Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 23, 2022 11:08

SonicDreamer
Hairball
Would be nice if they have some smaller venues planned for London.

@ small, you mean the O2 Arena? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cheers,
SonicD

The O2 arena lost a non-trivial part of it roof in a storm a few days ago.

[www.independent.co.uk]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2022 11:58

Great, another open air show then! winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2022 13:18

CaptainCorella
SonicDreamer
Hairball

Cheers,
SonicD

[www.independent.co.uk]

From what I can see, it looks like just a minor damage of the visual cover, not really the solid roof itself. I am sure English efficiency will sort out the O2 in record time.

Having said that, I would rather have The Rolling Stones at really large venues, like Hyde Park, London Stadium, and other similar venues, because more people will be able to attend, and the ticket prices will be lower, with more people sharing the average show cost of US $8 million these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 23, 2022 15:01

Agree that nowadays the bigger the better (for the band, promoter and the fans), although it would be great to have one "intimate" show like Waldbühne, Summerfest or Hollywood, FL thrown in just to make it more exciting.

Any rumours on Royal Albert Hall, btw? It's been hugely rumoured for a while, especially as Stones camp (Joyce Smith, Mick) are in their 150th anniversary committee.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 23, 2022 15:09

bv
CaptainCorella
SonicDreamer
Hairball

Cheers,
SonicD

[www.independent.co.uk]

From what I can see, it looks like just a minor damage of the visual cover, not really the solid roof itself. I am sure English efficiency will sort out the O2 in record time.

Having said that, I would rather have The Rolling Stones at really large venues, like Hyde Park, London Stadium, and other similar venues, because more people will be able to attend, and the ticket prices will be lower, with more people sharing the average show cost of US $8 million these days.

well, venues sizes are not the only factor ticket prices depend on. For example: tickets for the relative small venues at Arnhem and Paris were much cheaper than tickets for the large open-air venues in Hamburg and Munich.
(assumed) buying power in different countries plays a role but also the 'mix' of tickets. One can make the same money by selling all tickets for the same price or by selling 80% of the tickets very cheap and the other 20% for very expansive VIP prices. etc.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:16

According to Daniel Grinbank, producer responsible for bringing the Stones to South America, there are no plans for a tour this year in SA.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:56

Any stateside rumors yet? Fall 2022?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 23, 2022 17:05

bv
CaptainCorella
SonicDreamer
Hairball

Cheers,
SonicD

[www.independent.co.uk]

They aren't having any events at the O2 until the roof is fixed, but I think it probably would get done fairly quickly. Hiwever, I agree about the bigger venues if it's a summer tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 17:07 by Green Lady.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2022 17:09

schwonek
A US or CAN show would be great but let then tour Europe first please. Step by step. They are not 70 anymore.

Not mocking what you're saying at all, but to stop and think about it, "They are not 70 anymore", as if that is a young age is truly remarkable.

It's true too...it's like 70 is now the latter stages of middle age.

Remarkable, particularly of course Mick, but Ronnie too.

Date: February 23, 2022 17:37

dkwalika
Any stateside rumors yet? Fall 2022?

Seriously? smiling smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 23, 2022 18:03

treaclefingers
schwonek
A US or CAN show would be great but let then tour Europe first please. Step by step. They are not 70 anymore.

Not mocking what you're saying at all, but to stop and think about it, "They are not 70 anymore", as if that is a young age is truly remarkable.

Good point. I agree fully.

I find it quite extraordinary at how presumptuous many of the comments on this thread are. 'They need to tour here' 'No they need to tour there' 'It has been far too long since they toured somewhere else' etc, etc. As if this extraordinary group of players can somehow miraculously defy the passage of time and keep going into their 80s and beyond. I know there are a number of musicians still performing in their 80s - John Mayall and Dave Brock of Hawkwind to name just two. But they perform at nothing like the level of intensity and scale that The Stones do. Even Jagger, remarkable as he is, cannot go on fronting the band in the manner he does for much longer.

I get no pleasure from saying this. I have been accused previously for 'wanting to cancel The Stones'. Nothing could be further from the truth. But expecting the band to go trekking all round North America or South America or Asia or Europe for 2-3 months at a time, year after year, is a big commitment for men in their mid-late 70s.

Have a bit of perspective folks. Lets just be grateful they are still alive and well, or reasonably well, in some cases. And lets also be grateful for any performances that may take place, no matter how few in number.

Date: February 23, 2022 18:10

Amen to that, Gerard!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 23, 2022 18:26

Exclusive: Rolling Stones may reignite Beatles rivalry with gig on same night as Paul McCartney

The Stones have been “sounded out” about a massive BST Hyde Park show this June on the same evening as Macca headlines Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage

By Tom Bryant
22 Feb 2022

Festival bosses are hoping to land the Rolling Stones for a massive Hyde Park show this summer - on the same night Beatles legend Paul McCartney plays Glastonbury.

Promoters AEG are thought to have sounded out Mick Jagger and the band to play the BST Hyde Park show on Saturday June 25.

It sets up the enticing prospect of arguably the two biggest names in music playing the same evening, with Macca headlining the famous Pyramid stage in Somerset.

The BST Hyde Park shows have already signed up a wealth of legends to play the famous Royal park. Elton John, Adele, The Eagles, Pearl Jam and Duran Duran are all headlining on different nights from mid-June to July.

It’s thought that there are only two slots left to fill - June 25 and July 3. The Stones could play one, with another headliner set to be announced.

AEG were behind the Stones’ recent north American No Filter tour, which raises the prospect of the show happening even more. It’s thought that any appearance at Hyde Park would be part of a wider European tour this summer by the Stones - marking the band’s 60th anniversary.

They last played Hyde Park in 2013, which was the first year the BST concerts began.

Before that the Stones performed at a famous free gig there just two days after the death of bandmate Brian Jones in 1969.

At that gig Mick Jagger, wearing a white dress, paid tribute to Brian, who was found dead in a swimming pool. The frontman read a poem, before thousands of butterflies were released.

A source said: “The Stones potentially headlining Hyde Park this summer as part of a tour is exciting enough. But the fact that Macca could be playing the same evening just shows what an exciting summer of music awaits. The fact that both the Stones and Macca are going strong after all these years is really something special.”

The Beatles and Stones have enjoyed a healthy rivalry over the last 60 years.

Even last year Macca raised eyebrows by calling the Stones “a blues covers band”, while saying the Beatles’ net was “cast a bit wider than theirs”.

Jagger responded on stage in Los Angeles shortly after.

“Megan Fox is here, she’s lovely,” Jagger said. “Leonardo DiCaprio. Lady Gaga. Kirk Douglas. Paul McCartney is here, he’s going to join us in a blues cover later.”

Macca had previously said how the two groups enjoyed a “very friendly” rivalry.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 23, 2022 19:06

GerardHennessy
treaclefingers
schwonek

I find it quite extraordinary at how presumptuous many of the comments on this thread are. 'They need to tour here' 'No they need to tour there' 'It has been far too long since they toured somewhere else' etc, etc. As if this extraordinary group of players can somehow miraculously defy the passage of time and keep going into their 80s and beyond. I know there are a number of musicians still performing in their 80s - John Mayall and Dave Brock of Hawkwind to name just two. But they perform at nothing like the level of intensity and scale that The Stones do. Even Jagger, remarkable as he is, cannot go on fronting the band in the manner he does for much longer.

I get no pleasure from saying this. I have been accused previously for 'wanting to cancel The Stones'. Nothing could be further from the truth. But expecting the band to go trekking all round North America or South America or Asia or Europe for 2-3 months at a time, year after year, is a big commitment for men in their mid-late 70s.

Have a bit of perspective folks. Lets just be grateful they are still alive and well, or reasonably well, in some cases. And lets also be grateful for any performances that may take place, no matter how few in number.

I do have huge respect for them and I guess you just didnt understand my sense of humor. Oh well. Sorry for that.

Date: February 23, 2022 19:08

bye bye johnny
Promoters AEG are thought to have sounded out Mick Jagger and the band to play the BST Hyde Park show on Saturday June 25.

That's good news. Respectfully, BV, time to get the tour page going. smileys with beer

btw, I didnt know: BST stands for British Summer Time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 19:12 by schwonek.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 23, 2022 19:11

It's also speaking volumes that they can even go ahead and die and the phrase "let's just be grateful they are alive and well" is STILL being thrown around. What else is supposed to happen?

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 23, 2022 19:35

bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet
Mick stated that the new Stones LP will be the last one. Which to me says more. No matter what, it's winding down.

You've posted that several times previously,and have been asked to provide a source and/or link to that comment. Asking again for that source/link.

Do we really need ''sources'' to confirm that if they release a new album, it's gonna be their last??? Just do the math... It would have taken them something like 16 years for a new album, so another one would be around 2038 (when Jagger & Richards are 95).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 19:36 by daniel t.

Date: February 23, 2022 20:47

daniel t
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet
Mick stated that the new Stones LP will be the last one. Which to me says more. No matter what, it's winding down.

You've posted that several times previously,and have been asked to provide a source and/or link to that comment. Asking again for that source/link.

Do we really need ''sources'' to confirm that if they release a new album, it's gonna be their last??? Just do the math... It would have taken them something like 16 years for a new album, so another one would be around 2038 (when Jagger & Richards are 95).

They may have recorded more than one album, though.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 23, 2022 20:53

daniel t
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet

Actually if it's 8 years between Bridges and Bigger Bang and then 17 years between Bigger Bang and the next one, then the follow up would likely be in 35 years.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 21:22

So it seems the 2022 tour is going to happen. I wonder if they will use the same stage and concept as the last few years, or do you think it will be a completely new design? If they opt for the last, it's probably a bad investment if it only will be used for 2022. So a good reason to stretch the tour a few years more.

Also: hope the tour name will be changed to something like '60 anniversary tour'. The 'No Filter' theme needs a decent upgrade IMO after 5 years.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 23, 2022 21:28

schwonek
GerardHennessy
treaclefingers
schwonek

I do have huge respect for them and I guess you just didnt understand my sense of humor. Oh well. Sorry for that.

No apology necessary at all my friend. In fact my comment was not referring to yours at all. I was addressing several comments much earlier in the thread. I absolutely understood - and agreed with - your own humorous comment.

As a 70 y.o. myself I feel a sense of achievement if I manage to walk around the block. Even ATTENDING a concert is now beyond my physical capabilities. The thought of performing at one at a similar age - as The Stones do regularly - is quite extraordinary...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 21:30

jackflash27
So it seems the 2022 tour is going to happen. I wonder if they will use the same stage and concept as the last few years, or do you think it will be a completely new design? If they opt for the last, it's probably a bad investment if it only will be used for 2022. So a good reason to stretch the tour a few years more.

Also: hope the tour name will be changed to something like '60 anniversary tour'. The 'No Filter' theme needs a decent upgrade IMO after 5 years.

I think they will use a standard stage like in 2014. Nothing Special. The rumours that they'll play Festivals is supporting this. A completely new Stage was already a risk in 2017. They won't build something new that will hold up to the high Standards that were set with the No Filter Stage. I am pretty sure they won't use the No Filter Stage again.

Posted by: StonesLO ()
Date: February 23, 2022 21:37

I wonder if they'll add an Ireland show as they did in 2018. Lots of big names lined up for Dublin this summer, always a great city for concerts. I saw the Stones on the Licks tour in 2003 at the point depot. Got right up to the front as it was the days before you had to pay a months rent to get anywhere close.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 23, 2022 22:01

Cristiano Radtke
According to Daniel Grinbank, producer responsible for bringing the Stones to South America, there are no plans for a tour this year in SA.

[twitter.com]

google translate

I categorically reject@RollingStones have a plan to tour x South America this year. X that I deny to the Brazilian journalist who launched that rumor Are the Rolling Stones returning to Argentina?: A Brazilian journalist encouraged rumors about it -

interesting but would make sense that they wouldn't be starting another tour so soon after this summer

but i'm not entirely convinced that the rumor about mexico 2023 is totally out of the question

or maybe i'm just being hopeful

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 23, 2022 22:06

hockenheim95
jackflash27

I think they will use a standard stage like in 2014. Nothing Special. The rumours that they'll play Festivals is supporting this. A completely new Stage was already a risk in 2017. They won't build something new that will hold up to the high Standards that were set with the No Filter Stage. I am pretty sure they won't use the No Filter Stage again.

What's so special about the No Filter stage? It was just video screens. They can use that stage or make something else that is basically a jumbotron with support structure - which is nowhere near as complicated as it was a generation ago. Basically what most stadium stages are now.

Something entirely new would be like from Steel Wheels to Voodoo Lounge.

Date: February 23, 2022 23:01

Dan
What's so special about the No Filter stage? It was just video screens.

Well. I actually hadnt seen this concept before: screens like cell phones, vertical and kind of around the edges so you can see them for 3 sides. Hard to describe but I thought it was quite a stunning concept.

I vote for the return of the same stage. So many havent seen it.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 24, 2022 00:00

Green Lady
bv
CaptainCorella
SonicDreamer
Hairball

Cheers,
SonicD

[www.independent.co.uk]

They aren't having any events at the O2 until the roof is fixed, but I think it probably would get done fairly quickly. Hiwever, I agree about the bigger venues if it's a summer tour.

According to this post on O2 website it is open for events this weekend.

[www.theo2.co.uk]

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 00:01

Hi Topi,

Topi is right. Even though I would love to see the Stones back in the states, it's high time Europe/UK get some shows. Topi doesn't live in the states so it is easier for him to see the Stones in Europe. I think Topi lives in Europe, just not sure which country.

BTW, Topi, I think Plexi sent you a pic of himself, me & my friend Mike at the St Louis show. It's always good to put a face with the name!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2022 00:04

wickerman
Agree that nowadays the bigger the better (for the band, promoter and the fans), although it would be great to have one "intimate" show like Waldbühne, Summerfest or Hollywood, FL thrown in just to make it more exciting.

Hollywood, FL was - on paper - the most exciting gig of the tour but it turned out to be a 100% "meh" affair... (so-so perf, standard shortened setlist).

Date: February 24, 2022 00:10

wickerman
... although it would be great to have one "intimate" show like Waldbühne, Summerfest or Hollywood, FL thrown in just to make it more exciting.

Yeah. The last Waldbühne was pretty cool and laid back. I liked it a lot.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home