Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 24, 2022 00:11

Topi
dkwalika
Any stateside rumors yet? Fall 2022?

Seriously? smiling smiley

I know, give me a break.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 01:31

StonesLO
I wonder if they'll add an Ireland show as they did in 2018. Lots of big names lined up for Dublin this summer, always a great city for concerts. I saw the Stones on the Licks tour in 2003 at the point depot. Got right up to the front as it was the days before you had to pay a months rent to get anywhere close.

I’d be surprised. In 2018, they played Croke Park in Dublin, their 1st Irish show in 11 years and it was a long way short of a sellout.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2022 06:49

Dan
hockenheim95
jackflash27
So it seems the 2022 tour is going to happen. I wonder if they will use the same stage and concept as the last few years, or do you think it will be a completely new design? If they opt for the last, it's probably a bad investment if it only will be used for 2022. So a good reason to stretch the tour a few years more.

Also: hope the tour name will be changed to something like '60 anniversary tour'. The 'No Filter' theme needs a decent upgrade IMO after 5 years.

I think they will use a standard stage like in 2014. Nothing Special. The rumours that they'll play Festivals is supporting this. A completely new Stage was already a risk in 2017. They won't build something new that will hold up to the high Standards that were set with the No Filter Stage. I am pretty sure they won't use the No Filter Stage again.

What's so special about the No Filter stage? It was just video screens. They can use that stage or make something else that is basically a jumbotron with support structure - which is nowhere near as complicated as it was a generation ago. Basically what most stadium stages are now.

Something entirely new would be like from Steel Wheels to Voodoo Lounge.

Did you see a NO FILTER show?

How many versions of a stage can one have at this point? The Stones and U2 have led the way, with the same designer. NF was the best stage (screen) they've ever had to my eyes. U2's recent TJT tours was incredible. ZOO TV, VOODOO, POPMART and BRIDGES were great in their time. Both bands have moved so far beyond those. It seems to be more about simplicity now and the recent U2 tours and NF have accomplished that incredibly.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 12:23

Full line-up for the Pearl Jam shows announced at Hyde Park. Surely the Rolling Stones date will be announced very soon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 24, 2022 13:16

Please do not use this thread for discussing politics or world economy. Any such comments will be deleted, and I will be seriously pissed off. You have the sun, you have the moon, and you have The Rolling Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:00

Not too much sun at the moment BV !

It's pouring down here ! winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:02

schwonek
Dan
What's so special about the No Filter stage? It was just video screens.

Well. I actually hadnt seen this concept before: screens like cell phones, vertical and kind of around the edges so you can see them for 3 sides. Hard to describe but I thought it was quite a stunning concept.

I vote for the return of the same stage. So many havent seen it.

i was impressed with it too

always thought the screens reassembled the monilith from 2001

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:18

schwonek
bye bye johnny
Promoters AEG are thought to have sounded out Mick Jagger and the band to play the BST Hyde Park show on Saturday June 25.

That's good news. Respectfully, BV, time to get the tour page going. smileys with beer

btw, I didnt know: BST stands for British Summer Time...

I thought it has something to do with Barclay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-24 14:19 by leteyer.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:37

No, BarclayCard just used to be the main sponsor. These days, the event is called
"American Express presents BST Hyde Park"

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:46

Topi
No, BarclayCard just used to be the main sponsor. These days, the event is called
"American Express presents BST Hyde Park"

Yes, I've seen that..Salut Topi

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 24, 2022 15:02

leteyer
schwonek

…btw, I didnt know: BST stands for British Summer Time...

I thought it has something to do with Barclay

A few years ago, I noticed that European companies often have the initials ‘bv’ in their corporate names…including some Stones management companies. For a while, I thought Bjornulf controlled the Stones and much of Europe! grinning smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 24, 2022 15:13

That's only dutch companies, which makes sense from a Stones point of view. It means Besloten Vennootschap and is roughly equivalent to Ltd or GmbH

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 24, 2022 15:18

The Rumour list is up: [iorr.org]

Date: February 24, 2022 15:29

There ya go!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 24, 2022 16:09

spunky

Oh yeah now we're talking!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2022 16:24

The big question on plans is where Hyde Park falls in the tour. The start or in the middle. Next is the land grab on accommodations.

Date: February 24, 2022 16:47

I'd say middle (given that the latest France rumors mentioned July), but we'll see.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 16:48

Hoping for indoor U.K. shows - won’t be doing outdoor shows.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 24, 2022 17:07

Rollin92
Hoping for indoor U.K. shows - won’t be doing outdoor shows.

unlikely, i'd imagine, economically

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2022 17:45

GasLightStreet
Dan
hockenheim95
jackflash27
So it seems the 2022 tour is going to happen. I wonder if they will use the same stage and concept as the last few years, or do you think it will be a completely new design? If they opt for the last, it's probably a bad investment if it only will be used for 2022. So a good reason to stretch the tour a few years more.

Also: hope the tour name will be changed to something like '60 anniversary tour'. The 'No Filter' theme needs a decent upgrade IMO after 5 years.

I think they will use a standard stage like in 2014. Nothing Special. The rumours that they'll play Festivals is supporting this. A completely new Stage was already a risk in 2017. They won't build something new that will hold up to the high Standards that were set with the No Filter Stage. I am pretty sure they won't use the No Filter Stage again.

What's so special about the No Filter stage? It was just video screens. They can use that stage or make something else that is basically a jumbotron with support structure - which is nowhere near as complicated as it was a generation ago. Basically what most stadium stages are now.

Something entirely new would be like from Steel Wheels to Voodoo Lounge.

Did you see a NO FILTER show?

How many versions of a stage can one have at this point? The Stones and U2 have led the way, with the same designer. NF was the best stage (screen) they've ever had to my eyes. U2's recent TJT tours was incredible. ZOO TV, VOODOO, POPMART and BRIDGES were great in their time. Both bands have moved so far beyond those. It seems to be more about simplicity now and the recent U2 tours and NF have accomplished that incredibly.

Saw the tour several times. Basically most stadium stages are some variation of jumbotron while some acts use something really similar to what the Stones used 2013 to 2016. Metallica's jumbotron stage was also very impressive from the video I saw.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 24, 2022 19:28

Looks like June 25th and July 3rd are the spaces available in the BST Hyde Park line up.
If it made sense in 2013 to do 2 gigs presumably the same applies today. 130,000 available tickets. Gold Circle for them that want it and GA for us mere mortals at around 100 quid. That'll do nicely

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 24, 2022 20:04

I would imagine Hyde Park is the end of the UK run of dates with shows starting in May (like 2018). Then onto mainland Europe. Who's getting excited!

Edit: just seen Germany date before Hyde park so what do I know!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-24 20:46 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 20:28

Munich added on rumor list

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 24, 2022 20:41

Nikkei
That's only dutch companies, which makes sense from a Stones point of view. It means Besloten Vennootschap and is roughly equivalent to Ltd or GmbH

Thank you Nikkei and STG! Been giggling about this for years and never said anything.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2022 20:59

Mr Jimmy
spunky

Exciting to see an official/rumoured list...thumbs up

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 21:13

bv
Please do not use this thread for discussing politics or world economy. Any such comments will be deleted, and I will be seriously pissed off. You have the sun, you have the moon, and you have The Rolling Stones.

The three truths of life! Namaste

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 21:15

The day when the groomer list is posted is the day I most look forward to in life.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 24, 2022 22:25

From Zegut July 19 Lyon:
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 24, 2022 22:36

jackflash27
Munich added on rumor list

hotel booked…

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 24, 2022 22:41

Hairball
Mr Jimmy
spunky

Exciting to see an official/rumoured list...thumbs up

Great to see in one sentence: official/rumoured spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Rumoured is never official smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home