Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 28, 2022 14:45

tioms
Rumors,rumors and rumors,,,,, They ALWAYS will play in The Netherlands! Whatever the place will be. They play in The Netherlands if they do an European Tour!

like in 2018…

Date: February 28, 2022 14:45

tioms
Rumors,rumors and rumors,,,,, They ALWAYS will play in The Netherlands! Whatever the place will be. They play in The Netherlands if they do an European Tour!
As long it's no amsterdam arena i will be there

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 28, 2022 14:48

tioms
Not in the 2018 European Tour

Date: February 28, 2022 14:49

some more educated/reasonable guessing:

obviously they want to do show in Paris, but didn't get an allowance to play near the Eifel tour. The date for Lyon is July 15th or 19th. They won't play Paris on July 14th (for obvious reasons).
Could it be that they do a show on July 15th in Lyon or Paris and another show on July 19th in the city they do not perform on July 15th…?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2022 15:08

Topi
McCartney currently does not have any European dates scheduled. However, his US tour is set to end on June 16 at MetLife. He certainly won't be playing Anfield the night after and even June 20 would seem unlikely, even if technically possible.

Good to know thumbs up

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 28, 2022 15:45

MisterDDDD
Topi
McCartney currently does not have any European dates scheduled. However, his US tour is set to end on June 16 at MetLife. He certainly won't be playing Anfield the night after and even June 20 would seem unlikely, even if technically possible.

Good to know thumbs up

Elton John's is playing Anfield June 17th , and The Eagles are playing there June 20th.
So McCartney could play a date after June 20th.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2022 15:51

Oh sorry, my bad, I first read those two dates were vacant.

Posted by: rereuk ()
Date: February 28, 2022 15:58

italian gig might be in reggio emilia (a town in emilia region). place is famous in italy due to its massive CAMPO VOLO, basically an airfield where enormous crowds could fit. apparently they did some refurbishing and now will be used by italian singers (please don't start me). vasco rossi, from the region, played a massive gig years back. ligabue, another local as well and apparently has a date booked already sold out. town is 70km from bologna, up north. nearest airport is indeed bologna. turin, milan all 250km away. doable by car and back BUT remember guys. this is sadly italy, leaving the gig will be a nightmare. i went to lucca to see them and ran away three songs before end. you do not want to get stuck there, trust me. do not rely in trains at all! my advice is: book an hotel in reggio emilia, spend the night, enjoy the majestic food and day after go back to bologna and fly away.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:06

Topi
ukcal
3rd Uk now Anfield,Liverpool in June via BV - so RAH would have to be 4th show

I think they could do RAH at basically any slot they want, because they obviously won't need to haul their stage around for that one.

One logical spot for it would have been in between the two Hyde Park shows, of course. However, it seems to be booked from Tuesday onwards that week, so there's that.

Also, they could also just add it on at the very end of the tour, even leave it unannounced at first.

I believe the RAH is free on 12th July, their 60th anniversary date. That, for me is the most likely date for s show there. As you say, no need to transport in their stage and it needn’t even coincide with other U.K. dates.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:11

I don't see why it has to be RAH. Since Marquee Club no longer exist, a "July 12th" concert could take place anywhere.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:16

grzegorz67
Topi
ukcal

I think they could do RAH at basically any slot they want, because they obviously won't need to haul their stage around for that one.

One logical spot for it would have been in between the two Hyde Park shows, of course. However, it seems to be booked from Tuesday onwards that week, so there's that.

Also, they could also just add it on at the very end of the tour, even leave it unannounced at first.

I believe the RAH is free on 12th July, their 60th anniversary date. That, for me is the most likely date for s show there. As you say, no need to transport in their stage and it needn’t even coincide with other U.K. dates.

Is this talk of an RAH concert based on any solid rumours (and if so, what's the source) or is it just wishful thinking?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:20

Erik_Snow
I don't see why it has to be RAH. Since Marquee Club no longer exist, a "July 12th" concert could take place anywhere.

Didn’t Mick say in London’03 that the Twickenham stadium was very close to where they played in the beginning? Richmond Station Hotel or something?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 28, 2022 16:24

jackflash27

Is this talk of an RAH concert based on any solid rumours (and if so, what's the source) or is it just wishful thinking?

Not wishful thinking. I'm obviously not giving up my sources, but I will say those sources have been right before.

Date: February 28, 2022 16:30

jackflash27
grzegorz67
Topi
ukcal

I think it has something to do with the RAH's 150th anniversary this year, and the fact that the Stones's manager, Joyce Smith, is one of the ambassadors in the anniversary committee.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:32

Topi
jackflash27

Not wishful thinking. I'm obviously not giving up my sources, but I will say those sources have been right before.

Okay, I can live with that winking smiley Let's hope this one is going to happen. Would be great.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2022 16:57

jackflash27
Topi
jackflash27

Okay, I can live with that winking smiley Let's hope this one is going to happen. Would be great.
They haven’t played the Royal Albert Hall since what? 1976? That’d be a great return and not to mention a very special show. One where they could pay a serious tribute to dear CW.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 28, 2022 17:03

JumpingKentFlash
jackflash27
Topi
jackflash27

They haven’t played the Royal Albert Hall since what? 1976? That’d be a great return and not to mention a very special show. One where they could pay a serious tribute to dear CW.

since 1966 (I think)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2022 17:04

jackflash27
grzegorz67
Topi
ukcal

isn't that sort of like, 'military intelligence'?

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 28, 2022 17:59

I suppose McCartney could always open for The Stones at Anfield ..

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 28, 2022 18:02

Royal Albert Hall is my fave venue anywhere in the world.

Seen so many great gigs there over the years, including The Who, Elvis Costello when he done a walkabout in the audience, Bruce Springsteen doing his solo gig with just his guitar and piano and also went out in the audience, Cream Reunion gigs with Eric, Ginger and Jack, Jeff Beck with his band, and quite a few more memorable gigs.
Also a couple of free Sunday afternoon Prom gigs a few years ago.

The best place I reckon, for a July 12th 2022 gig by The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 28, 2022 18:04

DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
grzegorz67
Topi
ukcal

I think it has something to do with the RAH's 150th anniversary this year, and the fact that the Stones's manager, Joyce Smith, is one of the ambassadors in the anniversary committee.

Strictly speaking, the RAH 150th anniversary was last year (the venue officially opened on 29 March, 1871). Most of the events to commemorate it were either cancelled or postponed for the obvious reason. My guess is that the Stones show(s) was among them although it wasn’t publicly announced it would happen. Sir Mick being chosen to narrate W.H. Auden’s poetry for the celebration of the anniversary is another strong proof to support their inclusion among the list of the performers.

[www.royalalberthall.com]

The point is, whether it was cancelled or postponed — hopefully the latter.

Date: February 28, 2022 18:13

RisingStone
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
grzegorz67
Topi
ukcal

Strictly speaking, the RAH 150th anniversary was last year (the venue officially opened on 29 March, 1871). Most of the events to commemorate it were either cancelled or postponed for the obvious reason. My guess is that the Stones show(s) was among them although it wasn’t publicly announced it would happen. Sir Mick being chosen to narrate W.H. Auden’s poetry for the celebration of the anniversary is another strong proof to support their inclusion among the list of the performers.

[www.royalalberthall.com]

The point is, whether it was cancelled or postponed — hopefully the latter.

Pretty safe to say postponed, at least when you read how their celebrating their 150th in 2022:

The Hall is currently celebrating 150 years of being ‘the nation’s village hall’!

Now that we have reopened and welcomed audiences back, we want you to join us, to be there with us for the next generation defining moments and the once-in-a-lifetime live experiences. The celebrations include major commissions from British artists, headline performances from musical legends, and a series of showcases promoting the next generation of talent.

Date: February 28, 2022 19:54

Unfortunately that Oslo billboard/ad story was fake news...but some of the posts today look promising for Oslo!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 28, 2022 21:25

The O2 is now back in action, though it sounds as if Hyde Park will be the London date.

Date: February 28, 2022 21:32

No Wembley?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 21:34

spunky
No Wembley?

No talk of it and thankfully not. Awful venue for live music with piss poor sound. Not to be confused with the old Wembley which stood on the same spot and regularly hosted live music until it closed in 2000.

Date: February 28, 2022 21:47

grzegorz67
spunky
No Wembley?

No talk of it and thankfully not. Awful venue for live music with piss poor sound. Not to be confused with the old Wembley which stood on the same spot and regularly hosted live music until it closed in 2000.

beside that – why should the play Wembley when the are already doing two shows at Hyde Park?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-28 21:47 by slewan.

Date: February 28, 2022 21:58

In 2018 they played 3 stadium shows in London

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: March 1, 2022 00:07

I hope they will come to Cologne, Duesseldorf or Gelsenkirchen!
I would pay max 200€

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 1, 2022 00:21

slewan
grzegorz67
spunky
No Wembley?

beside that – why should the play Wembley when the are already doing two shows at Hyde Park?

I think Hyde Park is only open for gigs within a specified time range and any additional demand may require a different venue.

And from what I have read here and elsewhere, Wembley is a terrible venue. Might be why they have never played it, though it's never really stopped them elsewhere.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home