Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 11, 2022 09:51

I think they are done after this year. End it where it all began.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 11, 2022 14:06

I also think ending it after exactly 60 years right where they began would make for a great historic ending. And it kinda feels that way. But I don't think the Stones care about things like that. I guess as long as they feel good about it they will continue playing. If they feel like playing they also might do another leg of South America or Asia. They don't care about having a perfect history book ending. That's just not their style. Their style is more to continue until another one of them croaks.

I also think Mick and Ronnie want to feel young and playing and staying active lets them believe they still are. And if those two want to do shows Keith would not disappoint them. But I could be wrong...

What you also have to take into account: Either they will choose the No Filter Stage on more time but since they have been playing this stage in 2017 and 2018 I don't think they will. But if they decide for a new stage it will take more than 15 shows so that it pays off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-11 14:21 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 11, 2022 14:39

Topi

that's what I've been saying for many years: They should bring it to an end as long it's their decision and they are not forced by external circumstance (disease, death etc.) and/or before it gets too embarrassing

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: February 11, 2022 14:55

Topi

I agree. The Stones aren't always sentimental (especially Mick but ending it where it began is an "orderly" ending, systematic and very proper English way to end. But I hope they just do it and don't advertise it..........

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 11, 2022 15:56

bradleycsocal
Topi

I agree. The Stones aren't always sentimental (especially Mick but ending it where it began is an "orderly" ending, systematic and very proper English way to end. But I hope they just do it and don't advertise it..........

but they should announce it – at least at the end of their very last show.
Otherwise we'll have to discuss on 1000+ pages if they'll every tour again…

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 11, 2022 15:59

I would bet they won't finish the next tour in London. The Stones aren't sentimental. It could be anywhere...

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: February 11, 2022 16:00

hockenheim95
I would bet they won't finish the next tour in London. The Stones aren't sentimental. It could be anywhere...

I think they will start it there....

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 11, 2022 16:19

hockenheim95

Id 'bet that they will finish in London...especially if they know that will then be it .

And not necessarily as an originally scheduled show....but maybe added to the end of the originally planned itinery.

[There are precedents, under different circumstances perhaps, but Remember how the additional o2 shows were tagged on the end of the fragmented ABB tour]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 11, 2022 16:35

Spud
hockenheim95

Id 'bet that they will finish in London...especially if they know that will then be it .

And not necessarily as an originally scheduled show....but maybe added to the end of the originally planned itinery.

[There are precedents, under different circumstances perhaps, but Remember how the additional o2 shows were tagged on the end of the fragmented ABB tour]

I also think the last show(s) will be an add on in London.
Not announced as such, but if they do plan a last show.. makes sense this would be how they do it.

As much as I'd like to think it will be a club show, would also love to see it in Hyde Park or similar to allow as many of us that want to be there the opportunity.

Date: February 11, 2022 17:33

Not sure if Hyde Park has already maxed out on their allowed number of concerts this year. They can only host so many according to the city/borough bylaws from what I gather.

After Prague, I swore "no more open air shows" but I would gladly make an exception with Hyde Park! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-11 17:35 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2022 21:39

Wouldn't be too surprised if their final show was a private small affair for a billionaire willing to pay the Kings ransom.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 11, 2022 21:47

Hairball
Wouldn't be too surprised if their final show was a private small affair for a billionaire willing to pay the Kings ransom.

Agree 100%. Possibly as an add-on after the tour dates have been announced, like adding 2021's Kraft show to the end (instead of the beginning), like the Hollywood, FL show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-11 21:56 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 11, 2022 22:27

You have to count on any tour not ending where they originally planned on ending.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 11, 2022 22:55

Pretty hard to think that the Stones are any 'The Last Waltz' kind of band. But that said, there was that kind of feel in those O2 shows in the end of A Bigger Bang tour. Especially in the interview of Keith that was released in YouTube at the time. He sounded so sad and sentimental, giving the impression of 'from here it all started, and here it will end. Home'. It was a long and tough tour, so it could be that the Stones were actually thinking that 'this is it'. Not probably saying it loud even to each other, but deep in their hearts, and having some kind of sense of realism. (Well, Charlie used to say that they felt like that after every tour...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-11 23:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 11, 2022 23:13

Yeah, the o2 shows did have that feel. They were the tour ending dates, but that vibe was somehow more poignant than usual at the those shows.

( they were wonderful shows too...certainly amongst the stand outs in the "modern era")

Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: February 11, 2022 23:42

In this press release from Spain, about six months ago, among other things that we already know, they describe the Stones' tour as: A summer tour of big festivals, I've seen many concerts in big festivals when I was younger, but now At 58 years old, I prefer to sit in a chair in a football stadium and be able to enjoy a concert by my favorite band.
www.plasticosydecibelios.com/rolling-stones-cobraran-5-millones-de-dolares-por-concierto-en-los-festivales-europeos-del-ano-2022/

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: February 11, 2022 23:49

Doxa
Pretty hard to think that the Stones are any 'The Last Waltz' kind of band. But that said, there was that kind of feel in those O2 shows in the end of A Bigger Bang tour. Especially in the interview of Keith that was released in YouTube at the time. He sounded so sad and sentimental, giving the impression of 'from here it all started, and here it will end. Home'. It was a long and tough tour, so it could be that the Stones were actually thinking that 'this is it'. Not probably saying it loud even to each other, but deep in their hearts, and having some kind of sense of realism. (Well, Charlie used to say that they felt like that after every tour...)

- Doxa
Volia . This is it. Beautifully said.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 11, 2022 23:55

serpico71
In this press release from Spain, about six months ago, among other things that we already know, they describe the Stones' tour as: A summer tour of big festivals, I've seen many concerts in big festivals when I was younger, but now At 58 years old, I prefer to sit in a chair in a football stadium and be able to enjoy a concert by my favorite band.
[www.plasticosydecibelios.com]

That blog post from last August is just repeating info that originally appeared in Paris Match and was posted here by gotdablouse.

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-11 23:57 by bye bye johnny.

Date: February 11, 2022 23:57

But leaving all that sentimental stuff about 'this is the very last show ever' or that them leaving the stage forever supposed to be some sort of a Bigger Bang (sic) I think with the Stones the question is that ANY concert is such. And has been for a long time. The Stones are so damn popular and blessed that they have never needed to promote any of their tours as farewell ones. People think and had thought for ages the tours in terms like that without any official announcement: this could be the very last time to see the Stones. And as live performers they are pretty convincing to give such an impression - offering a huge event, even a triumph by playing like this is the last time ever, giving all they can and all those legendary songs in one token. Which will be techically the very last concert (sometimes during the 2030s...), attended by whoever, private or public, will be just a historical anecdote, and mean next to nothing at this stage. Just another gig for them... (and some another, say, 10 million dollars...)

- Doxa

Date: February 11, 2022 23:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-12 00:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 12, 2022 02:50

Doxa
But leaving all that sentimental stuff about 'this is the very last show ever' or that them leaving the stage forever supposed to be some sort of a Bigger Bang (sic) I think with the Stones the question is that ANY concert is such. And has been for a long time. The Stones are so damn popular and blessed that they have never needed to promote any of their tours as farewell ones. People think and had thought for ages the tours in terms like that without any official announcement: this could be the very last time to see the Stones. And as live performers they are pretty convincing to give such an impression - offering a huge event, even a triumph by playing like this is the last time ever, giving all they can and all those legendary songs in one token. Which will be techically the very last concert (sometimes during the 2030s...), attended by whoever, private or public, will be just a historical anecdote, and mean next to nothing at this stage. Just another gig for them... (and some another, say, 10 million dollars...)

- Doxa

2030's?

even i wouldn't go that far

my latest date for any of them to still be performing is 2027 and that's still a big stretch

but i wouldn't be surprised if there last show would be for a chinese billionaires kid's birthday party in 2024

or in florida since that seems like a popular place to them for ending tours lately

either way to paraphrase pete townshend

don't end it gracefully guys it wouldn't suit you

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 12, 2022 04:34

Wasn't there also rumours/talk of negotiations for Mexico and S/A next year?

Date: February 12, 2022 04:54

BeastyBurdeny

huh!?

where did you hear that?

Date: February 12, 2022 08:28

The Mexico/South America 2023 rumors were first discussed briefly on Rocksoff.org back in January [rocksoff.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-12 09:09 by Topi.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 12, 2022 08:51

ProfessorWolf
BeastyBurdeny

huh!?

where did you hear that?

Page 13 of this thread mentioned it briefly. Not saying any of it is true, but my guess is the Stones are looking beyond their 2022 touring calendar.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 12, 2022 09:08

I heard on fm Stones could do Canada, not sure where fm got that info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-12 09:09 by babyblue.

Date: February 12, 2022 09:24

Topi
The Mexico/South America 2023 rumors were first discussed briefly on Rocksoff.org back in January [rocksoff.org]

wow

the information came from the british ambassador to mexico

can anyone confirm he actually said this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-12 09:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 12, 2022 14:28

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
maybe

but i think they'll continue doing a handful of stadium shows a year for at least a couple more years

just hope they don't do one of those "farewell
tours" and just keep performing until they can't or don't want to anymore

just one day they do and the next they don't

Seems like they've always been clear that they won't say such a thing. Mick is always diplomatic, Keith is always "I'll die on stage", Charlie said it's over when his drums blow up and Ronnie... I have no idea but probably along the lines of "It just keeps getting better and better, mate".

Mick stated that the new Stones LP will be the last one. Which to me says more. No matter what, it's winding down.

I believe the Charlie quote is along the lines of "we'll always do a residency in Bognor Regis" and I have never seen or heard where Mick says this will be the last album, although if he did then I'm glad to hear they will be releasing SOMETHING

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2022 14:37

bradleycsocal
ending it where it began is an "orderly" ending, systematic and very proper English way to end.

Imho their motto is "rock till you drop". Now that Charlie's gone it's down to Keith and Mick : a physical "failure" from one of these 2 will mean the end of the band.
Everyone else is replaceable.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: February 12, 2022 16:43

Well, I don't think a lot of people thought of Charlie as replacable before his demise. I bet even Keith has his succesor appointed. Not that it will be necessary in the near future. But Mick could and would go on without him.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home