Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

best sites to book hotels and airplane reservations
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:34

I know this has probably been asked before, but I plan on at least 5 shows: St Louis, Charlotte, Inglewood, New Orleans, and Detroit. I may attend Vegas or Atlanta if I choose a 6th show. For Charlotte I'm all set for a place to stay & I live near Detroit so no issues there. St Louis, Inglewood, New Orleans, Vegas, & Atlanta are the ones I will be looking for lodging & airline fare. What sites are best to look for hotels & airline flights without breaking the bank? I usually use hotels.com for lodging & for flights I've used CheapOair & other 3rd party sites. In general I haven't been too happy with the 3rd party sites. I also like some flexibility with flights just in case things change. I'm just looking for advice from the more seasoned travelers. Thanks, Sockers56.

Re: best sites to book hotels and airplane reservations
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 7, 2021 10:45

I like kayak.com

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 7, 2021 11:00

I like Booking.com for hotels, lots of free cancellation and no down payment options. But I'd advise to check the particular hotel's website as well.

As far as flights, it's often best to deal with the airlines directly. Use Google Flights for price trends/comparisons.

Remember that the third party sites are in for their cut as well so you may really want to check the hotel/airline websites for the best prices. Sure, sometimes you can save a few bucks on Cheapoair.com and the like, but here's the big thing regarding flights:

If anything goes wrong with your flight, there's a delay/cancellation,etc. you basically have to deal with the website you booked the flight on. If there's any problems, you'll always want the airline to take care of you, not Cheapoair or any other third party.

SO, in general terms, your contractual relationship is with whoever sold you your ticket. If things go disastrously wrong, therefore, you may find it easier if that is the airline instead of an online agent.

Regardless of who issued the ticket, the airlines are responsible for getting you to your destination (and in some cases for duty of care - hotels, etc.) in the event of a misconnect.

So the easiest route is to use the search engines such as Google Flights, Kayak, for just the price comparison and make the actual booking with the airline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-07 14:16 by Topi.

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: August 8, 2021 00:47

I love tripadvisor, personally. But then generally go directly to the company's web page. For New Orleans, check out French Market Inn. We stayed there for the last show, and plan to again. Safe travels!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 01:20

It’s better to book direct.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 8, 2021 01:23

Ggoseek.com is another good one.

Be careful though, some of those consolidator sites use some suspect companies. Do a few web searches if it seems too good to be true; I've heard nightmares about agoda.com.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 8, 2021 02:01

skyscanner.com for flights

And booking.com or agoda.com for accommodation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-08 02:02 by Beast.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 8, 2021 05:09

For flights use ITA matrix to find the best deals but always book direct with the airlines.

Nate

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 9, 2021 15:28

I bounce back and forth between Expedia and hotels.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home