Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:06

I wish they start with SFM again, put BS back on the list and play JJF as last song before the encores.

This for me this is just *the* killer set ... grinning smiley

I'm so excited!! smiling bouncing smiley

Can't wait for the summer ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-26 00:10 by waterrats.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:13

waterrats
I wish they start with SFM again, put BS back on the list and play JJF as last song before the encores.

I won't go down the setlist rabbit hole, but I'd like to hear CYHMK played more regularly and GHS in it's entirety winking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:34

BeastyBurdeny
waterrats

I won't go down the setlist rabbit hole, but I'd like to hear CYHMK played more regularly and GHS in it's entirety winking smiley

Very nice! I'ld go for that, too, hehehe ...

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:37

I’ve never bought concert tics for Europe/UK. I’m assuming my Ticketmaster account for US won’t work. Please advise on how to buy tickets once available. Thanks & keep shining a light.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:47

BeastyBurdeny
waterrats

i will!smiling smiley

i hope they drop sfthd or miss you (since that's on every ones hit list) and play too much blood

i know not likely but who would have thought they would've played emotional rescue

and they could have bernard and sasha chase mick around with chainsawsgrinning smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:50

Iguanamom
I’ve never bought concert tics for Europe/UK. I’m assuming my Ticketmaster account for US won’t work. Please advise on how to buy tickets once available. Thanks & keep shining a light.
Just create new accounts for ticketmaster in the countries you wanna go to (I did it for e.g. tickets for Amsterdam).
UK: [www.ticketmaster.co.uk]
For Germany it might also be possible to get tickets here: [www.eventim.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-26 00:52 by MAF.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:53

and they could have bernard and sasha chase mick around with chainsaws

...... but what if they slip and saw Chuck's piano in half ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 26, 2022 00:55

Rockman

and that would be a problem how?winking smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 26, 2022 01:10

MAF
Iguanamom
Just create new accounts for ticketmaster in the countries you wanna go to (I did it for e.g. tickets for Amsterdam).
UK: [www.ticketmaster.co.uk]
For Germany it might also be possible to get tickets here: [www.eventim.de]

Agreed - you may have to set up an account per each country, but it can be done - I’ve travelled from US to Europe for several shows (HyDE Park, Stockholm, Prague) with little issue.

Date: February 26, 2022 01:20

and that would be a problem how?

It'd be grand to say sawdust memories ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 26, 2022 01:24

While we're talkin' international ticket orders, does anyone know if it will require using the apps for those ticket agencies, like TM does here in the US now? No more paper tickets here in the US, unlike in Europe in 2018...

In 2018, I paid for international postage for hard tickets for the Coventry and Manchester shows, but neither were posted to me. Manchester did e-mail me to say all international customers were to pick up at the box office, but never received a notice from Coventry or a refund for the postage from either order... both gigs' tickets were at the box office though...

Loving the rumors and anticipation for more shows this summer...Good luck to all gettin' seats and Rock On!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 26, 2022 01:29

TKinOH
While we're talkin' international ticket orders, does anyone know if it will require using the apps for those ticket agencies, like TM does here in the US now? No more paper tickets here in the US, unlike in Europe in 2018...

In 2018, I paid for international postage for hard tickets for the Coventry and Manchester shows, but neither were posted to me. Manchester did e-mail me to say all international customers were to pick up at the box office, but never received a notice from Coventry or a refund for the postage from either order... both gigs' tickets were at the box office though...

Loving the rumors and anticipation for more shows this summer...Good luck to all gettin' seats and Rock On!

even in the US you can get paper tickets (even when buying at ticketmaster)… At least that's what I did for Dylan's New York shows (since my phone is not a smart one)

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 26, 2022 01:36

Maybe for some gigs paper is available, but the only paper I got last year for The Stones was the Pit2 from the box office in Minneapolis to get me the wristband... all my other Stones shows were bar codes on the TM app.

Just curious how it was workin' for our European friends who have gone to some shows in the last 6 months, if they've had the chance...

Date: February 26, 2022 01:37

Rockman

you went over my head with that one rockman

but i nod and laugh alonggrinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:51

schwonek
GerardHennessy
treaclefingers
schwonek
A US or CAN show would be great but let then tour Europe first please. Step by step. They are not 70 anymore.

Not mocking what you're saying at all, but to stop and think about it, "They are not 70 anymore", as if that is a young age is truly remarkable.

It's true too...it's like 70 is now the latter stages of middle age.

Remarkable, particularly of course Mick, but Ronnie too.

Good point. I agree fully.

I find it quite extraordinary at how presumptuous many of the comments on this thread are. 'They need to tour here' 'No they need to tour there' 'It has been far too long since they toured somewhere else' etc, etc. As if this extraordinary group of players can somehow miraculously defy the passage of time and keep going into their 80s and beyond. I know there are a number of musicians still performing in their 80s - John Mayall and Dave Brock of Hawkwind to name just two. But they perform at nothing like the level of intensity and scale that The Stones do. Even Jagger, remarkable as he is, cannot go on fronting the band in the manner he does for much longer.

I get no pleasure from saying this. I have been accused previously for 'wanting to cancel The Stones'. Nothing could be further from the truth. But expecting the band to go trekking all round North America or South America or Asia or Europe for 2-3 months at a time, year after year, is a big commitment for men in their mid-late 70s.

Have a bit of perspective folks. Lets just be grateful they are still alive and well, or reasonably well, in some cases. And lets also be grateful for any performances that may take place, no matter how few in number.

I do have huge respect for them and I guess you just didnt understand my sense of humor. Oh well. Sorry for that.

Ha! No worries. Yes, I didn't catch your joke, but it worked even as a serious statement for the reason I gave. It's just funny that something like, "well it's not like they're in their 70s anymore" could possibly be misread is remarkable...but maybe not when it comes to the stones. It's just what we've come to expect, which is in and of itself remarkable.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 26, 2022 03:43

Rockman

From someone who saw the Plasmatics with Wendy O Williams back in the late 70s I wouldn't recommend that.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 26, 2022 03:50

TKinOH

BST Hyde Park will be AXS although Ticketmaster may have an allotment. I went to BST Hyde Park in 2018 and all tickets were mobile although you could go to will call and pick up hard tickets if you want.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 26, 2022 06:58

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

you went over my head with that one rockman

but i nod and laugh alonggrinning smiley

What kind of piano does he play.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 26, 2022 07:19

Hmm. You guys need more Hoagy Carmichael, or at least Woody Allen (if that name isn't banned).

As for Chuck, he only plays a piano in the studio and usually does a good job when he does play it. Likewise his organ work. The keyboards he uses on the road, on the other hand...

From the 12" single: "Very f*ckin' funny, Rockman!"

Date: February 26, 2022 07:24

AAAAHHHHHHHHH .... Yeah Rocky .....
You's right on da hammer ... cant trick you ole buddy ....

Stay Safe wont ya .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 26, 2022 08:25

Iguanamom

I’m in Australia. I use my Aussie account to buy tickets all over the world.

Rod

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 26, 2022 10:48

Not the same without Charlie.

Date: February 26, 2022 11:26

TKinOH

and keep in mind and/or be surprised that ticketsellers in Europe don't add very high fees to te ticketprices like they do in the US

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 26, 2022 12:38

Today in the austrian press. Tour announcement March 9, 14 shows and one show in Vienna

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 26, 2022 13:00

Vienna July 22, Ernst Happel Stadium

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 26, 2022 13:03

bernard90mike
Vienna July 22, Ernst Happel Stadium

OK thanks Bernard

Date: February 26, 2022 13:08

thomas guitar
Today in the austrian press. Tour announcement March 9, 14 shows and one show in Vienna

if 14 shows is correct…
we already 'know' of: 2x London, Munich, Frankfurt, Lyon, Vienna. BV also mentioned shows Spain and the Netherlands. That's already (at least) eight shows. In case there are more than two UK shows (which seems to be likely), there's not too much hope for many more shows in (mainland) Europe/other European counrties…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2022 13:14

[www.oe24.at]

And of course, the Austrian tabloid cites IORR winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-26 13:21 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 26, 2022 13:20

Topi

[www.oe24.at]

The original content is geo-blocked but you can read it also via the Google Cache - [Webcache.Googleusercontent.com] :

25. FEBRUAR 2022 · 22:00 UHR

HAPPEL-STADION FÜR 22. JULI RESERVIERT

Die Stones rollen wieder nach Wien!

von Thomas Zeidler

Es ist der Konzert-Hit des Jahres: am 22. Juli wollen die Rolling Stones nach Wien! Die geheimen Details.

Am 9. März wollen die Rolling Stones ihre Tourpläne für 2022 verkünden: 14 Europa-Konzerte zum 60. Bandgeburtstag. Die ersten Termine u.a. in München (5. Juni) , London (25. Juni und 3. Juli) oder Lyon (19. Juli) sind auf der Top-informierten Fan-Seite IORR bereits durchgesickert. Das wichtigste Datum darf ÖSTERREICH jetzt vermelden: Mick Jagger und Co. haben für den 22. Juli das Ernst Happel Stadion reserviert. Das ist das bereits 17. Austro-Konzert der Rock-Dinos, der erste Österreich-Stopp nach dem Tod von Charlie Watts im August 2021 und wohl die vermeintliche allerletzte Stones-Show auf heimischen Boden.

Insider. Fünf Jahre nach dem Rekord-Konzert in Spielberg (95.000 Fans) stand Wien bis zuletzt auf der Kippe. Die Stones hatten eigentlich große Freiflächen im Sinne und sogar ein Exklusiv-Konzert für den deutschsprachigen Raum auf der Münchener Messe angedacht. Aber Jagger hat nun kurzfristig umdisponiert. „Sie wollen lieber Stadien als Grünflächen spielen,“ so ein Tour-Insider.

Tribute. Für Wien planen die Stones eine 19 Song starke Greatest Hits-Show. Mit allen Krachern von "Start Me Up" über "Sympathy for the Devil" bis "Satisfaction", einem emotionellen Tribute für Watts und Steve Jordan als Ersatz-Mann. Die 54.000 Tickets für den Konzert-Hit des Jahres sollen bereits Mitte März in den Verkauf gehen -- [www.OE24.at] .

Translation:

HAPPEL STADIUM RESERVED FOR 22 JULY

The Stones roll into Vienna again!

by Thomas Zeidler

It's the concert hit of the year: on 22 July the Rolling Stones are coming to Vienna! The secret details.

On 9 March, the Rolling Stones will announce their tour plans for 2022: 14 European concerts to celebrate the band's 60th birthday. The first dates in Munich (5 June), London (25 June and 3 July) or Lyon (19 July), among others, have already been leaked on the top-informed fan website IORR. The most important date can now be announced by AUSTRIA: Mick Jagger and Co. have reserved the Ernst Happel Stadium for 22 July. This is already the 17th Austro-concert of the rock dinos, the first Austrian stop after the death of Charlie Watts in August 2021 and probably the supposed very last Stones show on home soil.

Insider. Five years after the record-breaking concert in Spielberg (95,000 fans), Vienna was on the line until the very end. The Stones actually had large open-air venues in mind and had even planned an exclusive concert for German-speaking countries at the Munich fair. But Jagger has now changed his plans at short notice. "They'd rather play stadiums than green spaces," said a tour insider.

Tribute. For Vienna, the Stones are planning a 19-song greatest hits show. With all the smash hits from "Start Me Up" and "Sympathy for the Devil" to "Satisfaction", an emotional tribute to Watts and Steve Jordan as a replacement man. The 54,000 tickets for the concert hit of the year are to go on sale as early as mid-March.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-26 13:30 by Irix.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 26, 2022 13:23

Come on lads. Do Denmark again!

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10