Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: OT: NFL 2021/2022
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 1, 2022 13:06

figuring hangovers for the teaching staff will be a factor, win or lose.

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 1, 2022 15:11

24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS
No, of course it will be low rated. Los Angeles is only the second largest city in the U.S., and first if you count the surrounding areas, which might as well part of it. Be like there being no interest when the New York Giants were in it. And the Rams are the most star-studded glamour team we've seen in a long time. Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald are the absolute bests at their offensive, and defensive positions, respectively.

Most of the country will watch, seething with hatred for the big city Rams, rooting for the underdog Bengals, a team they haven't cared about since the 1989 Super Bowl.

And the game will be in the most spectacular American football stadium, Sofi Stadium, where the Stones made their two nights there the highlight of their recent tour.

No, no one will want to watch that.

Let's look at the ratings after the Super Bowl, then come at me. I bet you'll be nowhere to be heard from. I'm fully aware of the size of LA. I'm also aware Stafford's wife ripped on the LA crowd's apathy. Lakers games have plenty of empty seats. LA's size has nothing to do with its fandom. Nice try... See you in two weeks with the facts!

Sour grapes? Assuming Nashville is your hometown, and the Titans blew home field advantage. L.A. fandom is nation wide. I don't like it, but go to an Indiana Pacer game and half the fans are wearing Laker jerseys. Think the Dodgers don't have a nationwide following? You don't think kids are attracted to the flashy Rams? I don't care if this Super Bowl wins in the ratings. I just want the Rams to win. And I can live with the Bengals living because I usually root for the underdog.

Yes I love the Titans. I know this is hard to believe, but my low ratings prediction is just an emotionless guess. Being born in Oklahoma and being a Sooners fan, if I let big game losses impact me, I’d constantly be stressed. I’m wondering why you’re so triggered and emotional about me simply predicting the Super Bowl will get low ratings. I love football and am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl. Not sure why you keep forcing feelings into it.

Again, let’s get the numbers in two weeks and then see who is right.

I don't care who is right. And I'm not triggered. I try to add something to discussions here. That's all. If that means mixing it up a bit, so what? The idea is to generate some heat, get different perspectives. I must have triggered you, and I didn't mean to. Just replying to an assertion you made. Stay in school.

I love you big guy! Xoxoxox

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 1, 2022 19:47

GasLightStreet
Sighunt
The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

Fake news! Another "might". Twitter is bad enough! Now people are posting fake news here?

Come on. Stick with facts.

Brady has said NOTHING.
CNN just reported Brady retiring.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2022 19:48

Sighunt
GasLightStreet
Sighunt
The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

Fake news! Another "might". Twitter is bad enough! Now people are posting fake news here?

Come on. Stick with facts.

Brady has said NOTHING.
CNN just reported Brady retiring.

A lot of whoevers reporting that Brady retired - because he finally said it.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 1, 2022 20:06

Amazing career no question best ever... now the reffing will even out for the rest of the league.. haha

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 21:44

Retirement announced on Instagram. Praised the Bucs, city of Tampa, family and friends but not one mention of the Patriots!

Date: February 13, 2022 17:03

Super Bowl Sunday!

Date: February 13, 2022 18:08

NashvilleBlues
Super Bowl Sunday!

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 14, 2022 05:11

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
Super Bowl Sunday!

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!

Yeah go to last place again where they belong. It’s a joke this team made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 14, 2022 05:59

More Hot Rocks
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
Super Bowl Sunday!

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!

Yeah go to last place again where they belong. It’s a joke this team made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

No not really. It’s not a joke. It’s called a “playoff.” See, that’s how this whole sports thing works.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Date: February 14, 2022 20:15

More Hot Rocks
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
Super Bowl Sunday!

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!

It's called getting talent, like Burrow and Chase, and making something of it. The joke is on you, pal!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2022 20:54

Lots of starrs at the game last night -

Date: February 14, 2022 22:24

Hope Aaron Donald retires soon!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 15, 2022 05:18

Great to see the Rams finally do it! I’ve been an LA Rams fan all my life.
A couple of weeks ago someone here predicted that it would be one of the least-watched SB’s. It was actually up from last year. But, regardless of how many viewers tuned in, it was another of an incredible string of exciting playing games over the past month.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 15, 2022 07:41

I enjoyed this one! Great game to watch. But somehow the atmosphere in that stadium seemed “flat” - or it did on TV.

Was going for the Rams.

That “hold” call on the 1yd line against the Bengals in the last series of plays though…after everything else they let go (like the face mask grab BY The Bengals that wasn’t paid and resulted in a Bengals touchdown - THAT should not have happened!). That last call, too,was a bit tough. But at least they evened out.

Rod

Date: February 15, 2022 18:39

And for my low ratings prediction...
[www.sportsmediawatch.com]
Lowest rated since 1970.

Date: February 15, 2022 21:29

DaveG
A couple of weeks ago someone here predicted that it would be one of the least-watched SB’s. It was actually up from last year. But, regardless of how many viewers tuned in, it was another of an incredible string of exciting playing games over the past month.

Super Bowl rating low, viewership high

Super Bowl ratings hit another multi-decade low, but streaming and out-of-home lifted viewership past the 100 million mark to a five-year high.

The discrepancy between ratings and viewership can be explained by the fact that the two biggest factors in Sunday’s viewership — out-of-home viewing and streaming — do not factor into the household rating.

> Super Bowl LVI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 21:33 by Hairball.

Date: February 15, 2022 22:00

Hairball
DaveG

Super Bowl ratings hit another multi-decade low, but streaming and out-of-home lifted viewership past the 100 million mark to a five-year high.

The discrepancy between ratings and viewership can be explained by the fact that the two biggest factors in Sunday’s viewership — out-of-home viewing and streaming — do not factor into the household rating.

> Super Bowl LVI

I said "ratings" from the beginning. I never mentioned "viewership." My guess was right. Lowest rated SB in a long time. Was I right? Yes. End of story. Don't try to move the target. Something tells me you have a problem with facts.

Date: February 15, 2022 22:03

NashvilleBlues
Hairball
DaveG

> Super Bowl LVI

I said "ratings" from the beginning. I never mentioned "viewership." My guess was right. Lowest rated SB in a long time. Was I right? Yes. End of story. Don't try to move the target. Something tells me you have a problem with facts.

Ratings are antiquated and archaic. It's not the 1990s anymore.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 15, 2022 22:03

I just read this was the biggest tv audience in the past 2 years.

Date: February 15, 2022 22:04

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
Hairball
DaveG

> Super Bowl LVI

Yeah, I was just pointing out how things have changed with streaming, etc. as the article stated. That's a fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 22:07 by Hairball.

Date: February 15, 2022 22:08

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
Hairball
DaveG

> Super Bowl LVI

I agree.

Date: February 15, 2022 22:09

Hairball
GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
Hairball
DaveG

> Super Bowl LVI

Yeah, I was just pointing out how things have changed with streaming, etc. as the article stated. That's a fact.

Fair enough. My fault. I appreciate you pointing out the differences.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home