Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:14

According to the journalist Julian Ruiz, the change of stadium in Madrid, Santiago Bernabeu for the Wanda Metropolitano, causes the announcement of the tour to be delayed from March 9 to March 14!!!!

[www.plasticosydecibelios.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 19:20 by serpico71.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:30

That story also seems to imply the tour start date would be June 2 or June 3. (Isn't that cutting it a bit close with the rumored Munich date of June 5?)

Anyhow, BV already changed the Madrid venue on his list.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:49

Topi
That story also seems to imply the tour start date would be June 2 or June 3. (Isn't that cutting it a bit close with the rumored Munich date of June 5?)

Anyhow, BV already changed the Madrid venue on his list.

the report says that the floor of Bernabeu stadium would not be finished on June 2/3. But this does not imply that the can't play in the other stadium on June 1st (or on another day)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 7, 2022 20:00

Please do note that some journalists are copycats. They lift info from IORR and they make their own stories, not even quoting IORR. That is why I never comment unless I have several sources, I hate to see a bad rumor echoed by the press, as if it was the truth. Some of the press this year is simply lifted from comments in this IORR thread, not really from proper local sources.

The largest stadium in Madrid, home ground of Real Madrid - Santiago Bernabeu - is currently under maintenance constructions, as far as I know. The 2nd largest stadium in Madrid, Wanda Metropolitano, is the home ground of Atletico Madrid. It was reopened with a extende football capacity of 65,000 people in 2017, i.e. concert capacity of 50,000 or so. It will be a great stadium to see The Rolling Stones.

Since 2019, they play every 4 days, unless it is the last show of the tour. This is both for trucking and resting. Some of the distances on this summer tour are quite long, so they do need this time between shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 7, 2022 20:05

serpico71
According to the journalist Julian Ruiz, the change of stadium in Madrid, Santiago Bernabeu for the Wanda Metropolitano, causes the announcement of the tour to be delayed from March 9 to March 14!!!!

[www.plasticosydecibelios.com]

It's hard to imagine that a venue change would be the cause of a five-day delay in the tour announcement, if Bernabeu was even in serious consideration. Carlitos quickly dismissed the blogger's initial Bernabeu speculation. It is a construction zone, after all.

More importantly Spain is the best place in Europe to see the Stones, so it is interesting that the Stones would front-load the tour this way. They're usually a bit rusty in the first few shows, so might be counting on the exuberant locals to help them lift their game and sustain them for the rest of the trek.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 7, 2022 21:11

Guess whose birthday it is on 2nd of June.....? And I don't mean my sisters.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2022 21:35

Charlie Watts

ROCKMAN

Date: March 7, 2022 22:20

From RockerParis

ROLLING STONES should announce European Tour in a few days. It will be held between early June and late July.
First date in Madrid at the Atletico stadium/Wanda Metropolitano, then concerts in Munich, Amsterdam, Liverpool, 2 nights in Hyde Park, Lyon on July 19th among others... We are also talking about a 60th anniversary concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Thx to Doug on Shidoobee

[facebook.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 7, 2022 22:28

DiegoGlimmerStones
From RockerParis

ROLLING STONES should announce European Tour in a few days. It will be held between early June and late July.
First date in Madrid at the Atletico stadium/Wanda Metropolitano, then concerts in Munich, Amsterdam, Liverpool, 2 nights in Hyde Park, Lyon on July 19th among others... We are also talking about a 60th anniversary concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Thx to Doug on Shidoobee

[facebook.com]

exactly what is here on IORR…

Date: March 7, 2022 22:44

Yeah, going around in circles here smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 8, 2022 00:10

I am sure we will see some Stones activity before they announce the tour. So if we don't hear from them before Monday, they will announce at a later date.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: March 8, 2022 05:10

stabilo
No it’s ok leave it at anfield
Im guessing you’re familiar with the area. Should I plan on staying very close to Anfield stadium or will it be relatively easy getting to/from central Liverpool for the show. Thanks for the help-This is my 1st UK trip.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 8, 2022 05:40

Looking forward to seeing what the Liverpool and Royal Albert Hall posters look like

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 10:28

Maybe this is a dumb question but I was wondering how likely it is that the dates that already have been mentioned for shows (like Hyde Park 1 on June 25th or Vienna on July 23rd) actually are gonna be on those days? I know now it's probably only a matter of days for them to finally officially announce the tour and I probably should just wait and see, but I am excited xD a friend and I really wanna go to London and Vienna (and Munich too just cause it's in Germany)

Date: March 8, 2022 10:33

Ronniewoody91: usually if BV posts a rumor with a date, that date proves to be true in the end. His track record is excellent. However it might also be off by a day or two, that has happened as well.

Still, we know that for Hyde Park, the previous night (June 24) and the night after (June 26) are already booked (Elton John and The Eagles, respectively) so I'd say that the June 25 date is very likely. That date got accidentally leaked by the website hiring volunteers for the show. What's more, BST/Hyde Park is a weekend festival, so the Stones are not going to be playing there on Thursday the 23rd.

As far as Vienna, I think the local press mentioned it's either the 22nd or the 23rd. It cannot hurt to book (refundable) accommodation for both scenarios. I've already got my bases covered in Vienna. Note that the rumored Lyon date is July 19, and the Stones usually take 3 full days off between shows, so I'd say July 23rd is more likely for Vienna than July 22nd.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-08 10:45 by Topi.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 10:57

Thanks, Topi for the detailed explanation! I didn't know so far that BTS is a WE festival but I guees this truly would make the 25th most likely. We already booked a room from the 24th-28th, so hopefully that should be fine smiling smiley
As for Vienna it's about the question whether to just take Friday off from work or also Thursday, but oh well it's a beautiful city we've never been to, so it wouldn't hurt staying a day longer, I guess^^

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2022 12:39

When planning for Stones Tour travel it is important to keep in mind this, as written in all the IORR Rumoured Tour Dates pages:

Don't pay for expensive travel until concerts are confirmed, and please note that even confirmed concerts may change. This list is supplied by the IORR fan club to fans, for your convenient planning in Stonesland.

During the UK Tour 2018 there were talks about options for Southampton and Coventry, then we got the two dates we all know eventually. Nothing is final until contracts are signed, trucks are in town, and the band members are all ready.

During the 2019 US tour two dates were changed during the tour - New Orleans and Maimi. Also most of that tour got changed after the announcement, as we all know.

The US Tour last year were a great success with no changes, in the middle of the pandemic, it was just a mix of hard work and a bit of luck. Hopefully this tour in Europe will be equally successful.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 8, 2022 12:41

Well, my youngest brother will be joining me for one of two Hyde Park shows. We attended Twickenham in 2017 together; great day! It should be easy-enough to get a couple of tickets, I’m sure.

My partner’s brother is an employee of The Royal Albert Hall. He’s been able to get her a ticket from events in the past, but I suspect asking for help with a potential Stones’ 60th show is a little much; the demand! I can imagine the stress of getting a ticket for such a performance and ‘one-off’ IF a special show, at this special venue, dies take place, it could be one to sit out and enjoy an official release of. Oh, how great it’d be, though!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 13:43

Ronnie Wood’s Facebook has been dropping photos lately of Mick T playing with the band and Ronnie - perhaps a hint that MT will be playing. If they do a RAH gig I really hope Bill is invited to play - I doubt he will play outdoors at his age.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2022 14:12

Ronnie's Facebook has posted one photo of MT recently - essentially a plug for "Mr.Luck".

[m.facebook.com]

Date: March 8, 2022 14:22

Not sure if I would read too much into that Mick Taylor photo either.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2022 14:51

Iguanamom
Im guessing you’re familiar with the area. Should I plan on staying very close to Anfield stadium or will it be relatively easy getting to/from central Liverpool for the show. Thanks for the help-This is my 1st UK trip.

Stadium is less than three miles to central Liverpool.
I've only been once, but plan on staying in central Liverpool again.
Plenty of lodging options for either it looks like, but much easier to travel just for the show as opposed to back and forth from the central district.
Twenty minute bus ride, or Uber etc.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 8, 2022 16:06

I've been to Anfield quite a few times. Takes about 40 minutes walking back to the city centre. Many do this after games, just follow the flow from behind The Kop.
There also buses going to and from Anfield-Commutation Row, takes about 10-15 minutes. More info: [www.liverpoolfc.com]

About accommodation, chose to stay in the city centre. Lots of hotels + plenty of great pubs and restaurants. There is not much going on around Anfield.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:15

Hi, little offtop, because I want to see Stones few times this year. Do you remember if Lucky Dips were available for such huge, fast-selling concerts as Hyde Park? Cause it will surely sell out in a minute, so I don't know if I can just try for Lucky Dip or it's better to buy regular ticket. Thanks

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:23

zgredzik
Hi, little offtop, because I want to see Stones few times this year. Do you remember if Lucky Dips were available for such huge, fast-selling concerts as Hyde Park? Cause it will surely sell out in a minute, so I don't know if I can just try for Lucky Dip or it's better to buy regular ticket. Thanks

It doesn't have something to do if a concert is fast-selling or not. Every concert that is a Rolling Stones only concert had lucky dips in the last years. This includes field concerts like Spielberg, Burl's Creek or smaller places like Berlin Waldbühne or Hard Rock Florida. The only concert that didn't have one was Bufallo 2020, which didn't take place in the end. But there it was specifically mentioned that they were not available.

On the other side the Stones play festivals like BST Hyde Park, Rock in Rio, Pinkpop, JazzFest, Werchter Classic and so on! For these concerts there have never ever been Lucky Dip tickets.

So I think there won't be Lucky Dips for Hyde Park!

Date: March 8, 2022 17:48

Also, Hyde Park will not "sell out in a minute". You're talking about 65,000 tickets x 2.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:51

hockenheim95
zgredzik

It doesn't have something to do if a concert is fast-selling or not. Every concert that is a Rolling Stones only concert had lucky dips in the last years. This includes field concerts like Spielberg, Burl's Creek or smaller places like Berlin Waldbühne or Hard Rock Florida. The only concert that didn't have one was Bufallo 2020, which didn't take place in the end. But there it was specifically mentioned that they were not available.

On the other side the Stones play festivals like BST Hyde Park, Rock in Rio, Pinkpop, JazzFest, Werchter Classic and so on! For these concerts there have never ever been Lucky Dip tickets.

There were no LD's for Buffalo as I think in the state of New York there is some law that does not allow tickets like that.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:58

hockenheim95
zgredzik

Yeah, you are right, I forgot that I bought LD for Spielberg and Prague shows.

Elton John's concert sold out very quickly, Adele concerts too, that's why I suppose it will sell out quickly.

Probably you are right, it will be the part of BST so it can have other rules of tickets. I hope we will now everything the day they will announce tour.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 8, 2022 18:23

There is Glastonbury festival with Macca, maibe the same day of Hide Park 1.
Hard send 65000 tickets, but i've buy fly ticket and refundable hotel spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-08 18:27 by Sici.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 8, 2022 18:43

zgredzik

Elton John's concert sold out very quickly, Adele concerts too, that's why I suppose it will sell out quickly.

Probably you are right, it will be the part of BST so it can have other rules of tickets. I hope we will now everything the day they will announce tour.

I'll second that. People are HUNGRY:

- It's probably the last tour
- 2 years we have seen without the usual concerts

Yes, tickets will sell. Quickly.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10