Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:14

DandelionPowderman
slewan
Lien
José Norberto Flesch anuncio ; Stones in December

[youtu.be]

Europe and South America within only seven month???

In 2014 they did South America in February/March, Europe in May-July and Oz/NZ in October/November.

So why not?

They played in Asia that year, not in South America. But your point is still valid. smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:15

slewan

Looks like the limitation of 1 Tour per year was due to Charlie.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:16

anyone recall the rumour from the early seventies of them playing a show on easter island?

Date: February 22, 2022 13:21

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
slewan
Lien

[youtu.be]

In 2014 they did South America in February/March, Europe in May-July and Oz/NZ in October/November.

So why not?

They played in Asia that year, not in South America. But your point is still valid. smiling smiley

Indeed they did! LOL, I need another cup of coffee, seemingly smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:36

Regarding Circo Massimo, back in 2014 it was reported that the Stones only paid 8000 € of rent!

Not sure if true or not.

[roma.repubblica.it]

[www.rainews.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 13:37 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:50

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
slewan
Lien

[youtu.be]

So why not?

back then they were young and aspiring…

Date: February 22, 2022 13:50

Topi
Regarding Circo Massimo, back in 2014 it was reported that the Stones only paid 8000 € of rent!

Not sure if true or not.

well, it's all ruins…

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 22, 2022 15:37

Topi

Not sure if true or not.

[roma.repubblica.it]

[www.rainews.it]

Yes, major tours can usually get a steep discount on whatever the posted rent is. This is covered specifically in the segment on either/or the Steel Wheels tour or Victory tour in Ticketmasters.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 15:43

Has anyone heard any rumors about them playing back in the States?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 22, 2022 16:08

no

but as mentioned by the british ambassador to mexico they seem to be in negotiations for a show in mexico next year

or perhaps at the end of this year going the above post about possible shows in brazil during december this year

not us but pretty close

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2022 16:43

TrulyMicks1

They just did in 2019 and 2021. Time for some other countries for a change?

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: February 22, 2022 17:14

NOT a rumour. Just my thoughts. I accept there are rumours re South America but I think that like last time and indeed with the States they will tour uk/Europe in 2022 and 2023.......

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 18:11

TrulyMicks1

How spoiled are we in the US. The majority of the world may not have had the opportunity to see them in their home country since 2014.

And I remind you, when they did the three shows in New York/Jersey for their 50th anniversary, those tickets were an average of 800 apiece. Save your money in the hopes that they do at least one 60th anniversary show here. It may be cheaper for you to get on the plane and go see them in Mexico.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 18:53

I’m just trying to plan ahead. If they play Mexico and South America I was thinking maybe they would stop in the states for a few shows.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 19:31

DandelionPowderman
slewan
Lien

[youtu.be]

So why not?

That was 8 years ago...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 22, 2022 19:34

TrulyMicks1
I’m just trying to plan ahead. If they play Mexico and South America I was thinking maybe they would stop in the states for a few shows.

Canada’s overdue for a few, as Vancouver couldn’t be rescheduled last year. They haven’t played Toronto since ‘13 (Burl’s Creek did not count…) But, yeah, other places are even more deserving.

Date: February 22, 2022 20:03

SomeTorontoGirl
TrulyMicks1

Canada’s overdue for a few, as Vancouver couldn’t be rescheduled last year. They haven’t played Toronto since ‘13 (Burl’s Creek did not count…) But, yeah, other places are even more deserving.

they'll start in May/June and of course they will plax 50+ shows all over the world… – come on folks, be realistic

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2022 20:55

TrulyMicks1

Given the massive amount of money to be made in the States it's always a possibility - maybe a few shows in the biggest cities - L.A., NY, and Chicago.
And probably another private show for billionaire Robert Kraft; with a 14 song set, minimal stage setup, etc., it's easy money.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 20:59

Following their recent tour pattern it will be Europe in summer, Nov/Dec will bring them to South America and then they will likely want to do Australia/Japan again at some point. No US shows to happen anytime soon, that's my guess.

I know they did add some US shows after their South America shows in 1998 and 2006, but those were different times.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 22, 2022 21:29

Hairball
Would be nice if they have some smaller venues planned for London.

@ small, you mean the O2 Arena? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 22, 2022 23:05

Stonesfan2146
Following their recent tour pattern it will be Europe in summer, Nov/Dec will bring them to South America and then they will likely want to do Australia/Japan again at some point. No US shows to happen anytime soon, that's my guess.

I know they did add some US shows after their South America shows in 1998 and 2006, but those were different times.

They could definitely do another leg in South America/Mexico, if they still want something to do in 2023. Australia/NZ/Asia are probably not going to be tour-able for a long time due to Covid restrictions. I would say those countries have definitely seen their last Stones shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 23:06 by podiumboy.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 23, 2022 02:30

podiumboy
Stonesfan2146

They could definitely do another leg in South America/Mexico, if they still want something to do in 2023. Australia/NZ/Asia are probably not going to be tour-able for a long time due to Covid restrictions. I would say those countries have definitely seen their last Stones shows.

Nonsense.

If you're double Vaxxed then there are NO restrictions on inbound travellers to Australia.

Once here, there are few restrictions and life is (rightly or wrongly) largely returning to normal.

Large stadium events are going ahead - just about the only restriction (at this writing) is that you need a mask when moving around. Theatre shows are back on - eg Harry Potter, Tommy and any number of other musicals. Hamilton any day now.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 23, 2022 04:36

podiumboy
Stonesfan2146

Crazy talk
Australia is open and rocking
Foo Fighters just announced huge stadium show up the road from me for next Friday

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2022 06:12

SomeTorontoGirl
TrulyMicks1

c

I had lucky dips for Vancouver, a year after lucky dips with amazing seats in Seattle. It seemed too good to be true. And it was.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 06:31

Deathgod
podiumboy
Stonesfan2146

Crazy talk
Australia is open and rocking
Foo Fighters just announced huge stadium show up the road from me for next Friday

Exactly.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 23, 2022 07:28

Hairball
TrulyMicks1

Given the massive amount of money to be made in the States it's always a possibility - maybe a few shows in the biggest cities - L.A., NY, and Chicago.
And probably another private show for billionaire Robert Kraft; with a 14 song set, minimal stage setup, etc., it's easy money.

2 shows, at least, in NY and L.A. but not Chicago. I could be wrong but...

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: February 23, 2022 07:54

SomeTorontoGirl
TrulyMicks1

Agree Canada is overdue, but I think they definitely consider Burl's Creek as Toronto. But I'd definitely love to see them back here too.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 23, 2022 09:25

A US or CAN show would be great but let then tour Europe first please. Step by step. They are not 70 anymore.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 23, 2022 09:36

schwonek
A US or CAN show would be great but let then tour Europe first please. Step by step. They are not 70 anymore.

True. It’s an English band after all. smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesLO ()
Date: February 23, 2022 10:04

The 'Mirror' has picked up the Hyde Park June 25th rumours and running a story.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home