Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 68
Re: 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 01:42

Massimo68
Mud night rambler :

Reminds me of The Stones Slane Castle show 2007. ugh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-29 01:42 by custom55.

Re: Europe 2022 show rumours - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: November 29, 2021 02:51

Looking at the way things have unfolded in just the past few days, I don't see any large concerts happening in 2022 outside the UK and the USA/Canada.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 03:01

Back to the US, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver

Date: November 29, 2021 03:08

They can hit these cities that were cancelled from the 2020/21 tour.

Vancouver
San Diego
Cleveland
Louisville
Buffalo

Then add these Canadian cities:
Toronto
Montreal
Moncton
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Then put in a few more US cities, or even a couple in Mexico City, to round out the 15 or so dates.

Then maybe a handful of dates in the UK for their 60th anniversary. It could work, if they're up to it.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:33

[aztecstadium.com]

Fall 2022...the new Aztec Stadium will be ready.

That'd be a big splash for SDSU if The Stones came through there, but they may wanna play it conservative and keep it strictly football to open up... Who knows?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 29, 2021 07:40

podiumboy
They can hit these cities that were cancelled from the 2020/21 tour.

Vancouver
San Diego
Cleveland
Louisville
Buffalo

Then add these Canadian cities:
Toronto
Montreal
Moncton
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Then put in a few more US cities, or even a couple in Mexico City, to round out the 15 or so dates.

Then maybe a handful of dates in the UK for their 60th anniversary. It could work, if they're up to it.

I would gladly go to 6 of those... ya reading this, Keef? Mick?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 29, 2021 08:35

podiumboy
Looking at the way things have unfolded in just the past few days, I don't see any large concerts happening in 2022 outside the UK and the USA/Canada.

Absolute nonsense.

Nate

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 09:38

Summer 2022 is Europe time, ten or so gigs in the biggest European cities and 3/4 final gigs in UK/London...This is it

Date: November 29, 2021 15:20

Nate
podiumboy

Absolute nonsense.

Nate

How is it nonsense? Europe largely seems to be moving in the opposite direction of allowing large concerts. A lot of things would have to change for the better in the next 6 months. Getting that many countries on the same page enough to allow a tour of multiple countries will be difficult.

Date: November 29, 2021 15:37

podiumboy
Nate
podiumboy

Absolute nonsense.

Nate

How is it nonsense? Europe largely seems to be moving in the opposite direction of allowing large concerts. A lot of things would have to change for the better in the next 6 months. Getting that many countries on the same page enough to allow a tour of multiple countries will be difficult.

Europe will not be in the same position next summer as it is now.The vast majority of people will either be vaccinated or have natural immunity by that time.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Omicron variant has been in Europe for a while already and is what's driving very high infection rates right now.

Nate

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 15:45

They won't do a US tour next year. They repeated the markets they did in 2013/2015 with the 2019/2021 tour, now they will head to Europe. Didn't some people here know something about a Tribute concert where the stones will take part too in December in England?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 29, 2021 18:22

treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy
Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

wow reading through that in real time i can definitely feel the exhaustion

There was a distinct lack of punctuation, notably periods. It was therefore, exhausting to read however, put you in that 'feel'.

yeah i know sorry about that i'm autistic and have learning disabilities so i'm afraid that's the best i can i don't understand where to put the punctuation and after a lot of work this is as good as i can do this

i still think keith sounds off at the hollywood show maybe exhausted was a tad over dramatic on my part but he still sounds tired to me

but i'm not saying the show was terrible or something i enjoyed it even sfthd but keith was a bit off to me

(there i spaced things apart a bit hope that was less exhaustive to readwinking smiley)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 29, 2021 20:19

Stonesfan2146
They won't do a US tour next year. They repeated the markets they did in 2013/2015 with the 2019/2021 tour, now they will head to Europe. Didn't some people here know something about a Tribute concert where the stones will take part too in December in England?

Yes a tribute concert was mentioned, and depending on the Covid situation, it could be a virtual concert with w/nobody in attendance.
On the bright side, they could have performers from around the world joining in the live feed - similar to what took place for Global Citizen’s One World: Together At Home virtual coronavirus relief concert. > Stones

Date: November 29, 2021 20:32

ProfessorWolf

i still think keith sounds off at the hollywood show maybe exhausted was a tad over dramatic on my part but he still sounds tired to me

Keith sounded a bit off and tired, and even looked a bit dazed and confused occasionally, but they all seemed to be running out of steam at the midway point of the mini-tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 29, 2021 20:44

Lol.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2021 20:46

Please do NOT use this thread for discussing covid-19. There is a separate thread for that kind of talks here.

Bjornulf

Date: November 30, 2021 02:57

Gfmsoccer
Remember the key factors to them deciding on a 60th anniversary tour.
1. Everyone has to be healthy
2. All 3 guys want to do the tour
3. Conditions in Europe have to be safe.
4. Futbol/soccer stadiums are available from May - August, so that’s their tour window

Also, the magic number for the guys seems to be 10 -15 shows these days. You have to do enough to make the big production profitable, but not too much to exhaust them. They were tired at the end of these 14 shows. So that means likely 10 cities in Europe with maybe 3 shows at end in England

Yes they were tired, but maybe the first three shows should be in England at the beginning - specifically London.
You have to wonder though if Keith (and the rest) are even going to be ready and willing to do another mini-tour after the "grueling" tour they just finished.
Maybe they should just do a few 60th anniversary shows in London rather than trying to figure out a tour in multiple countries, and their stamina/endurance is something to consider also.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2021 03:51

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy
Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

There was a distinct lack of punctuation, notably periods. It was therefore, exhausting to read however, put you in that 'feel'.

yeah i know sorry about that i'm autistic and have learning disabilities so i'm afraid that's the best i can i don't understand where to put the punctuation and after a lot of work this is as good as i can do this

but i'm not saying the show was terrible or something i enjoyed it even sfthd but keith was a bit off to me

(there i spaced things apart a bit hope that was less exhaustive to readwinking smiley)

You're devilishly good with apostrophe's though, and not bad with semi-colons!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 30, 2021 05:00

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

One tip I heard years ago, was to imagine you are speaking (when you write) and put a comma where you would expect to take a breath. Or, when you imagine you have come to the end of what you are saying, put a full stop/period.

I don't know if it works all the time as I don't need to think like that but it might help.............(If you want of course.........smiling smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 30, 2021 05:51

Thanks for sharing that Professor, you certainly didn't have to explain but hats off to you for being open and honest and much respect to you for doing so.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 30, 2021 06:15

Hairball
Gfmsoccer
Remember the key factors to them deciding on a 60th anniversary tour.
1. Everyone has to be healthy
2. All 3 guys want to do the tour
3. Conditions in Europe have to be safe.
4. Futbol/soccer stadiums are available from May - August, so that’s their tour window

Also, the magic number for the guys seems to be 10 -15 shows these days. You have to do enough to make the big production profitable, but not too much to exhaust them. They were tired at the end of these 14 shows. So that means likely 10 cities in Europe with maybe 3 shows at end in England

Yes they were tired, but maybe the first three shows should be in England at the beginning - specifically London.
You have to wonder though if Keith (and the rest) are even going to be ready and willing to do another mini-tour after the "grueling" tour they just finished.
Maybe they should just do a few 60th anniversary shows in London rather than trying to figure out a tour in multiple countries, and their stamina/endurance is something to consider also.

I'd be happy if they even play one more show, let alone a whole tour. Whatever they want is fine by me and I'll try my best to be there.

Date: November 30, 2021 09:27

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

You're devilishly good with apostrophe's though, and not bad with semi-colons!

thanks i trywinking smiley

Date: November 30, 2021 09:36

EddieByword
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

One tip I heard years ago, was to imagine you are speaking (when you write) and put a comma where you would expect to take a breath. Or, when you imagine you have come to the end of what you are saying, put a full stop/period.

I don't know if it works all the time as I don't need to think like that but it might help.............(If you want of course.........smiling smiley

i been told that by my teachers as well, but it takes a lot of concentration to do for me,
and greatly interferes with my ability to be articulate while writing.

Date: November 30, 2021 10:02

RSbestbandever
Thanks for sharing that Professor, you certainly didn't have to explain but hats off to you for being open and honest and much respect to you for doing so.

thanks but i'm aware that my writing comes off wierd and hard to read and that i need to explain why that is sometimes

but if you think my writing is exhaustive and and endless the way i speak isn't much better

the other day i was talking to someone and i brought up that i liked the stones and that somehow ended up with me ranting for 10 mins straight about outtakes from the some girls sessions

and i don't really understand body language very well and i don't realise that i'm droning on and on and so i tell people to tell me to stop when i do

and even that doesn't work sometimes and i keep going without noticing that i am

but enough about me the topic is europe 2022

Date: November 30, 2021 10:11

it be cool if they did a few festivals and then just go to a couple major citys next year and do a stadium show and then one or two theatre shows in each city giving fans the opportunity to see them in different settings and save them from having to travel as much

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:24

It would backfire on them if they tried to play festivals at this point. Winning over the Glastonbury audience the way they did was a triumph for them, but they could not do that now. They need an audience that has some idea of what to expect

Date: November 30, 2021 10:45

Nikkei
It would backfire on them if they tried to play festivals at this point. Winning over the Glastonbury audience the way they did was a triumph for them, but they could not do that now. They need an audience that has some idea of what to expect

all the better
replace the festival dates with another city with a stadium and theatre show

but it seems to be a mute point since the reports are they want to do festivals next year

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 30, 2021 12:37

I hope they'll come to a classic stadium tour.
Stop trying to attract younger fans, it's sadly useless.
They'd be safer playing normal tour shows in big cities rather than festivals in remote areas.

Most of their fans are 50+, not interested in festivals

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: November 30, 2021 12:56

A festival doesn't have to mean a muddy field in the middle of nowhere.Hyde park,Circus Maximus etc were classed as festivals.

Nate

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2021 12:59

How many shows does Hyde Park have booked for 2022? And what's the max # allowed by the city?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home