Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: OT: NFL 2021/2022
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2022 05:38

Sighunt
The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

Fake news! Another "might". Twitter is bad enough! Now people are posting fake news here?

Come on. Stick with facts.

Brady has said NOTHING.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:16

GasLightStreet
Sighunt
The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

Fake news! Another "might". Twitter is bad enough! Now people are posting fake news here?

Come on. Stick with facts.

Brady has said NOTHING.

I stand corrected (as of this writing a bit premature) for posting that article! It was an honest mistake. Don't get yer knickers in a twist (LOL)!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 15:20 by Sighunt.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 30, 2022 15:04

$15,000,000 reasons for Brady to wait a week to announce his retirement…
[apple.news]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 19:39 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 30, 2022 19:05

I would bet it happens this week.

Date: January 31, 2022 01:16

I’m going to say it again, this is going to be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls in a long time. Especially with Kansas City being knocked out of it.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 31, 2022 02:43

NashvilleBlues
I’m going to say it again, this is going to be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls in a long time. Especially with Kansas City being knocked out of it.

I hear ya, but maybe. There could be some buzz for the new blood. Probably be the underdog Cinderella story Bengals vs the Rams. But better story line to see Bengals vs 49ers, old Joe Montana be doing a few interviews being the 3rd time those two teams met in the superbowl. So could be some interest after all, but you're probably right

Date: January 31, 2022 02:54

GasLightStreet
Mr. Jimi
Tom Brady retired.

No he didn't.

Why did you post fake news?

Why do you assume I knew it to be fakes news? When ESPN has it as a lead story and Boston media is coving like its true, maybe I should have independently vetted the story. But you're right Brady has not said anything. I hope it's not true, but since the tone and tenor of your post got me thinking . . . I'll double down on the spread of misinformation,

Tom Brady signs one year deal with the Patriots! He has decided not to dye his hair and play with no helmet ala Gordie Howe!

Date: January 31, 2022 03:00

Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

I hear ya, but maybe. There could be some buzz for the new blood. Probably be the underdog Cinderella story Bengals vs the Rams. But better story line to see Bengals vs 49ers, old Joe Montana be doing a few interviews being the 3rd time those two teams met in the superbowl. So could be some interest after all, but you're probably right

The Super Bowl this year will be intriguing to me for the same reasons you mentioned. I have no dog in the fight, but I like the new blood.

Date: January 31, 2022 03:06

NashvilleBlues
Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

The Super Bowl this year will be intriguing to me for the same reasons you mentioned. I have no dog in the fight, but I like the new blood.

Yup it should be fun

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 31, 2022 06:39

Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues
Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

Yup it should be fun

I think there will some buzz for this year's Superbowl. The last two weekends have seen some of the best games ever. I don't think KC has a huge national following. It won't break any viewership records but I don't think it'll be the worst either. I'm looking forward to seeing some new teams in it.

Date: January 31, 2022 06:42

NashvilleBlues

Not for the central Gulf Coast!

Date: January 31, 2022 06:44

Mr. Jimi
GasLightStreet
Mr. Jimi
Tom Brady retired.

No he didn't.

Why did you post fake news?

Why do you assume I knew it to be fakes news? When ESPN has it as a lead story and Boston media is coving like its true, maybe I should have independently vetted the story. But you're right Brady has not said anything. I hope it's not true, but since the tone and tenor of your post got me thinking . . . I'll double down on the spread of misinformation,

Tom Brady signs one year deal with the Patriots! He has decided not to dye his hair and play with no helmet ala Gordie Howe!

Highlighted reasons why.

I dig the Gordie Howe bit though!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 31, 2022 08:10

No, of course it will be low rated. Los Angeles is only the second largest city in the U.S., and first if you count the surrounding areas, which might as well part of it. Be like there being no interest when the New York Giants were in it. And the Rams are the most star-studded glamour team we've seen in a long time. Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald are the absolute bests at their offensive, and defensive positions, respectively.

Most of the country will watch, seething with hatred for the big city Rams, rooting for the underdog Bengals, a team they haven't cared about since the 1989 Super Bowl.

And the game will be in the most spectacular American football stadium, Sofi Stadium, where the Stones made their two nights there the highlight of their recent tour.

No, no one will want to watch that.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 31, 2022 13:11

24FPS
No, of course it will be low rated. Los Angeles is only the second largest city in the U.S., and first if you count the surrounding areas, which might as well part of it. Be like there being no interest when the New York Giants were in it. And the Rams are the most star-studded glamour team we've seen in a long time. Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald are the absolute bests at their offensive, and defensive positions, respectively.

Most of the country will watch, seething with hatred for the big city Rams, rooting for the underdog Bengals, a team they haven't cared about since the 1989 Super Bowl.

And the game will be in the most spectacular American football stadium, Sofi Stadium, where the Stones made their two nights there the highlight of their recent tour.

I hear the Raiders stadium is nicer & has better sound for concerts.

Date: January 31, 2022 14:19

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 31, 2022 14:41

Best playoffs ever?

Date: January 31, 2022 15:55

Elmo Lewis
Best playoffs ever?

Think so. Hope we get a good super bowl

Date: January 31, 2022 17:18

I have to say that even though my Buffalo Bills didn't take it to the Super Bowl (still getting over that topsy turvy game against the Chiefs), this has been a spectacular season of football that I haven't seen in years. Many of the games that I witnessed whether it was in the regular season and certainly the post-season were riveting and on the edge of your seat exciting. Many friends of mine were bemoaning the fact that there will be no Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or Roethlisberger this year in the final contest. You know what I say, good riddance! Arguably, per some of the comments above, this could possibly be a low ratings affair, but for me personally, I don't mind seeing different teams go to the Super Bowl (and yeah I get it, the Rams were in it in 2019 against the Pats although lost) instead of the same old, same old.. Mix it up...Just my two cents...

Date: January 31, 2022 18:31

24FPS

Let's look at the ratings after the Super Bowl, then come at me. I bet you'll be nowhere to be heard from. I'm fully aware of the size of LA. I'm also aware Stafford's wife ripped on the LA crowd's apathy. Lakers games have plenty of empty seats. LA's size has nothing to do with its fandom. Nice try... See you in two weeks with the facts!

Date: January 31, 2022 18:34

Sighunt
I have to say that even though my Buffalo Bills didn't take it to the Super Bowl (still getting over that topsy turvy game against the Chiefs), this has been a spectacular season of football that I haven't seen in years. Many of the games that I witnessed whether it was in the regular season and certainly the post-season were riveting and on the edge of your seat exciting. Many friends of mine were bemoaning the fact that there will be no Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or Roethlisberger this year in the final contest. You know what I say, good riddance! Arguably, per some of the comments above, this could possibly be a low ratings affair, but for me personally, I don't mind seeing different teams go to the Super Bowl (and yeah I get it, the Rams were in it in 2019 against the Pats although lost) instead of the same old, same old.. Mix it up...Just my two cents...

Tell your grumpy friends the obvious:

Joe Burrow.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 31, 2022 18:39

crholmstrom
Elmo Lewis
Best playoffs ever?

Think so. Hope we get a good super bowl

I agree with Elmo, these playoffs have been the best I can remember. Every game over the past couple weeks has been high-level excitement.

As a lifelong LA Rams fan, it’s pretty exciting. As for the comments about it being low-rated, who cares? Usually those comments come from people whose team was knocked out of the playoffs or didn’t make the playoffs. I look for an exciting game. Anything can happen.

Date: January 31, 2022 18:53

As I've said before, I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl. Just predicting it'll be lowly rated, that's all. No hatred.

As a Sooners fan, I'm excited to see Mixon and Perine still splitting carries (like at OU).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-31 18:55 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: January 31, 2022 19:07

So many people whine that, well, first it was

New England always wins the Super Bowl

New England is always in the Super Bowl

Obviously neither of those complaints have ever been true.

Now some of it has been replaced with Tom Brady.

It's not his fault he's been excellent.

Joe Burrow will be a key reason why Super Bowl 56 or whatever it is will be watched by a lot, obviously not the most watched SB ever, regardless of how they get the ridiculous "ratings" these days, but a lot of people will watch. I bet it's in the top ten of most watched Supes.

New blood with Cincinnati.

Another failure by the Los Angeles Rams, the second team to possibly win a Supe at home (keenly where, ha ha, the NFL offices are located right next to Social Finance Stadium).

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 31, 2022 19:24

Yes, Burrow is reason alone to watch. He is a talented young QB who seems to have a bright future in the NFL.

Date: January 31, 2022 20:40

GasLightStreet
Sighunt

Tell your grumpy friends the obvious:

Joe Burrow.
Indeed!

Date: January 31, 2022 23:52

NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Let's look at the ratings after the Super Bowl, then come at me. I bet you'll be nowhere to be heard from. I'm fully aware of the size of LA. I'm also aware Stafford's wife ripped on the LA crowd's apathy. Lakers games have plenty of empty seats. LA's size has nothing to do with its fandom. Nice try... See you in two weeks with the facts!

Sour grapes? Assuming Nashville is your hometown, and the Titans blew home field advantage. L.A. fandom is nation wide. I don't like it, but go to an Indiana Pacer game and half the fans are wearing Laker jerseys. Think the Dodgers don't have a nationwide following? You don't think kids are attracted to the flashy Rams? I don't care if this Super Bowl wins in the ratings. I just want the Rams to win. And I can live with the Bengals living because I usually root for the underdog.

Date: February 1, 2022 00:50

24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Sour grapes? Assuming Nashville is your hometown, and the Titans blew home field advantage. L.A. fandom is nation wide. I don't like it, but go to an Indiana Pacer game and half the fans are wearing Laker jerseys. Think the Dodgers don't have a nationwide following? You don't think kids are attracted to the flashy Rams? I don't care if this Super Bowl wins in the ratings. I just want the Rams to win. And I can live with the Bengals living because I usually root for the underdog.

Yes I love the Titans. I know this is hard to believe, but my low ratings prediction is just an emotionless guess. Being born in Oklahoma and being a Sooners fan, if I let big game losses impact me, I’d constantly be stressed. I’m wondering why you’re so triggered and emotional about me simply predicting the Super Bowl will get low ratings. I love football and am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl. Not sure why you keep forcing feelings into it.

Again, let’s get the numbers in two weeks and then see who is right.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 1, 2022 03:05

I predict huge ratings with millions of cheerleaders and armchair quarterbacks watching around the world - many who haven't even watched a game all season.
With the state of the world still struggling with the pandemic (some places more than others), the Super Bowl will be a unifying event - especially in the US.
People who have been afraid or hesitant to go out to events will feel the camaraderie amongst viewers watching from home no matter what team wins or loses.
It's not about vax/antivax, mask/maskless, freedom of choice/mandates, etc., etc., etc....no, it's about the Rams vs. the damn stinkin' Bengals playing a football game!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-01 03:06 by Hairball.

Date: February 1, 2022 05:17

Hairball
I predict huge ratings with millions of cheerleaders and armchair quarterbacks watching around the world - many who haven't even watched a game all season.
With the state of the world still struggling with the pandemic (some places more than others), the Super Bowl will be a unifying event - especially in the US.
People who have been afraid or hesitant to go out to events will feel the camaraderie amongst viewers watching from home no matter what team wins or loses.
It's not about vax/antivax, mask/maskless, freedom of choice/mandates, etc., etc., etc....no, it's about the Rams vs. the damn stinkin' Bengals playing a football game!

I know SE LA will be watching and when the Bengals score it will sound like the Saints are scoring!

Date: February 1, 2022 08:43

NashvilleBlues
24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Yes I love the Titans. I know this is hard to believe, but my low ratings prediction is just an emotionless guess. Being born in Oklahoma and being a Sooners fan, if I let big game losses impact me, I’d constantly be stressed. I’m wondering why you’re so triggered and emotional about me simply predicting the Super Bowl will get low ratings. I love football and am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl. Not sure why you keep forcing feelings into it.

Again, let’s get the numbers in two weeks and then see who is right.

I don't care who is right. And I'm not triggered. I try to add something to discussions here. That's all. If that means mixing it up a bit, so what? The idea is to generate some heat, get different perspectives. I must have triggered you, and I didn't mean to. Just replying to an assertion you made. Stay in school.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home