Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 16, 2022 15:03

ProfessorWolf

I get nervous when I hear about Mick having the stamina to go on and on. Or that the band (or whoever is in it) can perform into the 2030's. It really would be sad to see The Stones ('featuring the amazing original 86 year old lead singer Mick Jagger') becoming a kind of tribute act to themselves. Propped up by session musicians, friends of friends of the original members, or someone Keith and/or Ronnie passes the baton to and tells us 'here is my appointed deputy on earth'.

funny you say that because that is exactly what i think will happen

obviously mick's gonna be the last one standing and he sure seems to enjoy performing and the money that comes from it

and if he intends to keep playing stadiums then he needs the rolling stones name to fill them

mick jagger and the granddads of sodom probably ain't gonna do that

And, horrified as I am, I think (fear?) you may well be right. Mick may indeed go on. And on. And on... You are also right in saying he needs the Rolling Stones name if he is to do so. His solo career was fairly patchy. While it was not the train-wreck that many said, it was rather underwhelming in comparison to The Stones. Of course those who were indifferent to Mick as a solo act twenty plus years ago may well feel differently if/when he becomes the only Stones related performer still operating. It would be a totally new ball-game then.

But, bottom line, none of us know for sure what will happen either way. We will all have our own ideas. Own hopes, Own dreams. Own fears. However, time, health, and other family/personal issues will impose themselves on any decision making process. Heaven forbit, an unexpected health scare could scupper everything. Worse still, another death! Such things are outside of everyone's control.

Personally I do hope there IS an ending. A final curtain call. A turning of the last page. Something that marks the conclusion of a truly extraordinary phenomenon. But that is just me. Many will disagree. Good for them. The Rolling Stones are for everyone. Not just a few. They excite adulation, affection, adoration and amazement. They delight and sometimes infuriate. They lift us up, and sometimes weigh us down. They have given us some of the most sublime experiences on this planet. And from time to time they have flirted with confusion, chaos, mediocrity, even ordinariness. Thousands upon thousands of people love them. Many adore them. A few resent them and are jealous of them.

I thank God for them.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 16, 2022 17:27

Concerts are not canceled due to Covid illness. They are cancelled due to Covid infection. Several big tours are in a bit of limbo now. With last years tour, you had vaccines that prevented infections. And they worked perfectly.

The Omicron variant is not so kind towards vaccines. That increases the possibility of infection. One infection can cost a band like the Stones over $30 M. I’ve heard nothing, at least in the UK, of any Omicron booster. Fingers crossed we get one soon or that this bloody virus dies in the new few months.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2022 17:51

The virus will never go away, it will always be there, but as long as everybody on stage and in the crowd is protected, there is no problem. They will tour this summer, I am sure, they are just waiting for the numbers to go down.

Still, many EU countries do require vaccination passes, with 3 shots, UK require 2 vaccine shots, so it is important to have those passes in place if you want to follow the tour outside your own country, with as little hassle as possible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 16, 2022 22:53

BV,

Is there a digital passport that U.S. citizens can get before they travel to Europe? I wouldn't imagine taking a vaccine card like we have in the U.S. would be acceptable there. Just trying to prepare in advance if I decide to travel to see the Stones there.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 17, 2022 02:29

GerardHennessy
ProfessorWolf

I get nervous when I hear about Mick having the stamina to go on and on. Or that the band (or whoever is in it) can perform into the 2030's. It really would be sad to see The Stones ('featuring the amazing original 86 year old lead singer Mick Jagger') becoming a kind of tribute act to themselves. Propped up by session musicians, friends of friends of the original members, or someone Keith and/or Ronnie passes the baton to and tells us 'here is my appointed deputy on earth'.

funny you say that because that is exactly what i think will happen

obviously mick's gonna be the last one standing and he sure seems to enjoy performing and the money that comes from it

and if he intends to keep playing stadiums then he needs the rolling stones name to fill them

mick jagger and the granddads of sodom probably ain't gonna do that

And, horrified as I am, I think (fear?) you may well be right. Mick may indeed go on. And on. And on... You are also right in saying he needs the Rolling Stones name if he is to do so. His solo career was fairly patchy. While it was not the train-wreck that many said, it was rather underwhelming in comparison to The Stones. Of course those who were indifferent to Mick as a solo act twenty plus years ago may well feel differently if/when he becomes the only Stones related performer still operating. It would be a totally new ball-game then.

But, bottom line, none of us know for sure what will happen either way. We will all have our own ideas. Own hopes, Own dreams. Own fears. However, time, health, and other family/personal issues will impose themselves on any decision making process. Heaven forbit, an unexpected health scare could scupper everything. Worse still, another death! Such things are outside of everyone's control.

Personally I do hope there IS an ending. A final curtain call. A turning of the last page. Something that marks the conclusion of a truly extraordinary phenomenon. But that is just me. Many will disagree. Good for them. The Rolling Stones are for everyone. Not just a few. They excite adulation, affection, adoration and amazement. They delight and sometimes infuriate. They lift us up, and sometimes weigh us down. They have given us some of the most sublime experiences on this planet. And from time to time they have flirted with confusion, chaos, mediocrity, even ordinariness. Thousands upon thousands of people love them. Many adore them. A few resent them and are jealous of them.

I thank God for them.

i see several possible scenarios when it comes to there future

first ronnie's cancer returns (god forbid) and this time he doesn't win the battle

so i see this going three ways if this happens

(a) mick and keith decide to end the band

(b) they replace him with waddy watchel and continue

(c) keith decides he doesn't want to play without ronnie and he quits then he either let's mick continue with the stones name or not and that ends the band

and then what if keith retires or dies i think mick will try to convince him or his family to allow him to continue with the name and if he/they refuse then that's it

and if he does say yes then they replace keith with waddy

or maybe very long shot chance they bring in mick taylor from retirement and ronnie switches to playing keith's parts this would be what i would prefer

or mick just hires unknown 20 something session players and he keeps going this would be what i prefer the least

then finally the scenario where they call it quits after a tour this summer in europe

i don't think this is likley esspecially if the rumors of a latin american tour next year turn out to be true

in which case i thinks they go on until one or more of the the above scenarios occurs

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 17, 2022 04:08

now that we see how Steve Jordan has stepped up it makes it easier to imagine that Waddy Wachtel might be tapped to tour if Ronnie God forbid goes.

Keith would know first off if Ronnie would want that which he probably would .. but I just hope this doesn’t happen.. it’s too diluted at that point.
And Steve Jordan is so good with them! Just so glad he has Charlie’s blessing and the band is strong now.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2022 05:14

duke richardson
now that we see how Steve Jordan has stepped up it makes it easier to imagine that Waddy Wachtel might be tapped to tour if Ronnie God forbid goes.

Keith would know first off if Ronnie would want that which he probably would .. but I just hope this doesn’t happen.. it’s too diluted at that point.
And Steve Jordan is so good with them! Just so glad he has Charlie’s blessing and the band is strong now.

Good lord man! Don't talk like that?!

But seriously, who's Mick's stand-in?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 17, 2022 05:39

you mean in the highly unlikely event that mick retires or dies and keith and ronnie want to go on?

christ man that's a hard one!

can you raise james brown from the dead?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2022 05:58

........ Me ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2022 06:19

Rockman

........ Me ....

Can you dance, jump, point, gesticulate, skip, wiggle, run, lunge, all while singing in key for 2.5 hours?

We'll consider your application as long as it's a yes.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2022 06:31

All dat and even more ......... ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2022 14:18

Rockman
All dat and even more ......... ....

jazz hands?!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2022 15:48

Mick Hucknall?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 17, 2022 15:55

Bit of a morbid turn - any actual rumours to update on rather than doomsdaying?

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: February 17, 2022 17:15

lol this is the worst rumour thread in history. Someone must have some actual rumours on dates venues??

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 17, 2022 17:28

glimmertwinz
lol this is the worst rumour thread in history. Someone must have some actual rumours on dates venues??

I am no insider, but I could make up some rumors, if that'd make you happy. winking smiley

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 17, 2022 17:40

Way too much speculation here! Just enjoy it while it lasts!

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 17, 2022 18:26

Buddy Guy has no dates June and July , I wonder !

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 17, 2022 19:42

glimmertwinz

Assuming there really is a tour!

Date: February 17, 2022 21:06

glimmertwinz

If you read this thread you'll also find rumoured venues, a statement from an ambassador in Mexico about a coming Stones-show etc.

Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: February 18, 2022 10:25

The Rolling Stones in Pamplona!
Only concert in Spain?
Curious rumours!

www.rockfm.fm/al-dia/noticias/los-planes-mas-espectaculares-para-san-fermin-conciertos-the-rolling-stones-guns-roses-20220215_1857716
www.noticiasdenavarra.com/navarra/pamplona/2022/02/09/the-rolling-stones-o-guns/1227700.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-18 10:29 by serpico71.

Date: February 18, 2022 10:43

The promoter of all the Rolling Stones tours of Spain since 1976, Gay Mercader (22 concerts of the band in 41 years), has tried to bring the Stones to Madrid, offered the new Santiago Bernabeu Stadium (Real Madrid ) for the month of June, but the stadium is undergoing renovations and will not be finished until September.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-18 10:53 by serpico71.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 18, 2022 12:14

serpico71
The promoter of all the Rolling Stones tours of Spain since 1976, Gay Mercader (22 concerts of the band in 41 years), has tried to bring the Stones to Madrid, offered the new Santiago Bernabeu Stadium (Real Madrid ) for the month of June, but the stadium is undergoing renovations and will not be finished until September.

There still are a few other ones
Stadiums in Madrid

DON'T write of Madrid.

Date: February 18, 2022 12:40

I am only commenting on the original idea of ??the Santiago Bernabeu stadium from the Spanish promoter Gay Mercader. Of course there are more stadiums left in Madrid, for example: The Wanda Metropolitano Stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-18 12:43 by serpico71.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: February 18, 2022 13:25

Madrid would be good

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 18, 2022 14:39

glimmertwinz

Have to seen the thread about their new album? It’s imminent, you know! I myself have aged ALL the way through my 50’s and half way through my 60’s waiting for it!!!!

Rod

Date: February 18, 2022 15:01

The dates are not there until the puzzle is done. It is in the works. They are like a clockwork. Touring every year since 2012, even during the pandemic last year, in USA. Sure they will tour Europe this summer. Have some patience, that's all. Summer is still four months away from now.

The tour in USA 2021 was announced one month ahead of rehearsals starting, and just two months ahead of tour start. With rehearsals in May and tour start in June, there is still plenty of time to wait out the remaining part of the pandemic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2022 16:20

Every year except 2020! winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 18, 2022 16:24

Topi

there was no year 2020

Date: February 18, 2022 16:35

Topi

Nothing happened in 2020. Nothing! Not even the 2020 Summer Olympics. They happened in 2021!!! There were crowd limitations most places, and no vaccine, a very scary time, people got sick and died, so 2020 is the "lost year". But ... we got "Living In A Ghost Town". And ... they were able to play it live during the pandemic, during the 2021 tour, it says a lot.

I am still impressed about the fact that The Rolling Stones managed to tour and perform in front of packed stadiums through their fall 2021 tour. That is a proof of the fact that they will for sure tour this summer.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home