Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 11, 2022 07:51

podiumboy
Vancouver has all events capped at 50% capacity. Stones won’t be playing there.

Temporarily. It was at full-capacity in November.. not sure why you don't think that could change in 4-6 months

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 11, 2022 09:59

I’d love a Vancouver show. I’ve travelled to gigs for years now. A Vancouver show would be great! No travel!

Date: January 11, 2022 12:23

how did we go from europe to US/Canada ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 11, 2022 13:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

how did we go from europe to US/Canada ?

See here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 11, 2022 15:19

No reason for Springsteen to nope out of Europe. In a couple of months...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 11, 2022 15:49

noughties
No reason for Springsteen to nope out of Europe. In a couple of months...

His tour was due to start on April 29, and was to be more a Spring tour than summer, so that early start date probably added to the uncertainty that it happen without any problems.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 11, 2022 17:07

Sorry for st(r)aying off-topic, but with Springsteen it looks like he was supposed to announce the Europe tour on Nov 29, start ticket sales on Dec 3 but pulled out last minute. Word is he has also cancelled any US stadium holds he had for this year. (Source: BTX)

So at the moment it doesn't look good.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 11, 2022 17:27

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-11 17:28 by MAF.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: January 11, 2022 17:33

Topi
Sorry for st(r)aying off-topic, but with Springsteen it looks like he was supposed to announce the Europe tour on Nov 29, start ticket sales on Dec 3 but pulled out last minute. Word is he has also cancelled any US stadium holds he had for this year. (Source: BTX)

Will all due respect to the Boss, he is a very politically-oriented musician. I guess he might have just gone with a flow of being "socially responsible" etc. and decided to pull those shows off (unless there are other reasons, completely unrelated to Covid). Majority of musicians understand that touring is what keep them and their companies afloat, and will do whatever they can to tour even in a bit uncertain times - the Stones are a perfect example as despite big pressure they had the balls to go out and completed a huge stadium tour in the middle of 4th wave caused by Delta variant. I do believe majority of acts, both small, mid-sized or big/legacy ones, will do whatever they can to put touring back in the business. After all so many people's jobs depend on this industry resuming in full scale.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 11, 2022 18:21

why north america again? they did north america in 2019 and 2021... time for another part of the world imo? smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 11, 2022 18:37

MononoM
why north america again? they did north america in 2019 and 2021... time for another part of the world imo? smiling smiley

Because North America might be the only part of the world they are allowed to tour in this year…

Posted by: serpico71 ()
Date: January 11, 2022 18:38

Let's not rule out a possible Stones tour of Europe yet, perhaps the 2022 tour can take place between the months of September and October as they already did in the 2017 tour of Europe. In this continent, vaccination is very advanced and although each country has its own policy to combat COVID, in Europe we will surely not see the images of the last tour of the Stones through US stadiums with crowds of people without a mask, something unthinkable in Europe, where it would be mandatory to wear these masks to a concert to prevent the spread of the virus. We still have hope on the old continent to see the Stones! Rumors of a possible concert in Madrid have been sounding for months, in the recently remodeled Santiago Bernabéu stadium.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 11, 2022 19:18

The problem is that in order to book a summer stadium tour, tickets would have to go on sale by February or March, while capacity restrictions are still in place. And you have to assume that every country visited will be able to guarantee that the band and their entire crew can enter and do their job, let 50,000 plus into a stadium, etc.

I think Europe would be crazy to let a 3rd summer go by without big concerts. Especially when most of those countries have good vaccination rates. Hopefully it all works out.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: January 11, 2022 20:49

In Paris my Friend told me that the France dates are still on the table.
Nothing has changed..yet..

Stade de France
Vieilles Charrues
Garorock

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 11, 2022 21:22

The Rolling Stones will certainly not announce any tour at this stage, when most of Europe is in some sort of panic state due to covid-19 and omicron concerns. The good/bad news (read as you please) is the fact that omicron will run fast through the populations with few restrictions, so that may be we will see the curve flatten some time in March/April, in time for a summer tour. So far they just plan the tour and wait out the big wave. With the luck they had with the US Tour last year, they might have another success in Europe this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 11, 2022 21:26

the rule of the thumbs or rather the golden rule for every touring artist in 2022 is: avoid crossing (too many) borders

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 11, 2022 22:08

wickerman
Topi

Will all due respect to the Boss, he is a very politically-oriented musician. I guess he might have just gone with a flow of being "socially responsible" etc. and decided to pull those shows off (unless there are other reasons, completely unrelated to Covid). Majority of musicians understand that touring is what keep them and their companies afloat, and will do whatever they can to tour even in a bit uncertain times - the Stones are a perfect example as despite big pressure they had the balls to go out and completed a huge stadium tour in the middle of 4th wave caused by Delta variant. I do believe majority of acts, both small, mid-sized or big/legacy ones, will do whatever they can to put touring back in the business. After all so many people's jobs depend on this industry resuming in full scale.

The big difference is that the Stones had already signed a contract to tour and there would have been many millions in penalties to pay if they didn't do a rearranged tour of some sort. Tickets had already been sold. We now know that poor Charlie was already in hospital when the rearranged tour was announced and even that didn't cancel the tour, gutwrenching as it clearly was for them. I believe their cancellation insurance only covers Mick and Keith.

No tour has yet been announced and no tickets have been sold so nothing to lose, though no doubt they have venues and dates tentatively booked, as they were in 2017 when Ronnie's health pushed the tour back into the Autumn, without the earlier plans ever being announced.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 11, 2022 23:59

I think it's clear after two covid summers how strong the seasonality of the virus is. Last summer here in Europa we were really worried about the full stadiums and people gathering around the stadiums during the European football cup. Surprisingly it didn't have that much of an impact on the case numbers which were quite low at that time. The expected Delta wave didn't git until it got colder. That why I assume stadium concerts will be totally possible next summer.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 12, 2022 00:31

Not (necessarily) tour related.. but a nice message that Keith just posted smileys with beer

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
·
2m
Hey guys,
I want to wish you all the best for the New Year. I’m sure some of you were at the shows. I really enjoyed playing to you all again! Thank you for coming. Take care of yourselves.
You know, I need you!
Keith

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 12, 2022 00:45

Bit of wear on those boards .... Keefs been riffin '

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 12, 2022 01:13

Is Keith himself tweeting now?

Date: January 12, 2022 01:22

StonedRambler
Is Keith himself tweeting now?

Typically, as in this instance, when it's signed - "Keith", it's words coming directly from him.
Physically whether he types it out himself may be another story.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 12, 2022 01:35

StonedRambler

I think it's clear after two covid summers how strong the seasonality of the virus is. Last summer here in Europa we were really worried about the full stadiums and people gathering around the stadiums during the European football cup. Surprisingly it didn't have that much of an impact on the case numbers which were quite low at that time. The expected Delta wave didn't git until it got colder. That why I assume stadium concerts will be totally possible next summer.

Me too, see the low Covid-numbers in Summer 2020-21 - [iorr.org] . And as promised by BioNTech on 8-Dec-2021, they will deliver an updated vaccine against the Omicron-variant from March 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-12 01:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 12, 2022 03:13

So sweet by our Keith! You can only love him. Can't wait for the European tour!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 12, 2022 06:15

MisterDDDD
Not (necessarily) tour related.. but a nice message that Keith just posted smileys with beer

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
·
2m
Hey guys,
I want to wish you all the best for the New Year. I’m sure some of you were at the shows. I really enjoyed playing to you all again! Thank you for coming. Take care of yourselves.
You know, I need you!
Keith

[twitter.com]

nice shirt Keith

he's really dedicated to the beanies huh

even in the tropics

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 12, 2022 15:41

MisterDDDD

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
·
2m
Hey guys,
You know, I need you!
Keith

[twitter.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: January 12, 2022 18:26

Paddy
I’d love a Vancouver show. I’ve travelled to gigs for years now. A Vancouver show would be great! No travel!

I'm willing to go a lot of places and Vancouver is pretty much opposite side of the continent for me, but it would be one of my first choices, too.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 12, 2022 19:15

lickskeith
In Paris my Friend told me that the France dates are still on the table.
Nothing has changed..yet..

Stade de France
Vieilles Charrues
Garorock

SdF is new to me, only festivals had been "rumored" so far, when did that date pop-up?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 12, 2022 22:51

BFR
Paddy

I'm willing to go a lot of places and Vancouver is pretty much opposite side of the continent for me, but it would be one of my first choices, too.

One last Stones Vancouver show is on my bucket list smileys with beer
So many great shows there over the decades.

Would love to see them pull it off!
So many great fans there.. gotta think if there's a way, they'll work it in before they stop winking smiley

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: January 12, 2022 23:45

Irix
StonedRambler

Me too, see the low Covid-numbers in Summer 2020-21 - [iorr.org] . And as promised by BioNTech on 8-Dec-2021, they will deliver an updated vaccine against the Omicron-variant from March 2022.

I think there's little doubt that outdoor gigs will go ahead in the UK and Europe from May onwards. Roll on Summer. For all the reasons mentioned above.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home