Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 13, 2022 12:50

AntoineParis
JJHMick
bv
mk76
slewan
the Devils have updated their list => [sympathyforthedevils.com]
nothing really new except for the 'running order':
London2 - Helsinki - Brussels – Gelsenkirchen in July
they still have Paris on July 23 followed by Vienna und Stockholm

Helsinki can't be at that slot. There are other shows at the stadium on the 8th and 9th of July.

Just take a look at the IORR list of shows. It isn't that complicated.

Munich + Gelsenkirchen

Maybe it's silly to contradict bv but I don't see any sense in Brussels plus Amsterdam and in Munich plus Berne plus Vienna plus Milan.
Only one show in Germany? Hard to believe.
Of course, they must have contacted all those cities as possible venues but this rather looks like a tour schedule from 1966.

Antoine, I had a look at bv's list.
If you add Gelsenkirchen (I'll be there, haha) than it's Amsterdam / Brussels / Gelsenkirchen. That's even more 1966 like...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2022 12:58

JJHMick
bv
mk76
slewan

Helsinki can't be at that slot. There are other shows at the stadium on the 8th and 9th of July.

Maybe it's silly to contradict bv but I don't see any sense in Brussels plus Amsterdam and in Munich plus Berne plus Vienna plus Milan.
Of course, they must have contacted all those cities as possible venues but this rather looks like a tour schedule from 1966.

Well if you do not trust my info then that is totally up to you. May be you have better sources?

Fact is The Rolling Stones will sell out these shows fast. Brussels, Milan, Madrid, Munich, Amsterdam and so on are large cities connected to areas with millions of people, and thousands of fans. They might have sold out two shows in each city, but they do only one show per country, except for UK. Also, there are rumours about a 2nd show in Germany, in the Ruhr area, and also a 2nd show in France, we will get more info about that tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 13, 2022 12:59

JJHMick
AntoineParis
JJHMick
bv
mk76
slewan

Munich + Gelsenkirchen

If you add Gelsenkirchen (I'll be there, haha) than it's Amsterdam / Brussels / Gelsenkirchen. That's even more 1966 like...

we will see winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:00

JJHMick
AntoineParis
JJHMick
bv
mk76
slewan

Munich + Gelsenkirchen

all of these are densely populated areas and they are – maybe except for Gelsenkirchen – known for high buying power

Date: March 13, 2022 13:01

There was a recent change in the schedule, where Paris got in and another show got out. I am not sure how much they had to mess around with the other shows, but the schedule should be quite easy to understand now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:12

Ed Sheeran is playing Gelsenkirchen 7/8/9 July, so Gelsenkirchen won't be between Hyde Park and Brussels.

Date: March 13, 2022 13:12

Just to explain the power of the Stones when it comes to selling tickets...

During the European Tour in 1995, 27 years ago, they played Aug 19 in front of 90,000 fans in Hochenheim Germany. Three days later, on Aug 22, they played in front of 78,000 fans in Mannheim Germany. It is a 25 minutes drive between these two places, just 25 km i.e. 15 miles.

They sold out all their shows last year in USA 2021, in the middle of the pandemic. Still people claim they will not sell their tickets. Mark my words, they will sell out, also this summer. They are more popular than ever. It is a hot ticket indeed.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 13:14 by bv.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:37

bv

During the European Tour in 1995, 27 years ago, they played Aug 19 in front of 90,000 fans in Hochenheim Germany. Three days later, on Aug 22, they played in front of 78,000 fans in Mannheim Germany. It is a 25 minutes drive between these two places, just 25 km i.e. 15 miles.

They sold out all their shows last year in USA 2021, in the middle of the pandemic. Still people claim they will not sell their tickets. Mark my words, they will sell out, also this summer. They are more popular than ever. It is a hot ticket indeed.

Sorry, bv, don't misunderstand me, it was especially silly as it's one day ahead of the announcement.
Funny example, as I had forgotten about, I've been to both shows in 1995...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:43

From what I gathered, not all of the US 2021 shows were sold out (but they obviously sold very well) For several US shows you could still get tickets on the day of. Just pointing that out, now back to the topic. smiling smiley

Date: March 13, 2022 13:45

JJHMick
bv

Sorry, bv, don't misunderstand me, it was especially silly as it's one day ahead of the announcement.
Funny example, as I had forgotten about, I've been to both shows in 1995...

those were different times – they played nine(!) shows in Germany in 1995

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:51

Topi
From what I gathered, not all of the US 2021 shows were sold out (but they obviously sold very well) For several US shows you could still get tickets on the day of. Just pointing that out, now back to the topic. smiling smiley

You can bet the pandemic had something to do with that. It did for me.

Date: March 13, 2022 14:06

Every year there is a new Stones tour, there are some people saying they will not sell out their shows. And every year they sell out tickets, like they have done for so many years now. If it is 90% sold out or 95% sold out or 100% sold out, it is still a full house for me. They do not play empty stadiums.

I was at all the stadium shows in USA last year. They were all packed. May be there were some seats empty, but with an average ticket price of more than USD 200, that is business as usual. Also, many, I mean many, were scared by covid-19, it was a miracle to fill up stadiums last year. Mind you, they had an average revenue of USD 9 million or so - per show.

Now, summer time 2022 in Europe, most of the pandemic is behind us, the fans and people are starving for music and great rock'n'roll. It is a hot ticket. There will be packed stadiums this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 14:13

syrel
Ed Sheeran is playing Gelsenkirchen 7/8/9 July, so Gelsenkirchen won't be between Hyde Park and Brussels.

Well with that, and BVs schedule, Prague has to be between Hyde Park and Brussels and Gelsenkirchen is in August.

Assuming there is no show between the Hyde Park shows of course. Except a surprise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 14:14 by Karlos123.

Date: March 13, 2022 14:54

Karlos123
syrel

Well with that, and BVs schedule, Prague has to be between Hyde Park and Brussels and Gelsenkirchen is in August.

Assuming there is no show between the Hyde Park shows of course. Except a surprise.

ending a tour in Gelsenkirchen? uaah confused smiley
(hard to imagine)
maybe it's Gelsenkirchen on July 15 and Helsinki on July 7? The devil's list suggest that a schedule like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 14:58 by slewan.

smiling bouncing smileyRe: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: rereuk ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:09

yes indeed and like BV keeps on writing (wrong) MAY BE

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:09

There are other gigs at Helsinki on 8/9 July, so 7/7 not possible.

If the French site is correct about Paris on 23/7, then Vienna could possibly slide into 7/7. If not, then maybe Paris becomes the last show (after Stockholm, likely 31/7). Or maybe it is not Gelsenkirchen after all (bv suggested one city got dropped) and/or it is 'Ruhr valley' more generally.

But I don't think the boys really care much about 'last venue of the tour' any more.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:11

If there are 16 shows then I guess they will play in August too. No need to rush it.

Date: March 13, 2022 15:12

Just saw boarding from radio veronica with stones tongues during a very low key eredivisie soccer match in the netherlands

Date: March 13, 2022 15:15

syrel
There are other gigs at Helsinki on 8/9 July, so 7/7 not possible.

If the French site is correct about Paris on 23/7, then Vienna could possibly slide into 7/7. If not, then maybe Paris becomes the last show (after Stockholm, likely 31/7). Or maybe it is not Gelsenkirchen after all (bv suggested one city got dropped) and/or it is 'Ruhr valley' more generally.

But I don't think the boys really care much about 'last venue of the tour' any more.

I don't think that any city marked on the globe/map posted by the Stones has been dropped

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:26

Nice to have a tour announcement on my birthday tomorrow. Looking forward to see them live again

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:30

The Stones don't price tickets to sell out, they price tickets to maximize profit. The shows in the US are not sold out, there are tickets available. The point is that the average ticket price is so high that it does not matter, they make more money charging higher prices and leaving some seats open rather than charging too little, selling out, and letting the secondary market make all the money.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:46

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Just saw boarding from radio veronica with stones tongues during a very low key eredivisie soccer match in the netherlands

thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Monday more info

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:07

What’s happened to RAH?

I was contemplating, ticket being obtained, travelling from Perth for that show.

Rod

Date: March 13, 2022 16:12

bitusa2012
What’s happened to RAH?

I was contemplating, ticket being obtained, travelling from Perth for that show.

RAH is still standing, I suppose. Concerning a Rolling Stones show at RAH I guess it has either been dropped or will be announced as a surprise show shortly before it takes place (if it ever does)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:12

Jeter1984
The Stones don't price tickets to sell out, they price tickets to maximize profit. The shows in the US are not sold out, there are tickets available. The point is that the average ticket price is so high that it does not matter, they make more money charging higher prices and leaving some seats open rather than charging too little, selling out, and letting the secondary market make all the money.

Very well explained. That's exactly what they do. There have been shows in recent years that have been a long way short of a sellout. Dublin 2018 springs to mind. Thousands of empty seats that day and they were letting people from GA into GC.All 8 UK shows in 2018 got a second round of lucky Dips. For most shows it's easily possible to get a cheap spare on the day or on the secondary market when they have a last gasp fire sale.

Other acts do the same - it isn't just a Stone's thing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:21

If there's a surprise show in the works I certainly would not expect it to be announced tomorrow.

Not even Hyde Park #2 is necessarily getting announced tomorrow. Smarter to sell the first Hyde Park show at first and only then announce the second one. People always want what they can't have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 16:21 by Topi.

Date: March 13, 2022 16:26

grzegorz67
Jeter1984

Very well explained. That's exactly what they do. There have been shows in recent years that have been a long way short of a sellout. Dublin 2018 springs to mind. Thousands of empty seats that day and they were letting people from GA into GC.All 8 UK shows in 2018 got a second round of lucky Dips. For most shows it's easily possible to get a cheap spare on the day or on the secondary market when they have a last gasp fire sale.

Other acts do the same - it isn't just a Stone's thing.

well, you can always fill up empty seat with lucky dippers. I remember Berlin in 2018 where nearly ever LD ticket turned out pit. In fact they were handing out LD pit tickets for more than an hour.
The day before the show there were 200+ pit tickets still available (for 799 Euros) and I guess the went all into the lucky dip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 16:28 by slewan.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:41

Topi
If there's a surprise show in the works I certainly would not expect it to be announced tomorrow.

Not even Hyde Park #2 is necessarily getting announced tomorrow. Smarter to sell the first Hyde Park show at first and only then announce the second one. People always want what they can't have.

In 2013, HP1 and HP2 went on sale a week apart. HP1 sold out. HP2 wasn't quite a sellout. I got HP2 on on-sale day. I got HP1 in a late ticket drop then they neglected to send me my ticket so I ended up collecting it the night before and camping out overnight outside the park along with a few others

Organisation of both shows was extremely poor!

I reckon they will be sold on different days, as previously. Paris Show 3 in 2017 was only announced at the last minute too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 16:45 by grzegorz67.

Date: March 13, 2022 16:59

grzegorz67
Topi

In 2013, HP1 and HP2 went on sale a week apart. HP1 sold out. HP2 wasn't quite a sellout. I got HP2 on on-sale day. I got HP1 in a late ticket drop then they neglected to send me my ticket so I ended up collecting it the night before and camping out overnight outside the park along with a few others

Organisation of both shows was extremely poor!

I reckon they will be sold on different days, as previously. Paris Show 3 in 2017 was only announced at the last minute too

Paris 3 wasn't announced at the last minute: in fact it was announced in on May 17th (= 5 Month before the show) see: [iorr.org]

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:01

Topi

Yikes! Glad I read this……planning on HP2 and I’d panic if I didn’t see it announced tomorrow!

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home