Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 68
Re: Europe 2022 show rumours - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 30, 2021 13:00

I guess to maximize revenue (and mind you, touring costs got much higher now due to Covid uncertainty , higher insurance etc.) they will mostly play festivals / mud fields - cheaper to run, and no capacity limits / limited impact if local governments impose capacity restrictions per sqm etc. I still hope they will throw in 1-2 smaller, more intimate shows - like Royal Albert Hall and some amphitheatre type of show like Waldbuhne.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 30, 2021 13:51

Topi
How many shows does Hyde Park have booked for 2022? And what's the max # allowed by the city?

It runs over three weekends starting Friday June 24th usually I think there are shows on all three days of the weekends.As things stand there are free days on Saturday June 25th and Sunday July 3rd.I have no idea how many shows the city allows.

Nate

Date: November 30, 2021 14:20

spunky
Saturday July 9 is also available in Hyde Park.

Pearl Jam are booked for that day.

Nate

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 30, 2021 14:22

I guess Stones play Wembley

Re: 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?
Posted by: jrdavrainville ()
Date: November 30, 2021 14:53

Yes... Their last venue there was September 1966 I think = More than 55 years ... But The Queen is still the same.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 30, 2021 17:39

An Stones / Pear Jam / Adele week in London? Why not? I am in.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 30, 2021 19:42

spunky

Please no. The new Wembley, which opened in 2007 is an abysmal concert venue. Awful acoustics and lots of terrible sightlines. It is absolutely nothing like the old Wembley the Stones played 12 times between 1982 & 1999.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2021 21:14

Somebody already started a "three nights at Wembley" rumor. Not sure what their source was.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 1, 2021 03:37

ProfessorWolf
EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy
Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

wow reading through that in real time i can definitely feel the exhaustion

There was a distinct lack of punctuation, notably periods. It was therefore, exhausting to read however, put you in that 'feel'.

yeah i know sorry about that i'm autistic and have learning disabilities so i'm afraid that's the best i can i don't understand where to put the punctuation and after a lot of work this is as good as i can do this

i still think keith sounds off at the hollywood show maybe exhausted was a tad over dramatic on my part but he still sounds tired to me

but i'm not saying the show was terrible or something i enjoyed it even sfthd but keith was a bit off to me

(there i spaced things apart a bit hope that was less exhaustive to readwinking smiley)

One tip I heard years ago, was to imagine you are speaking (when you write) and put a comma where you would expect to take a breath. Or, when you imagine you have come to the end of what you are saying, put a full stop/period.

I don't know if it works all the time as I don't need to think like that but it might help.............(If you want of course.........smiling smiley

i been told that by my teachers as well, but it takes a lot of concentration to do for me,
and greatly interferes with my ability to be articulate while writing.

One way round the 'concentrating as you go issue' is to write down everything you want to say as it comes to you and then, (and I do this sometimes) go over it and see where it might be appropriate to put a comma etc......much like going over stuff to check you haven't made any spelling mistakes........

Basically, self editing.........(sorry if you've tried that too........smiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 1, 2021 04:18

EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy
Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

There was a distinct lack of punctuation, notably periods. It was therefore, exhausting to read however, put you in that 'feel'.

yeah i know sorry about that i'm autistic and have learning disabilities so i'm afraid that's the best i can i don't understand where to put the punctuation and after a lot of work this is as good as i can do this

i still think keith sounds off at the hollywood show maybe exhausted was a tad over dramatic on my part but he still sounds tired to me

but i'm not saying the show was terrible or something i enjoyed it even sfthd but keith was a bit off to me

(there i spaced things apart a bit hope that was less exhaustive to readwinking smiley)

One tip I heard years ago, was to imagine you are speaking (when you write) and put a comma where you would expect to take a breath. Or, when you imagine you have come to the end of what you are saying, put a full stop/period.

I don't know if it works all the time as I don't need to think like that but it might help.............(If you want of course.........smiling smiley

i been told that by my teachers as well, but it takes a lot of concentration to do for me,

One way round the 'concentrating as you go issue' is to write down everything you want to say as it comes to you and then, (and I do this sometimes) go over it and see where it might be appropriate to put a comma etc......much like going over stuff to check you haven't made any spelling mistakes........

Basically, self editing.........(sorry if you've tried that too........smiling smiley

no reason to say sorry your just trying to help

sufficed to say i was taught that technique and it never quite stuck with me

no the best i can do is try to break up what i write so it's easier to read like i'm doing now

but sometimes i still forget

well back to the stones

what do you think the chances are of them streaming a show next year?

or at least the rumoured charlie tribute show?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 1, 2021 04:48

Topi
Somebody already started a "three nights at Wembley" rumor. Not sure what their source was.

That's the one I heard.

Date: December 1, 2021 05:04

Can not see why they would stream the Charlie tribute show as it’s a private event.

Nate

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 1, 2021 05:09

Nate
Can not see why they would stream the Charlie tribute show as it’s a private event.

Nate

it's a private event?

i thought it would be open to the public i had not heard that it was private

have you heard something about it being a private event or is it an informed guess?

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 1, 2021 10:33

grzegorz67
spunky

Please no. The new Wembley, which opened in 2007 is an abysmal concert venue. Awful acoustics and lots of terrible sightlines. It is absolutely nothing like the old Wembley the Stones played 12 times between 1982 & 1999.
Absolutely agree. The acoustics are so bad. I saw the Eagles there and the sound for a band with a professional crew was terrible. What's wrong with Twickenham?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 1, 2021 10:37

monkeymantoo
grzegorz67
spunky

Absolutely agree. The acoustics are so bad. I saw the Eagles there and the sound for a band with a professional crew was terrible. What's wrong with Twickenham?
They played in so many indoor stadiums in the last couple of years and always managed to get a decent sound. Also in Berlin 2018 at the Olympia Stadium which is said to have an awful sound the press and everybody praised the Stones' sound crew. So I would not worry about that too much

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: December 1, 2021 13:07

monkeymantoo
What's wrong with Twickenham?

public transport situation

ask everyone who walked home after the 2018 show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 13:08 by rayrad.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2021 13:17

rayrad
monkeymantoo

Yes, agreed. It was a blinking nightmare.

For me, travelling from Kent, Twickenham feels a little too far out of 'London proper' Wembley is, too, though the journey is a little easier, as it's - for me, anyway - via the London Underground. For sheer ease, the o2 Arena in North Greenwich is the most travel-friendly.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 1, 2021 13:37

Big Al
rayrad
monkeymantoo

For me, travelling from Kent, Twickenham feels a little too far out of 'London proper' Wembley is, too, though the journey is a little easier, as it's - for me, anyway - via the London Underground. For sheer ease, the o2 Arena in North Greenwich is the most travel-friendly.

Loved Twickenham!!.. would jump at the opportunity to spend a few days there again.

Course, getting a nearby hotel turned out to be the way to go smileys with beer

Date: December 1, 2021 14:15

StonedRambler
monkeymantoo
grzegorz67
spunky

They played in so many indoor stadiums in the last couple of years and always managed to get a decent sound. Also in Berlin 2018 at the Olympia Stadium which is said to have an awful sound the press and everybody praised the Stones' sound crew. So I would not worry about that too much

Really? Well I would very much worry. I've seen 3 shows there by different artists who all have professional sound engineers too. Nine of them could make it work. The top tier is a ludicrous distance height above the pitch. It is the worst big stadium venue in the entire UK by a country mile imho. Twickenham or the London Stadium would be far better.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2021 16:30

EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

The spaces do help a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 16:30 by Green Lady.

Date: December 1, 2021 16:35

rayrad
monkeymantoo

That was a one-off train breakdown and nothing to do with the stadium itself - chances of that situation happening again are small. Twickenham hosts 70,000-spectator Rugby matches on a regular basis without incident.

Date: December 1, 2021 17:16

Green Lady
rayrad
monkeymantoo

That was a one-off train breakdown and nothing to do with the stadium itself - chances of that situation happening again are small. Twickenham hosts 70,000-spectator Rugby matches on a regular basis without incident.

Agreed. I was there for U2 with my brother and nephew the year before and transport was fine.

I too was caught up in the aftershow transport woes in 2018. I ended up spending the night at Victoria Coach Station and taking the next day off work. But even if it were all to happen again, I'd STILL much prefer it to the post 2007 Wembley. Wembley transportation is even worse imho! After the show everyone gets funnelled along Wembley Way and there are endless queues for the tube.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 1, 2021 17:19

grzegorz67
StonedRambler
monkeymantoo
grzegorz67
spunky

Really? Well I would very much worry. I've seen 3 shows there by different artists who all have professional sound engineers too. Nine of them could make it work. The top tier is a ludicrous distance height above the pitch. It is the worst big stadium venue in the entire UK by a country mile imho. Twickenham or the London Stadium would be far better.
In 2017 everyone here was disappointed they were playing Amsterdam Arena because it's supposed to have a really bad sound. But they still managed to have quite a decent sound there (even if it was a bit echoey) and a lot of people thought it was one of the best concerts of the 2017 leg.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 17:20 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 1, 2021 17:32

Big Al
rayrad
monkeymantoo

Provided that the underground is working! I remember that after McCartney's show in 2018 the underground was already closed, and believe me that then it wasn't travel friendly anymore!

Date: December 1, 2021 17:41

Wild Slivovitz
Big Al
rayrad
monkeymantoo

Provided that the underground is working! I remember that after McCartney's show in 2018 the underground was already closed, and believe me that then it wasn't travel friendly anymore!

Yes indeed winking smiley. North Greenwich is a long way East of London City Centre. At O2 show 1 in 2012, I got the final tube West. Everyone squashed aboard. It was uncomfortable and probably a bit dangerous. At every stop, half the carriage had to get off to let people out then get back on again.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2021 17:59

Yes, under some circumstances, it is , perhaps, not quite so convenient! However, the Jubilee Line goes direct to Waterloo, so is great for me, as I'd be travelling home from the adjoining Waterloo East.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 1, 2021 18:53

I wish we only had problems like mentioned transportation problems...

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: December 1, 2021 20:53

Does anyone know what is it this "warming up the lounge for Christmas" on Mick's Insta/facebook?

Date: December 1, 2021 21:08

grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz
Big Al
rayrad
monkeymantoo

Yes indeed winking smiley. North Greenwich is a long way East of London City Centre. At O2 show 1 in 2012, I got the final tube West. Everyone squashed aboard. It was uncomfortable and probably a bit dangerous. At every stop, half the carriage had to get off to let people out then get back on again.

And then we all got thrown off the train at Green Park when the Tube closed down for the night.

Date: December 1, 2021 21:09

StonedRambler
grzegorz67
StonedRambler
monkeymantoo
grzegorz67
spunky

In 2017 everyone here was disappointed they were playing Amsterdam Arena because it's supposed to have a really bad sound. But they still managed to have quite a decent sound there (even if it was a bit echoey) and a lot of people thought it was one of the best concerts of the 2017 leg.

The sound in Amsterdam was really good, imo. Telenor Arena near Oslo in 2014, however, was bad.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home