Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 27, 2022 12:15

slewan
what we have so far and what we might expect (I don't have inside information thus it's all educated guessing)

Sun June 5th Munich

June 8/9? mid-week show

June 10/11/12 weekend show

June 14/15 mid-week show

June 18/19 weekend show

June 21/22 mid-week show

Sat June 25th London

June 29th mid-week show most likely UK

Sun July 3rd London

July 6/7 mid-week show (or week off)

July 9/10 weekend show

July 13/14 mid-week show

July 15/16 weekend show (a show in Paris was planned on 16th, but it seems that it won't take place because of security reasons, see post below))

Tue July 19th (or Fri 15th) Lyon (or some elsewhere if Lyon is moved to July 15)

Fri July 22nd Vienna

since the Stones' tours in recent years didn't follow ny geographical logic, there's no way to get were they'll be doing shows between the shows we already 'know' about

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 27, 2022 12:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 18:05 by schwonek.

Date: February 27, 2022 12:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 18:05 by schwonek.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2022 12:57

It’s be such a shame if they chose not to do a show on July 12. That’s the 60th anniversary to the date.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 27, 2022 13:01

From Helsinki to Gothenburg, a more recent nostalgia trip

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 13:27

JumpingKentFlash
It’s be such a shame if they chose not to do a show on July 12. That’s the 60th anniversary to the date.

Got to be a good bet for a Royal Albert Hall show on that date, announced later than the main announcement, as per the Hard Rock Show in Miami. I imagine their week off will be whilst in U.K., to allow them to see family etc.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 27, 2022 14:10

schwonek
slewan
since the Stones' tours in recent years didn't follow ny geographical logic, there's no way to get were they'll be doing shows between the shows we already 'know' about

Stimmt. When I look at the map of the last tour I could guess countries that were missing and that might get a concert this year:
France, Netherlands, Italy, Denmark, France, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
The tour was quite heavy on the UK so I assume there will be less UK dates this time.

2018 was the addition to the 2017 European Tour. So one has to mind that one too.
But the essence at first is that this tour will have about 14 concerts as now seems to be regular for the band. And then questions (and mathematics) are in which countries will how many of these 14 shows take place.

It sure will be UK but there will be less GB if you add Ireland?
It sure will be Germany but there will be less there if they play NL or B?
It sure will be France but only a Paris "residency" or elsewhere too?

Only one or even two shows in large countries like E and I though they are no major Stones markets but can't be ignored.
What about areas we used to call Eastern Europe and what about Scandinavia?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 27, 2022 14:45

JJHMick, looks like there won't be a Paris show at all. According to French newspaper stories Lyon will be the lone French date.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 14:49

My prediction:15/16 Show

2 show in London (Plus eventually a bonus gig at Royal Albert Hall)
3 show in UK (Scotland, Wales, Ireland or Another English city)
- 2 show Germany
- 2 show France
- Spain
- Italy
- Osterreich
- Sweden or Norge (or both)
- Netherlands

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 16:08

Think it’ll be similar to 2013 and Hyde Park x2 could be the only UK shows this time. Anyway I’m looking forward to the announcement video.

Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 16:22

We are seeing how this tour is oriented to the great European capitals:
1- London
2- london (2nd show)
3- second British city, maybe Birmingham (they haven't played in the city since 1973).
4- Vienna
5- Munich
6- Berlin (or Frankfurt)
7- Lyon
8- Paris (the French capital is not ruled out yet... maybe the Stade de France in June or the Nantarre Paris Defense Arena or Parc des Princes Stadium)
9-helsinki
10-Gothenburg...
now:
Most Likely Cities:
11- Madrid

12- Rome or Milan, or perhaps the rumor of Reggio Calabria is officially confirmed.
13- Amsterdam or Rotterdam (have not played since 2003)
14-?????
Where would I like to see the band? My dream was to return to Nice (France), I saw them in 2006 in the wonderful city of the French Riviera)

This is my prediction.
14 shows,.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 16:36 by serpico71.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2022 16:33

Topi
JJHMick, looks like there won't be a Paris show at all.

If they're in search of a unique location for a gig, the "Place d'Armes" in Versailles, near the chateau would be swell.
Pink Floyd played 2 concerts theree in 1988.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2022 18:02

Rik
schwonek

Nice! Brings back good memories

NO. Please do NOT spam this thread with old stuff. It makes it hard to read the actual posts being relevant to the 2022 tour.

Bjornulf

Date: February 27, 2022 18:06

bv
Please do NOT spam this thread with old stuff.

Got it. Deleted my posts.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 18:11

serpico71
We are seeing how this tour is oriented to the great European capitals:
1- London
2- london (2nd show)
3- second British city, maybe Birmingham (they haven't played in the city since 1973).
4- Vienna
5- Munich
6- Berlin (or Frankfurt)
7- Lyon
8- Paris (the French capital is not ruled out yet... maybe the Stade de France in June or the Nantarre Paris Defense Arena or Parc des Princes Stadium)
9-helsinki
10-Gothenburg...
now:
Most Likely Cities:
11- Madrid

12- Rome or Milan, or perhaps the rumor of Reggio Calabria is officially confirmed.
13- Amsterdam or Rotterdam (have not played since 2003)
14-?????
Where would I like to see the band? My dream was to return to Nice (France), I saw them in 2006 in the wonderful city of the French Riviera)

This is my prediction.
14 shows,.

Love them to come to Birmingham.
With them doing Coventry last time, I would be really amazed if they come back to the Midlands. Love to be wrong.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2022 19:20

Would love to see them do Cardiff again.
Unlikely it seems, and as I remember ticket sales were a bit slow there in '18.

Even let many of us trade our Lucky Dips back in after pulling nosebleeds winking smiley

Perhaps the Castle.. with a 10,000 capacity there's no way, but would have me on a plane in a heartbeat.
Sandwiched between the Hyde Park gigs would be perfect!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 19:22 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2022 21:13

Based on the limited number of rumoured shows at this point, Hyde Park would be the least desirable show to attend considering it's a sprawling wide open space, and the Stones won't be using their own stage/screens. There are rumours of smaller venues ala Royal Albert Hall (maybe a show, or two?), but for now the giant stadiums would be the optimum for a Stones concert experience imo.

Wondering if any other outdoor festival/open field type shows are being considered?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 22:35

San Siro, Milan, hosts the Gun’s’Roses on July 10: no Rolling Stones here on July 12.
If Italy has to be, not in Milan I’d say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 23:05 by 1963luca0.

Date: February 27, 2022 23:07

Haven't been able to corroborate this yet, but a member of the Shidoobee Facebook group claimed his friend in Oslo had spotted a billboard with "Stones 2022".

I remain skeptical, because if there were billboards up in European cities we would surely have heard more reported already. But will investigate further.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 23:10 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 27, 2022 23:31

Topi
Haven't been able to corroborate this yet, but a member of the Shidoobee Facebook group claimed his friend in Oslo had spotted a billboard with "Stones 2022".

I remain skeptical, because if there were billboards up in European cities we would surely have heard more reported already. But will investigate further.

bv surely will have his eyes open – especially in Norway

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 27, 2022 23:52

Don’t forget.. what a time to be alive folks. The Rolling Stones will anounce their 60th anniversary (!!!!!!!!) Tour in The nearest future. I am so glad with this news only. Can’t wait to see them backing the road.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 28, 2022 01:03

RG
Don’t forget.. what a time to be alive folks. The Rolling Stones will anounce their 60th anniversary (!!!!!!!!) Tour in The nearest future. I am so glad with this news only. Can’t wait to see them backing the road.

What a time to be alive indeed. Aren't we happy.

- Doxa

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 28, 2022 01:06

Hairball
Based on the limited number of rumoured shows at this point, Hyde Park would be the least desirable show to attend considering it's a sprawling wide open space, and the Stones won't be using their own stage/screens. There are rumours of smaller venues ala Royal Albert Hall (maybe a show, or two?), but for now the giant stadiums would be the optimum for a Stones concert experience imo.

Wondering if any other outdoor festival/open field type shows are being considered?

I have BST Hyde Park before and would say it is Desert Trip like in presentation. I am planning on Hyde Park with sonething inbrtween whether it is Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff or anywhere else in the UK. Hoping its typical BST ticket sales.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: February 28, 2022 01:09

DEmerson
MAF
Iguanamom
I’ve never bought concert tics for Europe/UK. I’m assuming my Ticketmaster account for US won’t work. Please advise on how to buy tickets once available. Thanks & keep shining a light.
Just create new accounts for ticketmaster in the countries you wanna go to (I did it for e.g. tickets for Amsterdam).
UK: [www.ticketmaster.co.uk]
For Germany it might also be possible to get tickets here: [www.eventim.de]

Agreed - you may have to set up an account per each country, but it can be done - I’ve travelled from US to Europe for several shows (HyDE Park, Stockholm, Prague) with little issue.

I didn’t even think about this - thanks for pointing it out!

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 01:39

I’ve heard there are 3 big concerts from ‘Legends’ at Anfield Liverpool this summer. Only 2 announced so far, The Eagles & Elton. Dates of the other two are 17 & 20th June so fits with their schedule. One to keep an eye on

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2022 04:27

richie26188
I’ve heard there are 3 big concerts from ‘Legends’ at Anfield Liverpool this summer. Only 2 announced so far, The Eagles & Elton. Dates of the other two are 17 & 20th June so fits with their schedule. One to keep an eye on

This would move to the top of my list in the UK.
Love Liverpool.. thanks for the potential heads up!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 28, 2022 05:45

MisterDDDD
richie26188

Anfield show sounds very interesting.
The stadium itself has good atmosphere.thumbs up
I hope Anfield coming after Hyde Park 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-28 05:49 by a bigger nut.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 28, 2022 07:11

a bigger nut
MisterDDDD
richie26188

Anfield show sounds very interesting.
The stadium itself has good atmosphere.thumbs up
I hope Anfield coming after Hyde Park 2.

Before everyone gets too excited, check those dates against McCartney's schedule.

I'd argue that he's more likely to want to play in Liverpool than The Glimmer Twins.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 28, 2022 07:15

McCartney currently does not have any European dates scheduled. However, his US tour is set to end on June 16 at MetLife. He certainly won't be playing Anfield the night after and even June 20 would seem unlikely, even if technically possible.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 28, 2022 07:48

Topi
McCartney currently does not have any European dates scheduled. However, his US tour is set to end on June 16 at MetLife. He certainly won't be playing Anfield the night after and even June 20 would seem unlikely, even if technically possible.

Understood.

He is well rumoured to be playing Glastonbury on 25th June 2022

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10