Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 3, 2022 12:01

Well there we go. Up to seven stops (out of 14?) now, so there's the other half left to figure out.

While I have the floor, it was brought to my attention that Live Nation Finland was supposed to make a stadium concert announcement for the newly-renovated Helsinki Olympic Stadium a week ago, but it got pushed back by two weeks - to next week. Coincidentally, the Stones tour is expected to be announced next week as well...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 12:04 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 3, 2022 12:44

Topi
While I have the floor, it was brought to my attention that Live Nation Finland was supposed to make a stadium concert announcement for the newly-renovated Helsinki Olympic Stadium a week ago, but it got pushed back by two weeks - to next week. Coincidentally, the Stones tour is expected to be announced next week as well...

A mini-surprise concert?

Date: March 3, 2022 12:50

Beats me winking smiley But besides the Stones, which stadium-size acts are rumored, but yet to officially announce European tours for this year?

Date: March 3, 2022 12:52

Paul right?

Date: March 3, 2022 12:58

I guess there's that - after all, he outright cancelled his Euro tour of 2020 without postponing it. To be honest, I'm not updated on the latest Macca rumors. I did hear the Glastonbury rumor on here.

Anyways, interesting times - hope we get more "leaks" soon!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 3, 2022 13:05

For those who attended the Hyde Park show(s) in 2013, how were they in comparison to, say, Twickenham, in terms of view and sound? As much as I wouldn't mind catching the Stones one more time, standing in a vast field doesn't quite appeal to me.

Date: March 3, 2022 13:14

I'd say get a ticket as close to the stage as possible. I was in "Tier 2", on the rail at the end of the catwalk. In 2013 they had a three-tiered ticketing system: GA, Tier 2 and Tier 1.

Tier 1 was basically half of what the "No Filter" pit" has been from 2017 to 2021 (Keith's side). However, if you had a GA ticket and turned up early, you could make the front of stage on Ronnie's side.

Back in Tier 2 there were no problems as far as as sights or sounds.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 3, 2022 13:25

Ticket alarm and customized biography eventim.de

The Rolling Stones can claim many superlatives for themselves. Above all, they are the oldest rock group on the planet - in 2022 the British cult band will celebrate their 60th anniversary

For more than half a century, the legendary Rolling Stones have
embodied the spirit of rock 'n' roll like no other music group. Although a few other musicians have played in the band over the years, the core is still frontman Mick Jagger (born 1943), Keith Richards (also born 1943) and Ronnie Wood (born 1947). Charlie Watts was behind the drum kit almost from the start, before the drummer passed away in 2021 at the age of 80. That the other members will carry on despite this bitter loss is as certain as the Amen in the church - "the rolling stones" cannot be stopped by anything.

[www.eventim.de]

Date: March 3, 2022 13:28

ticketmaster.nl dutch
ticketmaster.co.uk uk
ticketmaster.at austria
eventim.de germany

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:19

I was in GA and turned up early (about 1 pm) and had a good view and sound throughout despite being further from the stage than I would normally choose. Spent most of the time sitting on the grass, only standing up when a band was on. There was one big surge towards the stage once the Stones were a few songs into their set, so we had to grab our stuff fast (we had anticipated this). Those who arrived later in the day would have been miles from the stage and only seen the show on the big screens. It was a very hot day, but I tried to limit my liquid intake as it was a major headache getting to the toilets and back from our spot.

Date: March 3, 2022 14:25

PaintMonkeyManBlack
ticketmaster.nl dutch
ticketmaster.co.uk uk
ticketmaster.at austria
eventim.de germany

Note that in 2018 AXS also handled UK ticketing.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:28

Hoping for Gothenburg and Oslo. Hyde park is a given.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 14:32 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:31

Big Al
For those who attended the Hyde Park show(s) in 2013, how were they in comparison to, say, Twickenham, in terms of view and sound? As much as I wouldn't mind catching the Stones one more time, standing in a vast field doesn't quite appeal to me.
I´ve seen the band at Twickenham 3 times, and it´s hell afterwards concerning public transport, or any transport at all... Was at both Hyde Park gigs in 2013, as since it is in central London, so much easier regarding transportation. And the surroundings are very nice!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:34

Was at the first Hyde Park date in 2013. Had a blast and the atmosphere was great.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:35

Big Al
It was a great show in 2013 in Hyde Park. The atmosphere and weather was great. I was lucky enough to be with some friends who were at the show in 1969. I still prefer to see and hear the Stones with their own equipment. For that reason, Twickenham was better but we may now have a choice this time.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:51

First Hyde Park wasn't that great. Especially after the great Glastonbury gig.
The second was much better.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 3, 2022 15:07

The thing I remembered The mist from Hyde Park I in 2013 is that Keith screwed up the SMU-intro. But in The end it was a great gig with an amazing atmospfhere and hot weather.

Date: March 3, 2022 15:17

RG
The thing I remembered The mist from Hyde Park I in 2013 is that Keith screwed up the SMU-intro. But in The end it was a great gig with an amazing atmospfhere and hot weather.
Scarf me up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 3, 2022 16:01

Hyde Park was fine for sound, even in Tier 3, and with good weather the atmosphere was lovely. I enjoyed it. But if you wanted a decent view, or a seat, you needed to either pay through the nose for it, or arrive very early to bag a spot and then spend hours on a very hot day defending it. At the back of Tier 3 you had to depend on screens.

Also, there was huge confusion beforehand over the various ticketing levels, which I hope will not be repeated.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 3, 2022 16:04

mickijaggeroo

I´ve seen the band at Twickenham 3 times, and it´s hell afterwards concerning public transport, or any transport at all... Was at both Hyde Park gigs in 2013, as since it is in central London, so much easier regarding transportation. And the surroundings are very nice!

I would prefer Twickenham again, but wouldn't battle any transportation issues.
Ten minute walk to the hotel, and the surroundings were also fantastic.

Got my lifetime membership card to the Eel Pie Museum, would love a reason to visit again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 16:06 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 3, 2022 16:43

Lien

The Rolling Stones can claim many superlatives for themselves. Above all, they are the oldest rock group on the planet - in 2022 the British cult band will celebrate their 60th anniversary

embodied the spirit of rock 'n' roll like no other music group. Although a few other musicians have played in the band over the years, the core is still frontman Mick Jagger (born 1943), Keith Richards (also born 1943) and Ronnie Wood (born 1947). Charlie Watts was behind the drum kit almost from the start, before the drummer passed away in 2021 at the age of 80. That the other members will carry on despite this bitter loss is as certain as the Amen in the church - "the rolling stones" cannot be stopped by anything.

[www.eventim.de]

Whatever The Stones embody now, it sure ain't the spirit of rock'n'roll. The spirit of business, commerce and financial paydays maybe. But certainly not rock'n'roll.

And I'm afraid I see nothing superlative in them being the oldest rock group on the planet. That feels more like a marketing strapline for a musical novelty act. 'Roll up. Roll Up. Come see the oldest rock band in the world. Marvel at their ability to stand upright without falling over. See and hear them play their own instruments and sing AT THE SAME TIME. Roll Up. Roll Up...'

Its enough to make me weep...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 3, 2022 17:00

GerardHennessy
Lien

[www.eventim.de]

Whatever The Stones embody now, it sure ain't the spirit of rock'n'roll. The spirit of business, commerce and financial paydays maybe. But certainly not rock'n'roll.

And I'm afraid I see nothing superlative in them being the oldest rock group on the planet. That feels more like a marketing strapline for a musical novelty act. 'Roll up. Roll Up. Come see the oldest rock band in the world. Marvel at their ability to stand upright without falling over. See and hear them play their own instruments and sing AT THE SAME TIME. Roll Up. Roll Up...'

When did it end for you?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2022 17:33

MisterDDDD
mickijaggeroo

I would prefer Twickenham again, but wouldn't battle any transportation issues.
Ten minute walk to the hotel, and the surroundings were also fantastic.

Got my lifetime membership card to the Eel Pie Museum, would love a reason to visit again!

Haha, once I was with my friends heading from Richmond to Twickenham gig, and despite it being such an easy walk and a stone throw distance, I managed to lost the way. Then I ended up asking people 'hey, excuse me, but where is Twickenham?' And they said: 'well, you just follow all the people here going for a Stones gig'. Okay, I couldn't help but laugh...

- Doxa

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 3, 2022 17:44

No problems with either Twickenham or Hyde park.

Stayed at the back at Hyde park for a few songs, then made our way to get a decent view halfway through.

Twickenham been 3 times, grabbed something like £120 for £60 and was 7 rows from the stage, other tickets were on the side and back but still good enough.

Had to choose, twickenham edges it for me.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 3, 2022 17:56

I saw the stones at Twickenham the last time and I work there at every rugby event these days so I'm very used to how to it and it's an awesome venue. Yeah it can be hell to leave the area but nothing is going to ruin a Stones show for me so it doesn't matter. Hyde Park 2013 was great also so I don't mind to go to either venue this tour smiling smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:23

Hi, everyone

One quick question: I live in Canada and I have an account at ticketmaster.ca but I'm planning to buy tickets for the Vienna show since I'll be in Europe at that time.

Do I need to create an account at ticketmaster.as Austria?

I already bought tickets for shows in the US in the past using my Canadian account without problems. I've seen some people talking about that on the forum and some seem to say that I indeed have to create a new account.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:40

NashvilleBlues
GerardHennessy
Lien

[www.eventim.de]

When did it end for you?

Great question. The honest answer is I can't pin it down to a specific moment, or event. It gradually set in, I guess, over about a five year period straddling the 50th anniversary. Significant factors were the absence of a new album for the accompanying tour, the dawning realisation that the set list was quite static, the suffocating emphasis on money, money, money, and the supremacy of spectacle over musical content when they did play. So when I half-heartedly failed to get tickets for any of the London events in 2013 I realised I just didn't care any more. I had discovered newer, more vital, more interesting bands, and The Stones just seemed rather staid and safe.

I get no pleasure from this at all. Very much the opposite. I adored The Stones for so much of my life. They epitomised the rebelliousness, insouciance, swagger and outlaw-like attitude I had always been drawn to. Now they seemed to have metamorphosed into the very thing they had rebelled against. Of course they could still put on show, but, horror of horrors, it all felt rather artificial and staged.

So that was it. For me!

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:59

Well I bet they come To Germany North-Rhine Wesfalia ...maybe Cologne or Duesseldorf!!! Otherwise I get out of control!hot smiley

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 3, 2022 20:21

GerardHennessy
Lien

[www.eventim.de]

Weep away

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 3, 2022 20:45

daniel t

Do I need to create an account at ticketmaster.as Austria?

Wait for the official Tour-announcement by the Rolling Stones. Under [RollingStones.com] you'll find all links to the official Ticket-sales. These links are also the only official way to get Lucky-Dip-Tickets first hand.

Eventim is a large company in Europe and the main competitor of Ticketmaster there. They have also subsidiaries beside Germany under different names, e.g. [www.oeticket.com] in Austria, [www.ticketcorner.ch] in Switzerland or [www.TicketOne.it] in Italia. It's not clear yet if the Stones will use Ticketmaster or Eventim for the Ticket-sale. FanSale is btw the official fan-to-fan Ticket-resale by Eventim.

You can try to log-in with your Canadian Ticketmaster-data at Austrian [www.Ticketmaster.at] - either it works or you'll need to register again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 21:00 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home