Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:12

Oh wow, Brussels the day before the anniversary?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:12

JumpingKentFlash
I fear no Danish shows. Of course there’s gonna be a show in Stockholm, but if that’s the only Scandinavian one, there’ll likely be both Danish and Norwegian fans wanting tix.

I have heard a rumour about a Danish show, but if that doesn’t materialise on BV’s list, it’s probably not happening.

I wouldn’t lose hope - BVs list in 2018 didn’t include Cardiff but they did a Cardiff show. BV’s list doesn’t mention the RAH but I’m still holding out that they announce it.

Date: March 10, 2022 09:16

so symphathy for the devils do know something, but there dates are off.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:33

PaintMonkeyManBlack

hoping for purely selfish reasons that their dates are off, personally I wouldn't mind going to either Vienna or Paris on July 23rd but Paris is harder to sell to my friend, I guess xD but if Vienna was on the 15th it would be okay too tho, so it doesn't really matter too much...really hope they'll finally officially announce the tour asap grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:42

Rollin92
JumpingKentFlash
I fear no Danish shows. Of course there’s gonna be a show in Stockholm, but if that’s the only Scandinavian one, there’ll likely be both Danish and Norwegian fans wanting tix.

I have heard a rumour about a Danish show, but if that doesn’t materialise on BV’s list, it’s probably not happening.

I wouldn’t lose hope - BVs list in 2018 didn’t include Cardiff but they did a Cardiff show. BV’s list doesn’t mention the RAH but I’m still holding out that they announce it.

not correct – bv mentioned Cardiff first on "Feb 26: Cardiff rumoured show added", see: [iorr.org]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:48

WelshEdge1
Longchamps is a decent venue.

San Siro is iconic.

Longchamp is not a "venue" it's a field in the middle of nowhere. Acceptable for a festival I suppose but for a single concert it makes no sense other than the fact that it must be cheaper to hire as there is practically zero infrastructure, unlike a stadium. The UArena on the other hand is ideally located, bang next to transportation, but likely deemed too small.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 10, 2022 10:00

As far as Vienna goes, hotel prices on some of the weekdays after the weekend of July 22-24 are higher than the weekend - for some reason. This doesn't necessarily mean anything, just an observation. I also don't have any idea which other events are booked there that week.

Especially July 28 seems to be a bit more expensive around Ernst Happel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 10:08 by Topi.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 10, 2022 10:01

gotdablouse
WelshEdge1

San Siro is iconic.

Longchamp is not a "venue" it's a field in the middle of nowhere. Acceptable for a festival I suppose but for a single concert it makes no sense other than the fact that it must be cheaper to hire as there is practically zero infrastructure, unlike a stadium. The UArena on the other hand is ideally located, bang next to transportation, but likely deemed too small.
how to get there? i mean,what is best transport option? i suppose there is no metro station,that is close enough...maybe bus?

Date: March 10, 2022 10:04

the fact that bv added some dates and didnt change vienna gives me hope.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:10

Don't look now, but I was listening to Brussels Affair as BV added the rumor!

What should I listen to next? winking smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 10, 2022 10:17

Topi

Mr Luck? winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 10:19

Topi

I'd say Live at the Marquee 1971, but sadly the Marquee doesn't exist anymore :/

after that entire rumour dump last night, I figured I'll now just wait and see...I mean as Bjornulf said a few sites prior, before they announce it and actually are in town, the dates aren't 150% safe anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 10:19 by ronniewoody91.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:19

vienna prices highest 13,14,15 july. would be in line with the devil list

edit/ ah guns and roses are in town then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 10:20 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 10, 2022 10:25

Hippodrome of Longchamp is not in the middle of nowhere, it's in inner Paris, close to Rolland Garros and Parc des Princes.
It's really much easier to go to Longchamp than to go to Stade de France.

Untill the building of Stade of de France, much of the big concerts in Paris took place in one of the parisian hippodrome: Vincennes, Longchamp or Auteuil.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:26

novica
gotdablouse
WelshEdge1

San Siro is iconic.

how to get there? i mean,what is best transport option? i suppose there is no metro station,that is close enough...maybe bus?

Hippodrome of Longchamp is not in the middle of nowhere, it's in inner Paris, close to Rolland Garros and Parc des Princes.

Untill the building of Stade of de France, much of the big concerts in Paris took place in one of the parisian hippodrome: Vincennes, Longchamp or Auteuil.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:28

And Longchamp is located in a very safe and calm part of Paris.

Not the case of Stade de France...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2022 10:34

MRAmandaJones

D'accord. Pretty central by Stones standards (vs. Spielberg, Werchter, Circuit of the Americas, etc.). Just an 80-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 10, 2022 10:53

ronniewoody91
PaintMonkeyManBlack

hoping for purely selfish reasons that their dates are off, personally I wouldn't mind going to either Vienna or Paris on July 23rd but Paris is harder to sell to my friend, I guess xD but if Vienna was on the 15th it would be okay too tho, so it doesn't really matter too much...really hope they'll finally officially announce the tour asap grinning smiley

I'm really sorry winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 11:12

DeanGoodman
MRAmandaJones

D'accord. Pretty central by Stones standards (vs. Spielberg, Werchter, Circuit of the Americas, etc.). Just an 80-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.

40 minutes by metro/bus from Châtelet (center of Paris).

Date: March 10, 2022 11:13

ronniewoody91
Topi

I'd say Live at the Marquee 1971, but sadly the Marquee doesn't exist anymore :/

after that entire rumour dump last night, I figured I'll now just wait and see...I mean as Bjornulf said a few sites prior, before they announce it and actually are in town, the dates aren't 150% safe anyway...

I like that thinking about the year 1971 though.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: March 10, 2022 11:50

MRAmandaJones
novica
gotdablouse
WelshEdge1

San Siro is iconic.

I agree - and besides being around my corner smiling bouncing smiley, it has been fully modernized with a high end tribune to watch the horse races. I'm sure Charlie knew the place well. Much nicer area than Stade de France. Festival feel. Though I'm likely on holiday - hopefully it's end end end of July.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 11:51 by damnation.

Date: March 10, 2022 12:55

We're a sticky thread now, so things are heating up!

I'm still trying to figure out the order of Paris, Lyon and Vienna. From a logistics standpoint wouldn't it actually make sense to leapfrog the Lyon stage to Paris and do Vienna in between, keeping Vienna on the 23rd?

Just something to consider. I do acknowledge the latest rumors coming out of France, putting Paris on that weekend slot there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 12:58 by Topi.

Date: March 10, 2022 13:10

ngl, not too thrilled about the Gelsenkirchen rumour and it doesn't make too much sense, it's just such a bland and boring and random city (especially considering that almost all other cities on the list are capitols or otherwise nice big meaningful cities in the respective countries) what happened to Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Berlin?

Date: March 10, 2022 13:20

Topi
We're a sticky thread now, so things are heating up!

I'm still trying to figure out the order of Paris, Lyon and Vienna. From a logistics standpoint wouldn't it actually make sense to leapfrog the Lyon stage to Paris and do Vienna in between, keeping Vienna on the 23rd?

Just something to consider. I do acknowledge the latest rumors coming out of France, putting Paris on that weekend slot there.

looking at the last tours it's quite obvious that they don't care about geopgraphy/logistics…
(Berlin -> Marseille –> Stuttgar -> Prague in 2018)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 13:21 by slewan.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 10, 2022 13:22

What happened to Bremen it's only been 24 years

Date: March 10, 2022 13:23

ronniewoody91
ngl, not too thrilled about the Gelsenkirchen rumour and it doesn't make too much sense, it's just such a bland and boring and random city (especially considering that almost all other cities on the list are capitols or otherwise nice big meaningful cities in the respective countries) what happened to Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Berlin?

Gelsenkirchen as a city doesn't make sense, but the Ruhr area is the most densly populated regions in Germany. And it doesn't matter to them if the play Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Cologne, Düsseldorf or maybe even Bochum. The choice of were to play in (or close to) the Ruhr area is just a matter of available venues.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 10, 2022 13:28

ronniewoody91
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I've booked a refundable 5 nights in Vienna to cover the 23 rd July date . .
Have just checked 5 nights to cover July 15 th date and they are the same price 330 euro's..
Also , as pointed out elsewhere, Guns n Roses play the same stadium on July 13th.

Date: March 10, 2022 13:29

slewan

looking at the last tours it's quite obvious that they don't care about geopgraphy/logistics…
(Berlin -> Marseille –> Stuttgar -> Prague in 2018)

So very true. The 2021 rescheduled US tour was probably the craziest.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 10, 2022 13:40

ronniewoody91
ngl, not too thrilled about the Gelsenkirchen rumour and it doesn't make too much sense

Well, I guess it is the fourth largest stadium in Germany and fits ca 10.000 more people than Duesseldorf or Cologne.
About 5,1 mio people live in this region. In Berlin live just 3,6 mio, Munich 1,3 mio. A lot of the people in this region are not really rich but they will be able to pay for a Stones ticket!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 13:40 by schwonek.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 10, 2022 13:43

Well, it's rather easy for them to travel. Maybe it will take one hour more than when the concerts are close to each other. What matters is that the equipment must be there on time. In the US in 2021 they travelled between the coasts but stage sets didn't. More or less.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home