Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:04

Topi
I would trust BV's dates on those at this point, but that's just me.

Think about logistics and two stages in France, too. Leapfrog them and do Vienna in between. Right? Easier that way?

I trust bv's dates but since he doesn't have Gelsenkirchen nor Prague on his list it's hard to guess the dates

logistics/geography doesn't seem to be a real problem as the last US tour has shown

Date: March 11, 2022 12:07

it's not about trust. Things change. The Devils had Gelsenkirchen, Bern, Brussels right so they know something. Also on this board some people very decided that Paris will be the 23th show.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:07

slewan
Topi

Think about logistics and two stages in France, too. Leapfrog them and do Vienna in between. Right? Easier that way?

I trust bv's dates but since he doesn't have Gelsenkirchen nor Prague on his list it's hard to guess the dates

logistics/geography doesn't seem to be a real problem as the last US tour has shown

No but what I am saying it just might be easier for them NOT to the two France shows back to back. Have one stage in Lyon which then goes to Paris. Naturally they could also do them back-to-back and only then go to Vienna, but again that Vienna 23 July date has not budged on BV's list. Therefore I'd say BV has the correct order, he just does not have all the holes filled yet on his page.

Also my response was in relation to only the Brussels and Vienna dates here.

BTW any chance for some other German city besides Gelsenkirchen for the 2nd Germany date?

Date: March 11, 2022 12:09

Topi
slewan
Topi

No but what I am saying it just might be easier for them NOT to the two France shows back to back. Have one stage in Lyon which then goes to Paris. Naturally they could also do them back-to-back and only then go to Vienna, but again that Vienna 23 July date has not budged on BV's list. Therefore I'd say BV has the correct order, he just does not have all the holes filled yet on his page.

Also my response was in relation to only the Brussels and Vienna dates here.

BTW any chance for some other German city besides Gelsenkirchen for the 2nd Germany date?

based on the map it could be Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Koln. Also Oberhausen where they played before

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:10 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:11

Yeah that map is, well, perhaps not that accurate geographically smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:11 by Topi.

Posted by: Aron ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:11

Reyers tower Brussels

Date: March 11, 2022 12:13

Topi
Yeah that map is, well, perhaps not that accurate geographically smiling smiley

I think it is. Only Liverpool seems very off. The German cities are very very close to each other, so it could be any of them. However Gelsenkirchen is the only rumour and came out of the blue.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:13

I gotta go check out the tower of the Olympic Stadium here in Helsinki after dark!

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:14

Eiffel Tower on the tongue... OK for Paris.
Just posted by a guy from the mairie de Paris:
[twitter.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:19

So is Mick going to have his way after all ? That would certainly more "interesting" than yet another concert in a field.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:21

The Liverpool rumours seem strong. More likely done by someone with poor knowledge of UK geography!

Date: March 11, 2022 12:22

Hopefully my geographic teacher won't turn over in his grave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 13:47 by child-of-the-moon.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:23

PaintMonkeyManBlack
it's not about trust. Things change. The Devils had Gelsenkirchen, Bern, Brussels right so they know something. Also on this board some people very decided that Paris will be the 23th show.

With due respect, you asked me what I thought, and my response was I think I will trust BV's dates - and have planned my Vienna booking accordingly. I'll leave it that as far as Brussels and Vienna dates go. smiling smiley

I still do have a backup plan for Vienna at this point, should it be the weekday show the following week.

(I won't be going to Brussels, will be in Krakow from July 11 thru July 15, got a Pearl Jam show there on the 14th)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:25 by Topi.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:25

gotdablouse
So is Mick going to have his way after all ? That would certainly more "interesting" than yet another concert in a field.

no, most likely they use the Eiffel tour just as a symbol for Paris

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:29

Topi

It seems on the map that Munich is corrrect

Date: March 11, 2022 12:29

Yes, but there's another tongue in Germany on the map besides Munich.

Tend to agree that the Eiffel Tower is just a symbol for Paris and not a reference to the actual venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:30 by Topi.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:33

Topi

Bern = Switzerland

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:33

You know what, I love this exact moment. I love this excitement here, looking for clues etc. This is one of the best things next to the Stones show!

I hope to go to Vienna, Prague (closest place from Kraków, where I live) and maybe Liverpool/London. Excited for official announcement. It is too late or too early to book hotels etc.? smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:34

slewan
gotdablouse

no, most likely they use the Eiffel tour just as a symbol for Paris

Agreed, however that tweet came from the "Premier Adjoint" of the Mayor so who knows...The fact that Paris was apparently added after Lyon was deemed to be the only French show could also mean that some "negotiations" happened.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:38

I try to publish dates and show locations as accurate as possible, so that fans on IORR may book hotels and plan travel before the hotels near the venues double or triple their prices. I have many single sources, then I have to protect these sources and wait until I have 1-2 other reliable sources. Like I have said before, on this tour, like on the last tour, there is a show every four days, that is the norm. May be they change this now, a bit, due to recent changes, as one city seems to be taken off the list, and 2-3 more cities are added. Please read my comments here, I will add stuff as I get more info, also update the list of tour rumoured tour dates. The official announcement is expected soon.

Bjornulf

Date: March 11, 2022 12:39

slewan
Topi

Bern = Switzerland

I took that into account. And by "besides" I did not mean next to Munich, rather in addition to Munich. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:40 by Topi.

Posted by: calipachangero ()

Topi

Tend to agree that the Eiffel Tower is just a symbol for Paris and not a reference to the actual venue.

Ah I see. Probably even Bielefeld?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()

See their Instagram page

Rod

Date: March 11, 2022 12:43

zgredzik
It is too late or too early to book hotels etc.? smiling smiley

I would do refundable/cancellable bookings still.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:44

Topi
slewan
Topi

Bern = Switzerland

I took that into account. And by "besides" I did not mean next to Munich, rather in addition to Munich. smiling smiley

and where do you see that tongue?

Date: March 11, 2022 12:46

calipachangero
Topi

Ah I see. Probably even Bielefeld?

If there's one thing for sure: it won't be Bielefeld. There is no suitable venue in Bielefeld

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:47

[/quote]

based on the map it could be Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Koln. Also Oberhausen where they played before[/quote]

Gelsenkirchen and Düsseldorf are the most likely, as both stadiums are used for concerts regularly. Dortmund never, the Oberhausen "field" they played on is no longer usable, I think, and there are not many shows in the stadium in Cologne (but some on the field in front of the stadium).

Anyway, if it's Gelsenkirchen I can go there by bike. And my first ever Stones show was in Gelsenkirchen in 1990, so things would come full circle for me, sort of.

Date: March 11, 2022 12:48

some side observation: speculating on the shows/dates, reflecting where to go, how to travel etc. I sometimes tend to forget that the pandemic is not over yet (in Germany experts are expecting another wave in summer)

Date: March 11, 2022 12:51

bv
May be they change this now, a bit, due to recent changes, as one city seems to be taken off the list, and 2-3 more cities are added.

this could mean Liverpool will be replaced by an other venue as I don't see any other cities from the list who are not in the map

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:52

Yeah I just looked it all up on Google Maps and it's definitely Prague...the 2nd German city is the big mystery now :p winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 12:57 by ronniewoody91.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home