Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: OT - NFL Football Playoffs - 2022
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2022 18:32

Taylor1
Buffalo coach and defensive coordinator should be fired for playing prevent defense on that 13 second drive. Inexcusable that no one was covering Kelce tight on that pass and the whole middle of the field was open when Kelce caught that pass.Worst coaching in nfl playoff history.Brady should be pissed at Todd Bowles and Arians for dialing up a blitz and leaving Kupp, the best receiver in football one on one with a safety.Brady"s great comeback was wasted.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 25, 2022 19:46

GasLightStreet
Taylor1
Buffalo coach and defensive coordinator should be fired for playing prevent defense on that 13 second drive. Inexcusable that no one was covering Kelce tight on that pass and the whole middle of the field was open when Kelce caught that pass.Worst coaching in nfl playoff history.Brady should be pissed at Todd Bowles and Arians for dialing up a blitz and leaving Kupp, the best receiver in football one on one with a safety.Brady"s great comeback was wasted.

You are right!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 25, 2022 22:02

Saints need a new coach too now.

Date: January 25, 2022 22:29

People think Dennis Allen is gonna become the new Saints coach. I don't see that but whatever. A lot of changes happening in the NFL right now, last year through this coming season, with retirements and trades.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 25, 2022 23:21

Giants should go for Payton. But he might not want a rebuild even though Giants job was one he always wanted. Dallas or Denver if Rogers goes there make more sense. Don't know what the Saints would want, but he has some leverage.

Date: January 26, 2022 00:05

Payton gonna go the David Byrne route and be a talking head for a year. Look for him to resurface in Dallas in 2023 when McCarthy blows it again in 2022.

Date: January 26, 2022 09:03

Taylor1
Giants should go for Payton. But he might not want a rebuild even though Giants job was one he always wanted. Dallas or Denver if Rogers goes there make more sense. Don't know what the Saints would want, but he has some leverage.

Coach Payton is still under a contract for 3 years.

He's not coaching anywhere for a while. Why would he go to the Giants to rebuild when he's just left a team with a ton of potential? Anyone going to the Giants is just collecting a living. They're ridiculous.

Just like the Jets.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 26, 2022 10:17

GasLightStreet
Taylor1

He's not coaching anywhere for a while. Why would he go to the Giants to rebuild when he's just left a team with a ton of potential? Anyone going to the Giants is just collecting a living. They're ridiculous.

Just like the Jets.

Sorry to say this GasLightStreet but it looks like your Saints are in for at least a few lean years. The Seahawks could be too if Princess leaves. On the bright side for you is if Brady rides off into the sunset the NFC South could be wide open. The Hawks have to deal with the NFC West which is arguably still the best division in the NFL. 2 West teams in the conference final makes a case for that statement. I think last Sunday's BUF/KC game was the Super Bowl & no one is going to beat KC this year (sorry @daspyknows). Now watch CIN win this week haha. A CIN/SF Super Bowl is the game I'm hoping for. Sunday should be good.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 26, 2022 16:50

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
The best team lost in KC. The Bills should have squibbed kicked the ball down the field with 13 seconds left to run some seconds off the clock. The Bills defense was gassed. No overtime possession was a shame.

One sec would of ran off. That’s all. It would of been downed and no time other than one second

Not necessarily. Had the Bills squibbed kicked it inside the 20, the Chiefs would almost have to field it or risk getting stuck inside the 15 yard line.

That being said, if the Bills let Kelce run instead of tackling him in the middle of the field the clock runs out.

Date: January 26, 2022 17:16

GasLightStreet
The Sicilian
The best team lost in KC. The Bills should have squibbed kicked the ball down the field with 13 seconds left to run some seconds off the clock. The Bills defense was gassed. No overtime possession was a shame.

The best team won. What KC did was more spectacular than Buffalo. The beauty of sudden death is it requires the best of the best. Buffalo is still missing that one little bit to get it done. A rabid ridiculous fan base isn't enough.

Josh Allen won that game and handed it to the defense to close it, which they should have. Yeah, the Bills were missing their All-Pro cornerback who would have made a big difference. Coaching lost this game for the Bills. The head coach, defensive coordinator, and special teams did it. Stupid formations by dumb coaches put their players out of position. They lack a dominant pass rusher and/or stud linebacker, but they had enough to win the game and coaching took it away from them.

Date: January 26, 2022 17:23

The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
The Sicilian

The best team won. What KC did was more spectacular than Buffalo. The beauty of sudden death is it requires the best of the best. Buffalo is still missing that one little bit to get it done. A rabid ridiculous fan base isn't enough.

Josh Allen won that game and handed it to the defense to close it, which they should have. Yeah, the Bills were missing their All-Pro cornerback who would have made a big difference. Coaching lost this game for the Bills. The head coach, defensive coordinator, and special teams did it. Stupid formations by dumb coaches put their players out of position. They lack a dominant pass rusher and/or stud linebacker, but they had enough to win the game and coaching took it away from them.

End result: Bills are losers. Still. I kid, I kid! Getting your adrenalin up, is good for you! smileys with beer

Date: January 26, 2022 18:34

crholmstrom
The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
The Sicilian

End result: Bills are losers. Still. I kid, I kid! Getting your adrenalin up, is good for you! smileys with beer

You're right, they are losers. Josh Allen and the offense did what they had to do to win and the boneheaded coaching staff put them in position to lose.

I think over the years the Bills gaffs have written the script for every team in the league on what NOT TO DO to in critical games. The Sabres too. Both teams have a losing stigma which manifests itself at times in the worst possible way.

Date: January 26, 2022 18:38

The Sicilian
crholmstrom
The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
The Sicilian

You're right, they are losers. Josh Allen and the offense did what they had to do to win and the boneheaded coaching staff put them in position to lose.

I think over the years the Bills gaffs have written the script for every team in the league on what NOT TO DO to in critical games. The Sabres too. Both teams have a losing stigma which manifests itself at times in the worst possible way.

I feel your pain. My baseball team is the Seattle Mariners. sad smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 26, 2022 23:10

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

One sec would of ran off. That’s all. It would of been downed and no time other than one second

Not necessarily. Had the Bills squibbed kicked it inside the 20, the Chiefs would almost have to field it or risk getting stuck inside the 15 yard line.

That being said, if the Bills let Kelce run instead of tackling him in the middle of the field the clock runs out.

That’s why I said only a second would of run off no more than that Even on a squib kick the clock doesn’t start until the ball is touched. I guess you’re one of those crying WGR 55 callers than know everything

Date: January 27, 2022 03:34

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

Just like the Jets.

Sorry to say this GasLightStreet but it looks like your Saints are in for at least a few lean years. The Seahawks could be too if Princess leaves. On the bright side for you is if Brady rides off into the sunset the NFC South could be wide open. The Hawks have to deal with the NFC West which is arguably still the best division in the NFL. 2 West teams in the conference final makes a case for that statement. I think last Sunday's BUF/KC game was the Super Bowl & no one is going to beat KC this year (sorry @daspyknows). Now watch CIN win this week haha. A CIN/SF Super Bowl is the game I'm hoping for. Sunday should be good.

Certainly seems that way. But way too early to tell. If they re-sign Winston and not go for some hag QB that has more baggage than a full 767... and get at least one more WR - and yes, Brady retiring would open it up... Cantlanta is, ha ha, Cantlanta. Falcants are gonna Falcant.

Coach is still under contract through the 2024 season - that's 3 more years! It would be difficult for him to - why would he go coach somewhere else? So many people say Chicago or Dallas - both are disasters and one would think he's thinking, Hell no.

He needs a break. The 2021 season was nuts for the Saints.

Date: January 27, 2022 04:26

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

Just like the Jets.

Certainly seems that way. But way too early to tell. If they re-sign Winston and not go for some hag QB that has more baggage than a full 767... and get at least one more WR - and yes, Brady retiring would open it up... Cantlanta is, ha ha, Cantlanta. Falcants are gonna Falcant.

Coach is still under contract through the 2024 season - that's 3 more years! It would be difficult for him to - why would he go coach somewhere else? So many people say Chicago or Dallas - both are disasters and one would think he's thinking, Hell no.

He needs a break. The 2021 season was nuts for the Saints.

I would watch for Dallas in 2023 in exchange for some draft capital. If Payton wants to coach Saints will have a choice like GB did with Favre. Unless the new coach is a Rich Kotite/Jim Tomsila/Urban Meyer type of coach they will have a decision. At that point a first rounder would seem more than fair. Luckily the NFC south is a weaker division especially if Brady retires and TB has a talent drain.

Re: OT: NFL 2021/2022
Date: January 27, 2022 04:41

Oh indeed. There's a lot of chatter going on about 3 years from now based on IF. Because everyone knows coach says A and % happens. But he said some things that resonate with fans that is understandable regarding why he's stepping out.

It'll probably save his life in regards to getting older.

Date: January 27, 2022 06:08

I agree in regards to savings his life and retiring early. I did the same thing. The Saints are for all intensive purposes in a rebuild phase and it is easier to retire than to lose a lot and get fired.

I look at Dick Vermeil and John Gruden as two who walked away but came back versus Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy who have stuck to TV after leaving coaching. My point is come next December if Payton wants back in and Dallas has an opening after McCarthy blows it again, a trade will be made and he will be coaching the Cowboys. It almost happened in 2019. If the Saints can get a 1st round pick for a retired coach that's one hell of a deal.

Date: January 27, 2022 21:57

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

That’s why I said only a second would of run off no more than that Even on a squib kick the clock doesn’t start until the ball is touched. I guess you’re one of those crying WGR 55 callers than know everything

A ball kicked into the field of play is a LIVE ball genius. That player has to be touched. No I don't call WGR, maybe you do.

Date: January 27, 2022 22:45

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

A ball kicked into the field of play is a LIVE ball genius. That player has to be touched. No I don't call WGR, maybe you do.

If the guy taking the kickoff immediately takes a knee, only a second or two will run off the clock. Buffalo should have squib kicked it but it would not have run out the clock.

Date: January 27, 2022 23:14

daspyknows
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

If the guy taking the kickoff immediately takes a knee, only a second or two will run off the clock. Buffalo should have squib kicked it but it would not have run out the clock.

Everybody knows that. But the object is to get the ball inside the 20. The major mistake was tackling Kelce, he caught the ball and ran to the middle of the field where he was brought down with 4 seconds left. Let him run then surround him and the clock runs out.

Date: January 28, 2022 00:12

The Sicilian
daspyknows
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

Everybody knows that. But the object is to get the ball inside the 20. The major mistake was tackling Kelce, he caught the ball and ran to the middle of the field where he was brought down with 4 seconds left. Let him run then surround him and the clock runs out.

You are assuming Kelce didn't know the rules. He would have taken a knee before the clock ran out like Prescott should have done but didn't. Letting him catch the ball was the mistake.

Date: January 28, 2022 16:32

Kelce was running for the goal line he wasn't thinking about taking a knee. Unfortunately, the Bills tackled him instead of letting him run some more. The game would have ended.

Date: January 29, 2022 06:09

The Sicilian
Kelce was running for the goal line he wasn't thinking about taking a knee. Unfortunately, the Bills tackled him instead of letting him run some more. The game would have ended.

Yep. But. The Bills coach screwed up. He said so. So no amount of excuses for what could've happened changes a thing. The Saints No NOLA Call - pisses me off to no end; bobblehead Goodhell saw to it that the Saints got crap calls on them. Way more than once.

Yet the Saints still had plenty of time to win that game.

They didn't.

Just like the Bills didn't. You can stop now. Maybe it's just a Bills curse - bound for being bound for greatness only, never achieving it. Who knows. Maybe in the 2023 playoffs they'll do better. It would be fantastic to see them win a Supe.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 29, 2022 06:56

[www.npr.org]

Looks like the Washington Football Team has a new name. “Cowboys/Commanders” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 29, 2022 21:54

Tom Brady retired.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 29, 2022 23:22

The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

Date: January 30, 2022 00:57

Sighunt
The end of an era...

Tom Brady to reportedly retire after 22 NFL seasons filled with comebacks, records and 7 Super Bowl titles

[www.yahoo.com]

That's probably the end for Gronk, too. Certainly a Hall of Fame tight end. I thought Gronk should've gotten serious consideration for Super Bowl MVP last year. A tight end who blocks unlike say Jimmy Graham.

Date: January 30, 2022 01:29

Javadave
[www.npr.org]

Looks like the Washington Football Team has a new name. “Cowboys/Commanders” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Should be Commandos. The WFT plays their game commando.

Date: January 30, 2022 05:30

Mr. Jimi
Tom Brady retired.

No he didn't.

Why did you post fake news?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home