimate object (the gun) as well as the immature fascination with gun play found among urban (gangbanger) and country (militia) kids.

Keith Richards has only ever been a bad-ass because he always has a bodyguard in shouting distance.

not in the early days.

plexi

Date: August 24, 2021 09:59

I own a gun for one purpose and one purpose only -- to hunt deer and occasionally antelope.

plexi

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 24, 2021 12:18

LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

How's what working? ... they haven't implemented any methods yet for banning guns. Are you mixing up conversations?

... although one thing they have tried is not banning guns. How's that working, btw?

Handguns are banned where I live. There is very little gun crime.

Date: August 24, 2021 13:34

teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

So, criminals still have guns but normal, honest people, by law, have no way to defend themselves? How enlightened and progressive can you get? Wow!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 13:37 by rbk.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2021 13:37

Why would they damage the guitar even more with a hammer? smoking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 24, 2021 13:46

lem motlow
What a clown.
I work in a city and I am surrounded by hillbillies from the boonies that of course all of them are licensed to carry and this seems exactly to be there sentiment as far as how "responsible " gun owners behave and it describes them to a T . Most of them are ex military . One close friend who is licensed to carry from having his business who deals with bank deposits and such is the same way all business( as he has a full conceled carry permit) and doesn't play around as he takes security very seriously . We had an event that 4 of us attended this past Saturday and I asked him if he had his protection with him ? and of course he did .

Date: August 24, 2021 15:53

rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

So, criminals still have guns but normal, honest people, by law, have no way to defend themselves? How enlightened and progressive can you get? Wow!

Sorry, you have misunderstood. Neither "criminals" nor "law abiding citizens" have guns. That is why there is very little gun crime. Pretty enlightened, if you ask me. Certainly very little chance of getting shot.

Date: August 24, 2021 16:21

<How enlightened and progressive can you get? Wow!>

There is a reason why most countries in the world do this, and that's exactly why there is way less gun crimes, too.

It's not progressive, it's common sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 16:21 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 24, 2021 17:21

timbernardis
I own a gun for one purpose and one purpose only -- to hunt deer and occasionally antelope.
plexi

Many people own a gun for one purpose ... until they decide to use it for a different purpose.

Date: August 24, 2021 17:27

teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

Sorry, you have misunderstood. Neither "criminals" nor "law abiding citizens" have guns. That is why there is very little gun crime. Pretty enlightened, if you ask me. Certainly very little chance of getting shot.

So, if criminals don't have guns in your utopia who is committing the "very little gun crime" to which you refer?

Date: August 24, 2021 17:33

timbernardis

plexi

I see. So, if criminals were breaking into your home and threatening you and your family you would leave your deer rifle locked in the gun safe as said criminal, while dangerous, is not an antelope? BTW, your deer rifle IS locked responsibly in a safe, right? RIGHT?

Date: August 24, 2021 17:34

rbk
teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

So, if criminals don't have guns in your utopia who is committing the "very little gun crime" to which you refer?

Don't know myself, but the "very little" seems significant, no?

Date: August 24, 2021 17:43

LeonidP
rbk
teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

Significant enough that honest, hardworking people should be allowed to defend themselves, yes?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2021 17:52

Please take your gun discussion somewhere else.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 24, 2021 18:51

Cooltoplady
Its funny that Keith has all these handguns without a permit. Those are felony charges.

I don't know about permits, but I do know that after Lennon's assassination more rock stars started to carry guns in agreement with local police forces. Also on the 1972 and 1975 tour there was threat from Hells Angels in revenge for Altamont, and apparently not only security had guns.

Mathijs

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:04

timbernardis
lem motlow
What a clown.

Care to expand or explain that about Patti?

plexi

On 20th July 1979, a 17-year-old boy, Scott Cantrell, shot himself in the head in Pallenberg's bed with a gun owned by Keith Richards, while at the South Salem, New York, house shared by Richards and Pallenberg. The youth had been employed as a part-time groundsman at the estate and was involved in a sexual relationship with Pallenberg. Richards was in Paris recording with the Rolling Stones, but his son was at the house when the teen killed himself. Pallenberg was arrested; however, the death was ruled a suicide in 1980, despite rumours that she and Cantrell had been playing a game of Russian roulette. The police investigation stated that Pallenberg was not on the same floor of the house at the time the fatal shot was fired.

Date: August 24, 2021 19:11

rbk
LeonidP
rbk
teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

Significant enough that honest, hardworking people should be allowed to defend themselves, yes?

Sorry, but you don't seem to agree that very little gun crime is a good thing. Here it tends to manifest itself within the criminal fraternity and is not a threat to "honest hardworking people". And I repeat - there is very little gun crime. I have worked in the Criminal Justice System for over thirty years; mine is a professional opinion, not a Utopian aspiration. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:17

Mathijs
Cooltoplady
Its funny that Keith has all these handguns without a permit. Those are felony charges.

I don't know about permits, but I do know that after Lennon's assassination more rock stars started to carry guns in agreement with local police forces. Also on the 1972 and 1975 tour there was threat from Hells Angels in revenge for Altamont, and apparently not only security had guns.

Mathijs

Depends what state in 2021. In Keith’s home state of Conn. it is a felony. It’s more charges if you cross state line if you don’t have the proper permit regardless if you have a permit in your residing state. I don’t know what citizen status Keith has in the USA but believe me if is ever caught, his drug charged from Canada will look petty compared to 2021 gun charges

Date: August 24, 2021 19:27

What makes you think Keith has guns illegally? Has he been convicted of a felony that precludes gun ownership? Seems to me he is the ideal candidate to get a concealed carry permit. I do not know but I would think it really foolish for a man of his stature and notoriety to go around carrying unregistered or illegal firearms.

PS: If I were to actually shoot something other than targets or cans with my guns, it would not be a non-human animal. I do not need to hunt to eat and that is the only excuse in my mind to shoot a living being. Some @#$%& trying to break into my house, on the other hand, that would be a different story. I personally hold non-human animals in much more regard and with much more respect than human beings, I am afraid. If that makes me a sociopath, then it is what history and my life has taught me.

jb

Date: August 24, 2021 19:35

rbk
LeonidP
rbk
teleblaster
rbk
teleblaster
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
rbk
LeonidP
Stoneage

Defend from who? Is there a guarantee of only 1 attacker? I consider myself honest, hardworking, so I should be allowed to thus own a submachine gun, to ward off a posse, no?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:54

jbwelda
What makes you think Keith has guns illegally? Has he been convicted of a felony that precludes gun ownership? Seems to me he is the ideal candidate to get a concealed carry permit. I do not know but I would think it really foolish for a man of his stature and notoriety to go around carrying unregistered or illegal firearms.

PS: If I were to actually shoot something other than targets or cans with my guns, it would not be a non-human animal. I do not need to hunt to eat and that is the only excuse in my mind to shoot a living being. Some @#$%& trying to break into my house, on the other hand, that would be a different story. I personally hold non-human animals in much more regard and with much more respect than human beings, I am afraid. If that makes me a sociopath, then it is what history and my life has taught me.

Because a gun permit can not be granted in Conn with a conviction. State law. And also he is not an American Citizen. He cannot process a hand gun. That’s a federal law. If he lived in Texas that would be another story. Conn and NY have very strict gun laws

jb

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home