Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
OT: NFL 2021/2022
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 6, 2021 12:37

After last night's traditional Hall of Fame game/yawn fest, it's time to start getting serious about the upcoming NFL season. Should be lots of interesting story lines this year. I really don't have a handle on how my Seahawks are going to do this year. It could go either way. There appear to be some exciting young players coming into their own. A couple of contract issues are outstanding but it looks like they will be resolved soon. So, let's keep all this civil & not turn it into a COVID style word brawl. A little good natured ribbing is all in good fun. After all, it's only a game. Hopefully we will all make it through the season relatively intact. GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 23:45 by bv.

Re: OT: NFL 2021
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 6, 2021 15:33

Let’s go Titans!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 6, 2021 16:36

I’ll be at the Rams/Seahawks game in Seattle on October 7. Looking forward to it!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 19:53

Well after the Mitch Trubisky experiment failed, I'm curious to see how rookie QB Justin Fields will do or if Andy Dalton will be starting QB. Can't believe how many QB's have come and gone for the Bears over the years. Bear Down Chicago Bears!
As far as local football goes for me, my BC Lions start their season tomorrow night! CFL didn't play at all last year due to covid.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 6, 2021 20:20

Bills and Chiefs again this year. All other teams in the AFC can sit and watch

Date: August 6, 2021 21:04

More Hot Rocks

Don't sleep on the Chargers.....

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 6, 2021 21:41

crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

Or the Titans. Can’t stack the box any more against King Henry with Julio Jones in the fold with AJ Brown. The offensive attack should be among the best in the league. Good luck NFL defenses!

Date: August 6, 2021 21:45

DGA35
Well after the Mitch Trubisky experiment failed, I'm curious to see how rookie QB Justin Fields will do or if Andy Dalton will be starting QB. Can't believe how many QB's have come and gone for the Bears over the years. Bear Down Chicago Bears!
As far as local football goes for me, my BC Lions start their season tomorrow night! CFL didn't play at all last year due to covid.

If you've seen the David Lynch version of "Dune", notice how Andy Dalton looks like he's 1 of the Harkonnens. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 7, 2021 03:54

Let's go Steelers!!!

If not them. Let's go Raiders!!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 7, 2021 04:52

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

Or the Titans. Can’t stack the box any more against King Henry with Julio Jones in the fold with AJ Brown. The offensive attack should be among the best in the league. Good luck NFL defenses!

We'll just outscore you! Go Bills.

Date: August 7, 2021 04:52

Rooting for your favorite football team is like having your own Army for your hometown. A lot of passion! How great is the NFL season everyone? Let’s go!

Date: August 7, 2021 05:45

The Sicilian
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

They have know idea how good The Bills are. Pittsburgh ? Raiders? Hell no

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 8, 2021 04:18

Bill's rumored to be moving to Austin.eye rolling smiley

Date: August 8, 2021 05:12

kovach

That’s not true. It was just an internet rumor that no one had quoted. They are not moving. But the NFL wants the Bills to build a new stadium. More private boxes, revenue sharing. More bucks for other owners. That crap bag Jerry Jones has been pushing Buffalo for a long time. That guy is a greedy bastard, nothing more.
The sad part is the 1.1 billion will be funded by tax payers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-08 05:13 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: August 8, 2021 05:55

More Hot Rocks
kovach

That’s not true. It was just an internet rumor that no one had quoted. They are not moving. But the NFL wants the Bills to build a new stadium. More private boxes, revenue sharing. More bucks for other owners. That crap bag Jerry Jones has been pushing Buffalo for a long time. That guy is a greedy bastard, nothing more.

Is there the ability to further renovate the stadium to add suites like Lambeau did?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 8, 2021 06:46

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

They have know idea how good The Bills are. Pittsburgh ? Raiders? Hell no

Pittsburgh... as fun as it is to see 'what may happen'... management is asleep at pick a bridge. Not happening.

Raiders... I'm all for good surprises. But... nah.

Green Bay? I'll say HELL NO but it wouldn't be surprising to see GB manage, ha ha, to do some bizarre shit. I dunno.

No comment on the Saints.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: August 8, 2021 08:43

Big question in NE is "Will Mac Jones eventually take over for Cam Newton as the starter...and, if so, when?"

I expect Cam to be much better than last season...it would be difficult to not be, given this year's full training camp and the upgraded offensive weapons at his disposal...but wouldn't be surprised to see Jones given a shot if the Patriots stumble out of the gate. However, that will depend upon whether or not Jones can grasp the 'NFL QB Experience' over the course of the next month or so.

Thus far in camp, both QBs have had their good days and off days; just a matter of how much it's going to take to convince Belichick thatbthe rookie is his best option. Like a heavyweight champion boxer squaring off a lesser-known opponent: unless it's a definitive win, the reigning champ gets the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 13:40

where's all the Browns fans???

the best time of year to be a Browns fan is the offseason!

come on!!

Date: August 8, 2021 17:45

DGA35
More Hot Rocks
kovach

Is there the ability to further renovate the stadium to add suites like Lambeau did?

They have. They put million into the stadium over the last years. It looks great. Not a bad seat in tbt whole stadium. But it’s still the 3rd oldest in the NFL. If I had a choice I would not have a new one built

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 8, 2021 19:33

Will the Team Formerly Known As The Redskins get a proper name this year, or are we going to be stuck with the generic Washington Football Team? WFT looks like whiffed to me.

Date: August 8, 2021 20:17

stickyfingers101

come on!!

In the bathroom? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 8, 2021 20:18

Javadave
Will the Team Formerly Known As The Redskins get a proper name this year, or are we going to be stuck with the generic Washington Football Team? WFT looks like whiffed to me.

They missed a golden opportunity to call it WTF.... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 21:39

crholmstrom
stickyfingers101

come on!!

In the bathroom? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thumbs up

Go Browns!!!

Date: August 9, 2021 02:33

DGA35
More Hot Rocks
kovach

No I think they have reached their limit fir improving. A few years ago they eliminated about 300i seats and added private boxes. They have done many cosmetic improvements also. So the talk is the new stadium would be built adjacent the one now. Their is plenty of room. If you attend a Bills game you can drive there and park your car. Plenty of room for 75,000 fans. Google earth Highmark stadium. That the new name You can see the area around the stadium. Hey believe it was completed in 1973

Date: August 9, 2021 04:57

Reading online reports of the Bears training camp, rookie QB Fields was described as looking like that guy in Seattle!

Date: August 9, 2021 18:17

Saints need to trade Michael Thomas. That drama queen has been nothing but trouble after he got his big money.

Date: August 9, 2021 18:53

GasLightStreet
Saints need to trade Michael Thomas. That drama queen has been nothing but trouble after he got his big money.

Hate it when that happens! So who do you think is going to QB for the Saints? Despite the turnover risk, I'd probably go with Winston at least at first.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 9, 2021 19:27

Javadave

I am partial to Washington Opossums (although Riverboat Ron changes this) since they have played dead at home and have gotten killed on the road.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 14, 2021 20:16

I know its only preseason but fired up the smoker sitting down to a day of football.

Date: August 16, 2021 01:34

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Hate it when that happens! So who do you think is going to QB for the Saints? Despite the turnover risk, I'd probably go with Winston at least at first.

Winston. He had eye surgery and has a Howitzer for an arm.

It will take a while for him to get into a groove with whoever the WRs are but perhaps 2022 they'll be in much better shape. They're on the verge of being a disaster this year. With as much talent as they have, there's been way too many changes and screwups and drama. Of course, there's no way to know that until just past the halfway point of the season.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home