Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Guitar shot at by Keith Richards to go under the hammer,,
Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: August 18, 2021 19:46

I read Woody said he owned this Gibson I wonder if he's selling it or is it one of his kids or Jo ,

[www.msn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 19:47 by usetobesampeg.

Re: Guitar shot at by Keith Richards to go under the hammer,,
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 19:54

Here as well.....

IORR

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 18, 2021 19:56

“Richards was so mad that they took his guitar that he grabbed it, sandwiched it between two pillows, took out a gun and shot it."

How is it that every Keith story that would seem cool if he did it off the cuff as one would imagine, instead turns out to be him going through ridiculous lengths of preparation? "I wanna make a point that makes me look batshit crazy, get me a couple of pillows"

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: August 18, 2021 19:57

VoodooLounge13
Here as well.....

IORR
Sorry I did look but I missed it,,

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 18, 2021 20:44

Its funny that Keith has all these handguns without a permit. Those are felony charges.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:43

It amazes me sometimes what a flaming douchebag Keith is.
The dumbest gun owners are the guys who try to act cool with a weapon, you don’t use them to shoot golf balls or guitars to show everybody how wild you are and you don’t leave them laying around your junkie wife’s house so some depressed kid can blow his brains out.
Fckng thing should be in one of two places, in your hand at a shooting range or in a gun safe.
If you have a carry permit it comes out for one reason- you use it or die.
What a clown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 08:16 by lem motlow.

Date: August 19, 2021 11:50

I am glad in my country firearms trade is forbidden. Nobody can buy or sell one (except for hunting under legal procedures).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:26

A 1952 guitar?
Aren't there laws against the profanation of such historic items?

Well it's getting clearer and clearer why Mick mingles with Keef as little as possible...

Look at the 3rd pic associated with another auctioned guitar :

[gottahaverockandroll.com]

Keef looks loaded beyond loaded and just about to self-combust...

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:54

[gottahaverockandroll.com]

a Fender guitar ??????

come on, if you want $$$$$$ you could at least identify a guitar correctrly,

Resotele

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2021 18:14

You're right!
Who cares? They buy it for speculation. If they could leave the item at the auction house's after they got it they would.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 19, 2021 18:28

emotionalbarbecue
I am glad in my country firearms trade is forbidden. Nobody can buy or sell one (except for hunting under legal procedures).

I sure am glad I don't live in your country, whatever that country may be. For that reason at least.

jb

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 19, 2021 19:07

The equation is pretty easy: The more guns in circulation the more shootings and killing around. You may feel safer owning a gun in such a state but in reality you're not.

Date: August 20, 2021 00:20

lem motlow
The dumbest gun owners are the guys who try to act cool with a weapon, you don’t use them to shoot golf balls or guitars to show everybody how wild you are and you don’t leave them laying around your junkie wife’s house so some depressed kid can blow his brains out.
Fckng thing should be in one of two places, in your hand at a shooting range or in a gun safe.
What a clown.

Yeah everybody think what a cool guy he is. But you add up stories like these he's just an a hole.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:25

.... wait till ya get ta Ted Nugent

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 20, 2021 22:44

If it had been Ted Nugent, the arrow would possibly still be in the guitar. Might even raise the price ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 22, 2021 04:06

Nikkei
“Richards was so mad that they took his guitar that he grabbed it, sandwiched it between two pillows, took out a gun and shot it."

How is it that every Keith story that would seem cool if he did it off the cuff as one would imagine, instead turns out to be him going through ridiculous lengths of preparation? "I wanna make a point that makes me look batshit crazy, get me a couple of pillows"

Splinter protection? If you’re gonna shoot the guitar you want minimal mess I suppose grinning smiley

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:32

At least that extra (sound)hole didn't affect the sound of the guitar that sounded and played great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 20:31 by Roadster32.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 22, 2021 17:47

usetobesampeg
I read Woody said he owned this Gibson I wonder if he's selling it or is it one of his kids or Jo- [www.msn.com]

Keith was copying Elvis who shot a TV set.

Along with his snarling baritone and swiveling hips, Elvis Presley apparently was known for his gunslinging. The story goes that as he watched singer Robert Goulet performing on television one night, he shot out the screen of his 25-inch RCA TV. "There was nothing Elvis had against Robert Goulet. They were friends,” Kevin Kern, a spokesman for Presley’s home and museum Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, told the Associated Press in 2006. “But Elvis just shot out things on a random basis.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 17:48 by triceratops.

Date: August 22, 2021 18:49

This world today: just cannot have any fun anymore.

jb

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 22, 2021 21:03

lem motlow
What a clown.

Thank you.

Responsible gun use should be taught to kids as a life skill, like swimming or riding a bike. If, later in life, they choose not to include guns in their life that is entirely their prerogative. It would go a long way towards eliminating the irrational fear of an inanimate object (the gun) as well as the immature fascination with gun play found among urban (gangbanger) and country (militia) kids.

Keith Richards has only ever been a bad-ass because he always has a bodyguard in shouting distance.

Date: August 22, 2021 21:23

Gun use should, of course, not be taught to children at all. Only military personell, police officers, security personell, hunters and likewise should own, or handle guns.
The less guns circulating in a society the better. I know the US perspective is different but this is the situation in all other civilised countries in the Western world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 21:25 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:07

rbk
lem motlow
What a clown.

Thank you.

Responsible gun use should be taught to kids as a life skill, like swimming or riding a bike. If, later in life, they choose not to include guns in their life that is entirely their prerogative. It would go a long way towards eliminating the irrational fear of an inanimate object (the gun) as well as the immature fascination with gun play found among urban (gangbanger) and country (militia) kids.

Keith Richards has only ever been a bad-ass because he always has a bodyguard in shouting distance.

That sounds like a priest talking about not including Jesus in your life.

Date: August 22, 2021 22:24

Nikkei
rbk
lem motlow
What a clown.

Thank you.

That sounds like a priest talking about not including Jesus in your life.

No, it doesn't. That makes no sense.

Date: August 22, 2021 23:23

rbk
lem motlow
What a clown.

Thank you.

I agree with both posts here. Keith is an idol of mine but I realize he’s just pretty dumb sometimes. It’s one thing to process an illegal hand gun but to use it like this is beyond irresponsible.

Date: August 22, 2021 23:28

I agree kids should be taught responsible gun ownership and how to use them. Letting only the military and police (and, of course, some nebulous "hunters") possess them is the gateway to tyranny. F the police and military. I am not a "gun nut" by most definitions, but I certainly see the firearm as having a place in civilized society. People are a whole lot more polite when they think there is a chance you are going to draw on them. The whole "gun nut" thing is an isolated case, those people need psychiatric help, and I am against holding everyone to the lowest possible standard.

Thats how life is out west.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 23, 2021 00:20

A shang-eye slingshot safer
but wouldnt have caused as much damage .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 23, 2021 00:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 01:14 by Stoneage.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:33

Cooltoplady
rbk
lem motlow
What a clown.

Thank you.

I agree with both posts here. Keith is an idol of mine but I realize he’s just pretty dumb sometimes. It’s one thing to process an illegal hand gun but to use it like this is beyond irresponsible.

Keith is an idol to most of us, or else we wouldn't be here! To think that he was/should be an angel is absurd and shows that some have no clue about who he is and how he got here!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:35

Stoneage
The equation is pretty easy: The more guns in circulation the more shootings and killing around. You may feel safer owning a gun in such a state but in reality you're not.

That is a very easy equation to follow! ... however many cannot follow it, it seems.

Date: August 23, 2021 18:36

LeonidP
Stoneage

That is a very easy equation to follow! ... however many cannot follow it, it seems.

I can't believe nobody has thought of that! How would you suggest implementing your equation i.e. implementing the confiscation of multiple millions of guns?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home