Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:00

RE the Eiffel Tower gig...

This is probably the last and ultimate "venue" Mick never played in so it seems logical he put his weight to have it.
Btw it's not an UNusual place for musical events. Classical concerts have taken place right below the old lady.

The sad part? If Mick gets this one that might mean it's their last tour. I mean how can you top an Eiffel Tower gig? Going back to the hollow and lifeless "stade de France" for the 5th or 6th time?

Nah...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 10:30 by dcba.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:04

slewan
Stonesfan2146
The structure of this tour will be an interesting thing to see. Did anyone noticed that the additional shows in 2021 sometimes only had 2 days of rest in between them? Those were shows added post Charlie, so I think the 3-4 days between shows rule was something he requested. Also I think the decision to do 15 dates per tour was made in his request too? So this tour might be a little more flexible in the number of concerts being played and scheduling than the last few.

I always thought that Mick's voices needs are rest between the shows

Thought that too but the change of rest days around the added dates last year got me thinking.

Date: February 21, 2022 17:04

dcba

This is probably the last and ultimate "venue" Mick never played in so it seems logical he put his weight to have it.
Btw it's not an usual place for musical events. Classical concerts have taken place right below the old lady.

The sad part? If Mick gets this one that might mean it's their last tour. I mean how can you top an Eiffel Tower gig? Going back to the hollow and lifeless "stade de France" for the 5th or 6th time?

Nah...

By playing some/all of the seven wonders of the world? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-21 17:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:19

DandelionPowderman
dcba

Nah...

Well, as far as I know no one ever played a rock concert on the moon. There's a first time for everything...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:42

Stonesfan2146
The structure of this tour will be an interesting thing to see. Did anyone noticed that the additional shows in 2021 sometimes only had 2 days of rest in between them? Those were shows added post Charlie, so I think the 3-4 days between shows rule was something he requested. Also I think the decision to do 15 dates per tour was made in his request too? So this tour might be a little more flexible in the number of concerts being played and scheduling than the last few.

in 2021 there were two rests that were only two days long – all between all other shows there have been three or even four days off.
On the other hand: Between the tow London shows in 2018 there were only two days off. Same for the Paris shows in 2017

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 21, 2022 19:49

jackflash27
Stones in Holland seems a 'certainty' this year, but where?

The Stones have a long history with gigs in the Netherlands and I'm sure it's a safe bet that 'we' will get a concert again this summer. I'm curious what venue it will be. Possible options with estimated capacity:
- Amsterdam Arena (50.000)
- Arnhem Gelredome (40.000)
- Nijmegen Goffertpark (55.000)
- Groningen Stadspark (65.000)
- Pinkpop festival ground (70.000)

I hope they'll go for an outdoor location (Pinkpop ground would be great). Least favorite option is the always depressing Amsterdam Arena.

Or Malieveld Den Haag (75.000)

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 21:03

slewan
ribbelchips
I was in the front on Keith's side and it was really bad. Not as bad as the Amsterdam Arena shows I visited, but bad. Stood on the exact same spot at the London Olympics show a year later and man... HUGE difference.

I have been to the Arnhem show in 2017 as well as to the two London shows in 2018. I was in the pit on Keith side at all three shows and there was no reason to complain about the sound – neither in Arnhem nor in London. (The sound might get bad if you are to close to the stage, but it's easy to avoid this if your are in the pit)

Did you see my daughter catch Mick's T-shirt in Arnhem (during SFM)?

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 21:33

DandelionPowderman
dcba
how can you top an Eiffel Tower gig?

Ah ah good one! Or... a gig in space thanks to Elon Musk?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2022 21:59

JumpinJeppeFlash
Nijmegen

That's a beautiful city, and last Stones show I saw in Europe was the great Nijmegen gig back in 2007 - the one and only I saw on that final leg of the ABB tour, and it was great fun.
I saw quite a few over there prior to that mostly during the Licks tour (stadiums, arenas, clubs/theaters)- specifically Sweden, Netherlands, England, Scotland, and all were fantastic.

Speaking of Licks, with talk of all these gigantic/enormous settings, would be nice if there were a few very small club/theater shows ala 2002/2003 - was fortunate to see a few and they're truly amongst the most memorable.
Probably not going to happen and best case scenario would be Royal Albert Hall as many have been speculating for quite some time - it doesn't take a rocket scientist or an "insider" to know that's a good possibility.
But that Eiffel Tower gig...whoa nelly...would make for a great visual backdrop for a mega-Stones show, but not sure how it would be for fans towards the back. Or in the middle. Or even 50 yards back from the stage.
Not interested in attending any of these massive/monstrous settings these days whether Hyde Park, the Eiffel Tower, etc, but it will be fun to see some pics and reviews of these shows if and when they happen.
For the all fans who want to attend - especially those who were unable to attend the recent US shows due to the pandemic, I hope they go as planned.thumbs up

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:00

About Champ de Mars rumours:

not very obvious........

[www.paris.fr]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:44

Return home?

[rollingstones.com]

Is this new? Or could it mean Hyde Park will be announced very soon?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:46

hockenheim95
Return home?

[rollingstones.com]

Is this new? Or could it mean Hyde Park will be announced very soon?

Hmm, that's interesting. But when you click on it, it takes you to the main page, "home", that is.

False alarm. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-21 22:52 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:55

Yes, it works with every ending... Nothing to do with the tour..just wishful thinking

Date: February 22, 2022 02:49

According to the Brazilian producer @jnflesch, The Rolling Stones will visit Latin America again in December this year.

At the moment, there would be 6 countries that are in negotiation for the return of their satanic majesties.

Rumors are currently talking about a European tour, but as it is a celebration of the band's 60th anniversary, it is possible that the Stones will do something similar to "14 On Fire", when the band played shows in several countries on different continents in same tour.

It is worth remembering that there is still nothing confirmed by the band.

[www.facebook.com] [www.facebook.com] [igormiranda.com.br] [www.instagram.com] [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 22, 2022 02:57

DiegoGlimmerStones
According to the Brazilian producer @jnflesch, The Rolling Stones will visit Latin America again in December this year.

At the moment, there would be 6 countries that are in negotiation for the return of their satanic majesties.

Rumors are currently talking about a European tour, but as it is a celebration of the band's 60th anniversary, it is possible that the Stones will do something similar to "14 On Fire", when the band played shows in several countries on different continents in same tour.

[www.facebook.com] [www.facebook.com] [igormiranda.com.br] [www.instagram.com] [www.youtube.com]

The journalist is very well informed and when he spreads these kind of news it's because he checked with his sources, even though some dates may change, as we've already seen after all these years ago. I will celebrate if it's proven true.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2022 03:02

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones

The journalist is very well informed and when he spreads these kind of news it's because he checked with his sources, even though some dates may change, as we've already seen after all these years ago. I will celebrate if it's proven true.

I hope it happens! thumbs up

Date: February 22, 2022 03:43

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones

Thx for let us know this. I think he is someone we can trust, so we'll see thumbs upwinking smileysmileys with beer

Date: February 22, 2022 03:45

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones

I hope it happens! thumbs up

Me too! thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 22, 2022 07:18

dcba

Btw it's not an usual place for musical events. Classical concerts have taken place right below the old lady.

Nah...

If it is, it is.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 22, 2022 07:20

dcba
DandelionPowderman
dcba
how can you top an Eiffel Tower gig?

Ah ah good one! Or... a gig in space thanks to Elon Musk?

It would just... crash.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2022 08:04

Oh nice, Specu-Latin America rumors! winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 22, 2022 09:41

GasLightStreet
dcba

Nah...

If it is, it is.

A gig is a gig. The Eiffel Tower gig, if happen, would be just another gig in exciting historical places, especially Mick seems to be into. A nice addition to the gigs at Palace Square in Sgt. Petersburg and Circo Massimo in Rome (and didn't they once tried to book a gig in Colosseum haha). If there is a chance to book a site like that I don't think Mick will have second thoughts or think like 'no, let us not take that one this time, since we might come back again...' That said, The Sgt. Petersburg gig most likely will remain the only and last time the Stones played in Russia...

But yeah, summer tour in Europe and then one leg in South America later in the year... Like Mick tweeted, things will get busy...thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 09:45 by Doxa.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 22, 2022 09:57

Doxa
The Sgt. Petersburg gig most likely will remain the only and last time the Stones played in Russia...

They first played Russia in 1998 with a show in Moscow.

Date: February 22, 2022 10:11

erikjjf
Doxa
The Sgt. Petersburg gig most likely will remain the only and last time the Stones played in Russia...

They first played Russia in 1998 with a show in Moscow.

Oh yeah, thanks for a correction! I'd forgotten that one.

- Doxa

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 22, 2022 10:15

Doxa
A nice addition to the gigs at Palace Square in Sgt. Petersburg and Circo Massimo in Rome (and didn't they once tried to book a gig in Colosseum haha).
- Doxa

Colosseum. Indeed..... so the rumour went.

It was sweeping the UK music press, so because I had a holiday to Rome already planned I called one or two papers. They knew nothing, but one did give me the phone number of The Stones office. So, I called, and whoever I talked to was vague but didn't dismiss the suggestion.

So, we went to Rome, and the day before the planned show we went to look at the Colosseum and decided that it was impossible to have any sort of gig there. Loud music would have blown it over.

We went to the beach instead.

(For the record, the Colosseum has been dramatically renovated in the years since then. Sufficiently for McCartney to play a gig one night to a high paying audience inside, and then - turning the stuff round - a free one to a huge crowd outside.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 22, 2022 10:42

CaptainCorella
Doxa
A nice addition to the gigs at Palace Square in Sgt. Petersburg and Circo Massimo in Rome (and didn't they once tried to book a gig in Colosseum haha).
- Doxa

It was sweeping the UK music press, so because I had a holiday to Rome already planned I called one or two papers. They knew nothing, but one did give me the phone number of The Stones office. So, I called, and whoever I talked to was vague but didn't dismiss the suggestion.

So, we went to Rome, and the day before the planned show we went to look at the Colosseum and decided that it was impossible to have any sort of gig there. Loud music would have blown it over.

(For the record, the Colosseum has been dramatically renovated in the years since then. Sufficiently for McCartney to play a gig one night to a high paying audience inside, and then - turning the stuff round - a free one to a huge crowd outside.)

That's a good story CC!

I guess that Colosseum gig was one of those crazy, idealistic, stoned ideas of the 60's - any sense of realism didn't damage imagination back then (I recall once reading in some Stones biography that they actually contacted the folks in Rome, but the reply was that the gig was totally out of question). Some even came true, such as the idea of playing a free gig to a half million stoned hippies with Hells Angels as a guard, etc. Anything was possible then - at least looked good in a theory...

Thinking about the 60's - I guess for the Stones as far as historical sites go, probably the oddest might've been the one in notorious 'Palace of Culture and Science' in Warsaw. A historical gig for many reasons, but KGB didn't like what they saw (and Mick's dreams about playing in Russia were doomed for another twenty years).

- Doxa

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 22, 2022 10:56

José Norberto Flesch anuncio ; Stones in December

[youtu.be]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 22, 2022 12:24

Lien

[youtu.be]

Europe and South America within only seven month???

Date: February 22, 2022 12:32

slewan
Lien

[youtu.be]

Europe and South America within only seven month???

In 2014 they did South America in February/March, Europe in May-July and Oz/NZ in October/November.

So why not?

Date: February 22, 2022 12:33

Doxa
CaptainCorella
Doxa
- Doxa

That's a good story CC!

I guess that Colosseum gig was one of those crazy, idealistic, stoned ideas of the 60's - any sense of realism didn't damage imagination back then (I recall once reading in some Stones biography that they actually contacted the folks in Rome, but the reply was that the gig was totally out of question). Some even came true, such as the idea of playing a free gig to a half million stoned hippies with Hells Angels as a guard, etc. Anything was possible then - at least looked good in a theory...

Thinking about the 60's - I guess for the Stones as far as historical sites go, probably the oddest might've been the one in notorious 'Palace of Culture and Science' in Warsaw. A historical gig for many reasons, but KGB didn't like what they saw (and Mick's dreams about playing in Russia were doomed for another twenty years).

- Doxa

they could do Verona Arena

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home