Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 26, 2022 22:08

roma1927
Due the covid situation why they dont think to do a indoor tour? Like teather or Arena for the 60th ? Am i wrong?

Covid is transmitted more easily indoors. Outdoors would be safer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 26, 2022 22:25

Denmark is opening up for events at large venues and stadiums - with packed crowds - as of Feb. 1. In fact they do remove all covid-19 rules as from that date. I am sure the same goes for UK, Norway and many other countries in Europe soon, probably some time in February. The prospect of a Stones tour in Europe this summer looks bright.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 26, 2022 22:31

bv
Denmark is opening up for events at large venues and stadiums - with packed crowds - as of Feb. 1. In fact they do remove all covid-19 rules as from that date. I am sure the same goes for UK, Norway and many other countries in Europe soon, probably some time in February. The prospect of a Stones tour in Europe this summer looks bright.

Can't wait smileys with beer

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: January 26, 2022 23:05

bv

So do you think there are some chances to see them in europe? Stadiums or arenas tour? Maybe festival?

Date: January 26, 2022 23:13

Variants, people. Who is to say there won't be a more problematic variant in the near future? Look, I love the optimism, but let's be realistic too.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 26, 2022 23:41

NashvilleBlues
Variants, people. Who is to say there won't be a more problematic variant in the near future? Look, I love the optimism, but let's be realistic too.

This should be in the other thread, but the variants will have a tougher time penetrating populations that have been infected by omicron. Mother nature's own vaccine without the deadly effects of Delta and more universal than pfizer.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 26, 2022 23:45

skytrench
NashvilleBlues

This should be in the other thread, but the variants will have a tougher time penetrating populations that have been infected by omicron. Mother nature's own vaccine without the deadly effects of Delta and more universal than pfizer.

well, the more people are infected, the more likely is the emergence of new variants…

Date: January 26, 2022 23:47

Please use the corona virus thread for worries and comments related to covid-19.

Bjornulf

Date: January 26, 2022 23:49

Yes. I think they will celebrate their 60th anniversary with shows in UK and also in mainland Europe this summer.

Bjornulf

Date: January 27, 2022 01:02

bv
Please use the corona virus thread for worries and comments related to covid-19.

Sorry. Hard to know where to post when Covid and the possible 2022 tour are so entwined. So a post dealing with Covid and the possible 2022 tour should be on the Covid thread, not the possible tour thread? Got it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 27, 2022 11:55

bv
Yes. I think they will celebrate their 60th anniversary with shows in UK and also in mainland Europe this summer.

sounds quite close to an official announcement to me

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 27, 2022 15:28

Always a strong possibility given the 60th anniversary milestone.

For me, sadly, I shall not be attending any of these events. My personal experience is that The Stones have ceased to be relevant in any way other than as a nostalgia-fest. Having seen them several time over the last ten years I now realise I just attended pretty-much the same event over and over. A warhorse rich set-list, an almost unchanging run through the same 18-20 numbers, and a sense that everything was geared to recreating what happened when they performed forty years ago.

I stress that what I am expressing here is very much a personal view. I am not criticising anyone, least of all the band, for sustaining the current approach to performances. It is a free world, and there is certainly an appetite for what The Stones do. Good luck to them, and to the fans that that will flock to their next tour, stock up on merchandise, and sing along to Start Me Up, Honky Tonk Women, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Satisfaction.

So why do I feel as I do? I guess it is because I grew up worshipping a band that really were at the cutting edge of rock music. Glamorous, dangerous, edgy, unafraid to challenge the dinosaurs of the music business. Parents hated them. The establishment were terrified of them. Politicians, churches, old-fashioned pop singers lined up to criticise and condemn them. Now these very same socio-economic, religious and political groupings form the vanguard of their fan base. Oh dear!

Fifty three years ago I spent almost my entire wage packet on Let It Bleed. I brought it home, and devoured it for weeks on end. It was dark. It was disturbing. It was debauched. It was dangerous. And, gratifyingly, it horrified my parents. But it made me feel like The Stones were doing things with music that related to the challenges I faced, the hopes I held, and the ambitions I harboured. It felt RELEVANT. Little did I know then that there would come a time when it would all become processed, packaged, photo-shopped and pumped out like an old-tyme music hall singalong.

Sing-a-Longa Stones! Heaven help us all!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 27, 2022 15:38

bv

I can't wait, although, honestly, I don't think I can attend shows. I've been vaccinated with 2 Sputnik V vaccine(Russia) and a booster dose Pfizer-BioNTech, but, unfortunately for people with this vaccine combination entry is not allowed in EU...
and 10/14 days quarantine is not an option...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 27, 2022 17:28

novica
bv

I can't wait, although, honestly, I don't think I can attend shows. I've been vaccinated with 2 Sputnik V vaccine(Russia) and a booster dose Pfizer-BioNTech, but, unfortunately for people with this vaccine combination entry is not allowed in EU...
and 10/14 days quarantine is not an option...

Get a second Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and have proof.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 27, 2022 18:01

GerardHennessy

For me, sadly, I shall not be attending any of these events. My personal experience is that The Stones have ceased to be relevant in any way other than as a nostalgia-fest. Having seen them several time over the last ten years I now realise I just attended pretty-much the same event over and over. A warhorse rich set-list, an almost unchanging run through the same 18-20 numbers, and a sense that everything was geared to recreating what happened when they performed forty years ago.

I stress that what I am expressing here is very much a personal view. I am not criticising anyone, least of all the band, for sustaining the current approach to performances. It is a free world, and there is certainly an appetite for what The Stones do. Good luck to them, and to the fans that that will flock to their next tour, stock up on merchandise, and sing along to Start Me Up, Honky Tonk Women, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Satisfaction.

So why do I feel as I do? I guess it is because I grew up worshipping a band that really were at the cutting edge of rock music. Glamorous, dangerous, edgy, unafraid to challenge the dinosaurs of the music business. Parents hated them. The establishment were terrified of them. Politicians, churches, old-fashioned pop singers lined up to criticise and condemn them. Now these very same socio-economic, religious and political groupings form the vanguard of their fan base. Oh dear!

Fifty three years ago I spent almost my entire wage packet on Let It Bleed. I brought it home, and devoured it for weeks on end. It was dark. It was disturbing. It was debauched. It was dangerous. And, gratifyingly, it horrified my parents. But it made me feel like The Stones were doing things with music that related to the challenges I faced, the hopes I held, and the ambitions I harboured. It felt RELEVANT. Little did I know then that there would come a time when it would all become processed, packaged, photo-shopped and pumped out like an old-tyme music hall singalong.

From scores of conversations on these pages it's clear that those well expressed sentiments are very common amongst we ..erm...older fans.

...and we'd all have to accept that there's some truth in those sentiments.

All that said, I'm just thankful that we still have them with us and that being in their presence at shows remains a thrilling and almost religious experience.

So whilst ever I can , and when I can afford it, I'll keep showing up.
grinning smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 27, 2022 18:35

I agree with you GerardHennessy.
But I guess we all need someone we can, uh, lean on.
So I went to see them again in 2013 and one in 2019.
I kind of doubt I'll go again.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2022 20:07

bam
I agree with you GerardHennessy.
But I guess we all need someone we can, uh, lean on.
So I went to see them again in 2013 and one in 2019.
I kind of doubt I'll go again.

I saw them twice recently in L.A. with Lucky Dips and also the fact they were playing only an hour drive from where I live. Had a good time, but once would have been enough.
Would maybe see them again under the same circumstances (Lucky Dips and 60 miles away) for the nostalgia and old time sake, but seems the thrill is gone for the most part.
And without Charlie, it all seemed a bit wrong imo. Hope they play in 2022 in the UK/Europe for those who want to see them again and/or were unable to make it to the US on the recent tour.
The 60th anniversary could be a landmark celebration if all goes well, and maybe they'll have the new album out by then...or at least another single.

Date: January 27, 2022 20:56

Spud
GerardHennessy

From scores of conversations on these pages it's clear that those well expressed sentiments are very common amongst we ..erm...older fans.

All that said, I'm just thankful that we still have them with us and that being in their presence at shows remains a thrilling and almost religious experience.

grinning smiley

Good for you Spud, and for everyone who still enjoys the band. Enjoy for as long as possible, and do so in whatever way works for you my friend.

You are quite right in what you say. My view, such as it is, resonates much more with older fans. And this is also really ironic. Because, if you think about it, most people would assume that people like me would want to remain stuck in a time warp, reliving our youth, while endlessly replaying the old material over and over and over again. In fact, in my own case certainly, I would love for the band to stop cranking out songs that have been around forever and try something new, vibrant and edgy. I love what Robert Plant now does, and I'm delighted he seems totally happy to move on from Zeppelin.A band incidentally I also loved. I love that John Mayall is still making albums of material by new writers, using new young musicians. And I love that Dave Brock (now almost 80 years old) and Hawkwind are still releasing new material at the rate of an album per year, and continue to use different musicians at different times to fit with whatever new direction their music is taking.

Date: January 27, 2022 20:57

Spud
GerardHennessy

grinning smiley

Good for you Spud, and for everyone who still enjoys the band. Enjoy for as long as possible, and do so in whatever way works for you my friend.

You are quite right in what you say. My view, such as it is, resonates much more with older fans. And this is also really ironic. Because, if you think about it, most people would assume that people like me would want to remain stuck in a time warp, endlessly replaying the old material over and over and over again. In fact, in my own case certainly, I would love for the band to stop cranking out songs that have been around forever and try something new, vibrant and edgy. I love what Robert Plant now does, and is very happy to move on from Zeppelin. I love that John Mayall is still making albums of material by new writers, using new young musicians. And I love that Dave Brock and Hawkwind are still releasing new materialat the rate of an album per year.

Date: January 27, 2022 22:42

Ideally The U.K./Europe tour happens. I am going to see The Stones, but also Robert Plant, Ben Harper, First Aid Kit, possibly Pearl Jam and a bunch of others. Some people go on cruises (boring) or to sit on a beach. I go see live music and hoping for 3 weeks of shows.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 27, 2022 22:45

daspyknows
Ideally The U.K./Europe tour happens. I am going to see The Stones, but also Robert Plant, Ben Harper, First Aid Kit, possibly Pearl Jam and a bunch of others. Some people go on cruises (boring) or to sit on a beach. I go see live music and hoping for 3 weeks of shows.

I'm with you, never gone on a cruise. They have cruises to Hawaii. Cut the crap, just fly me to Hawaii, cuz that's where I want to be not wasting my time in the all you can eat buffet line on the boat getting seasick.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 28, 2022 00:07

bv

Hearing that from you, bv - it means a lot. I am ready.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 28, 2022 00:42

daspyknows

hopefully see ya there, Daspy!

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 28, 2022 01:34

There is room for a final act the last night of Pinkpop, June 19th. A strong contender. Pinkpop promoters want them back to make up for a dead 2 year stretch.

Date: January 28, 2022 04:40

BeastyBurdeny
daspyknows

hopefully see ya there, Daspy!

Sure hope so.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:40

Netherlands would definitely be ready for a Stones return, it's been nearly 5 years. Think they might plan a festival tour so as not to have to deal with stadium Covid regulations?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2022 07:16

NashvilleBlues

Don't you ruin my liberty!!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2022 07:20

The Stones figured it out in 2021 in the US.

They'll do the same for Europe in 2022.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 28, 2022 10:21

jcstone47
There is room for a final act the last night of Pinkpop, June 19th. A strong contender. Pinkpop promoters want them back to make up for a dead 2 year stretch.
Headliner for Pinkpop Sunday June 19th is Imagine Dragons,
From pinkpop.nl:
The American rock band Imagine Dragons is the third headliner of the 51st edition of Pinkpop! The band will close the festival weekend on Sunday 19 June 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-28 10:23 by spunky.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: January 28, 2022 10:45

Imagine Dragons a "rock band"?
Excuse me while I vomit, no, sorry, while I wonder...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home